WvW Spring 2014 Tournament

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

The announcement state they are keeping the gold/silver/bronze league so you’d have to split this into three distinct tournaments.

It does not, and it would not make sense with swiss-tournament.
7 rounds in swiss tournament are enough to separate over 50 participants, it would be total nonsense for 6-9

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Vroum.2906

Vroum.2906

It does not, and it would not make sense with swiss-tournament.
7 rounds in swiss tournament are enough to separate over 50 participants, it would be total nonsense for 6-9

That’s what I I understand from “We are introducing a new, Swiss-style system of matching up the worlds within a league

By the way I don’t see how matching T1 servers to virtually any server winning against its natural opponents like let’s say Ring of Fire (T8) could lead to more competitive matchups.

Guardian | Warrior | Elementalist on Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

a league = EU
another league = NA

And concerning your second question: No it does not, but did ANet ever demonstrated understanding for that question?

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I just plan to stay in EOTM.

Even when SOR isn’t facing BG and JQ?

sure. ppt gets old

Would have thought mindless zerging in EOTM without any overriding purpose would get old as well.

better than midless zerging and pv dooring elsewhere, lol.

SOR wants to go down to T2 because that isn’t the case in T2.

You seem obsessed with us. Why did you bandwagon to Jq two weeks ago if this was so important?

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The announcement state they are keeping the gold/silver/bronze league so you’d have to split this into three distinct tournaments.

As others have pointed out there was no specific mention of a Bronze/Silver/Gold split only leagues which I take to mean EU/NA. It also wouldn’t work well in a Swiss Style tournament.

Straegen how dare you put our server that low! For shame.

Well my list is based on a lot of assumptions most of them probably wrong. It also doesn’t take into consideration how great BP is to play on (some weeks).

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”