Who will be the new top WvW guild?

in WvW

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Now that Sacrx have retired from this game and a lot of RG members have moved to different guilds, (If I’m right?) which guild do people think will be the next top WvW/GvG guild out there?

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Probably scnd.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Probably scnd.

Seconded (pun intented).

They’re very good and have stomped quite some guilds in latest month on the EU scene.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

Three main runners up, if were talking GvG here. GD, VII and Scnd, in order of importance, imho. Too close or soon to know for sure tho. Any of those three can take it. Plus dont count GH or VotF out.

Again, too soon to know.

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

GvG leader board isn’t completely accurate. Have to see which guild keeps beating the other ‘top’ guilds on a consistent basis.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

I’ve faced a few really good guilds recently such as GD, VII, Scnd, VoTF and GH but the one that stood out to me most was VII, they could do with a few more members though as whenever I see them they never have more than 20.

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

in WvW

Posted by: SilencingMachine.5049

SilencingMachine.5049

Top guild?!?!?! What are you measuring this by other than opinion?

-Naturale
Huntsmen(HM) elem
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

I think they are talking about top GvG guild who are competitive in Open field combat. I’m not saying these guilds who people are talking wouldn’t be also very good and competitive in all the aspects of WvW, but I assume we are still mostly talking about GvG action in here.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Look yourself: http://gw2gvg.com/

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Top WvW or GvG …they are two different beasts.

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Top WvW or GvG …they are two different beasts.

This^^
GvG is just a PvP deathmatch played out on the WvW map. It has nothing to do with WvW except the permitted use of a patch of real estate.

The contribution of particular guilds to the WvW server rank isn’t measured in any objective way at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

Three main runners up, if were talking GvG here. GD, VII and Scnd, in order of importance, imho. Too close or soon to know for sure tho. Any of those three can take it. Plus dont count GH or VotF out.

Again, too soon to know.

Think mya deserve a mention. TUP have been quite a bit stronger recently too (hard to say how much of an impact their recent higher numbers have had though).

The contribution of particular guilds to the WvW server rank isn’t measured in any objective way at the moment.

Server rank is based purely on coverage. So just take the average numbers they put out and what time they put them out.

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in WvW

Ogre.1750

Think mya deserve a mention. TUP have been quite a bit stronger recently too (hard to say how much of an impact their recent higher numbers have had though).

I see Mya at least as the strongest middle tier competitor, but in all fairness they need to down a baller crew to confirm their ranking. The other crews I mentioned, specially the first 3, have big names in their pockets and they are in shape as of today.

I know little of this TUP you speak of… better get to it.

Oh, and btw, VotF registered in GvG.com!!! Omg im hyped Real crews that have a serious aspiration for the crown WILL HAVE to travel to face the oponents they need to prosper in the ranks. Im looking at you Mya.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

aZm is top www guild. Well at least they have biggest kittens.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: suprNovae.5410

suprNovae.5410

Hard to say which will be the new top GvG/Open-Field-Guild because there weren’t enough GvGs to deliver good comparisons.

I just can say I would really like to fight against Mya, sIN, Scnd, VII, GH, VoTF.

I would like to see more GvGs from VoTF and GH to see if they are still as beastlike as a few months ago. But if a guild really wants to make a claim to the “crown” then they have to fight GH and VoTF first.

Mya is a surprise bag. Hope they will move to a higher tier to fight the guilds I’ve mentioned above.

Clint B E Eastwood – Guardian
Callous Philosophy [LaG]
† Good Old Days [GD]

in WvW

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

The Unlikely Plan, they were on piken up till a few months back. VII and GG (scnd at the time) were better probably but not by much and they’ve stepped it up a notch or two in recent weeks so could probably give either of them a decent match.

But then i haven’t fought VII or Scnd in a long time so maybe they’ve gotten a lot better too.

Having fought mya quite a bit they could give most / any guild a reasonable fight. 2nd place might not be the right spot for them but they wouldn’t be a million miles away from that area.

[Dius]

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Look yourself http://gw2gvg.com/

Lel

The NA list
This is so random, and yet a good idea.

Os Guild for #1

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

You’ll never find out.

Due to the higher tier teams never fighting the lower.

in WvW

Posted by: XxNoahxX.7813

XxNoahxX.7813

how could you rate it without a proper scoring system implemented. Guilds from different time zone different servers may never meet up…

in WvW

Ogre.1750

You’ll never find out.

Due to the higher tier teams never fighting the lower.

The old king was strong enough to travel on kitten demand, the new one must too… many candidates are already on that threshold.

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

Please follow in the footsteps of RG, VotF, and others by visiting the NA tiers on occasion with the GvG style. Those of us who received them on the battlefield welcomed your style as a learning experience. I felt like it was a good and fair exchange? Shouldn’t be too hard to find people who will help with transfer.

There has been large changes in the NA tiers since the RG/VotF NA bracket days obviously. New faces and some old. There are active competitive NA bracket guilds that will want [and need] the challenge from the EU guilds. Oh yes, and I wish for my NA bracket counterparts to receive EU GvG on the battlefield again. I hope others share that sentiment?

Bottom line: The new NA bracket people/groups/guilds should experience your style. You can share that in a variety of ways.

Opine away

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Eh, if an NA guild wants to get on the same level as the euro guilds, they should pay a visit to the euro servers.

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

I always considered VOTF to be stronger than even RG. I will put a write up when I get home why I think so.

in WvW

problematic.9623

I see Mya at least as the strongest middle tier competitor, but in all fairness they need to down a baller crew to confirm their ranking. The other crews I mentioned, specially the first 3, have big names in their pockets and they are in shape as of today.

Oh, and btw, VotF registered in GvG.com!!! Omg im hyped Real crews that have a serious aspiration for the crown WILL HAVE to travel to face the oponents they need to prosper in the ranks. Im looking at you Mya.

^ Travel is good for competition. Good for everyone.

Phun – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

RG vs TUP was the first arranged GvG in this game back when we fought vs. Piken. The good old days. Those GvG fights spearheaded what is GvG today. It started up in the snow at first, then we changed location to what is now known as the Windmill ha

I don’t know if your trolling or serious Ogro or too much Ganja ! ; p

(edited by Cyril.1486)

in WvW

Ogre.1750

I always considered VOTF to be stronger than even RG. I will put a write up when I get home why I think so.

EDIT-Braaah! thx for the heads up Salmon God, I’ll do some research on the tubes.

Not trolling remember I joined l8r you nab! I was still with KAZ when you guys started it all. We gotta do like a History special on the show or something, sounds like an interesting tale.

(edited by Ogre.1750)

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Walls, Veil, Explo, Dodge!!! Null-fields to the left, stack retaliation on me. Press 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1.

rinse

repeat

Awesome skills!!

;)

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in WvW

Ogre.1750

Walls, Veil, Explo, Dodge!!! Null-fields to the left, stack retaliation on me. Press 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1.

rinse

repeat

Awesome skills!!

;)

Checking JIMMIES status…. please wait.
JIMMIES—-status—-UNRUSTLED
***confirmed***
/Logoff

in WvW

Zumy.6318

rinse

repeat

Awesome skills!!

;)

Checking JIMMIES status…. please wait.
JIMMIES—-status—-UNRUSTLED
***confirmed***
/Logoff

I dont get it :-(.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

The 2nd zergiest.

in WvW

Posted by: Victim.3016

Victim.3016

VoTF are in part a community guild, we have members who wouldn’t stand a chance at getting into RG or other top PvP guilds, and most of them would freely admit it.
For me this is what makes VoTF so special, we work with that we’ve got ^.^
This is why I love you VoTF

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

GvG on WvW.. yeah its something yet nothing…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

Thought I recognised this topic from the Aurora Glade forum. Definitely VII without a doubt, they have such a small stable of players in comparison to other guilds who can hand pick classes for gvg. Man for Man VII are playing the best stuff that I’ve seen.

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Vohnnyan.4058

Vohnnyan.4058

Obviously Iron.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

This seems to be a fanboy page for EU guilds. The only EU guilds I’ve ever seen in numbers were VotF and RG.

I learned quite a bit from watching VotF when they were with us on SoS, but in retrospect I wish they had had the time to share and teach more (they had to stay up late to play with us as it was).

However, RG wins the “shock value” award for every time they’ve visited NA T1. They proved the value of having even a moderate sized group (15 or so) that kept great group discipline and played their roles straight. They blew everyone’s minds and probably influenced NA meta more than any single group has.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

This seems to be a fanboy page for EU guilds.

Name a NA guild who could be on par in the run then….if there is.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Eh, if an NA guild wants to get on the same level as the euro guilds, they should pay a visit to the euro servers.

Pretty much this.

Chris, YouTube guilds like Vii (Seventh Legion) and GH (Golden Horde), both on Piken.

Edited to add: Andrew, I think AGG could offer some nice competition, but I think they’d benefit a great deal if they went to a GvG-focused EU server for a month or two, just to see the other side of the fence and maybe pick up some new tricks. They’re pretty tough as is, but I think it’d be win-win for them.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

This seems to be a fanboy page for EU guilds. The only EU guilds I’ve ever seen in numbers were VotF and RG.

I learned quite a bit from watching VotF when they were with us on SoS, but in retrospect I wish they had had the time to share and teach more (they had to stay up late to play with us as it was).

However, RG wins the “shock value” award for every time they’ve visited NA T1. They proved the value of having even a moderate sized group (15 or so) that kept great group discipline and played their roles straight. They blew everyone’s minds and probably influenced NA meta more than any single group has.

RG influenced the NA meta? rofl. RG was def better at gvg then NA guilds. Open field I didn’t find anything amazing about them.

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

This must be a EU thread I’ve now heard of any of the guilds listed and spent most of my time in the game upper tier wvw.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

problematic.9623

RG influenced the NA meta? rofl. RG was def better at gvg then NA guilds. Open field I didn’t find anything amazing about them.

I don’t have a problem with what “Chris,” said. He was suggesting RG influenced NA gameplay. They did. Everyone in tier 1 stopped and adjusted…or died a lot. I guess you have a problem with use of the word “meta” meaning overall map strategy? Ya, we didn’t see anything new there, but [RG] field combat expertise was the “new” thing. NA Guilds adjusted/adapted to it at different rates and some never changed.

Phun – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Pretty much this.

Chris, YouTube guilds like Vii (Seventh Legion) and GH (Golden Horde), both on Piken.

Edited to add: Andrew, I think AGG could offer some nice competition, but I think they’d benefit a great deal if they went to a GvG-focused EU server for a month or two, just to see the other side of the fence and maybe pick up some new tricks. They’re pretty tough as is, but I think it’d be win-win for them.

Jayne how much has Eu payed to you to recruit for them?

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Zumy.6318

What makes you think we are recruiting?

NA players blob even more than we do and the casuals are protagonists to terrabytes of 1vs30 videos.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

The Unlikely Plan, they were on piken up till a few months back. VII and GG (scnd at the time) were better probably but not by much and they’ve stepped it up a notch or two in recent weeks so could probably give either of them a decent match.

GG are still here and alive on Piken. Scnd were the raid rejects from GG(they just weren’t hardcore enough for us) they moved to a server that could carry them easier(<3 you guys).

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Pretty much this.

Jayne how much has Eu payed to you to recruit for them?

Haha, nothing. I’m just really enjoying it here and knowing a lot of NA guilds pretty well, I can reasonably guess who would thrive and learn and grow here. AGG is just one example, there are others, too. I know my personal skill level has improved 1,000-fold. Doesn’t mean forever, but I think there are certain benefits to, say, a summer European vacation. And traditionally the guilds that have excelled at GvG have played both sides of the pond.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

That thread title need some work. I read top WvW guild then this post is filled with GvG nonsense.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in WvW

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

Pretty much this.

The problem we face is that we are primarily PST based. Meaning that in EU we could only really night cap PvD— and due to work hours we’ve realized we could not even muster a roster if we did try and play during the day.

If it was a matter of just staying up later I would definitely be down for it. Curse you physics of time and space!!

NA’s problem is that even guilds who really could be contenders if they wanted are too reliant on their egos to try. This ultimately leads to their downfall and their are many guilds that are just shells of what they once were.

So any time an EU powerhouse makes a trip to NA it is totally worth it to watch the NA guild egos shrivel up and cry.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Pretty much this.

The problem we face is that we are primarily PST based. Meaning that in EU we could only really night cap PvD— and due to work hours we’ve realized we could not even muster a roster if we did try and play during the day.

If it was a matter of just staying up later I would definitely be down for it. Curse you physics of time and space!!

NA’s problem is that even guilds who really could be contenders if they wanted are too reliant on their egos to try. This ultimately leads to their downfall and their are many guilds that are just shells of what they once were.

So any time an EU powerhouse makes a trip to NA it is totally worth it to watch the NA guild egos shrivel up and cry.

Here’s an example of an EU zerg at about 7pm PST. There’s a big myth that it’s all pv-door, and certainly if you go to some servers that already have an NA presence, you’ll get that and be bored to tears. But if you pick a server that is within the top 10, and facing say 1-4 seed servers, you’ll have plenty to fight. Just do your research, watch the MOS at all hours, even outside of EU prime, and see who are the contenders.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

More importantly…

Who will be WvW’s next top model?!

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

This must be a EU thread I’ve now heard of any of the guilds listed and spent most of my time in the game upper tier wvw.

Upper tier WvW is.
Cough
Cough
Cough
Cough
Cough
Cough
Bad.

Least it is in NA.

Well. By saying that I mean the refinement is less, every server has their share of bads. And a lot of the tier 1 servers are mainly filled with bandwagon noobs.
ERMAHGERD BLACKGATE #1
The 1 stands for the minutes of their skill lag.

EU>NA in refinement
EU<NA in time coverage

..For anyone who asked even though no one did..

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I don’t have a problem with what “Chris,” said. He was suggesting RG influenced NA gameplay. They did. Everyone in tier 1 stopped and adjusted…or died a lot. I guess you have a problem with use of the word “meta” meaning overall map strategy? Ya, we didn’t see anything new there, but [RG] field combat expertise was the “new” thing. NA Guilds adjusted/adapted to it at different rates and some never changed.

Quotes around my name? If you know who I am you know I’m less of an kitten in game than I am here, but probably everyone is.

When I say meta, I mean open field combat. There really isn’t much meta to movements and siege placement.

I apparently upset dwahvel, but I can only speak to what happened when they were in NA T1, I don’t know how they role the rest of the time.

Their first appearance changed the way people did open field in NA as open field is typically not as common in NA. So yeah, they showed everyone a lot of things.