WvW is the Differentiator for GW2

in WvW

Posted by: Aeneasx.1589

Aeneasx.1589

It’s time Anet realized this.

Why do we receive such little content compared to the rest of the game?

I planned on making a long post, but now I’d honestly just like an accurate response from a Developer as to why WvW receives almost no attention compared to the other aspects of the game.

Most games get you excited about a patch, but if you’re a GW2 WvW player… you’ve probably just learned to fear patches and expect them to break rudimentary aspects of the portion of the game we love.

That doesn’t seem fair or right.

backstabd 22222222222222 finish
BSty
Sylvari Rouge

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And this couldn’t go into one of the 50 other threads about the exact same topic?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

And this couldn’t go into one of the 50 other threads about the exact same topic?

Yep…

I will add this in though, by estimate the WvW population is still a minor one in GW2. While it deserves some attention it is probably getting a fairly accurate percentage of development in comparison to the percentage of WvW players in GW2. PvE is way more popular at least in the first 12 months.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

Look at the previous posts of this guy, if he doesnt work for Arena.Net then he’s got a replica of Colin Johanson in his basement.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

In fairness if people are into running dungeons they haven’t gotten much attention either. 1 new dungeon in a year isn’t much to shout about.
The only new content they ever release is some pretty trashy mini games.
But yeah ill agree that wvw is the standout aspect of the game just because pve is dire really. Get zerker gear > hit 100b on cooldown > win.
Spvp is rubbish too as i’m sure the participation levels of players will show.

Pity they dont seem to realise it but obvious that every other developer does as open world rvr is included in every new mmo being developed.
Kind of sad that they introduced (or reintroduced) some really nice ideas to the genre and are leaving them to rot. Suppose someone else will rip off the idea and do a vaguely decent job of maintaining it and get all the money / credit for their ideas.

[Dius]

in WvW

Posted by: Siad.3608

Siad.3608

Look at the previous posts of this guy, if he doesnt work for Arena.Net then he’s got a replica of Colin Johanson in his basement.

The fact that you know who Colin Johanson is (I had to google it) says more about you being an ANet fanboy than any of his previous posts.

I Steal Vcrs
Basic

(edited by Siad.3608)

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

The fact that you know who Colin Johanson is (I had to google it) says more about you being an ANet fanboy than any of his previous posts.

lol wow, someones new to the forums…

dont gotta be a fanboy to notice the posts marked with red. and theres only a few active devs.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

Man how are you even allowed to post?

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Aeneasx.1589

Aeneasx.1589

Kind of sad that they introduced (or reintroduced) some really nice ideas to the genre and are leaving them to rot.

This.

backstabd 22222222222222 finish
BSty
Sylvari Rouge

in WvW

Posted by: Siad.3608

Siad.3608

Man how are you even allowed to post?

Oops thought you were talkin about the OP when you said that…sorry. :/

I Steal Vcrs
Basic

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Yep…

I will add this in though, by estimate the WvW population is still a minor one in GW2. While it deserves some attention it is probably getting a fairly accurate percentage of development in comparison to the percentage of WvW players in GW2. PvE is way more popular at least in the first 12 months.

Honestly though, how much of this is due in part to the absolutely terrible reward system you find in WvW? Killing a lvl 15 boss in a starter zone gets you more of a rearward from killing a 50+ player zerg.

There is literally zero incentive to play this game type other than to just be playing it.

It’s shallow, there is no reward, it’s more difficult, and ANet pays no attention to it…

What other outcome was expected of such a game type…?

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Oh wait but the loot bags from the zergs…wait I just killed 50 people I see 2 bags, spikes what the hell! kitten it

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)