What good are Borderlands?

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

What does this add to the game vs. what borerlands take away from the game? Borderlands only benefit stacked servers.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

A large PK instance. Without it, gw2 will not be as good as it is. Not withstanding the ppt fights for those who care.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

More serious fights than the pugblobzerging in EB

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Galwrath.9302

Lord Galwrath.9302

One map is not enough for the massive WvW population. It’s permanently increasing.

Kristal Dessertz
[NA]

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Without the BL’s I wouldn’t do WvW. EB for my server is typically pugs kitten ing at the gate of SM and a few more organized players flipping camps and a tower or 2.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Getting rid of the borderlands would do a lot to solve the problem of servers being outnumbered. All three servers would be roughly equal numbers. The point scores would reflect actual accomplishment instead of simply which server was bigger.

As far as waiting in a queue or overflow, that is already normal in GW2. Any of the major PvE events, like Tequatl or Scarlet’s Minions, result in overflow for days.

The borderlands should be converted to something more useful or at least scored seperately from EB, so we can see how well each server is actually doing.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I prefer the borderlands a lot more. EBG is too zergy by nature and doesn’t have as ordered predictable map flows that simulate a real war front. Also, too much trebbing.

However the suggestion to cut down on maps might have some value, as then the top overpopulated servers would face enormously long queues, which would necessitate the player base spreading out to far more servers.

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

The concept (regardless of how you think it worked) was that of the open world siege warfare. More variability is the best – it’s not meant to be just a huge PvP arena.

The real question should be why are all 3 BLs so similar (for balance, I know, but still) and why are there no more new maps added.

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Getting rid of the borderlands would do a lot to solve the problem of servers being outnumbered. All three servers would be roughly equal numbers. The point scores would reflect actual accomplishment instead of simply which server was bigger.

As far as waiting in a queue or overflow, that is already normal in GW2. Any of the major PvE events, like Tequatl or Scarlet’s Minions, result in overflow for days.

The borderlands should be converted to something more useful or at least scored seperately from EB, so we can see how well each server is actually doing.

Attachments:

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

The real question should be why are all 3 BLs so similar (for balance, I know, but still) and why are there no more new maps added.

They way Anet always answers this question, it seems WvW maps are about the most laborious thing for them to create in the whole game. Probably why they cloned the BL three times.

Or just maybe not enough resources and devs are being spent on WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

They way Anet always answers this question, it seems WvW maps are about the most laborious thing for them to create in the whole game. Probably why they cloned the BL three times.

Just maybe …

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Funny how they claim that the maps need to be labored over and tested ad nauseum for balance yet they activly go out of their way to unbalance other things in WvW.

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I personally don’t like the borderlands (obviously) but I am ok with other people playing them if that’s what you like. I still think EB should be scored seperately. The rankings would look different if they did not depend so much on the number of players in the borderlands.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Getting rid of the borderlands would do a lot to solve the problem of servers being outnumbered. All three servers would be roughly equal numbers

and queues would be four times longer

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

More serious fights than the pugblobzerging in EB

How true this is… EB on practically every server I have been on is the training ground. BLs hold more value, generally have tougher fights and attract more seasoned players.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

really? Seems really boring to me when I have been in the borderlands. The borderlands seem like the training grounds for maybe-wannabe WvW players. My main objection is the way the borderlands distort the scores in favor of servers with bigger population. The scores show how big the servers are instead of how well they play.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

That and I didn’t know so many people like the BLs. I thought it must be wasted space. Sorry.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

would be good if ANet looked at what is being measured by the scores before the league matchups. It would be stupid to just measure the size of the servers and call that a win.

For the Toast!