WvW dueling needs to stop.

in WvW

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Please get people not supporting the world out of it and make dueling an Open World option.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Yes, how dare people play the game differently from you….what do you care? Unless there are like a dozen people dueling when you have a queue to get in, it doesn’t really hurt your server to have a few people who aren’t actively trying to take objectives…

in WvW

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Yes, how dare people play the game differently from you….what do you care? Unless there are like a dozen people dueling when you have a queue to get in, it doesn’t really hurt your server to have a few people who aren’t actively trying to take objectives…

They should be dueling somewhere else, not in a competitive gamemode.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Competitive game mode… LOL

Just keep in your zerg and keep pressing that 1 button as fast as you can, everything will be ok.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

Yeah, they should add to the 60 person zerg with the commander, to make it 61. To change everything!!

in WvW

Posted by: Narsil.6579

Narsil.6579

Ok yes I agree we need to get duels set up, not spvp but you bring your gear, your buffs etc, and test it out or duke it out. Atm zerging is kinda boring, just running in circles capping everything and really not much skill aside from timing CC or veil or might stacks or etc. Or the optimal group formation, or the optimal builds etc. Its not really competitive either, it is just which team deals the most CC and or which one gets trapped in it. As well as in lower tier servers facing higher tier servers in this new matchup, it ends up being a faceroll fest. Zerging gets boring, I like duels because i get to know whether or not my skills are the ones bringing my opponent down, and there is a self satisfaction from beating others ina 1v1 situation. Less then a 60 man zzerg facerolling either 5 or 10 stragglers.

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

There is nowhere else to dual.

Private PvP servers are the only other choice, but anyone whos spent some time in both WvW and PvP will tell you its considerably different given the reduced stats, lack of food and some altered traits in PvP.

I can understand some frustration about it being done on a large scale if there are queues in the BL, but for the most part theres no more than 5-6 people dualing and the BL is empty anyway so… why care?

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Do like IoJ does – these “duelists” are free badges. And, no, open world dueling isn’t the solution – the merged thread in the suggestion forum should point that out. (For those who haven’t perused that one, there’s about 10 people who keep spamming it asking for open world duels, and a few hundred who keep telling them it’s a bad idea.)

in WvW

Posted by: Eugenides.1274

Eugenides.1274

Do you mean 1v1 dueling or the GW2 version of GvG?

I don’t see much difference between a roamer and someone doing 1v1 duels. If you mean “GvG”, then I can understand how frustrating it can be having anywhere from 10-25 players from your server taking up spots on a queued BL and think there needs to be an alternative set up for this.

Attolis – Beyond the Wall [Crow]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

I truly can’t blame you for not caring for wvw “duels” – It’s a battleground, not a teaparty.
At the same time, people has the right to choose how they want to play.
But if you’re going for “red=dead” then keep doing it, because that’s what you’re supposed to and 100% entitled to do. And if anyone complains, ignore them. They need to move on.

in WvW

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

I agree with him. There’s no reason people who enjoy things like dueling and GvG should be crammed into a map alongside people who enjoy capturing and defending towers/keeps.

I would love to be able to queue up in a way similar to sPvP where I can 1v1 with someone (in my PvE gear of course. I’m not a fan of sPvP amulets >.<).

in WvW

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

I agree with him. There’s no reason people who enjoy things like dueling and GvG should be crammed into a map alongside people who enjoy capturing and defending towers/keeps.

I would love to be able to queue up in a way similar to sPvP where I can 1v1 with someone (in my PvE gear of course. I’m not a fan of sPvP amulets >.<).

Not at all related to WvW dueling – but I’d love if you’d suggest this to the “Open World Duels” people. There’s a thread in the suggestions forum where the same 5-10 people have generated hundreds of posts asking for open world duels, while everyone who’s against it (the majority, in this case) suggest other potentially workable alternatives. I like yours at least as much as some of the others in that.

in WvW

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

Do keep in mind that it takes multiple people from different servers to duel. For every person from your server dueling, there is someone from the other server dueling. Ultimately, it evens out.

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

Too bad you feel that way, I’ve met some of the nicest and most skilled people in pvp while dueling out in WvW.

But don’t be quick to judge those who dual most of them are also very skilled WvW players who do in fact assist their server, sometimes you just need to mix it up a bit.

(edited by Folk.2093)

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

ANET should implement a specific, istanced map for dueling…. something like sPvP but with PvE toons. Maybe with a sort of arena where 2 ppl duel and others can watch.
It can be fun to duel with your friends.
meantime we’ll keep on dueling in WvW

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Please get people not supporting the world out of it and make dueling an Open World option.

Oh yeah absolutely..

2 roamers meet in a camp, they get ready to charge each other, then suddenly they remember reading this post
WAAAAAAAIT
We can’t has a duel with just us two here!
Dis is WvW!
I’ll call mah zerg!
I’ll call my blob!
Riiiight let’s wait for them so we can has lots of lag and 11111 spam.

… not.

in WvW

Posted by: shadowraith.9124

shadowraith.9124

Do keep in mind that it takes multiple people from different servers to duel. For every person from your server dueling, there is someone from the other server dueling. Ultimately, it evens out.

This.

Besides, less people in the zerg can only be a good thing. (Skill lag anyone?)

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I think you’re blowing things out of proportion, but this game is desperately lacking a proper duel and GvG solution (go figure with a name like Guild Wars you wouldn’t expect to have to bend over backwards to actually war another guild…)

in WvW

Posted by: iiMulch.2138

iiMulch.2138

Yes it does hurt the server. When my guild has an event and theres another guild doing gvg it is really annoying because half of our players are still in que and the gvg guys ain’t doing anything to help server.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Anet should really open up a whole other mode for both dueling and GvG. People mainly jump in WvW to do exactly what it was designed to do. Those that jump in just to duel and GvG are only wrecking it for others who are there for the actual WvW experience.

Do I blame them? No, the WvW experience is boring at the moment for a laundry list of reasons people have mentioned, and the only way these players get any enjoyment at all is to either duel or GvG. Unfortunately, that won’t change unless some drastic changes are made to WvW itself

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

what i wrong with dueling? it is a pvp zone after all. sometimes it get boring to chase after towers and u wanna have a good fight.so whats wrong with that?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Whats the problem? This is a PvP zone. If you don’t like those silly mammaries out dueling on your dime, go smack them into the dirt. Free kill. chances are they’ll quit, do it somewhere else, or try to get revenge on you meaning they’re trying to WvW you; mission accomplished.

If you do it enough, you’ll send a message; no dueling in this borderland. Take it elsewhere and eat up their WvW slots.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

in WvW

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

If Anet gave me some form of pve dueling (like bl/bl2) or a giant open field to duel on, I would probably never go back to wvw until there is some incentive to move in smaller groups.

Until then I will be dueling in wvw or attempting to do smaller objectives till me and my few friends get zerg balled.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

When I pass by and see 2 people fighting, even if they’re just actually fighting and it’s not a duel, i usually just sit and watch, maybe keeping ready to stealth ress the guy if he gets downed.

And I usually hope people would do the same for me, because I enjoy more fair fights rather than roflstomp enemies in a 5v1.

in WvW

Posted by: kazi.6438

kazi.6438

I would kill for a dueling arena w/ matchmaking (WvW balancing though).

Inir [CAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

I do not follow the zerg in wvw as i feel it presents little challenge and tbh is boring, I roam solo taking sentry points and helping to take camps and regularly bump into an enemy or 2 who are doing exactly the same as me. Engaging an enemy player/players this way is challenging and fun and i am still contributing to the whole objective.

You can’t expect people who paid the same amount of cash for this game as you to play like robotic zombies just because that’s the most efficient.

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

But if you’re going for “red=dead” then keep doing it, because that’s what you’re supposed to and 100% entitled to do. And if anyone complains, ignore them. They need to move on.

Feel free to do so, but do not except any help in the fight from the other duelists.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: tora.3205

tora.3205

Yess Man ~ Thief
Eroto Man ~ Necromancer
Mortalis Ex Inferi ~ Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Gahn.8150

Gahn.8150

That is, same goes with GvG.
OP thread is all about OMG my guild of 40 people can’t get in same Bl cause of queues and i have to find a culprit.

Gahn Lonewolf [TDA]
Norn Guardian
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

ANET should implement a specific, istanced map for dueling…. something like sPvP but with PvE toons. Maybe with a sort of arena where 2 ppl duel and others can watch.
It can be fun to duel with your friends.
meantime we’ll keep on dueling in WvW

That makes both too much sense for Anet and would also divert resources from their next Living Story festivity.

in WvW

Posted by: Xelnok.2397

Xelnok.2397

I love dueling, have dueled alot of times with most of my characters, but if i see two people fighting anywhere but behind the windmill, or maybe ruins with other people standing around watching, you are completely fair game for me.

I have found people fighting outside of SE or SW tower, i start to attack the red person and they yell at me because they are dueling; if you want to duel get the heck out of busy WvW roaming avenues and find somewhere secluded or you will get your duel interrupted, how the heck am i supposed to know if you are dueling if you don’t go to “designated areas”.

Xel