World Transfer

World Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Southern.8973

Southern.8973

I’ve transferred world since 4/4/2014, but the Battle Historian still say I am associated with the old world. I played very WvW frequently, almost daily, so I don’t know how much longer is it going to take before I am deemed to be associated with the new world.

“As a part of these changes, we will also implement new restrictions to WvW access after transferring worlds. These restrictions will go into effect on March 28. After that date, anyone who transfers worlds will be able to play only in the Edge of the Mists WvW map for the duration of their current and subsequent matchup. If you transfer worlds on a Tuesday, you won’t be able to enter the Borderlands or Eternal Battleground maps until the Friday of the following week. You will still be able to play in Edge of the Mists and progress the tournament meta achievement, but you will not be able to contribute to the score of your WvW matchup. These changes are meant to encourage everyone to choose a home world and play on that world for the duration of the tournament.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-wvw-spring-tournament-2014/

That said, your timer should have been up already.

World Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t think the OP is saying he is restricted from playing, but that the Battle Historian is saying he still represents his old server.

I don’t know how long you will have to play for your new server, before it changes. Maybe once it is longer than the amount of time you played for the old one (possibly including the time you had to wait after transferring).

World Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Southern, it seems his lockout has been lifted but he hasn’t put enough time in the new world for the Historian to recognize his new association.

“Your world association will be based on your participation throughout the tournament. If you play on multiple worlds during the tournament, the world you represented the most will be the one with which you are associated. We are adding a new Battle Historian NPC to all the WvW maps who will tell you which world you are associated with.”

Not sure how they are calculating “the most”. Could be achievements earned, objectives captured, ranks earned, hours played – this has not been clarified yet.

World Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Southern.8973

Southern.8973

Southern, it seems his lockout has been lifted but he hasn’t put enough time in the new world for the Historian to recognize his new association.

“Your world association will be based on your participation throughout the tournament. If you play on multiple worlds during the tournament, the world you represented the most will be the one with which you are associated. We are adding a new Battle Historian NPC to all the WvW maps who will tell you which world you are associated with.”

Not sure how they are calculating “the most”. Could be achievements earned, objectives captured, ranks earned, hours played – this has not been clarified yet.

Ah, I bet that’s it. That’ll teach me (not) to skim.

World Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

Yay i just changed server to vabbi, cuase they are green now and i need to wait for next kitten stupid matchup, i will never explore this stupid www map, kitten . Delete www maps from map completion pls. I only lost money for this transfer lol

World Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Apex Predator.3475

Apex Predator.3475

Several guild members transferred to a new server on April 5th. After playing in EOTM everyday during the lock out period they were allowed back in (April 19th) to the regular WvW maps. However, they all are still associated with their former server. How much more do they need to be playing in order for that association to shift to their new server?

World Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Yay i just changed server to vabbi, cuase they are green now and i need to wait for next kitten stupid matchup, i will never explore this stupid www map, kitten . Delete www maps from map completion pls. I only lost money for this transfer lol

Just be patient, and stay on vabbi, they’ll roll green again….
I agree its a pain to have WvW for map completion but it is doable, just check in when your map is the colour you want again.

World Transfer

in WvW

Bartosz.2013

Just be patient, and stay on vabbi, they’ll roll green again….
I agree its a pain to have WvW for map completion but it is doable, just check in when your map is the colour you want again.

Yes i will stay on vabbi for now, maybe it will be green now too, i dont know xD, i paid about 80g just to explore 2 vistas and 3 pois :P

World Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

You should have transferred to a world that you have sure that will stay green for a while (Vabbi might swap for red).

L2bandwagon…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

World Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Nolli.8560

Nolli.8560

Transferred this Friday from EU to NA. And Battle Historian is saying I’m already associated with my new server, even though I’ve spent at least two weeks on the previous one.

Some people aren’t restricted from entering WvW at all as they transfer (with a chance they’ll actually get locked next matchup), some people are welcome to join WvW 3 days after they “turned their backs on their previous worlds”.

The only thing about transfers during the season that’s actually working correctly is the fact you have to waste a lot of gold/money to switch servers.

World Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: StrykerMagnus.4120

StrykerMagnus.4120

Several guild members transferred to a new server on April 5th. After playing in EOTM everyday during the lock out period they were allowed back in (April 19th) to the regular WvW maps. However, they all are still associated with their former server. How much more do they need to be playing in order for that association to shift to their new server?

If I’m not mistaken, EoTM does not count toward your time on the new server (thus changing your affiliation from the old server). You need to spend time in actual WvW (EB, BL, BL, BL). The reason that EoTM does not count is because it is not your world. Instead, it is a conglomeration of various servers on each team.

World Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Apex Predator.3475

Apex Predator.3475

If I’m not mistaken, EoTM does not count toward your time on the new server (thus changing your affiliation from the old server). You need to spend time in actual WvW (EB, BL, BL, BL). The reason that EoTM does not count is because it is not your world. Instead, it is a conglomeration of various servers on each team.

The battle historian text is incorrect then. His dialogue states that EoTM is also supposed to affect your association.

Attachments:

World Transfer

in WvW

Bartosz.2013

You should have transferred to a world that you have sure that will stay green for a while (Vabbi might swap for red).

L2bandwagon…

Well, in last tier it still should be easier to explore this map imo :P

World Transfer

in WvW

Posted by: StrykerMagnus.4120

StrykerMagnus.4120

The battle historian text is incorrect then. His dialogue states that EoTM is also supposed to affect your association.

Ah, then I may be wrong. Not sure.