What Bronze servers gained/lost people?

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

I’m wondering if people can give me an idea as to how their bronze server’s population has been changed by free transfers. As it stands, this is my understanding of it:

Sorrow’s furnace – Same.
Darkhaven – Severe losses.
Fergusson’s crossing – Some losses/gains, net loss.
Gates of Madness – Slight gains.
Devona’s Rest – Extreme gains.
Anvil Rock – Some losses/gains, net loss.
Eredon Terrance – Severe losses.
Ehmry Bay – Same.
Kaineng – Slight gains.

Is this about correct?

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

I’d say even for AR or slight net gain, but nothing too crazy so far

I don’t know if it’s kain xfers or if ET fell apart that badly but kain seems to be doing a lot better as well

Dr’s gains seem like an over exaggeration – we’re fighting them right now and it doesn’t seem that much different

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It’s hard to tell. I don’t know if a lot of people left or people are just not logging on as they kiss their loved ones good bye and spend their last moments of freedom with them before the season starts and everyone is locked away in their basements with the lights off and their headphones on.

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

All I can speak to with any certainty is my own server.

Gates of Madness – Same. (so far)

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

FC gained krew/dO/vT/EmP from BP. Maybe a total of 40-50 players.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in WvW

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Yeah who left FC? my guild [AoE] is pretty active in WvW and I have not noticed any major guilds leaving. I’m psyched that some new ones joined in, I’m sure they will be pleasantly surprised at the action they will find in the bronze league.

in WvW

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

I can only speak for the bottom three on your list and that is pretty accurate for the window I play. I only WvW later at night and kain seems to maybe have a few extras running around but its mostly the fact ET has a handful of people trying to run around 4 maps. Ehmry Bay seems the same maybe even less but its hard to tell.

in WvW

Arius.7031

Yeah who left FC? my guild [AoE] is pretty active in WvW and I have not noticed any major guilds leaving. I’m psyched that some new ones joined in, I’m sure they will be pleasantly surprised at the action they will find in the bronze league.

My friend in fc says it’s mostly pugs/commanders.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Mattoid.3206

Mattoid.3206

FC hasn’t lost a major guild but we have been losing players slowly. I’ve noticed over the past 2 months that the number of people in WvW has been dropping slightly, the guild i’m in has lost 5-10 over that period at least.

I know for definite with the announcement of seasons that quite a few left to IoJ/HoD and some of our night crew has left. We’ve not been hit as hard as other Bronze League servers as we’ve gained some skill groups who look really good from what i’ve seen so far, so a net loss is probably accurate.

Dragonbrand
No. 1 Scrub [EDGE]

(edited by Mattoid.3206)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

According to Grav, EBay lost [Halo] to HoD (It’s about a 10-15man group).

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I’d say even for AR or slight net gain, but nothing too crazy so far

I don’t know if it’s kain xfers or if ET fell apart that badly but kain seems to be doing a lot better as well

Dr’s gains seem like an over exaggeration – we’re fighting them right now and it doesn’t seem that much different

I agree, it feels like AR has come out with a few more people.. It also seems like what we lost were zergers and what we picked up were people itching for a fight. All in all I think we’re in a better place.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

GoM shot itself in the foot, despite warning; we proceeded to try-hard and thus we went up in rank, and thus we felt into a 800 gem category, which nobody would pay 800 gems to go to an already low server. Regardless, the WvW community has restarted to rebuild, we have a [not so recent] return and transfers of new guilds, some of them small but organized. Right now we are just looking for coverag since we are all aware that it is night coverage what wins games.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Eredon Terrance – Severe losses.

I don’t think that’s entirely accurate. Yes, we lost one of our larger WvW guilds to free transfers, but we lost two of our larger WvW guilds several weeks earlier to higher-tier servers. And despite those losses, we’ve still been managing to hang in there and not totally collapse in points because of a core of players that stuck with ET from it’s time at the bottom of the rankings.

There is a quote in Dune, “God created Arrakis to train the faithful,” which is based on the idea that the hard conditions on the desert planet were a great training ground for a strong people. In many ways, Eredon Terrace is a like that, too, with a core of good players who don’t give up. We get knocked, down but we get up again, you’re never gonna keep us down.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

GoM shot itself in the foot, despite warning; we proceeded to try-hard and thus we went up in rank, and thus we felt into a 800 gem category, which nobody would pay 800 gems to go to an already low server. Regardless, the WvW community has restarted to rebuild, we have a [not so recent] return and transfers of new guilds, some of them small but organized. Right now we are just looking for coverag since we are all aware that it is night coverage what wins games.

We don’t tank, even if it means passing on an opportunity for free transfers. There’s plenty of servers in need and trying to skirt the system just wrecks things for everyone.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

We don’t tank, even if it means passing on an opportunity for free transfers. There’s plenty of servers in need and trying to skirt the system just wrecks things for everyone.

Wagons stop and break once it hit a wall… I expect HoD and DR to be teared apart at some point after the leagues…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Wagons stop and break once it hit a wall… I expect HoD and DR to be teared apart at some point after the leagues…

Or during if they get smashed a couple times

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Or during if they get smashed a couple times

This might be the case, a sizable portion of our recent numbers are DR natives that opened the scoreboard and liked what they saw. I prefer to think that our most stubborn groups will remain no matter what happens.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

Yea, we came for DH on that, but seeing SF go in with the same amount made it all the more great and anticipating! DH had a good 25 – 30 as they popped orange swords on QL. SF had close to equal that. Looking back at the video it looked like some DH bailed out jumping from the sides, but as we smashed the lord’s room you can still see plenty of DH tags in there. Then it was all SF. Hell of a good fight and bags for days. And our whole 15ish didn’t survive. We lost close to half our numbers by the end of the fight, but finishing it with a handful of ASH, we were pumped up after that.

Who needs SM, when you can get fights like that in the cupcake factory!

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Feels like ET lost all but the two dozen regulars that are on at varying hours. I had no work today so I was online for almost 12 hours, wearing the outnumbered buff for 9 of those hours on multiple maps.

Some clever guy will say ‘my guild loves the outnumbered buff’, but that is spoken when “outnumbered” means something different. We are talking 5 people online in the Eternal Battlegrounds, including the 3 pulled from homeland, trying to stop an enemy push with as many golems as we have people. Still sound like a blast?

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Please don’t get this topic closed by turning it into a matchup thread.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Fact of the matter is this game has hit a wall of sorts, we will see what WvW updates and S2 have to say about boosting the population.

But a new game release, combined with lingering issues that have yet to be fixed (along with some fundamental flaws), has caused more and more players to trickle out of the game. Couple that with the natural shelf life of a MMO, and you begin to see the populations thinning out.

Lower tier servers have fewer and fewer players each month it seems, and the upper tiers are filling up with people moving up trying to find something better/different. It really just makes sense that the lower servers are feeling the hit first. Free transfers just really compound the problem. I know ANET wanted to give the lowest servers in each tier a “fighting chance” but what they really should have done is allowed free transfers to the lowest populated servers….That way the players could have at least had a say (with free transfer enticement) on helping rebuild those servers somewhat.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Well sounds like we lost yet another guild ([Anbu]) to HoD. Soooo many lost….

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Arius.7031

Broken and dead guild with almost no wvw presence, don’t worry bout it.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

“PvE Scrubs” – BS

in WvW

Posted by: Sanctus.6950

Sanctus.6950

“PvE Scrubs” – BS

I was really planning on staying with [ANBU] because I thoroughly enjoyed being there during Season 1 and wanted to be with them during Season 2. My migration to HoD wasn’t in bad taste. The main reason I left was to join my brother on HoD and it is not disappointing at all. I really hope Dh will do well during this season in bronze league and that they can recover from these losses. Good luck to you all!

And as far as [ANBU] goes I don’t think they are really “dead” but they definitely have some changes to cope with just as all of Dh does. But I really do hope they get a greater presence in wvw.

Sanctus The Wall – Warrior – Final Scourge [Fin] / Anbu Ops [ANBU]

(edited by Sanctus.6950)

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

ET has had one WvW-focused guild leave during the free transfer period afaik. Two left several weeks ago. I’ve heard rumors of a large PvE-focused guild leaving (or left?) but have no confirmation. We’ve received several transfers consisting of individuals and some small guilds.

Overall, it’s hard to say if we broke even or not in WvW. Overall, I’d say the server itself probably has fewer people.

I can say, our “regulars” are still here and going strong. With that being said, we’ve been trying to get the rest of the server involved more with WvW. We had a training event yesterday as well as a “come try WvW for the first time” event in the hope of drawing more people into WvW. Folks are working hard to get more people involved and I feel like I’m seeing progress. (Great job everyone!)

I’m feeling pretty positive that we’ll do better this season than last. ::thumbsup::

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Ehmry Bay has lost 2 guilds (Halo, ASG) while a third (TEW) has split with its WvWers moving and PvErs staying, and another (SM) has gone inactive.

Doesn’t sound like much, but in our current state it doesn’t leave us with much either.

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

Some Anvil rock promotion. (much shameless)
From what it’s lookin like we could use EU and early NA time players.

So if you’re lookin for a change of pace, where you can do your own thing, minimal lag and a different kind of atmosphere, kittenin get your kitten down here!!! It’s a great server!!

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

clint.5681

If anyone wants to know where the mlgpro420blazitesports players are, they are on SF, so come join us.

#esports

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

If anyone wants to know where the mlgpro420blazitesports players are, they are on SF, so come join us.

#esports

get 360noscoped u filthy casul

#RaiseYourZergers

in WvW

clint.5681

#esports

get 360noscoped u filthy casul

#RaiseYourZergers

You don’t want those PvF probs bro

#nvmMatchupforumgone

#esports