WvW match-up chains

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Dukotje.4382

Dukotje.4382

So… for once again, our 5th week in a row the matchup [Ring of Fire – Arborstone – Drakkar Lake] is happening… this is total ****. for the love of god, please, change the match-up system immediatly… this is not working properly. Drakkar lake and Arborstone are showing the same behavior always… blobbing up with 70 man on each border to outrun 40 defenders on Ring of Fire. Drakkar has several attempts on “outsmarting” Ring of Fire. They failed badly. while we are loosing more and more numbers during this chain of kittenty match-ups. i am asking you. Change the wvw systems please!!
5 weeks in a row, the same match-up over and over again, while your server just doesn’t care, Trying to LOOSE points to get better match-ups. Thats not how it supposed to go, is it?
once again. i am asking you to take a look and change this, as soon as possible!!

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

Trust me I feel your pain. TC has been stuck with JQ and BG for god knows how long now, it’s the reason why I don’t WvW anymore. When we drop down to tier 2 for a week or two I’ll rejoin WvW, not saying TC stay in tier 2, but a break from Tier 1 would be refreshing and worth playinv WvW again.

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Trust me I feel your pain. TC has been stuck with JQ and BG for god knows how long now, it’s the reason why I don’t WvW anymore. When we drop down to tier 2 for a week or two I’ll rejoin WvW, not saying TC stay in tier 2, but a break from Tier 1 would be refreshing and worth playinv WvW again.

I moved from Tarnished Coast after recently moving to TC thinking maybe they would be able to win one time out of four or five, but, because they have no way of winning and are in the wrong tier as many servers are now I was forced move again.

Losing week after week is demoralizing even in a game.

Guess Anet wants to keep people spending money for moves by not fixing WvW.

Anet, many servers are in the wrong tiers.

Anet, when are you going to switch the servers into their correct tiers?

Anet , when are you going to listen to anyone in WvW at all?

How many times and in how many ways can the thousands of us say it before you will fix the tiers?

I understand why anyone would have issues with losing week after week without any hope of winning, ever.

Please, fix WvW.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Jarrix.8234

Jarrix.8234

Peeper, we love you!

Please come back!

Kayku
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Twinbros.5372

I moved from Tarnished Coast after recently moving to TC thinking maybe they would be able to win one time out of four or five, but, because they have no way of winning and are in the wrong tier as many servers are now I was forced move again.

How many times and in how many ways can the thousands of us say it before you will fix the tiers?

I understand why anyone would have issues with losing week after week without any hope of winning, ever.

Please, fix WvW.

I’m VERY much considering a transfer myself. I love TC, I think we have the best community by far, very friendly! But yea, losing every week sucks, and I don’t go into WvW to fight for 2nd place. We just don’t have the numbers to actually shot for 1st place, and we all know in WvW numbers > skill of the players. Sooo I’m looking at Tier 2 servers and more specifically SoS.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Please, fix WvW.

I’m VERY much considering a transfer myself. I love TC, I think we have the best community by far, very friendly! But yea, losing every week sucks, and I don’t go into WvW to fight for 2nd place. We just don’t have the numbers to actually shot for 1st place, and we all know in WvW numbers > skill of the players. Sooo I’m looking at Tier 2 servers and more specifically SoS.

Lol?

And what happens when TC loses enough players that SoS moves up to tier 1 and takes TCs spot as perpetual loser. Do you then transfer again just so you can win?

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

The gap between Arborstone’s rating and Baruch Bay’s rating is more than 100 which means they can never swap places due to the limits in the matchup calculation.

Only way to solve this is for more guilds to transfer to Arborstone so they win by a much bigger margin (this is a hint to all you french guilds that are jumping ship from Viz/JS – stop going to international servers).

Or Anet manually bring them up, which they’ve done before for T8 NA. Someone just needs to bring it to their attention.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

atheria.2837

Peeper, we love you!

Please come back!

This is an example, Anet, of the base cowards who griefed me each and ever day and every single time I popped my tag.

There are some very unkind creeps in Guild Wars and in every mmo, but I have never been personally trolled before – Anet has serious stalking issues.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Twinbros.5372

Please, fix WvW.

Lol?

And what happens when TC loses enough players that SoS moves up to tier 1 and takes TCs spot as perpetual loser. Do you then transfer again just so you can win?

I’ll stick with SoS for awhile, but yea if it becomes the new TC I’d transfer again. I don’t mind losing every now and then. But NEVER coming in 1st …nope not doin it.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

atheria.2837

Please, fix WvW.

Lol?

Blix -

Trolling is against the Terms of Agreement.

That said, I didn’t go to JQ or BG – those servers aren’t getting any meaningful fights since the third server, Tarnished Coast, is not and has not had Tier 1 population at least since the end of the last season when so many bailed – like so many bailed off winning and losing servers before and will again.

The tiers need to be adjusted. Period.

Take your trolling to another game. It’s not welcome in this one.

SOS should be up farther than TC… it’s a fact they better get used to. TC can’t win without coverage and numbers, neither of which they have against to much larger servers.

(edited by atheria.2837)

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Deli.1302

Please, fix WvW.

Lol?

I’ll stick with SoS for awhile, but yea if it becomes the new TC I’d transfer again. I don’t mind losing every now and then. But NEVER coming in 1st …nope not doin it.

lol this guy

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

atheria.2837

Please, fix WvW.

Lol?

From what I have seen in score ratios, SOS should be in Tier 1.

TC should be around where HoD is now.

If the players are happy losing week after week, they can stay clear of the forums and live in blissful misery – but I won’t just sit here and be beaten by virtue of incorrect matching rather than no interest.

Some servers have a WvW community.

Others, not so much.

The servers with strong, healthy communities will rise to the top of WvW eventually – that’s where all good players will settle in the long run.

I will bet the “good” servers are in building mode right now, they welcome good players from any server and never grief or exclude them for the choice they wrongly made about servers in the past.

I was on HoD from beginning to end of our winning season this year.

I was on FA from the beginning until the end of the first WvW season.

I have been on and part of winning on two servers. It’s more fun to win, yes, but it’s more important to have a community where people talk to one another in map chat as well as comms, when necessary, and not leave out those who can’t hear – which is happening a lot now – so many forget that many have hearing issues or are deaf.

WvW deserves better than the devs have given it.

sPvP with just five players per side means more to them and that makes no sense at all.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

Please, fix WvW.

and what are you “winning”?

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

atheria.2837

and what are you “winning”? [/quote]

How about a context to your “question” which isn’t one…?

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They had fixed the matchups like a year ago but then they broke them again when they last change the maths behind it.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Dukotje.4382

They really need to so something about it… servers are loosing on purpose because their calculators are kitten…

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

The gap between Arborstone’s rating and Baruch Bay’s rating is more than 100 which means they can never swap places due to the limits in the matchup calculation.

Only way to solve this is for more guilds to transfer to Arborstone so they win by a much bigger margin (this is a hint to all you french guilds that are jumping ship from Viz/JS – stop going to international servers).

Or Anet manually bring them up, which they’ve done before for T8 NA. Someone just needs to bring it to their attention.

Some guild already transfered to AS thats why AS suddently boosted from bronze. But sadly that gap is more powerfull than those guilds.

ANET COME ON CAN YOU LOOK ON THIS ISSUE? WHAT ABOUT MANUAL SYSTEM NEXT WEEK?
#BREAKTHECHAINS

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

It does get kind of boring logging on after work on Friday and seeing the exact same opponents every single week. Even worse, my server is also the exact same color every single week. I want to finish some WvW mapping for a second character but even the color hasn’t changed in what seems like months now.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

I wouldn’t spend the gems to transfer down to T2 just yet. Supposedly the T2 servers are done tanking their matchups and SoS is making a push for T1.

JQ subsidiary

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Deli.1302

I wouldn’t spend the gems to transfer down to T2 just yet. Supposedly the T2 servers are done tanking their matchups and SoS is making a push for T1.

Did you even read the op?

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

Please, fix WvW.

What do you actually get for winning? 2 extra greens and that “oh” 1 second as you open those jiggly chests. Im on TC and I can find fun, I never look at the points, but I count winning as.. did i have fun in my playtime tonight.. well hell yeah, since nothing like winning a fight against the odds and that LOL moment when you got ran over and jumped on.

If people keep transferring around for that easy win then tbh there is no real competition, Piper (if thats you) then tbh TC is better off now with all your negativity that was constantly in /m. Also by choosing not to play WvW because not winning meaning being 1st then you become part of the problem too.

Why anyone that wants real fun, and I mean actual playing of WvW not PvD karma train are choosing to always transfer to those that are winning, atheria has been constantly knocking TC since they transferred off HoD and I’m presuming transferred from some other losing server before that. Il choose that outnumbered server anytime over the roflstomping one since thats when a community builds its backbone, thats when real fun can be had since its not just running around in a circle but working together and TC does that.

In short, you dont have to be on the “winning side” to have fun, you just need to get yourself out there and find it. I personally think all Toasties are great

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

Transfer then.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

TC come back tier Tier 2, Fort Aspenwood is missing you.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Servers that are 16th and 17th have 70 man blobs every map?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Hule.8794

Screenshot from DL bay which was in hold of 15 Rangers on Fire.
Then there is EO blob on AS homeland map.
And while this screenshot was taken, they had group on our bl.
DL got a little less numbers. Its usualy 2 guilds groups running together on 2 maps. One attacking, one defending.
I dont count EB because that is full always.

Attachments:

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Twinbros.5372

Transfer then.

Will on Aug 25th. That’s the deadline for TC to drop to tier 2

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Ohbe.9761

Ohbe.9761

Please, fix WvW.

Lol?

From what I have seen in score ratios, SOS should be in Tier 1.

TC should be around where HoD is now.

If the players are happy losing week after week, they can stay clear of the forums and live in blissful misery – but I won’t just sit here and be beaten by virtue of incorrect matching rather than no interest.

Some servers have a WvW community.

Others, not so much.

The servers with strong, healthy communities will rise to the top of WvW eventually – that’s where all good players will settle in the long run.

I will bet the “good” servers are in building mode right now, they welcome good players from any server and never grief or exclude them for the choice they wrongly made about servers in the past.

I was on HoD from beginning to end of our winning season this year.

I was on FA from the beginning until the end of the first WvW season.

I have been on and part of winning on two servers. It’s more fun to win, yes, but it’s more important to have a community where people talk to one another in map chat as well as comms, when necessary, and not leave out those who can’t hear – which is happening a lot now – so many forget that many have hearing issues or are deaf.

WvW deserves better than the devs have given it.

sPvP with just five players per side means more to them and that makes no sense at all.

TC belongs where HoD is? As much as a CD native I’d enjoy fighting TC karma trains. You don’t belong where HoD is. You belong exactly where you are when your server went out recruiting from other servers. You overran opposing servers on a consistent basis when you were in T2. Just because you are unable to get close to a 1st place finish doesn’t mean you don’t belong there.

And sorry if this is offensive to you, but the reason some folks are finding your complaint humorous is because of your history. FA for S1, finished 1st Silver League. HoD for S2, finished 1st Silver League. All of which were stacked servers in their league, meaning free winning streaks. It comes off more that you just want to win.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Twinbros.5372

Please, fix WvW.

What do you actually get for winning? 2 extra greens and that “oh” 1 second as you open those jiggly chests. Im on TC and I can find fun, I never look at the points, but I count winning as.. did i have fun in my playtime tonight.. well hell yeah, since nothing like winning a fight against the odds and that LOL moment when you got ran over and jumped on.

If people keep transferring around for that easy win then tbh there is no real competition, Piper (if thats you) then tbh TC is better off now with all your negativity that was constantly in /m. Also by choosing not to play WvW because not winning meaning being 1st then you become part of the problem too.

Why anyone that wants real fun, and I mean actual playing of WvW not PvD karma train are choosing to always transfer to those that are winning, atheria has been constantly knocking TC since they transferred off HoD and I’m presuming transferred from some other losing server before that. Il choose that outnumbered server anytime over the roflstomping one since thats when a community builds its backbone, thats when real fun can be had since its not just running around in a circle but working together and TC does that.

In short, you dont have to be on the “winning side” to have fun, you just need to get yourself out there and find it. I personally think all Toasties are great

For a lot of people winning is the fun.

Like i said before, I don’t mind losing from time to time. But NEVER coming in 1st place just isn’t fun. And coming in 2nd only because it’s the “off winning” week for either BG or JQ isn’t fun either.

As for my adding to the problem, I had been playing WvW every week since the tourny up until recently and things have only gotten worst. I for one am tired of busting my kitten only to come in 3rd. Why on earth would i actively choose to put myself through more misery and play in constantly outnumbered matches? To fight for 2nd against a realm who knowing it isn’t their arranged week to win has half their forces playing? And yes Tier 1 has arranged wins, hence the BG win one week followed by the JQ win the next.

There is no real competition because TC isnt competition for the other two servers. Hence why we never come in 1st.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Yeah OP wants Anet to fix a stale matchup.. don’t hold your breath sorry buddy. I was responding to the T1 people ready to take things into their own hands. Teir 2 servers brag about tanking matchups to stay out of T1, sorry guys they may be the problem the game is getting stale. But that could be over now.

JQ subsidiary

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Twinbros.5372

Yeah OP wants Anet to fix a stale matchup.. don’t hold your breath sorry buddy. I was responding to the T1 people ready to take things into their own hands. Teir 2 servers brag about tanking matchups to stay out of T1, sorry guys they may be the problem the game is getting stale. But that could be over now.

Nah they wont push for T1, no one is buying that.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Meh…My server has been stuck getting the same servers for a few weeks. It really just sucks because the servers we get stuck with outnumber us so much, that even though we can fight them pretty well and win in open-field fights a lot of the time, eventually they just wear us down and overrun us with taking our stuff. And I know there’s no real reward for winning the weekly matches, but it is kind of frustrating for a server to week after week get the same servers that just outnumber them so that they don’t really have a chance to win.

I also really don’t like the whole transfer-to-win thing. I mean..that doesn’t help balance the servers at ALL. So idk how you can be complaining about imbalanced match-ups while saying you’ll transfer to win. Plus I don’t really get the point of transferring to win. I feel like the fun of winning is the pride you get from it, that you achieved and earned something. But that only really happens if you..worked for it in the first place. If you simply transfer and stack a server to win, what have you worked for? You didn’t do kitten. My server may not be the best, but I’ll stick with it to the end. And then, when we do achieve things-even though they may not be t1 or anything-, I’ll be able to feel good because we overcame crap like being outnumbered and repetitive match-ups and worked to get to a point to achieve something.

For people who want to take WvW as a competition and want to win, I’d think you would feel the same. Server pride and working to be good and win because you did that work and you were good. Not winning because you stacked a server to win.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Yeah. It’s stale. I feel like there isn’t much point in playing anymore.

In the case of our server over the last 6 matchups (even though the actual matches have changed), there has been one server that has an absolutely huge population and coverage at all hours of the day, and then 2 other servers (us and someone else) that are essentially just fighting for second place, with the one server almost always at double our points. We lost second place in the last 2 matchups by a few hundred points, whereas trying for first for either of the other two servers was downright impossible.

Add to that that all of these matches have had the other 2 servers actively hitting the reset button on our BL at least a few times a day while not touching each others’ and it’s just another week of “oh, yay, this crap again.” It’s stale, there are few decent fights to be had, and a vast gap in population and point difference between the first place server and the other two below it.

Working as intended!

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

How about a context to your “question” which isn’t one…?[/quote]

It’s a simple question that requires a simple answer. What are you winning by your server coming in 1st? Proof that you can PPT the most? or those ultra profitable extra shiny chests that you get? I’m curious

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

I don’t mind losing, but playing against the same two servers for weeks and weeks and weeks with no end in sight is just boring. Take a look at the match-up history, Anet, and manually adjust as needed for the next reset, so servers don’t always have to face the same enemies.

RoF

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Dukotje.4382

And just changing collors every week IS NOT a change to the match-up. that doesn’t help kitten…..

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

Its just crazy to me that they don’t make some sort of effort to balance the servers. Personally, I don’t think server merges are in order, but just take some from the top and give to the bottom and bam won’t be a stale matchup again!

Also, why are there EU servers? Now that would be kinda interesting.. merge the EU servers with the NA ones (and find good counterparts) and there ya go also.

Ev
[SQD]

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Twinbros.5372

Its just crazy to me that they don’t make some sort of effort to balance the servers. Personally, I don’t think server merges are in order, but just take some from the top and give to the bottom and bam won’t be a stale matchup again!

Also, why are there EU servers? Now that would be kinda interesting.. merge the EU servers with the NA ones (and find good counterparts) and there ya go also.

While TC could certainly use more EU presence, I don’t think merging EU servers with NA servers is the right idea. For starters communication issues would be made plenty, I for one wouldn’t assume all Europeans can speak english just as I doubt every American can speak German, French, Italian, Russian or Spanish.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Hule.8794

Hey Anet,
dont make it 6 weeks please. Even changing AS for Vizu would be kind of good for us.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

merge eu and na why? so eu gets increased ping while na doesn’t have to worry about off times?

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Hey Anet,
dont make it 6 weeks please. Even changing AS for Vizu would be kind of good for us.

Looks like AS is not even winning this week, why should any match-making send them into a more difficult match?

merge eu and na why? so eu gets increased ping while na doesn’t have to worry about off times?

There would be a way:

• 16:00-24:00 UMT the servers hosting all the wvw-match are based in EU
  • 24:00-8:00 UTC the servers hosting all the wvw-match are based in US
  • 8:00-16:00 UTC the servers hosting all the wvw-match are based in East Asia

This way the majority of player always have a good connection in their prime-time, only the off-time player (with respect to the timezone they are based in) would have a long line.

Of course not on owned computer, but rented ones and maybe it would need a short-state transmission break.

Would of course fit perfectly to time-sliced matches, then not even states, but only player-infos have to be transmitted:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Night-protection-1/3281118

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Hule.8794

Looks like AS is not even winning this week, why should any match-making send them into a more difficult match?

AS pushed hard for several weeks but now they are almost ignorign this MU same as we on RoF. But DL still wants to be first, just because of to be first.
Or you really think that stomping for 5 weeks any competitors without much resistance would not get them bored soon? Other MU would just made players play again.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Hule.8794

Thanks Anet /15 chars needed

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Same bullkitten matchup again despite us being completely destroyed in the last one (and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that). Keep up the good work!

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Hule.8794

What server you are on Ark?
We on RoF are really happy with this matchup.
We never fought spanish guys before, we fought AS and DL for 5 weeks and now we can see AS is fighting higher tiers with success, we know we did not suffer for nothing.
Lets just hope final rating after this MU will reflect how AS is doing and how BB is doing too.

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

atheria.2837

How about a context to your “question” which isn’t one…?

It’s a simple question that requires a simple answer. What are you winning by your server coming in 1st? Proof that you can PPT the most? or those ultra profitable extra shiny chests that you get? I’m curious

[/quote]

Winning gives the server a reason to go in again NEXT week and try to win again.

That said, some servers are not given the opportunity to win by skill, they are hit by overwhelming and unbeatable numbers just because the servers are mostly in the wrong tiers.

Winning once in 3 weeks isn’t asking for a lot – some servers haven’t won AT ALL since the end of the 2nd WvW season which makes for transfers and lower numbers on servers that can’t win no matter what.

What do we get for winning? Morale.

(edited by atheria.2837)

WvW match-up chains

in WvW

Posted by: Lynx Rufus Californicus.2958

Lynx Rufus Californicus.2958

Anvil Rock chiming in from 23rd in NA… going against 18 and 19. The lowest tiers will remain in the cellar as long as this continues, and the exodus will only exacerbate the issue.

No one likes losing all. the. time. Yet here we are, outmatched before the game even starts. And I won’t even mention the poor folks over in Sorrow’s Furnace at 22nd, facing off against NSP (16) and DH (17). Five and six ranking levels above them.

I can’t speak for them, but I can’t honestly say that WvW is a lot of fun being point-farmed by blobs.