WvW actually worse now ...

in WvW

Posted by: Falx.8427

Falx.8427

This is the information we players got served while waiting for the amazing feature pack:

“We’ve changed the way many of the underlying systems work, making them more cost-effective, which will reduce how often players will be seeing issues caused by performance. This is most notable in large combat situations like WvW and at the PvE world boss events. These improvements affect both the server and client performance, so in these situations, you should see increased frame rates as well!”

Well, with WvW’s current state it’s almost unplayable now, so GG.

Amplified Wrath [AmP]
Badmash [bM]
Furious Cookies [FURY]

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Do you have any specific issues to report? It’s difficult to escalate bug reports, without details on the bug(s) you are experiencing and how it’s affecting your gameplay.

in WvW

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Do you have any specific issues to report? It’s difficult to escalate bug reports, without details on the bug(s) you are experiencing and how it’s affecting your gameplay.

Last night on NA T1 EBG there was significant skill lag (far more than there has been in recent months, even when the map is queue’d), and some players were experiencing significant delays (5-10+ seconds) before the option to stomp or res a downed opponent/ally would appear. Some players were unable to get the option to stomp/res to appear at all.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Significant skill lag. Rubberbanding. Actual screen freezes when trying to attack. Unable to stop or res (this one seems to be game wide, not just wvw). Even in places where it’s a very small group (3v3 even).

No, it’s not my computer or my internet connection.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Last night on NA T1 EBG there was significant skill lag (far more than there has been in recent months, even when the map is queue’d), and some players were experiencing significant delays (5-10+ seconds) before the option to stomp or res a downed opponent/ally would appear. Some players were unable to get the option to stomp/res to appear at all.

All of this was still happening today during off hours on a T8 bl. It was a 1v2 fight with no one else around.

Edit: If it’s too much trouble to fix the stomping issue there are quite a few of us that would have no problem with you just removing the downed state from WvW entirely.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

(edited by Jim Hunter.6821)

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

immediately after the patch, and for hours afterwards skills had a 1/2 second delay for me. It resolved for the most part for me… but for many others they continued to complain about it.

The Rez/stomp/interact issue is don’t hold down the mouse for camera turning. let go of the mouse buttons to interact… it’s silly and something they are working on already, saw it mentioned last night by a dev.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

I don’t think it’s related to the patch but since the beginning of the week we’ve been getting random lag spikes in WvW. Has happened in EB as well as the borderlands. It seems to be affecting all servers in NA and EU.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Lower fps,more skill lag,stomping is bugged,interaction buggs out at times and sword leaps bugg out randomly jumping to locations not aiming for..and youre awesome new siege disabler is Beyond pure awesomeness aswell.The game feels completely broken atm.

in WvW

Posted by: Der Buck.5439

Der Buck.5439

Please add video card info to reported issues. On another thread a guild had mentioned that it seemed to be nVidia card users experiencing this problem. This should probably move to bug forum. If there isn’t a post already, then you could be the hero that saves WvW!

in WvW

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

immediately after the patch, and for hours afterwards skills had a 1/2 second delay for me. It resolved for the most part for me… but for many others they continued to complain about it.

The Rez/stomp/interact issue is don’t hold down the mouse for camera turning. let go of the mouse buttons to interact… it’s silly and something they are working on already, saw it mentioned last night by a dev.

NA T1 EBG was experiencing 5+ second skill lag for the majority of Tuesday evening.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Massive skill lag (delays then sometimes fast motion catch ups) and rubber banding. I ran both speedtest and pingtest.net with the game running, no issues. My FPS never dropped below 40 fps during these huge lag spikes.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

The game runs on NCSoft servers along other MMOs. The skill lag in WvW will be here until the end. Wildstar also has major skill lags….Anet should just stop with the false promises and tell us they can’t fix the lag in WvW…..treat us like real people for once please….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Having run the game on a toshiba(i7 w/Quad core) I noticed massive amounts of skill lag and rubber banding. Out of curiosity I ran the game on my macbook pro (Also i7 w/Quadcore) today and noticed absolutely no issues at all (Latency wise). Very interesting. Would never have guessed that a mac would out run my toshiba…this is definitely a first. The truly interesting fact of the matter is that both have nearly if not completely identical specs…

[varX] Limitless Potential

(edited by Brutal Augus.5917)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

There are also some funny glitches happening that some in my guild experienced like random teleporting.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Well yesterday we tried to take a keep and every piece of siege we placed down was disabled 99% of the time during which it was destroyed by dps range. There is just nothing we could do beside dps the gate down. Was that the intent of your anti-siege grenade? To have people PvD?

The new siege disabler grenade is seriously overpowered, it shouldn’t be aoe, it should last maximum 5-10 seconds, not 45. But even then, it’s just not interesting for the gameplay.

in WvW

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Several people in TS last night were complaining about the new ‘standard models’ causing frequent crashes.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yup.. skill lag/delay is very noticable , sometimes 2 sec delay, as well as rubberbanding/delay when going tower/keep portal….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Well yesterday we tried to take a keep and every piece of siege we placed down was disabled 99% of the time during which it was destroyed by dps range. There is just nothing we could do beside dps the gate down. Was that the intent of your anti-siege grenade? To have people PvD?

The new siege disabler grenade is seriously overpowered, it shouldn’t be aoe, it should last maximum 5-10 seconds, not 45. But even then, it’s just not interesting for the gameplay.

I was afraid that would happen. I’m not sure what to think about it yet but one thing is certain: sieges will more frequently be actual sieges instead of the previous “drop rams, pop gate” that they were.

Anyone know if the grenade radius is big enough for attackers to disable AC’s in the usual spots?

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Never experience skill lag that much since launch, unless in a large zerg v zerg battle, but since patch very choppy and skill lag noticed no matter what is happening on map. Seems worse

in WvW

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

I’m noticing severe FPS drops compared to what I had pre-patch. It’s almost unplayable sometimes now. Never used to drop below 20 except in the very, very laggiest situations (i.e. 3-way mapqueue blobfights), but now I’m lucky to hit 20 when there’s only maybe 10-15 enemies around. In zerg fights I’m now getting below 10 FPS. I’ve tried lowering settings to minimum (usually can play with max, aside from the player model culling), but it’s not helping at all. This is terrible.

Had some rubberbanding earlier off and on in a borderland; everyone I was with was having it too. Something definitely went wonky with this patch.

Haven’t noticed any skill lag personally, though.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

in WvW

Posted by: Rhizo.5089

Rhizo.5089

Whatever you guys did to “fix” things today is actually worse than last night in terms of fps on my system in WvW. Tonight I have never really had an issue til tonight upon reaching 9fps, a first for me. Others in teamspeak reporting crashes. This is gonna make the tournament interesting. Update: I am crashing now too. Another first for a very long time. Report sent in after crash.

(edited by Rhizo.5089)

in WvW

Posted by: Feaduin.7603

Feaduin.7603

Have we gotten a fix on the issue where we can not use ‘F’ to finish a downed opponent or are we still supposed to play with our mouse buttons until a dialogue appears in the middle of combat?

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

FPS drops after the patch.

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

the changes seem to be worse for some people and better for others, likely video card brand related. I’ve always had annoying lag issues and skill lag in the past for big fights but since the patch that has improved for me greatly. I do notice a lot more sticky “lag-dar” warnings of large forces nearby but that is just a bit of learning curve to figure out where it is coming from. Before this afternoons hotfix lag was horrid briefly but pretty much gone right afterwards. YMMV

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Indeed. I havent played GW2 for maybe a week due to the AA beta, but I jumped into EB last night because I wanted to check out the patch updates and stuff… It was graphics lagging like crazy in northern SM and towards overlook. Not unplayable, but I cant remember seeing it that bad before, especially since it wasnt even that many players there. I noticed quite some rubberbanding as well. Got fed up with it rather quickly

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Def worse for me also, I’m getting stuttering happening when zergs are near, didn’t happen b4 the patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Falren.6953

Falren.6953

SUMMARY OF FORUM POSTS: Beginning upon the release of the feature patch, multiple people have been experiencing lag in wvw. This includes but is not limited to: skills stop working, players begin running into walls, map does not properly update on time, and siege cannot be properly manned or set. This lag can cause a disconnect error.

In addition, fps have been significantly lowered on multiple persons accounts while in WvW. The average fps seems to be in the twenties now for most people and fluctuating down from there. Pre-patch people were getting 40+ frames.

The above problems occur regardless of ISP, computer type, battle size (Zerg vs Zerg or 3 vs 3 for example), and graphics settings (best performance vs best appearance for example)

The patch today (9/10/2014) seems to have helped some people with the above issues, while harming others further.

PvE/PvP is mostly unaffected, if at all, and what is affected fps-wise is minor compared to World Vs World.

Possible cause of the issue is whatever was done to help gain fps in wvw is actually backfiring on a large scale.

In addition, people are greatly concerned that this problem will extend into the season 3 tournament and/or will be being fixed during the tournament. General consensus seems to be to delay the tournament if this cannot be corrected by the starting day.

Personal post:

I too am experiencing the WvW lag/fps issues. Pre-patch I usually averaged 35-40 fps in wvw. Post-patch I am at an average of 17 fps give or take 10. I love WvW, but this lag and fps rate is pretty much unbearable and makes the game unplayable. In some battles, I would find my skills suddenly stop working. Stability would not go on stand your ground etc. this is a vital skill/boon for me in WvW. If it does not work, I am dead. skill lag was immense. Up to about 2 seconds. I sent in a ticket because no one was mentioning this on the forums, but I later found I was not alone, people across the guild etc were experiencing it too, and worse than me sometimes. If it helps any, I am on the Jade Quarry server. I tried adjusting my graphics settings, checked for viruses, checked comp temperature, ran a hardware scan, tried restarting computer and client. Nothing helped. All other games are unaffected, as well as my internet is fine. Meaning it is a bug somewhere in the system. Hope I was of some help.

in WvW

Posted by: Falren.6953

Falren.6953

See above post for a summary. I think if I quote you, you might get a notification or something to check this forum again. If not, this post is just here to try.

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

just saw this thread

we had this skill lags and rubberbands for 1-2 weeks before patch in EU and now after patch everything works fine

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

And now you not “stuck” in waypoints, just the camera start to shake and you go with 1/4 speed while not use the port again

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The game feels laggy, choppy slow graphics, fps drops under 60 fps, even to 20-40 fps when any zerg is nearby, but this also occurs in Heart of the Mists meeting area and pve areas, so it is not WvWvW specific. This happens even though I toned down the graphics settings compared to what I had before the patch.

Retaliation damage got a circa ~25% stealth buff (probably a bug! The 0.66 multiplier seems to apply only to the power, not to the base damage of the retaliation). It is punishing the skills which can hit multiple targets rapidly way too hard* (the attacker easily gets more damage from retaliation than he is inflicting on the enemy blob e.g. engi grenade barrage at zerg, ranger LB barrage, ele staff skills like static field and meteor shower). Instead of fixing this issue e.g. by making sure that retaliation can trigger e.g. max 2 times per second, Arenanet decided to buff the light fields. The new light field aura is simply too good, compared to the minimal effort to make it. It applies vulnerability besides doing the retaliation. Guardians can easily generate light fields by using the hammer auto attack, not to mention the other sources. Leap and blast finishers are on extremely low cool down. E.g. savage leap and heartseeker are both leap finishers with very low cooldown (heartseeker technically has no cd). Mighty blow has mere 4 second (traited) cooldown, extremely low for a blast finisher.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

Still getting intermittent lag spikes on T1 EU that last anywhere from a few seconds to maybe 20 seconds max. It’s effecting a lot of people, on both Kodash, Deso and SFR (I’ve asked them in game).
It’s weird too because it goes from effecting movement some times to effecting stomping, interacting with siege, picking up supplies, repairing etc., stuff like that. Very annoying.

Also if you jump or a few seconds after you come down from a jump then use siege, it says you cannot interact with the siege because you are in the air and your character animation sometimes shows you floating just above the ground. That one happens mostly within towers etc., when siege is placed on maybe a part of the tower that happens to be a few inches above the rest. Only way to break this bug is to way point away (or die). Doesn’t happen all the time either, it’s sporadic but I’ve seen a few people blamed for trolling for just sitting on siege and not using it, when I’ve asked them they’ve said they were bugged too and I’ve had to get them to waypoint in order to get off the siege they were bugged on.

in WvW

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

I CAN’T STOMP PEOPLE ANYMORE AFTER THE NEW PATCH!

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

releae your mouse and stomp button will apear immidietly.

l2p =p

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Falx.8427

Falx.8427

When I’m just standing still in any borderlands, players around me teleport back and forth, so it’s impossible for me to time my skills when fighting. Rubberbanding has been non stop since the update and 1-2 seconds delay on skills, but that also happens in PvE/PvP. When you raid with your guild, and it’s about who’s got the less lag/rubberbanding when you fight and not skills, it gets both boring and frustrating. It was not this bad before the feature pack, so something must’ve happened. I’m currently on EU server Gunnar’s Hold.

Amplified Wrath [AmP]
Badmash [bM]
Furious Cookies [FURY]

(edited by Falx.8427)

in WvW

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

l2p =p

I’ve tried it, but it still dont let me stomp before like 5s after, which is normally to late…

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

l2p =p

I’ve tried it, but it still dont let me stomp before like 5s after, which is normally to late…

releasing mouse really helps, maybe even not moving it, just run to dwoned guy and take your hand out of mouse. Test it in PVP starting area . The guys in spvp adviced it to me and i made maybe 20-30 sucesfull stomps with that both in wvw and pvp.

Some friend said aswell that doubleckicking on corps helps them, dunno i’m ok with the realesing buttons atm.

But, y overall it’s kittened up…

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: FarmingPanda.4359

FarmingPanda.4359

SIEGE TRAP TOO LONG. <——— really? especially when you’re trying to ninja a tower with a small group, one person just keeps throwing siege traps until the big zerg comes….

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

SIEGE TRAP TOO LONG. <——— really? especially when you’re trying to ninja a tower with a small group, one person just keeps throwing siege traps until the big zerg comes….

I used the mess outta the siege tricks last night. I could almost hear the rage from the opposing team. They are kinda ridiculous. I suspect that everyone will adapt to them though, in time.

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Ya this is a good example of how it breaks the gameplay.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Ya this is a good example of how it breaks the gameplay.

Pretty much, 1 guy with 20 supps can stall them for 1.5min before grabbing new supplies.

thats 90 kittenin seconds – way to long for pvp modes. Totally breaks gameplay. Although i have to admit i had fun stalling 40 ppl and their 3 sup rams so close to eachother only 1 trap was needed to lock em out. But should not be possible too.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Strictly talking from a performance standpoint there is significant delay in t3 play as well.

Weapon swapping out of combat taking a good 4-5 seconds. Skills on delay a good 6+ as well.

From a “fun perspective”…. Siege disable trap can go away, until its re-tunned. It is ludicrously broken. This is considering we can only assault towers and keeps from given points. If we could break any part of a tower, keep or scale them to get in fine. You could then keep it in it’s current iteration, but as is. It’s a defenders wet dream. It only goes to deny skilled and coordinated pushes as 1 person can stockpile as many as they want and use them without fear as there is no ICD…

Again talking fun standpoint, removing lord bannering…. Removed some of the most epic fights and the attraction people had in WvW. It’s been stated many times that people would rather have it be a down state penalty or hard cap of x revives in x time.

Timer for dead players, 5 minutes is too generous. 1:30 or bust.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

EB is lagging like hell since the feature pack.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

EU Tier 7: lagging like hell on borderlands. Actually EB had just usual lags, not skill lags like borderlands.

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Strictly talking from a performance standpoint there is significant delay in t3 play as well.

From a “fun perspective”…. Siege disable trap can go away, until its re-tunned. It is ludicrously broken.

The thing is, we told them it would be broken before they released it. Again they didn’t listen. We would have needed 1000 complaints, like for the commander tags, for them to realize it.

How much more specific than “It’s a bad idea” can you be? It’s was just a terrible idea, before implementation and after implementation.

And EVEN if it did worked ok, it’s just not fun.

A catapult that launch players above walls, that could be broken also, but at least it would be fun.

in WvW

Posted by: garull.8956

garull.8956

I’m experiencing weird graphics bugs/glitches …

It’s like everyone is a ranger in WvW and using a lot of longbows. I never experienced that before the patch … please fix soon.

Thanks

Decisive Gg [NS]

in WvW

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

We have the same problem, but basically, when you release your right mouse button with which you turn your screen, it pops up. Lol.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in WvW

Posted by: Naranek.3467

Naranek.3467

Upgrades seem bugged. The bar is full, there’s supply available, workers are standing around, but it won’t finish.

in WvW

Posted by: Omega Mccoy.4237

Omega Mccoy.4237

Glad to know the skill lag wasn’t related to my ISP.
It seem to come and go, at points they fired normally, but most of the time there was a 1/2 to 1 second delay.

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I used the mess outta the siege tricks last night. I could almost hear the rage from the opposing team. They are kinda ridiculous. I suspect that everyone will adapt to them though, in time.

Tuesday night I know I ticked off a number of people on an opposing server, because they have far more people in wvw than my server does, made them PvD and eventually build a cata to hit the gate just to take a paper Mendons. It was fairly good payback for the zerging of single players, and gave me a few mins of the most fun I’ve had facing them, well.. except when severely outnumbered and still wipe them.
Yes, some are adapting already and showing the serious flaws between the disabler and golem mastery (namely that it’s useless with enough golems, exactly as predicted). Also a bug with the healing bubble being ‘op’ that needs fixed asap.

As for lag, I intermittently noticed some issues with this again, but I could blame my isp for them. However, other issues related to ‘lag’ have gotten worse again, skills missing when they shouldn’t be, blink/shadowstep failing and putting you right back where you started, etc.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)