Why PvE get love, we can't get simple stuff?

in WvW

Posted by: Jizmak.1489

Jizmak.1489

In all seriousness,

I look around at all the living story content and think wow… that was alot of work, and gee, that took alot of time, look at all the of this…..

Now… Why cannot we get a simple thing like colored commander tags? I would go the extra mile and say guild only tags, but with the amount of love WvW gets, I’ll settle for simple at this point.

Charge me for for it… I’ll pay 100g more to pick my color, or better yet… I’ll pay you $9.99 to do it!!! What a novel idea. Hell for guild only tags i’ll pay $19.99

I dont’ think that WvW’s ask for much…. pretty simple run down to start…

Top 10 to pacify me…

1. Colored Tags
2. Guild only Tags
3. Fix the getting stuck on siege while building bug
4. Let us make multiple superior seige at one time.
5. Fix porting to garry from other maps, ports you to citadel instead, when this start?
6. Fix your lag…. it was fixed, now its worse than ever, just revert it to 2 weeks ago
7. Fix perma stuck for no reason… (not imobilized, just stuck, for no reason)
8. Fix can’t take 15 from camp even though claimed bug

I know that lots want content, and yea it would be nice. You think we can just start with small stuff and bug fixes???? I’ll settle… I’ll meet you more than half way.

Battle Commander – [JINX]

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Its a mystery, part of it is PvE make them money but that could be fixed by adding more WvW oriented items to the cash shop. I don’t know if its stubborn Dev’s who think they know best and thus the players should just like what they want, or if the higher ups have tied their hands. It does seem the the WvW Dev team is not as passionate about WvW as they should be, they should be fighting tooth and nail to make WvW the best it can be.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Agree with OP.

Siege glitch, and random immobilization are the largest issues imho.

in WvW

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Things like these require some deep discussions unlike pve content.
If the colored tags make a real mess, they can’t just remove them. As players spent gold/money on them.

By the way, WvW is exciting because its more competative. So players will play it wether it’s getting updates or not. PvE on the other hand, really needs new content to keep players satisfied.

EDIT: I never play pve, and really like updates for wvw.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

In all seriousness,

I look around at all the living story content and think wow… that was alot of work, and gee, that took alot of time, look at all the of this…..

Now… Why cannot we get a simple thing like colored commander tags? I would go the extra mile and say guild only tags, but with the amount of love WvW gets, I’ll settle for simple at this point.

Charge me for for it… I’ll pay 100g more to pick my color, or better yet… I’ll pay you $9.99 to do it!!! What a novel idea. Hell for guild only tags i’ll pay $19.99

I dont’ think that WvW’s ask for much…. pretty simple run down to start…

Top 10 to pacify me…

1. Colored Tags
2. Guild only Tags
5. Fix porting to garry from other maps, ports you to citadel instead, when this start?
6. Fix your lag…. it was fixed, now its worse than ever, just revert it to 2 weeks ago

I know that lots want content, and yea it would be nice. You think we can just start with small stuff and bug fixes???? I’ll settle… I’ll meet you more than half way.

Fixing is an unkown word in Anets WvW dev team dictionary, should know that by now. It’s really pathetic of a Game Developer to “create” a game mode like this and let it bleed to death and not doing anything. If i ever get bored with this game and quit, ill ensure you i never ever going to play a game of Anet again simply cause of lack of bug fixing / attention at all to a game mode that has so much potential and nothing happens.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: cathistar.5482

cathistar.5482

I agree that Anet needs to fix the bugs. But why keep our requests so small. Think big! Anet should be developing new wvw maps that rotate at at reset. We need to get some variety in wvw. If Anet doesn’t make big changes to wvw, eventually players are going to get bored.

Catleana
IOJ [WolF]

in WvW

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

Things like these require some deep discussions unlike pve content.
If the colored tags make a real mess, they can’t just remove them. As players spent gold/money on them.

Town clothes made a real mess and look what Anet did. Don’t tell them what they can’t remove!

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Honestly I do feel we have got a lot of updates to WvW, now not all updates maybe what you want but they are updates regardless, let’s see we got:

1. culling fixed
2. WvW exp/ranks/skill lines being added
3. Whole bloodlust area changed to borderland
4. edge of the mists map
5. whole new queueing system revamp
6. season 1 and coming season 2
7. misc stuff like party system change etc

It is a lot of changes and I would say more than what you would get in a lot of other mmos for pvp (edge of the mists alone is more map updates than most mmos). The reason people do not seem to be satisfied with the amount of changes is because they pale compared to the amount of updates pve received.

However you have to understand GW2 is not a mmo focused on WvW alone, PvE has the most players, generate the most revenues, and also requires more frequent updates to keep players interested than pvp game mode. So it is natural for PvE to get more updates compared to WvW.

Blackgate Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Completely agree with the first couple points you made.

How they cannot have an in-game system for guild/private squads is ridiculous. People just don’t use the commander pin because it’s not worth the hassle. An attempt to use the commander and squad pin to help a couple guild groups organize suddenly attracts an extra 30 people.

Fixing the C&S system so it’s flexible for all player needs should be the #1 WvW priority IMO.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Neuroticgrim.8769

Neuroticgrim.8769

I entirely agree with the OP, this is “GUILD WARS 2” not happy go lucky farm time….. I completely understand that PVE content grabs the attention of players…. but it is just a fad… the “new” thing each few weeks (whcih most pve players either complain about or get bored with……)…. BUT, If you put enough work into WVW, even just fixing the most basic of bugs… then WVW would be what we call a bottom line or the main line of your game that would KEEP people playing it.

I vote that the following issues be top priority in the next few patches:

1. Colored Tags
2. Guild only Tags

That, or you change the name of the game from Guild WARS, to happy go lucky farm time.

[JINX] – [BG → FA] – (Veteran Commander) – Neuroticanecro

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Have to agree, changing the color isn’t going to do anything. You can’t follow me because my tag is orange and that means its for my guild only ….

Ya that will work wonders and not cause any inter /map chat wars.

in WvW

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

Well if you’re looking for more rewards there are the Scarlet contents that was added to WvWvW but folks just run right by them. You may see one person fighting the marionette and it’s minions as a zerg runs by and pay no mind to what’s going on. Because it’s not PVP and maybe that’s the problem… the refusal to do anything else except PK.
I know, I know there’s a few that actually go out and and roam and engage in PVP, but for the most part it’s all ganking and pking and running around looking for easy pickings. High tailing it out of the AO when you come across an equal amount of defenders.

(edited by Widebody.5071)

in WvW

Posted by: Tjillin.3064

Tjillin.3064

Have to agree, changing the color isn’t going to do anything. You can’t follow me because my tag is orange and that means its for my guild only ….

Ya that will work wonders and not cause any inter /map chat wars.

I think what he meant was this:
- guild tags: only the guild can see it (whatever colour)
- coloured tags: anyone can see but you can make plural groups this way. Like a ranged and a melee group, or a commander that takes the left of the map and a commander that takes the right of the map. Often it happens one group comes over to help the other out and people get confused on who to follow. If you are listening to one commander on ts, and the group does a whole other thing because somewhere you accidentily switched… that doesn’t help at all. You can join a squad but it’s very helpful to see what the other group is doing by quickly checking the other commander tag on the map.

I understand why people and developpers are against addons, but a coloured commander tag would be the perfect addon to make.

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Sorry guys but you’re completely misunderstanding the whole point of the game.

The idea is to make money.

Given the B2P model, Anet have to keep finding new punters, not hang on to the old ones. That means they have to keep pumping out new, simple content for the new players – and that means Living Story. (with maybe a new easy-mode WvW map so they can claim innovation there.)

Money spent on fixing bugs or reworking the UI or social interaction stuff is basically money wasted. Especially anything to do with the minority interest PvP mode.

I foresee Pandas not too far down the line.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I don’t know why it’s not being fixed – but I think we can all hazard a guess

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

1. culling fixed
2. WvW exp/ranks/skill lines being added
3. Whole bloodlust area changed to borderland
4. edge of the mists map
5. whole new queueing system revamp
6. season 1 and coming season 2
7. misc stuff like party system change etc

1. it was year ago and only because it was really bad system for wvw adn even pve
2. Masteries made power spike worse, most of them are offensice like +dmg on…
And dont forget that players asked for AC bound WXP while it was only announced
3. Most wvw players wanted map change but not adding tPvP elements, whole bloodlust is pointless
4. Players wanted to somehow deal with queue, even your #5 would solve it, but again, after 1 year or complaining and only because Season 1 attracted a lot of PvErs
5. This sould have been implemented from start, not 1,5 year after
6. Really think this is improvement? Something like this gives a reason to WvW. Should be implemented from day 1.
7. You mean those bug fixes that should not been in game from day 1.
8. traps – nice feature but only 2 traps? isnt it just a waste of idea?

So basicly yes they added a lot of stuff, some of it was just reparing of bugs, some of them was repairing of whole WvW (culling) and some were good ideas, but bad execution.
In the end if you play WvW from day 1 you feel like being forgoten.
While WvW had so few new things, PvE got a lot more.
Or you think one mastery line(copy&paste) is equal to one LS update?
And second thing is: PvE stuff vs WvW stuff.
When were Ascended amulet introduced? When was WvW amulet introduced? Ascended rings were introduced in November 2012 to gain throught Fotm. From WvW in May 2013.

in WvW

Neuroticgrim.8769

These are the two top fixes for me…. enough that i would consider them game breaking bugs….. ANET these are at CRAZY levels… please address…..

- your loyal customer – Neuro

in WvW

Posted by: BlackRain.9537

BlackRain.9537

1- I don’t use EOTM, to me its boring and there’s no point being in there to begin with. Besides the point its really just too big and has alot of PVE oriented stuff in it.

2- Some of you are right they did do stuff for WvW but the major issues that affect our gameplay have not been fixed.

3- I would pay anything to nerf supply drainage… its just really bullkitten tbh. Treb hits you your supply drops from 15 to 0 in no time.

4- Would love to see different buildings too.. its always the same, same tactics… the best are learned the worst are dropped. Give us varieties in the maps.

5- Make a GvG Tournament? Would be nice to see the reaction of WvW guilds…

Brodd Junior

in WvW

Neuroticgrim.8769

Hello,

Can we get a dev response on expected time to fix some of the crazy… bugs?

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

ANet reminds me of some troubled artist with a perfectionist vision of his unfinished magnum opus.
They don’t seem to want to change the commander system in any way until it’s literally perfect (assuming they are even working on it).
At least that’s what I gathered from the Commander CDI of what, 7 months ago? That they would rather do a grand overhaul than a simple small step. Why they can’t just introduce coloured tags in the meantime will forever be a mystery. I think a half year+ is reasonable for temporary measures.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

Don’t be greedy. You recently got a new PvE karma train map named EotM.