What can us WvWers buy to help support WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

Q:

Now hear me out for a second. If us WvWers had more things that we could buy in the gem store, would aNet pour more attention and developer support into WvW? Because I don’t mind buying gems if they are for nice things, but at present there is very little in the gem store that WvWers want or need.

Of course they have to be cosmetic or other items that don’t affect gameplay, but what are some things that we’d like to see aNet put in the gem store? Again, operating under the assumption that more gem purchases —> more development of WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

I want costumes and party hats that I can equip on NPCs in wvw objectives that I capture or my guild claims.

I’d also like the ability to put costumes or decals on golems.

(And yes, I would spend real money on both)

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I would happily pay 5000 gems for a flag finisher with the word ’buygate’ on it and a giant thumbs down.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Just more stuff to put our guild emblem on would be cool.

Why not allow players to purchase a finishers that has you implant a flag into your opponent with the guild’s emblem on it?

Heimlich’s idea is also cool. What if the defenders of a claimed keep used guild equipment with your guild’s emblem on it?

Or best of all… why not introduce guild halls and introduce tons of furnishings and such guilds could use to decorate it. You could then make a ‘empty’ and instanced border land in a kind of ‘2 forts’ layout with one guild’s keep on each end so guilds could actually war other guilds and attempt to steal the enemy’s banner which you could then put on display in your own guild keep.

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

They won’t improve WvW ever.

in WvW

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

a few ideas:

-items that let any golem you drive change to match your guild or a set color scheme.
-Siege weapons that would get addition effect ( like rams you place would get quagans helping to push it.)
-item that would change traps to show a different animation, ie supply trap shows hole appearing and skritt coming out and taking crates from the players.

in WvW

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

Well, I used to buy town clothes and toys.

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

An item that lets you toggle on/off auto consume food/applies oils when it runs out. Every WvW-er would buy it.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

- Cosmetic items to affect siege weaponry – possibly an item that makes all blueprints you throw down for 2 or 3 hours display guild emblem or follow guild color scheme.
- WvW only armor skins – purchase with gems + badges.
- WvW only finishers, love the idea above someone said your guild emblem on the flag.
- WvW specific food trays maybe? Food that reduces damage to guards/mercs and increases WEXP gain
- Siegerazer mini?
- Different colored commander icons or different commander icon emblems only usable in WvW… maybe even commander icon that is the guild emblem
- Weapon and armor skins that allow for guild emblem – more than just what’s purchasable through guild armorer… whole suit of armor.
- Upgrade assistant – a charge limited item that lets you browse current upgrades in progress for all structures on the current map as well as current supply levels, and queue new upgrades without being physically present in the structure.

There’s probably so much more… WvW could be a gold mine for them if they really wanted it to be.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

They won’t improve WvW ever.

Well to be fair, Anet thinks that Ruins, Toxic things and Do Not Touch Towers are an improvement to WvW, and our opinions are not welcome.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I would happily pay 5000 gems for a flag finisher with the word ‘buygate’ on it and a giant thumbs down.

:D On a serious note, guild specific stomps would be a nice gem item

in WvW

Posted by: Laundry.5120

Laundry.5120

I don’t think things like stomps actually help WvWvW itself, those are just player centric additions.

Things like having guild customization options for camps/keeps, such as converting a camp to have dredge only mobs (hidden underground until aggroed), or Kodan with knockback/knockdowns, others along those lines that guilds could theme themselves around would be a pretty good thing to see.

Even having visual changes to a keep based on what the guild claiming it chose would set WvWvW into a more dynamic experience (the race specific keeps from WAR).

Also having some kind of indicator as to which guild claimed which objective would help, for example entering Astralhome could have a line under it that says <Guild Name>, as it is the flags and banners may as well be taken out for all the good they do.

Lavanderie – 80 Mesmer/Gaiscioch/Sanctum of Rall

Electrique – 80 Engineer/Gaiscioch/Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Without saying who, Anet has now tripped their WvW team from their first announcement that they were doubling their wvw team 6 months ago. Anet knows WvW is a cash cow.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Repair cannisters can already be purchased.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Ohbe.9761

Ohbe.9761

I would happily pay 5000 gems for a flag finisher with the word ‘buygate’ on it and a giant thumbs down.

I don’t know man, after reading the QQ ratings. I think a cloud with ‘SoRe Losers’ text on it and IRON/DIE tags moving away from it would sell more.

in WvW

Posted by: Gilgamesh.7364

Gilgamesh.7364

Or they can provide boats for all the sore losers so they don’t drown in their own tears

In WvWvW, there will always be 1 winner & 2 losers.

in WvW

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Just for today you, the WvWer, can already support ArenaNet by buying a bag and bank slot for 800 gems. You will need the bag slot for all the lootbags you collect from the corpses of the weak.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

I don’t know man, after reading the QQ ratings. I think a cloud with ‘SoRe Losers’ text on it and IRON/DIE tags moving away from it would sell more.

I’d pay for that.

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

nothing, we bought the game when anet was all about big talk and flashy promises..
if these so called revolutionary gamemodes and gameplay statements were true this topic wouldn’t excist and neither would the 90% of toxicated comments ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: chestonu.8059

chestonu.8059

NOTE: I’m ignoring the obvious flame/troll comments. Seriously guys. Enough is enough. Focus on the future.

- Cosmetic items to affect siege weaponry – possibly an item that makes all blueprints you throw down for 2 or 3 hours display guild emblem or follow guild color scheme.
- WvW only armor skins – purchase with gems + badges.
- WvW only finishers, love the idea above someone said your guild emblem on the flag.
- WvW specific food trays maybe? Food that reduces damage to guards/mercs and increases WEXP gain
- Siegerazer mini?
- Different colored commander icons or different commander icon emblems only usable in WvW… maybe even commander icon that is the guild emblem
- Weapon and armor skins that allow for guild emblem – more than just what’s purchasable through guild armorer… whole suit of armor.
- Upgrade assistant – a charge limited item that lets you browse current upgrades in progress for all structures on the current map as well as current supply levels, and queue new upgrades without being physically present in the structure.

There’s probably so much more… WvW could be a gold mine for them if they really wanted it to be.

We already have Guild Siege weapons. Buy them from the guild vendors in LA, using Guild Commendations. They’re actually REALLY good, and look cool.

The WvW food item recipes – that’s a good idea.

Siegerazer mini? I bet they already have this in the works. If not, they should!

Different Commander tag colors/symbols??? YES PLEASE!!! x10000 This would make multi-commander strategies WAY more useful in WvW, and would give lots of people a real REASON to tag up again.

Some of my own ideas for GEM upgrades:
– Commanders gain DRAWING ability on the minimap, like in GW1 – squad based
– Commanders gain PING ability on the minimap, like in GW1 – squad based
– Commanders gain higher SUPPRESSION threshold, for chat channels
– Guild-Claimed NPC cosmetic changes – Changes all NPCs into Charr, Quaggan, etc, wearing the guild emblem.
– Consumable Magic Flare, sends a pillar of blazing energy into the sky visible across the map, marking your current location.
– Consumable Siege Merchant, We have Black Lion and regular merchants, why not to buy siege
– LIEUTENANT TAG – (Commander Consumable. Lasts 1 hr? 3 hr?) A lesser tag that can be granted by a Commander to designate players in their squad as a Lieutenant, who can also check supply, and is visible on the map.
– SIEGE SHIELDS – (Commander Consumable.) Give the next siege item you deploy a mystical shield bubble, similar to that of Commander Siegerazer. 30-60min cooldown to prevent spam.

Just brainstorming, but these are things people would buy on a regular basis. Feel free to discuss!

Broon Khavar
– [CERN] Commander, Tarnished Coast
– “The best weapon anyone can have, is a sharp mind.”

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Gem items sadly cannot give any WvW advantage, otherwise we’d get claims of paying to win, etc …

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I would pay/buy gems to clone my current chars so I can create every profession for every situation. Without going though the whole 1-80 process again.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Gem items sadly cannot give any WvW advantage, otherwise we’d get claims of paying to win, etc …

Actually you can. Simply trade your gems for gold , buy exotics and legendaries and expensive food stuff.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Yes I suppose that’s true

I was thinking more like tools, etc you could use in WvW to fight (outside of gear, which everyone can get one way or another).

in WvW

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

Christmas is getting closer.

It would be a shut up and take my money if I could buy in the gem store an upgrade that allow me, after I claimed for my guild a tower, to decorate it in a Xmas style..

in WvW

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Now hear me out for a second. If us WvWers had more things that we could buy in the gem store, would aNet pour more attention and developer support into WvW? Because I don’t mind buying gems if they are for nice things, but at present there is very little in the gem store that WvWers want or need.

Of course they have to be cosmetic or other items that don’t affect gameplay, but what are some things that we’d like to see aNet put in the gem store? Again, operating under the assumption that more gem purchases —> more development of WvW.

Companies have limited resources. ANET knows that WvWvW is niche, and that they are better off keeping the PvErs happy. No significant resources (or thought) will be allocated in to WvWvW.

Why venture into WvWvW zone if we can stand around the Mystic Forge in town clothes???

(edited by ionix.9054)

in WvW

Posted by: chestonu.8059

chestonu.8059

I disagree, ionix.9054.

In my experience, the PvP aspect of a particular game is where the players who are really really passionate about the game will be. PVE is fun, until you complete it. Then you complete it again. And again. And again. However, these are players who will switch to other games when the next ‘latest thing’ comes along.

However, the PvP crowd are there because they really, truly love the game. They are the rabid fans who are more likely to put their money down for the things that make the experience more fun for them. It is the reason old multiplayer PvP style games (not just MMOs, but any game with PvP) usually still have followings, even years after the games have ‘died’. Its the reason FPS franchise games continue to do well, time after time after time.

I think Anet knows this, and they will respond.

Broon Khavar
– [CERN] Commander, Tarnished Coast
– “The best weapon anyone can have, is a sharp mind.”

in WvW

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

Personally, I’ll be filling out some bank and bag slots with the sale today, particularly with alts being more usable in wvw. I’ll get them an extra slot each perhaps.

I agree with OP, would be nice if there were some really obvious wvw inspired gem store items to help support. This being particularly relevant with the announced 800 and 4000 gem purchase in December bonuses (perhaps what spurred your initial question).

in WvW

Jayne.9251

It would be a shut up and take my money if I could buy in the gem store an upgrade that allow me, after I claimed for my guild a tower, to decorate it in a Xmas style..

I actually love this idea

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Oh wow, this is actually ingenious.

If ANET is reading, this is a new revenue stream. You have finishers already, let’s face it cow finisher still the funniest out there. Make more silly ones and players would buy em. When our guild was talking about this the other night, one of our buds mentioned the below finisher.

You stomp, the ground below opens up in a black hole, and a blender blade comes up spinning. I thought that was neat.

A guild upgrade buff package, that’s a new ballgame. This can be done seasonally, with events, with monthly tie in’s … ingenious.

- Guild-Claimed NPC cosmetic changes – Changes all NPCs into Charr, Quaggan, etc, wearing the guild emblem.

^^ this is a great idea as well. And should be in place.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in WvW

Posted by: chriskin.3298

chriskin.3298

THIS. 100% THIS.
Make the “you can decorate a tower” part independent from the “you claim the tower” part and I would buy it the moment it hit the store.

Chriskin – Piken Square – Mesmer/Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

A mini Christmas dolyak that can carry 5 supply and drop it on a gate/wall/siege item on command and then refill at a supply camp when you do. :o I’d pay like 3000 gems for that baby.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Christmas finisher – jump up twirling a christmas ball ornament by the hook, slamming it down explodes on impact, words “You been Naughty Listed” come out

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

MasterMc.7543 already mentioned all the ideas I had.
+1 for all of them.

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

An item that lets you toggle on/off auto consume food/applies oils when it runs out. Every WvW-er would buy it.

Ohh…HELL YES! Give me some of this! I’d pay gems for it… GLADLY!

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Or best of all… why not introduce guild halls and introduce tons of furnishings and such guilds could use to decorate it. You could then make a ‘empty’ and instanced border land in a kind of ‘2 forts’ layout with one guild’s keep on each end so guilds could actually war other guilds and attempt to steal the enemy’s banner which you could then put on display in your own guild keep.

Anet is really missing out on a ton of revenue, not just guild halls, but individual player housing, too. Everquest 2 is up to 25 different themed player housing that people pay $25-30 for … each. Most players own multiple homes.

Add to the Christmas decorated towers: sell in sets of 10 charges, given how frequently most towers flip.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I’d like to be able to buy particle effects for my weapons and armor. Actually, I’d prefer to be able to craft them instead as per a new crafting profession, but would be more than happy to buy gems and covert to gold to streamline the process.

I like a lot of weapons and armor in the game, and I dislike quite a bit of it too, either way, I think a lot of these items could be spiced up by adding particle effects. Would be even cooler if some were themed around events xmas.

This of course could be both a PvE and WvW thing; I’m just not sure if ever player ran around doused in particle effects if it would create some unbelievable lag.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

As much as that would be pretty, the added particle effects I think would impact lag/latency in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

As much as that would be pretty, the added particle effects I think would impact lag/latency in WvW.

That would be something I would not be willing to trade for lol. If however Anet could make it work so there is no impact, I’d love to see it implemented.

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

They don’t want WvWers spending money on the game. That’s why they disabled town clothes completely, because they hate selling things to WvW players.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

They don’t want WvWers spending money on the game. That’s why they disabled town clothes completely, because they hate selling things to WvW players.

And I thought because players would exploit those items. Silly me. And did they also disabled finishers yet? And what about Unlimited Gathering Tools, skins and items like the Flute?

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Anet is really missing out on a ton of revenue, not just guild halls, but individual player housing, too. Everquest 2 is up to 25 different themed player housing that people pay $25-30 for … each. Most players own multiple homes.

Add to the Christmas decorated towers: sell in sets of 10 charges, given how frequently most towers flip.

Pretty much. I don’t know how a modern pay to win style mmo doesn’t launch with player housing. People go absolutely nuts with these things and ANet could introduce a new piece of furniture a week for an easy money grab.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

There are various things they can add for wvw’er, and catering to the guilds will probably get you the most sales, as it seems people have more guild pride than anything these days.

1. As mentioned allow guild claims to decorate their tower as a theme, halloween, wintersday, valentines, medieval, etc. These should include a sign on the wall near the gate that says [Owned by Guildname]. Sell these themes at the time of the events if you want to make them special.

2. Sell wvw skin versions of the town clothes without the extra skills. How many wvw’ers would want to run around as the mad king? Add in the store more separate skins of wvw themed helms shoulders back gloves, these are items that stand out.

3. More inspiring finishers, guild banner stakes as mentioned, bigger signs that says [Finished By Playername!], [Guildname Represent!], Guildname Wuz Here!], [Guildname 4 Lyfe!]

4. Add in new themed skins for siege weapons, catapults made of bones, rams lit on fire, trebuchets looking like christmas trees.

5. Taunting banners that players can be planted anywhere like warrior banners but bigger, ones with messages written such as the finishers in number 3.

6. Design mounts with normal run speed, can pick up regular speed buffs. Do you know how much of a killing WoW makes on selling mounts? They sell mounts for $25 and even starting to sell helms for $15.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

-Every server community submits an official server flag/logo/mascot proposal
-Gets voted on Evon-like
-You can buy little flags for the Toy slot, finishers with the flag/logo, and mascot minipets in the Gemstore

Server pride is by far the biggest untapped WvW market.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I think that’s a great idea Jamais!

in WvW

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

Such an awesome idea. Why not take it a step further and award guild influence the longer said tower is held. Or if not guild influence, some other non-gold cosmetic reward, like the visuals of the tower are improved the longer it’s held. (This would also have the added effect of encouraging defense and breaking apart zergs). Can you imagine a guild staying up for days straight so they can protect and upgrade Durios with a flashing neon guild insignia or a flying guild balloon?

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Gem store money doesn’t go to ANet so it wouldn’t really matter. NCSoft gets it all.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

No, anet gets quite a bit of it. How do you think they are paying their development team? With pizza and beer?

I think the real answer is anything. Anet uses metrics to measure player activity in each area, by playing WvW and buying gems they know you are playing wvw and buying gems.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

They seem to be putting effort into WvW, wether its all possitive is up for debate.

But the ruins were added not to long ago with a big overall change to the borderland map, for the sake of roamers gameplay.
hey are comming out with an overflow WvW map in the near future, and they are going to make WXP acountbound. Granted it shouldve been in the first place… And they made OS a place where you can do GvG again.

This is all stuff based on community feedback, and its all happening in a fairly short period of time.
That doesnt excuse that there is still a lot that can be improved for WvW, but saying arenanet flat out ignores or doesnt care for WvW is just not true.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Skins for siege and more finishers are easy to implement and probably would be cash cows for Anet (especially considering how much siege is used every day).

Skins for towers and camps are a bit harder to implement because: who pays for them? The guild that claims? How would you do that — as guilds don’t own gems: players do. This would take a bit of work from Anet (though I think the idea of it is great).