What I dislike about Sieges and their use

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I really dislike that Sieges are never used for ground forces.

Nobody uses Trebs in WvW for supporting ground troops when fighting other ground troops.

its always built for attacking walls and gates.

Same with other sieges. They always built on a keep/tower/etc for defense/offense of structures, but never in any other way.

I wanted sieges to be something more in this game. We have only 1 mobile siege, and even that is pretty much used solely on gate destruction.

I like some sieges that can be built to help zergs hold the line like a bunker, or something with some offensive push, that isnt used for attacking structures.

WvW could have been so much more interesting that way. but these current sieges just arent interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: kbenton.4915

kbenton.4915

Flash building arrow carts and ballistas happen all the time in the open field.

Yak’s Bend Thief (P/D) [HvC]

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Hm?

I have both seen and personally used Trebs for bombarding people several times.

Just because YOU don’t use it like that doesn’t mean it is not used like that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

Taking enough skill in Treb master to have drain supply poison can be an added annoyance to throw into field fights. While many trebs are built inside towers or keeps they can certainly be used effectively for field fights that are in range.

Quickly built ACs on the fly can be great for an ambush. I see that tactic used fairly often in the field.

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Trebs and catapults are very dull in respect to target forces moving around. They are good for areas where forces tend to cluster and move slowly or not at all. Trebs and catas can be overrun easily when built on open field. On the other hand they need a lot of supply to build. The best use of them is to place them inside of structures and target areas like doors, bottlenecks, supply camps. In short places where you have chances to hit forces several times.

Supply stealing cows are very useful to drain zergs empty if used wisely. Traps are also very effective when placed at neuralgic points. Arrowcarts are much more responsive and can target moving targets much better. Even rams with iron hide as AoE is useful in open field battles.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Watch the skyline, sing along, enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ahCrGCWFo

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

The video is a very good example for a situation where trebs and mortar excel. The hostile forces are located on a bridge providing a nice bottleneck. The own forces prevent rapid moving. So you can apply a lot of AoE to the enemies very efficiently.

My burnings tick even 400 higher…

in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Watch the skyline, sing along, enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ahCrGCWFo

You could have use the AC instead and get like twice as much bags