"WvW has been in the game for a year"

in WvW

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

Let’s keep it civil here.
My point is – that is wrong on many levels.
First, many people played WvW before and wanted to play it more but didnt have incentives to do so. Now they not only have ach to get but seasons, they participate in a league, they fight to get the gold.
Also this is the biggest WvW patch in what, 6 months? More? Of course people are going to play it. But it’s only the second day of the patch and you’re overreacting a lot.
I think after a couple of days it’ll get better. What do you think?

in WvW

Posted by: Artasian Nosferatu.3516

Artasian Nosferatu.3516

I have a game I can’t play without hideous lag and epic queue times, all for some pompous PvE buffoons who’d rather wait 3 minutes for a claimer to unbuff than help defend a keep. Over-reacting is an understatement.

EDIT:
Don’t get me wrong, I love introducing new players to the WvW system and it really is great fun, but most couldn’t care less what the commander has planned.

(edited by Artasian Nosferatu.3516)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I think that everybody have figure out that whole league is just smoke screen try to hide fact that www is still same kitten. League doesn’t make me work harder or give me more motivation to play. WWW is just weird mess where casual and hardcore players run around and rage eachother because nobody actually don’t know what is point of whole kitten and how it should be played.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: nickiehu.1674

nickiehu.1674

I don’t have a problem with new ppl getting into wvw, no really, I appreciate it. And making WvW more attractive by introducing new achievements is ok, too.
On the other side, ppl were complaining about the match-up system, so A-Net changed it into a league.
But taking both things in combination with buggy queue’s makes ppl react like a melone getting pressed through a hole with the size of an orange – it doesn’t work. Both improvements make ppl want to join WvW, but even before the WvW patrons didn’t even get on the map correctly due to the buggy queue.
So I guess, A-Net didn’t do his homework. We can not blame the new ppl joining wvw (ok, when they only do jp’s it’s annoying, but we can’t change it).
If there is one to blame, than it is A-Net for making these improvements, while knowing, that the WvW they made, isn’t ready for it.

And pls, don’t tell me, I should transfer to an other server, because on Vabbi or whatever is no queue or skilllagg etc. I choose my server, because I have friends and a guild here and I enjoy playing with them WvW (even though I’m not sure, that we will get our guild raids together this week xD).

in WvW

Posted by: Arcade.8901

Arcade.8901

Well PVErs taking someone not experienced in Arah p4 or in some insane levels of fractal everyday but hey for that they at least have kick button!

in WvW

Posted by: Spazzoni.1703

Spazzoni.1703

I’m waiting for the new game by Bungie to come.

Play it for a couple weeks before the kitten hacks bring their cheats.

Suicide Necro

in WvW

Artasian Nosferatu.3516

Well PVErs taking someone not experienced in Arah p4 or in some insane levels of fractal everyday but hey for that they at least have kick button!

The difference is that those players are actually willing to learn.

in WvW

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

Cause its heading in the wrong direction, debating how far in the wrong direction does not change it.

Sandbox game play is about the players. Rvr/world v world is about tactical fighting in the open field.

Do stuff to setup up better fights, not load up people leveling and doing jumping puzzles.

The servers cant handle big fights, its time to spread out the fighting not draw in millions of tourists.

in WvW

Posted by: mako.2431

mako.2431

WvW is still crap with no meaning to it. “Let them take the keep, we can take it back for more reward”. I am so sick of hearing this crap. You would have NEVER heard such a thing in Daoc. This game is a joke.

in WvW

Artasian Nosferatu.3516

WvW is still crap with no meaning to it. “Let them take the keep, we can take it back for more reward”. I am so sick of hearing this crap. You would have NEVER heard such a thing in Daoc. This game is a joke.

I have yet to hear that on my server.

in WvW

Spazzoni.1703

I have yet to hear that on my server.

Yet you fail to name that server, guild, or crowd you pall around with.

The WvW in this game could be amazing. Yet it’s not, and getting worse all the time.

Suicide Necro

in WvW

Artasian Nosferatu.3516

Aurora Glade, mate. Our commanders are top-notch

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I think that everybody have figure out that whole league is just smoke screen try to hide fact that www is still same kitten. League doesn’t make me work harder or give me more motivation to play. WWW is just weird mess where casual and hardcore players run around and rage eachother because nobody actually don’t know what is point of whole kitten and how it should be played.

The wvw season is a great step in the right direction. You have an incentive to finish 1st and second now. None of this “Oh lets just focus on fights,” mentality.

Also, it has brought more people into the mix, whether good or bad, and as well as given old timers stuff to do, and actual achievements that can be achieved before 2032.

Getting everyone organized will be a task, but it is doable. The only people I can really see having a bad time with the season, are the t1 servers, since it is hard for them to even get to play.

I think we all need to give it a chance. The season is gonna happen, let it play out, and then near the end of it leave some feedback so anet can adjust it’s future wvw policies. Quit the knee jerk reactions, they don’t benefit anyone.

in WvW

Spazzoni.1703

The wvw season is a great step in the right direction. You have an incentive to finish 1st and second now. None of this “Oh lets just focus on fights,” mentality.

Also, it has brought more people into the mix, whether good or bad, and as well as given old timers stuff to do, and actual achievements that can be achieved before 2032.

Getting everyone organized will be a task, but it is doable. The only people I can really see having a bad time with the season, are the t1 servers, since it is hard for them to even get to play.

I think we all need to give it a chance. The season is gonna happen, let it play out, and then near the end of it leave some feedback so anet can adjust it’s future wvw policies. Quit the knee jerk reactions, they don’t benefit anyone.

Spoken like a true Frostgorge Commander.

Suicide Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Also this is the biggest WvW patch in what, 6 months? More? Of course people are going to play it. But it’s only the second day of the patch and you’re overreacting a lot.

This is not the biggest WvW patch in 6 months, not in 1 month either, simply because it didn’t change WvW at all except for adding achievements and changing the matchup system

I honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling, but I hope you are. “We gotta switch focus from playing because it’s fun to playing to get a reward”… really?

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Anet should decide fast that is www serious PvP mode or just four maps where players can do what they want.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

This is not the biggest WvW patch in 6 months, not in 1 month either, simply because it didn’t change WvW at all except for adding achievements and changing the matchup system

I honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling, but I hope you are. “We gotta switch focus from playing because it’s fun to playing to get a reward”… really?

No trolling here. You are in a league, this is competition. 5 points, 3 points, 1 point. There is a big difference between 3 points and 1 point, during the course of a season.

If you are going to just run around and focus on fights, then you are gonna lose, plain and simple. You have to have ppt, and points to win.

You might want to focus on fights and cost your server victory, but not everybody does.

And, if 2v1 is done right, upsets can happen.

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

No trolling here. You are in a league, this is competition. 5 points, 3 points, 1 point. There is a big difference between 3 points and 1 point, during the course of a season.

If you are going to just run around and focus on fights, then you are gonna lose, plain and simple. You have to have ppt, and points to win.

You might want to focus on fights and cost your server victory, but not everybody does.

Cant take anyone serious who just stated they are in WvW for the rewards.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Cant take anyone serious who just stated they are in WvW for the rewards.

Maybe, maybe not. You don’t know why they are there, and even if they are there for the rewards, they might end up staying because they enjoy it.

I love how the league has brought out the worst of the WvW community.

in WvW

Posted by: adoslaw.7091

adoslaw.7091

You guys should realise by know, that anet doesn’t give a funk about wvw, they focus on spvp and the esport; they try to force players to go and play spvp with every ridiculous patch. there is more and more players in wvw from pve, but the point is, that those players do not care about that gamemode, they are there because of the achievments, easy karma, xp. now it is even worse with the leagues as you can all see. thing is, that anet has the monopol for wvw type of game at the moment as there is no other that could compete. Now, when pve ppl don’t care about queues or skill lags and such, because they will ewentually get in while they are doing pve stuff, but more and more players are actually leaving the game because of the current state and the way devs treats wvw. There will be point, when most of people will get their achievments = less queues, but as soon as other wvw type of game comes out, serious gamers will be gone, so the maps will be empty. they should wake up much earlier, support gvg type of gameplay and come on… spvp-esport is a joke…

Aurora Glade Invader [UNTY]

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

You guys should realise by know, that anet doesn’t give a funk about wvw, they focus on spvp and the esport; they try to force players to go and play spvp with every ridiculous patch. there is more and more players in wvw from pve, but the point is, that those players do not care about that gamemode, they are there because of the achievments, easy karma, xp. now it is even worse with the leagues as you can all see. thing is, that anet has the monopol for wvw type of game at the moment as there is no other that could compete. Now, when pve ppl don’t care about queues or skill lags and such, because they will ewentually get in while they are doing pve stuff, but more and more players are actually leaving the game because of the current state and the way devs treats wvw. There will be point, when most of people will get their achievments = less queues, but as soon as other wvw type of game comes out, serious gamers will be gone, so the maps will be empty. they should wake up much earlier, support gvg type of gameplay and come on… spvp-esport is a joke…

Exposing WvW to a wider audience isn’t going to kill it.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Exposing WvW to a wider audience isn’t going to kill it.

Agreed. This is the most fun I have in wvw in months.

You PvP guys should go back to PvP if that’s all you are interested in, you don’t want the “PvE buffoons” wasting your map space, there is a whole dedicated game mode for that, and if you want to ignore points like you ignore towers just to gank uplevels, you can try that as well.

What’s that? You don’t want to give up your OP food and guard leach? Too bad, then.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD