WvW Badge Armor Stealth Nerfed

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

The Armor Trader in your home borderlands now sells LEVEL 70 exotic PVT armor for 1689 badges of honor.

WOW! Yes, I was using my level 80s, and I even switched characters to confirm now he’s always selling LEVEL 70 armor to level 80 characters! You used to be able to buy a full set of LEVEL 80 armor with 1689 badges of honor and now instead you must pay the gold AND badges at the “Armor Master” for level 80 exotics.

Thanks but no thanks. Maybe it’s just a new bug but it’s very suspicious the armor master wasn’t affected as well.

The armor trader also sells Level 70 exotic amulet, level 62 exotic ring, and level 70 accessory. What a joke.

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Click on the other traders…..

Meega Kweesta

in WvW

Isaac.6041

Click on the other traders…..

There’s only one Armor Trader and he is supposed to sell level 80 exotics for badges only (no extra gold).

Before this April 15th patch, he would sell a full of level 80 pvt exotics for 1689 badges. Now he is selling a full set of level 70 exotics for 1689 badges. What a rip off! Same number of badges for lower quality goods.

in WvW

Rawr.5930

Sigh.

One more time.

Click on the other traders….

You’ve always had to pay the gold btw.

Meega Kweesta

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Don’t see the problem, first NPC i run into is selling 80 gears for some badges/gold as it always did, the second however sells lv70 only for a few badges.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Isaac.6041

Sigh.

One more time.

Click on the other traders….

No thanks required.

I already did click on the other traders. You obviously haven’t.

One NPC is supposed to sell invader/pvt/soldier set for badges only. The other NPC sells soldier/berserker/carrion/knight/cleric/rabid gear for combination of badges and gold. The NPC that sells armor for badges only is bugged and selling level 70 armor to level 80 characters.

Don’t post useless advice here please.

in WvW

Isaac.6041

Don’t see the problem, first NPC i run into is selling 80 gears for some badges/gold as it always did, the second however sells lv70 only for a few badges.

Thank you for confirming the bug. That NPC is not supposed to be selling level 70 armor. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_Trader

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Thank you for confirming the bug. That NPC is not supposed to be selling level 70 armor. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_Trader

Not sure if thats a bug or working as intended, when i leveled some toons i usually visited that vendor to update my gears, think it starts to sell gears from lv25 or 35 all the way to 70, then you can use your badges plus some gold on the 80 exotic vendor.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

If it is a bug then it’s been like it for 6+ months. That particular npc vendor has only offered lvl 70 exotics since they added the gold + badge armours. I don’t remember the exact date of the patch but you might want to look at the patch notes for that day to see if it was intended.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Rusty Knives.4062

Rusty Knives.4062

One NPC is supposed to sell invader/pvt/soldier set for badges only. The other NPC sells soldier/berserker/carrion/knight/cleric/rabid gear for combination of badges and gold. The NPC that sells armor for badges only is bugged and selling level 70 armor to level 80 characters.

There hasn’t ever been a vendor in wvw that sells lvl 80 exotics for only badges of honor.

Fort Aspenwood – [TK][OBEY]

(edited by Rusty Knives.4062)

in WvW

Rawr.5930

There hasn’t ever been a vendor in wvw that sells lvl 80 exotics for only badges of honor.

For the love of god get your quotes right, im not the blind one.

Meega Kweesta

in WvW

Isaac.6041

No. Dulfy’s guide from Oct. 2012 shows the badge only armor in their endgame gear guide http://dulfy.net/2012/10/03/gw2-endgame-gearing-guide/

So it looks like it was nerfed for a long time now and not many people cared because the gold and badge armor was still available. Well, I’m not going to sit by quietly and let them lower the quality of goods without a complaint. The level 80 badge of honor only armor should be restored! (because I want to buy some now without the gold )

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

why does anyone care about bad exotic armor that can’t even be salvaged?

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Yeah, there was. Back at the start of the game they sold ptv stat exotics for only badges. Then they changed it to badges/gold and added more stats combinations. That was a long time ago, though.