Which guilds transferred off SoR?

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

I haven’t been up to date with GW2 (and WvW) past few weeks, but I hear that a lot of guilds transferred off of SoR? I know that FEAR went to FA. Which other guilds left?

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

I haven’t been up to date with GW2 (and WvW) past few weeks, but I hear that a lot of guilds transferred off of SoR? I know that FEAR went to FA. Which other guilds left?

FEAR/RET to FA
SoX/XPK to JQ

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I don’t think transferring to JQ is ever a good idea but my realm mates always hate me for saying that. I was gonna comment in the Balance Tier 3 thread but that one seemed to have gone off the rails. Sorry, but us players have shown time and time again we will not do what is good for the overall health of the game by choice and are just in it for the quick self-satisfaction of rofl-stomping each other.

Here is hoping that now that EotM is here ANET has big plans to make us scream mercy with some rather forceful draconian measures to bring about some semblance of active WvW population balance between the tiers. A girl can dream can’t she?

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Now that SoR are 100% EOTM only, it’s kinda irrelevant who has left or who is left.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Now that SoR are 100% EOTM only, it’s kinda irrelevant who has left or who is left.

Yeah last night I saw literally 30+ HIRE with around 15-20 Choo running in a big blob karma training some random EotM map. There were a lot of pugs with them, too, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they were all from SoR. It was literally the largest blob I’ve ever seen.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Vespirisa.1497

Yeah last night I saw literally 30+ HIRE with around 15-20 Choo running in a big blob karma training some random EotM map. There were a lot of pugs with them, too, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they were all from SoR. It was literally the largest blob I’ve ever seen.

During our fights with PYRO we had like 10-15 HIRE and a few Choo. The rest were pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

yeah it was a blast rolling the squishies

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

I don’t think transferring to JQ is ever a good idea but my realm mates always hate me for saying that.

Most great thinkers are unappreciated in their time.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

When you competing against a super stacked server like BG, any help is good help. At this moment, BG has grown so large that they have to turn guilds away.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Why the hell would you go pure EoTM? Might aswell go PvE straight away then lmfao.

Team Aggression [TA]

in WvW

Vespirisa.1497

Why the hell would you go pure EoTM? Might aswell go PvE straight away then lmfao.

BG likes to sit in towers with their ACs. Every tower has at least 5-7. Add in some trebs and ballistas. Who wants to waste time breaking into their T3 towers.

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

When you competing against a super stacked server like BG, any help is good help. At this moment, BG has grown so large that they have to turn guilds away.

But tbh all you doing is making it worse, so instead of 1 stacked server there is now 2 who really wants to be the 3rd server in that match up?

in WvW

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

Imagine trying to take a t3 keep with 60 defenders, 25 arrow carts, and 10 trebs. Now imagine trying to do it with only 20 people since the rest of your server has to defend your garrison and eb keep from multiple 80 man blobs.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

SoR is a karma train server. Why would they want to attack something with defenders?

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

There are now 4 game modes

sPvP
PvE
WvW: PvDoor
WvW: EOTM

The old BL’s and EB are even worse than PvE as knocking down doors gives next to no rewards. It does, however, lead to ppt, which BG lurves. The entire design of WvW: PvDoor is anti PvP. To succeed it’s best to avoid fights entirely. If you enjoy this, more power to you, but to expect other people to endure that nonsense is ridiculous.

You may see WvW: EOTM as some sort of karma fest, and the way it’s been made it offers the best in that kind of experience. But at the same time it comes with the ability for massive, constant, PvP ACTUAL COMBATIVE encounters. That’s all any serious PvP’r wants. To engage other players in combat, not just doors for ppt. Fact is, it’s a hell of a lot of fun, unlike WvW: PvDoor (unless you’re one of the aforementioned folk who thrive on that sort of thing).

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

SoR is a karma train server. Why would they want to attack something with defenders?

The best karma trains are found on those servers with the maximum number of players present to melt everything in their path. Not those with an inferior force being blocked constantly by forces three times their size. Nice try though.

in WvW

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Sounds like NA has been struck under severe kitten crap.. Sure, we have our karma trains present in EU, however I have to admit guilds are being stacked and more open field fights occur then ever before..

Team Aggression [TA]

in WvW

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

Our PPT was at 0 (yes, zero) the other night, lol. I haven’t seen it get above 100 since EOTM.

WvW Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

If SoR is tanking their score on purpose, they will return to tier 1 very shortly after falling to t2

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

We all know JQ was the first ever super stacked server in gw2. It was the bandwagon post free transfers. JQ still holds the record of 15 consecutive wins. I agree, BG is stacked, but not with wvw guilds. It’s mostly PVE/PVX people who transferred here for easy wins and the wvw bonuses towards the end of the week.

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Why are you guys kittening about it? JQ and BG will finally get the 1v1 WvW experience they seem to crave, and we can go have fun elsewhere. There seems to be an awful lot of sand in the kittens of the two servers who really have nothing to complain about.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Tier 1 servers calling each other super stacked

lol

in WvW

Posted by: oxo.7869

oxo.7869

There should be a way in game for server to deny disruptive “hur dur we play for fights not PPT” baddie guilds from transferring to their server and taking over their community. I genuinely feel sorry for FA.

in WvW

Vespirisa.1497

There should be a way in game for server to deny disruptive “hur dur we play for fights not PPT” baddie guilds from transferring to their server and taking over their community. I genuinely feel sorry for FA.

At least we fight rather than sit on ACs and refusing to come out of our towers.

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

We all know JQ was the first ever super stacked server in gw2. It was the bandwagon post free transfers. JQ still holds the record of 15 consecutive wins.

Which following your logic in the paragraph below means a lot of PvX players went to JQ, which is true.

I agree, BG is stacked, but not with wvw guilds. It’s mostly PVE/PVX people who transferred here for easy wins and the wvw bonuses towards the end of the week.

Any significant kind of PvX transfer to BG has happened after seasons which is only recent. Prior to that BG has received WvW focused guilds from many servers, Kaineng, SBI, SoS etc its a long list.

Many experienced WvW players take your statements with a grain of salt, your modus operandi is typically ‘argue an extreme point of view to try and prove others wrong’. But for new people your comments are misleading which is why I bother to comment.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Omega.9601

Omega.9601

Why the hell would you feel sorry for FA? We are having fun in t2, we aren’t BG. Besides the whole fights over ppt thing wasn’t from guilds transferring in, it’s pretty much always been like that, and guilds that transfer here are fully aware of that. It’s not like we completly ignore ppt, so quit acting like you know anything about FA.

Fort Aspenwood
Ectoplasm Ltd [GLOB] – Elementalist

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

We all know JQ was the first ever super stacked server in gw2. It was the bandwagon post free transfers. JQ still holds the record of 15 consecutive wins.

Which following your logic in the paragraph below means a lot of PvX players went to JQ, which is true.

I agree, BG is stacked, but not with wvw guilds. It’s mostly PVE/PVX people who transferred here for easy wins and the wvw bonuses towards the end of the week.

Any significant kind of PvX transfer to BG has happened after seasons which is only recent. Prior to that BG has received WvW focused guilds from many servers, Kaineng, SBI, SoS etc its a long list.

The guilds from kaineng, SBI and SoS is ancient history. And so what if they transferred to BG all those months ago? In the recent history, please name a few guilds that have transferred to BG?

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

You may see WvW: EOTM as some sort of karma fest, and the way it’s been made it offers the best in that kind of experience. But at the same time it comes with the ability for massive, constant, PvP ACTUAL COMBATIVE encounters. That’s all any serious PvP’r wants. To engage other players in combat, not just doors for ppt. Fact is, it’s a hell of a lot of fun, unlike WvW: PvDoor (unless you’re one of the aforementioned folk who thrive on that sort of thing).

To be fair, WvW in either form is not really PvP and never was intended to be. It’s a MMORTS mini-game with player controlled zerglings. It’s there for the farming, the tactical / logistical grinding, and zergtastic antics. People who aren’t into PvDoor can either roam or go do arenas, which are “real PvP” for those who want nothing else.

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

The guilds from kaineng, SBI and SoS is ancient history. And so what if they transferred to BG all those months ago? In the recent history, please name a few guilds that have transferred to BG?

Just throwing this out there, and I’m fairly certain this has been the case for the last two months, or it’s highly coincidental that every time I open the xfer/guest list, BG is always Full status, but….

Attachments:

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Just throwing this out there, and I’m fairly certain this has been the case for the last two months, or it’s highly coincidental that every time I open the xfer/guest list, BG is always Full status, but….

What do you expect for the only NA server that killed the great wurm and the first to kill Teq? Of course tons of pve/pvx people are going to transfer to BG. What has this to do with the false rumor that BG is acquiring more WvW guilds?

Blackgate Engineer

in WvW

Mr Ko Killer.7206

What do you expect for the only NA server that killed the great wurm and the first to kill Teq? Of course tons of pve/pvx people are going to transfer to BG. What has this to do with the false rumor that BG is acquiring more WvW guilds?

Has a lot to do with WvW….PvErs guest they don’t xfer and if they do xfer, that’s more militia for WvW. Noones saying you are acquiring more WvW guilds, it’s already stacked as full as it can be.

And it’s more to do with the whole “we turn away guilds/no one xfers here” lie. Noone does because no one can.

(edited by Mr Ko Killer.7206)

in WvW

Reslinal.2359

Has a lot to do with WvW….PvErs guest they don’t xfer and if they do xfer, that’s more militia for WvW. Noones saying you are acquiring more WvW guilds, it’s already stacked as full as it can be.

And it’s more to do with the whole “we turn away guilds/no one xfers here” lie. Noone does because no one can.

Fanwong just a week ago was trying to accuse BG of acquiring more EU guilds, would you like me to provide you a link to his posts? So plenty of people are spreading false rumors.

As for the “we turn away guilds” lie you claim, here is a post on BG public forum clearly showing us turning away guilds: http://blackgatewvw.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1676-french-guilde-search-for-a-new-serv/.

Blackgate Engineer

in WvW

Mr Ko Killer.7206

Fanwong just a week ago was trying to accuse BG of acquiring more EU guilds, would you like me to provide you a link to his posts? So plenty of people are spreading false rumors.

As for the “we turn away guilds” lie you claim, here is a post on BG public forum clearly showing us turning away guilds: http://blackgatewvw.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1676-french-guilde-search-for-a-new-serv/.

So Fannwong = plenty of people? or did you confuse his “posts” to have come from many others besides him?

That also happens to be way back in November, 2 and half months ago, before BG even won league, I fail to see how that’s part of the recent history that Seigfried was talking about.

Since you want to bring up the times during League, if you guys have been so prominent on “turning guilds away” you sure did a good job turning away ZDs the very first week of league.

in WvW

Reslinal.2359

So Fannwong = plenty of people? or did you confuse his “posts” to have come from many others besides him?

That also happens to be way back in November, 2 and half months ago, before BG even won league, I fail to see how that’s part of the recent history that Seigfried was talking about.

Since you want to bring up the times during League, if you guys have been so prominent on “turning guilds away” you sure did a good job turning away ZDs the very first week of league.

Fanwong is a more prominent voice in the community and I use him as a representative, would you like me to provide you with more links of people making the false rumor?

That post was made on Nov 22nd, at the time when the season was coming to an end. BG has repeatedly said we have been turning away guilds since ZDs joined us and Seigfried was clearly refer to the the whole end/post season 1 period as recent. The fact is we did turn away guilds just as we said . Whether you consider the evidence I provide count as recent is up to your own definition.

Blackgate Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

FEAR moved off to FA, but they’re near dead with only 10-15 players that joined. RET left, and they had some good players, but they were small as well. They also moved to FA.

SoX left to JQ because the guild leader got paid I believe. Most of their members stayed here, so they really don’t matter. XPK also moved to JQ, and they were decent.
Overall, 4 guilds moved off, but none of them really contributed that much. The people that did move off were small, maybe 50 overall. Most people stayed loyal.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Why the hell would you feel sorry for FA? We are having fun in t2, we aren’t BG. Besides the whole fights over ppt thing wasn’t from guilds transferring in, it’s pretty much always been like that, and guilds that transfer here are fully aware of that. It’s not like we completly ignore ppt, so quit acting like you know anything about FA.

Yet FA won’t be in T2 for much longer given now that even the Magummies are realizing that “we don’t PPT” is toxic to guilds looking to transfer. One week of PPT and they already went out and asked every OCX guild leader on SoS to transfer; so they must have got that memo.

FA is perfectly capable of PPT when the mood suits them, just as SoR will suddenly be new converts when they drop to T2.

There seems to be a lack of honesty, a simple “we can’t compete against servers that are stacked like masonry outhouses, so we are going to go enjoy EotM for the week” is more than acceptable.
The idea that you need to redefine the server to explain away a week of losing; is just silly.

in WvW

Mr Ko Killer.7206

Fanwong is a more prominent voice in the community and I use him as a representative, would you like me to provide you with more links of people making the false rumor?

Yeah, I figured. I’ll leave it at that.

That post was made on Nov 22nd, at the time when the season was coming to an end. BG has repeatedly said we have been turning away guilds since ZDs joined us

ZDs was the EU guild you needed so HB wouldn’t be alone against SoR EU.

and Seigfried was clearly refer to the the whole end/post season 1 period as recent. The fact is we did turn away guilds just as we said . Whether you consider the evidence I provide count as recent is up to your own definition.

I consider recent equaling to after league ended, not during it. November 22nd was also part of week vs JQ which was the 5th week. It wasn’t the end of it.

Since League BG has been Full, at least since Christmas break. You can blame it on PvErs or whatever, but don’t go around like saints saying you turn away guilds when your a Full server and can’t xfer anyone over to begin with.

in WvW

Posted by: Ace.9861

Ace.9861

FEAR moved off to FA, but they’re near dead with only 10-15 players that joined. RET left, and they had some good players, but they were small as well. They also moved to FA.

SoX left to JQ because the guild leader got paid I believe. Most of their members stayed here, so they really don’t matter. XPK also moved to JQ, and they were decent.
Overall, 4 guilds moved off, but none of them really contributed that much. The people that did move off were small, maybe 50 overall. Most people stayed loyal.

I ensure you that this guy is clueless on the inner workings of FEAR. We moved to FA and we field 20-25 daily raids and 30ish on reset. We gvg 3-4 times a week and raid 5-6 times a week. We are far from dead. We moved out 65 of our 70 man roster. Also as far as us not contributing much to SOR, ask anyone that isn’t kitten on the subject. FEAR did alot for SOR and left because of Teir 1 not SOR itself. We still consider ourselves rallians, and if SOR comes to Teir 2 or Teir 1 gets better we will be back. If you want more information about my guild please check out my website.

Leader of Feelings Aren’t Required
FEAR @ FA

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I ensure you that this guy is clueless on the inner workings of FEAR. We moved to FA and we field 20-25 daily raids and 30ish on reset. We gvg 3-4 times a week and raid 5-6 times a week. We are far from dead. We moved out 65 of our 70 man roster. Also as far as us not contributing much to SOR, ask anyone that isn’t kitten on the subject. FEAR did alot for SOR and left because of Teir 1 not SOR itself. We still consider ourselves rallians, and if SOR comes to Teir 2 or Teir 1 gets better we will be back. If you want more information about my guild please check out my website.

We miss Dgin. Who’s Ace?

in WvW

Posted by: Prophet.1038

Prophet.1038

Before you speak about a guild know your facts. Shdw is dead and now plays hello kitty online.

Prophet Saladin
Rank 80 sPvP
Champion Phantom

in WvW

Reslinal.2359

Here is another link https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Let-s-Balance-NA-T1-3/page/2 right on the front of page of someone making the same claim (by jojojoon). Two such claims (and probably more if you search harder) within a week shows such false rumor pops up rather frequently

and Seigfried was clearly refer to the the whole end/post season 1 period as recent. The fact is we did turn away guilds just as we said . Whether you consider the evidence I provide count as recent is up to your own definition.

I consider recent equaling to after league ended, not during it. November 22nd was also part of week vs JQ which was the 5th week. It wasn’t the end of it.

Since League BG has been Full, at least since Christmas break. You can blame it on PvErs or whatever, but don’t go around like saints saying you turn away guilds when your a Full server and can’t xfer anyone over to begin with.

Actually Nov 22nd was the end of the 5th week, BG has already beat JQ and won the league (not possible for JQ to got more points than BG by that time). So for BG it is pretty much the end of the season.

All BG said is that we have been turning away guilds since ZDs joined. Now the full status recently may prevent other guilds from trying to join, but I just showed you that BG did turn away a guild when we still could.

Blackgate Engineer

(edited by Reslinal.2359)

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Must make you guys loved on FA, knowing that you guys will be dust in the wind when the inevitable happens, while helping prop them up until then.

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

That post was made on Nov 22nd, at the time when the season was coming to an end. BG has repeatedly said we have been turning away guilds since ZDs joined us

ZDs was the EU guild you needed so HB wouldn’t be alone against SoR EU.

We don’t have to turn away guilds because we are FULL.

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Mr Ko Killer.7206

Here is another link https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Let-s-Balance-NA-T1-3/page/2 right on the front of page of someone making the same claim (by jojojoon). Two such claims (and probably more if you search harder) within a week shows such false rumor pops up rather frequently

You say it’s false but there’s nothing you have provided besides turning away one EU guild during season to suggest they are false. Much changes in 2 and a half months…we all know that.
Two claims now, we’re getting there slowly but surely to the “plenty of people” that form the backbone of your argument.

Actually Nov 22nd was the end of the 5th week, BG has already beat JQ and won the league (not possible for JQ to got more points than BG by that time). So for BG it is pretty much the end of the season.

I know, that wasn’t what I meant by the word “end”.

All BG said is that we have been turning away guilds since ZDs joined. Now the full status recently may prevent other guilds from trying to join, but I just showed you that BG did turn away a guild when we still could.

I’m still curious as to the other guild(s) though.

So far all of what you guys have amounted to is saying that you turn away guilds when you win, but when you don’t win it’s entirely justified to recruit more, which in that exact same forum post full of garbage, a couple BG were hanging nails on the fact JQ picked up SoX/XPK and a OCE guild while complaining about imbalance in the other tiers, one of them even complaining about how BG can’t compete anymore in OCE, let alone the other tiers, but you know, of those people from BG in that post that complained about our xfers, they never once suggested that some from BG should move on to.

My point, and it doesn’t necessarily refer to you or Seigfried, is that these “false rumors” get responded with more “false rumors”, that’s how this has worked since HoD days, and it’ll continue to work until this game is dead.

in WvW

Posted by: Ace.9861

Ace.9861

FA was more worried we would be bumping them up. For that reason FEAR has yet to spend one day on FA pushing PPT. So I would assume they are very fond of us for that reason.

Leader of Feelings Aren’t Required
FEAR @ FA

in WvW

Reslinal.2359

I’m still curious as to the other guild(s) though.

So far all of what you guys have amounted to is saying that you turn away guilds when you win, but when you don’t win it’s entirely justified to recruit more, which in that exact same forum post full of garbage, a couple BG were hanging nails on the fact JQ picked up SoX/XPK and a OCE guild while complaining about imbalance in the other tiers, one of them even complaining about how BG can’t compete anymore in OCE, let alone the other tiers, but you know, of those people from BG in that post that complained about our xfers, they never once suggested that some from BG should move on to.

My point, and it doesn’t necessarily refer to you or Seigfried, is that these “false rumors” get responded with more “false rumors”, that’s how this has worked since HoD days, and it’ll continue to work until this game is dead.

What other BGers on other thread said about JQ stacking is another matter. I personally welcome JQ to get more guilds to be more competitive with BG, competition makes T1 fun.

The point of my post is to refute some of the rumors spread by other players about how BG cannot stop recruiting even when we are winning, the fact is we did stop recruiting and actually turned guild(s) away when we could. I am not claiming we stopped recruiting for some really noble reason or anything. Like any self-interested server, we recruit when we feel we have a weakness against our competitors and stop recruiting when there is a chance for over-stacking and driving away competition. Above all, the game is only fun when there is a semi-competitive tier while the server is competitive itself.

Blackgate Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

Holy kuso Ace I didn’t even know u read these!? Haha

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

in WvW

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

Lot’s of servers to pick and fill :}

in WvW

Mr Ko Killer.7206

What other BGers on other thread said about JQ stacking is another matter. I personally welcome JQ to get more guilds to be more competitive with BG, competition makes T1 fun.

Quite frankly I believe both matters are one in the same, it’s just a difference of perspectives.

The point of my post is to refute some of the rumors spread by other players about how BG cannot stop recruiting even when we are winning, the fact is we did stop recruiting and actually turned guild(s) away when we could. I am not claiming we stopped recruiting for some really noble reason or anything. Like any self-interested server, we recruit when we feel we have a weakness against our competitors and stop recruiting when there is a chance for over-stacking and driving away competition. Above all, the game is only fun when there is a semi-competitive tier while the server is competitive itself.

I already stated my piece, I’d be just repeating myself if I commented any further.

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello,

I do not represent the community. I only give information that was given me. I do not troll the forums, I only troll my guild mates.

I have had a few BG folks PM me this morning (It’s Saturday morning for reset in Asia) and I would like to share my thoughts about the state of T1.

The PPT game mechanics that Anet has implemented will create monster servers. To ensure wins, leadership will recruit as much as possible to cover the 24/7 cycle and hit the transition time zones where it’s a dead time with little defenders.

HOD did this, SOS did this. JQ did this to counter SOS back in early 2012 and BG did this in league and after league. I’ll be honest, if I was in the same position with money to spend I would do the same. It’s the only logical end to the PPT meta to ensure a win.

However, in the long term the losing team will leave. This is not because they are weak, this is because WvW is a game. WvW is not war. People want to have fun in games, they want to have wins once in a while so they can fun. People need hope to win once in a while and if they don’t have hope then there is no point to the game because it’s not fun anymore. If they don’t have fun they will leave GW2 to find fun in other games.

What will be WvW be like in the end? I am not sure, primarily because of EOTM. This map will draw quite a bit of the the nonPPT folks (not excluding PPT ones) and will affect all servers. Wait 2-3 weeks if you want to shift your guilds, things will stabilize about then.

I know one thing for sure, there are folks getting bored because there is no enemy to fight in WvW. A lot of these fighters will leave GW2 if there are other RvR/WvW games coming out. If not they will leave for other servers to find more balanced fights.

The cycle will continue because the game mechanic is PPT, there will be other servers stacking to ensure wins.

Human beings do not learn from mistakes, we learn from what it takes to win the official meta.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)