Why so Angry ?

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

To all the commanders in Eternal Battlegrounds , why do you guys get so angry when people are trying to kill the champion grub or oak tree ? Just today , I saw a commander putting people down just for trying to kill the grub . Commanders needs to ease up in the game .

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Resonance.4216

Resonance.4216

Because it pops orange swords and wastes time.

Elementalist of Oceanix [OCX]
http://www.oceanix.com.au

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I understand why they get frustrated when people start fighting the grub instead of the real enemy. Especially when invaders are putting the pressure on and find yourself on the defensive. There is a time to fool around with the Champs, just not while you are outnumbered and losing ground, or trying to take SM. I don’t agree with a Commander putting down people because they are wasting time on a PvE Champ. It is not a good way to earn the respect of your troops, there are ways to let people know that it is not the time to PvE Champs without putting them down.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

In general it’s pretty common for EB to have a queue to even get into, having a sizable group of players fighting an NPC is an equally sizable group of players who can’t get in who would actually be help

The whole idea of having PvE daily chests, JP’s and exploration objectives inside WvW is in my opinion a terrible idea as it encourages non-combatant “tourists” who take up valuable player slots but do not actually help

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Resonance.4216

Resonance.4216

In general it’s pretty common for EB to have a queue to even get into, having a sizable group of players fighting an NPC is an equally sizable group of players who can’t get in who would actually be help

The whole idea of having PvE daily chests, JP’s and exploration objectives inside WvW is in my opinion a terrible idea as it encourages non-combatant “tourists” who take up valuable player slots but do not actually help

Duh, it’s alliance battles all over again.

Elementalist of Oceanix [OCX]
http://www.oceanix.com.au

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yea really. It alienates the dedicated wvwers and annoys the pvers that have to go into wvw for map completion.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I understand why they get frustrated when people start fighting the grub instead of the real enemy. Especially when invaders are putting the pressure on and find yourself on the defensive. There is a time to fool around with the Champs, just not while you are outnumbered and losing ground, or trying to take SM. I don’t agree with a Commander putting down people because they are wasting time on a PvE Champ. It is not a good way to earn the respect of your troops, there are ways to let people know that it is not the time to PvE Champs without putting them down.

That’s the real problem with commander status really, no one earns that the honest way they get it thru money.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Cercie.1025

Cercie.1025

“That’s the real problem with commander status really, no one earns that the honest way they get it thru money.”

That’s true, they should have made commander something you earned. But anyone with money to throw away can get it. Most of them hang out in LA and never set food into the battlegrounds. It’s just a big blue “Hey look at me, I’m important” icon. The reality is that a majority of people who are actually good at pvp tend to get a big ego and start disrespecting everyone else. Then they are surprised when nobody listens to them. Being good at pvp doesn’t make one a good leader. Being a good leader makes one a good leader. Remember Team Legacy in Beta and early launch.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

It’s your game and your time, tell the commanders to go take a flying leap. WvW is steaming pile anyway.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

Have you ever been a commander? If yes, then you know it takes effort to keep your army focused and organized. When they wander off and break ranks for a grub, it can be frustrating.

This is completely dependent on the situation of course, and there are plenty of times when its no big dead to have anyone and everyone take out the grub.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

“That’s the real problem with commander status really, no one earns that the honest way they get it thru money.”

That’s true, they should have made commander something you earned. But anyone with money to throw away can get it. Most of them hang out in LA and never set food into the battlegrounds. It’s just a big blue “Hey look at me, I’m important” icon. The reality is that a majority of people who are actually good at pvp tend to get a big ego and start disrespecting everyone else. Then they are surprised when nobody listens to them. Being good at pvp doesn’t make one a good leader. Being a good leader makes one a good leader. Remember Team Legacy in Beta and early launch.

Plenty of people, including myself, have purchased a commander’kitten. Not very many people, again myself included, have put in the time as a commander to earn the notoriety, skill and respect that a tenured commander has on a server. Pugs, for the most part, know who is who and guilds certainly do.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

its my choise what ever i like ill do in eb i dont care what comanders seys its not like they are paying me

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Cercie.1025

Cercie.1025

Plenty of people, including myself, have purchased a commander’kitten. Not very many people, again myself included, have put in the time as a commander to earn the notoriety, skill and respect that a tenured commander has on a server. Pugs, for the most part, know who is who and guilds certainly do.

This is true in that regard. Even a starting commander can get a following if people like them. I’ve seen a few not so good ones do well simply because they were amusing. But yelling at someone else as a commander will not earn their respect. People will follow those who they like or at least respect.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: snowaugar.1823

snowaugar.1823

Pve’rs >.> why you In my wvw discussion go back to your living story discussion and whatever else you normally talk about

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

If the Grub rewarded like, 500 or 1000 points to the server that killed it, there might not be such issues.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

But kiting grub into stonemist is fun.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: huwpewpew.6075

huwpewpew.6075

I do find it pretty ridiculous that commanders always expect to run PUG groups like their WvW guild.

Talk to people like crap, rage about things that were obviously going to happen (10 people chase after 1 enemy)

You’d think after it happened 20 times, it’s easier to let them have 10 seconds to down that thief they managed to un-stealth rather than rant about it constantly.

Also the amount of times a commander demands people stack on them and then run their 10 man pug in to the 50 man enemy zerg without any tactic bar “push” then whine and rage after the inevitable wipe and complain that no one listens lol.

also as an amusing aside – I love how there’s always a commander’s “sidekick” It always seems to be the same person. You can spot them from the following phrases;

“Stack on commander plz guys”
“Listen to commander!!!!!!”
and in the middle of running with 20+ people running behind them will randomly say in /s FOLLOW PLEASE like the large train of players was there by chance.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

I do find it pretty ridiculous that commanders always expect to run PUG groups like their WvW guild.

Talk to people like crap, rage about things that were obviously going to happen (10 people chase after 1 enemy)

You’d think after it happened 20 times, it’s easier to let them have 10 seconds to down that thief they managed to un-stealth rather than rant about it constantly.

Also the amount of times a commander demands people stack on them and then run their 10 man pug in to the 50 man enemy zerg without any tactic bar “push” then whine and rage after the inevitable wipe and complain that no one listens lol.

also as an amusing aside – I love how there’s always a commander’s “sidekick” It always seems to be the same person. You can spot them from the following phrases;

and in the middle of running with 20+ people running behind them will randomly say in /s FOLLOW PLEASE like the large train of players was there by chance.

Idk if i should feel bad for the commander having such an incompetant group or feel bad for you being victimized by a commander.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

To all the commanders in Eternal Battlegrounds , why do you guys get so angry when people are trying to kill the champion grub or oak tree ? Just today , I saw a commander putting people down just for trying to kill the grub . Commanders needs to ease up in the game .

Why are you asking a question to a forum about an issue between people on your server that you can/could directly ask?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

Why are you asking a question to a forum about an issue between people on your server that you can/could directly ask?

This issue goes for all servers not just mine since some of my guildies come from other servers .

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Noroz.9527

Noroz.9527

Because killing the grub is absolutely kittened… Anet should remove it asap.

Example of what has happened before.

I’m tagged as the only Commander on EB.
We are not that many, maybe 20-30.
They group on my tag, and we run out of the keep (blue).
Swords on umber, we rush to save it.
When we engage the group of 20 enemies, we have 10-15 remaining, rest are killing grub.

Yeah, that’s when I rage.

Commander Noroz Vi Britannia
Northern Shiverpeaks
[AS] Artificial Strife

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

huwpewpew.6075

Idk if i should feel bad for the commander having such an incompetant group or feel bad for you being victimized by a commander.

I suppose it’s not really a question of incompetence or victimisation, rather having unreal expectations when dealing with random players.

You can pretty much rely on people always taking the route which has higher rewards for little effort be it zerging, capping the sentry post while the zerg moves on or chasing down a lone player.

A lot of the randoms don’t share the commanders priority for tactics or strategy, they just want some fun and maybe some loot. Most of the hardcore players will be in WvW focused guilds or guild groups.

The expectation that all the casual randoms are going to share your zeal for charging huge enemy numbers just because the commander is swearing at them constantly is un-realistic.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

bladie.5084

I suppose it’s not really a question of incompetence or victimisation, rather having unreal expectations when dealing with random players.

You can pretty much rely on people always taking the route which has higher rewards for little effort be it zerging, capping the sentry post while the zerg moves on or chasing down a lone player.

A lot of the randoms don’t share the commanders priority for tactics or strategy, they just want some fun and maybe some loot. Most of the hardcore players will be in WvW focused guilds or guild groups.

The expectation that all the casual randoms are going to share your zeal for charging huge enemy numbers just because the commander is swearing at them constantly is un-realistic.

You have the right ideas of how a respectable commander is, yet you generalize commanders. Have you honestly tried to compromise with a commander to help each other get what everyone wants? The problem is that no one seems to respect anyone.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

huwpewpew.6075

You have the right ideas of how a respectable commander is, yet you generalize commanders. Have you honestly tried to compromise with a commander to help each other get what everyone wants? The problem is that no one seems to respect anyone.

You are right, I am generalising, which I shouldn’t do. Although it is a significant enough amount that they tend to stick in your mind with a fair level of frequency.

There are some commanders that are an absolute joy to play with, and they can get the best out of the players and have everyone dancing to their tune and fun is had by all.

But you’ve hit the nail right on the head as i’ve underlined above. As is most often true in any type of PvP or the internet in general for that matter.

My point is though that if you’re going to make yourself the center of play for a decent amount of unknown players then you ought to cater for that fact when you try to get results out of them.

There’s this expectation that everyone there has hundreds of hours of WvW experience behind them and or understands the huge amount of abbreviations or slang words that players often make.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

This is why no one who is any good as a commander EVER tags up unless they are running with their guild.

Being the commander of pugs with no guild support is like herding cattle by yourself with no help, you just try to generally guide them in the right direction and hope you hit something….if you come across an organized group…your f’d…if you pass a PvE event or some sentry with a circle…expect to stop…it’s waste of time to truly accomplish task’s and objectives…so IMO i’ll only turn my tag on when i’m running my guild.

Whenever I seee “where are our commanders?”, “why is no one commanding?”, I know for a fact there are several commanders on…but none of them are going to lead the clueless pugs around.

In the end no matter how much you try to “Train” your “pugs” the one’s that become interested in improving join an organized guild..or maybe form their own guild for wvw…the rest….are the pugs/militia and they either a.) don’t get a crap about WvW and just want exp/wxp or b.) they just want map completion

The commanders that are raging at the pugs shouldn’t even have tagged up to begin with :-P

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

They rage because being wiped by the enemy while half of the nose-pickers stopped underway to kill Grub is what every commander wet dream.

How can you even ask such questions?

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

bladie.5084

Although it is a significant enough amount that they tend to stick in your mind with a fair level of frequency.

My mind? What is on my mind?

My point is though that if you’re going to make yourself the center of play for a decent amount of unknown players then you ought to cater for that fact when you try to get results out of them.

But you don’t understand that a commander needs the co-operation with the Pugs to get them to understand what needs to be done and how to get from Point A to Point B. When all is done, getting familiarize, debrief and critique to increase gameplay and knowledge and gain a level of respect. In the end, everyone is a person behind that character. No one needs to “cater” to anyone. A commander doesn’t need to cater to the PUGs, vice versa. It’s all about co-operation. Selfish thinking leads to clouded judgment.

-Just because I put on a commander tag doesn’t mean i HAVE to cater to your needs.
-Just because I put on a commander tag doesn’t mean i HAVE the authority to order you around.

A commander doesn’t have to be the center of play. In fact, you can use the commander to rally everyone, zerg and get the best out of everything for your server. It’s how you look at a commander.

There’s this expectation that everyone there has hundreds of hours of WvW experience behind them and or understands the huge amount of abbreviations or slang words that players often make.

Not true. Not true at all. If you don’t understand the abbreviations or slang words, just ask in Map chat.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

The commander tag is simply a way to organize players who WANT to be led, or can be INFLUENCED to be led. They don’t “command” anything. I report commanders who get abusive and so should everybody else.

Some people, either through training or natural ability, know how to influence people to follow their lead. Those without that ability do the things you’re describing.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

And yet nearly every week there’s a new thread here complaining that commanders aren’t “skilled” enough, that they don’t use “strategy”, and that buying a tag with gold doesn’t mean they’re good enough to command.

If you want decent commanders to tag up and use “tactics”, instead of being stuck with the latest PvE-hero who reckons a blue-tag makes him cool, you gotta support them and follow them, just as the commander needs to look after his followers. Its a two way thing. And that is why you shouldn’t run off to fight the grub.

On my server, its very difficult to get any commanders to tag up for most of the day, and alot of the veteran commanders who used to kick serious kitten have given up on commanding, even though most are still perfectly active in WvW. This is because, by this stage in the game’s life, all the decent dedicated players have already joined guilds and the only guys left on the server who need a commander tag to follow are casuals who don’t want to do anything challenging or coordinated. They just wanna fire their bow at anything in range.
Which means that, while maybe 6 months ago you could get some pretty coordinated pug groups rolling and achieve some awesome things by turning your commander tag on, now it’s completely pointless to try and do anything more than “everyone to here!” and watch in despair as they scatter at the first sight of, well, just about anything.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

Kinda all the more reason why I personally feel we don’t need extra creatures roaming around in WvW. Not only is it a massive distraction it’s also a right pain in the butt for free form attack and hitting your desired target with stealth etc to deal with. I hate to think how many times I lost a fight when suddenly a stray bullet hits a skelk or some beast and they all come in, distracting you on your game and your opposition. Really we don’t need them and if they do, set them on a same behaviour pattern as NPCs in cities. That way you can have your roaming wildlife without the interruptions.

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

I don’t understand it either. Usually you can get a better fight out of the grub than random eb blobs.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The mistake those commanders made was going to EB where there are a bunch of pugs who don’t follow orders. /joke

To be honest, I think it’s because those troops could be used elsewhere almost immediately, so it’s somewhat making your server lose ground.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

Why would you kill a Champion Grub or Oak Tree in a PvP area or WvW? There’s a big PvE map where you can kill these Champions.

I have no idea what was Anet thinking when they added these Champions in each borderland seriously. They should remove all PvE stuff from WvW so people can focus on killing players.

Ded gaem

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

WvWvW is PvP AND PvE – I play a lot of WvW and often get bored with the ’Follow a commander to chase the zerg, capture a tower, then leave the tower to follow zerg again- enemy re-takes tower, so follow commander to re-take tower etc … ’

Fighting the Champs in WvW gives a break from the tedium of fuelling the egos of arrogant commanders.

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

I take the guild to grub to finish events in EB…. normally the ensuing Grub Vs Us Vs Enemy Server 1 Vs Enemy Server 2 that occurs is hilarious and epic.

Oh and the loot run for the chest when the grub is dead…. most gruesome 100m sprint you’ll ever see :P

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

(edited by KinkyWarrior.1879)

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Noroz.9527

WvWvW is PvP AND PvE – I play a lot of WvW and often get bored with the ’Follow a commander to chase the zerg, capture a tower, then leave the tower to follow zerg again- enemy re-takes tower, so follow commander to re-take tower etc … ’

Fighting the Champs in WvW gives a break from the tedium of fuelling the egos of arrogant commanders.

But there are champs outside of wvw as well. Why pull attention away from what you are supposed to do in WvW?

Also, a commander commanding pugs spent 100g of their cash to help the server, and then they are called arrogant? I don’t know what people you have dealt with, but the arrogance may not be the Commander’s.

Northern Shiverpeaks
[AS] Artificial Strife

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: jdmThor.3806

jdmThor.3806

That’s the real problem with commander status really, no one earns that the honest way they get it thru money.

this, pretty much.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

snowaugar.1823

These pvers in my wvw thread go away … casuals … go back to your living story and cof farm

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Budchgon.2108

“But there are champs outside of wvw as well. Why pull attention away from what you are supposed to do in WvW?”

Because Champs in WvW provide some PvE (I like both Pvp and Pve)
And most commanders on my server don’t have a clue how to command – just bark out orders like we are expected to follow without question!

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Because if you’re a half decent commander on a half decent server, when you’re in wvw you want to pvp (kill ppl), not pve (kill a trillion hp AI).

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

Haha so true.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Noroz.9527

“But there are champs outside of wvw as well. Why pull attention away from what you are supposed to do in WvW?”

And most commanders on my server don’t have a clue how to command – just bark out orders like we are expected to follow without question!

Yeah, I know they provide PvE. But why are you doing PvE in WvW? It’s pulls attention away from what you are supposed to do. If you want to PvE, you should not be in WvW.

Northern Shiverpeaks
[AS] Artificial Strife

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Budchgon.2108

“These pvers in my wvw thread go away … casuals … go back to your living story and cof farm”

Definition of a ‘Bad’ WvW Commander hehe

“Yeah, I know they provide PvE. But why are you doing PvE in WvW? It’s pulls attention away from what you are supposed to do. If you want to PvE, you should not be in WvW”

If you are so focused on ‘only pvp’ Why are you in WvW? Why not play Spvp? And rather arrogant to state that I don’t ‘do’ what I am ‘supposed’ to do! – If you were not supposed to fight the Champs in WvW, why are they there? Maybe you are ‘supposed’ to fight them?

(edited by Budchgon.2108)

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

snowaugar.1823

You want to kill a champ in wvw???? Be productive and take a keep keep lords are champs

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

bladie.5084

I believe you guys when you guys say that the commander is a bad leader.

But that doesn’t excuse the fact that you guys are selfish players. I just keep reading Complain this complain that. It’s amusing how some of you guys don’t even know how pathetic you sound.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Oh what a surprise, someone from Gandara who’s too self-important to follow a commander.

Shockingly, there isn’t always time to have a committee discussion about whether we all feel that stacking up is what we really want to do and having a vote on it. Seriously, “bark out orders”? What exactly else are you hoping they do? Hold a kittening seminar?

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Simple answer, did the commander tell you to attack the grub?!

If no, and you like to do your own thing, dont follow any commander.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

snowaugar.1823

I believe you guys when you guys say that the commander is a bad leader.

But that doesn’t excuse the fact that you guys are selfish players. I just keep reading Complain this complain that. It’s amusing how some of you guys don’t even know how pathetic you sound.

Its ok they are only pugs their opinion doesn’t matter

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Budchgon.2108

Oh what a surprise, someone from Gandara who’s too self-important to follow a commander.

Shockingly, there isn’t always time to have a committee discussion about whether we all feel that stacking up is what we really want to do and having a vote on it. Seriously, “bark out orders”? What exactly else are you hoping they do? Hold a kittening seminar?

I want a little more than some ‘I paid 100G for this tag so you should blindly do what I want-when I want’ Which sadly makes up the majority of Gandara Commanders, and then they moan why no-one follows them!
I guess the ‘Commanders 2nd’s (Such as posts above) will continue to fawn over them declaring that if we don’t follow them blindly then we are somehow not playing correctly!
And as for the ’PUG’s don’t matter’ comment… Then don’t moan when PUG’s do their own thing (Such as fighting the Grub) Simple :-)

(edited by Budchgon.2108)

Why so Angry ?

in WvW

Noroz.9527

“These pvers in my wvw thread go away … casuals … go back to your living story and cof farm”

Definition of a ‘Bad’ WvW Commander hehe

“Yeah, I know they provide PvE. But why are you doing PvE in WvW? It’s pulls attention away from what you are supposed to do. If you want to PvE, you should not be in WvW”

If you are so focused on ‘only pvp’ Why are you in WvW? Why not play Spvp? And rather arrogant to state that I don’t ‘do’ what I am ‘supposed’ to do! – If you were not supposed to fight the Champs in WvW, why are they there? Maybe you are ‘supposed’ to fight them?

You obviously don’t realize that WvW is about taking points. It isn’t PvE. And sPvP is boring as hell to me, so no, I won’t.

I don’t know why they are there, and I really hope Anet will remove them asap so we can get rid of the people who kill the Champs.

Northern Shiverpeaks
[AS] Artificial Strife