WvWvW is meant for all level players

in WvW

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

As the title says WvWvW is meant for all level players

“WvW is accessible to characters immediately after the tutorial instance and players joining WvW will have their level and attributes dynamically adjusted to level 80. Skills, traits, experience and equipment can be obtained within WvW, so character progression can be done without ever needing to switch to PvE. Each character on an account has separate progress via World Experience, which can be used to unlock beneficial WvW-specific traits. "

It’s a shame that some self appointed e-bullies try to tell/force others how they should play or enjoy the game and to exit WvWvW/not to run with the zerg etc. Low levels toons are not breaking any rules by the TOS or EULA so to those that don’t like low level players well too bad and please stop filling up the chat with your needless arguing and fight the enemy and not each other on your server. Play the game your way and others will play their way while everyone needs to learn to get along.

Have a nice day!

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

I’ve leveled 2 characters from 1 to 80 in W3 so far. It makes little sense to me to wait until level 80 to try and figure out how to play your class on the battle fields.

I can’t remember once being scolded for having an up-level running around. Even if I had, it wouldn’t have discouraged me.

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

in WvW

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

Playing now with level 54 character, started with level 2. I have done personal story, skills challenges and few hearts. I did level one character totally in WvW. Haven’t seen anyone complain about playing up-leveled character, so lucky to be in server that is not so elitist. Up-level character serves as great decoy, can easy pull ten people after you from zerg.

[Hex]

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

WvWvW is 90% of what I do in GW2, after the first time I’ve explored the PvE map it stopped being fun, I’ve leveled three characters so far mostly in WvWvW and I don’t see that changing for any future characters.

I think some people get upset at lower level players because they believe they’re pretty much “rally bait”, that arrow next to your name turns you into a target and you will have no chance against a geared level 80 player who is competent, you’ll go down and one of theirs gets up. You’d think people would be happy that their server mates at least showed up lol.

Your best bet is to use a ranged weapon and try to bring as many group friendly skills as you can. They stay alive, you stay alive.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

The only time I don’t like upleveled players is when we’re running an organized, untagged guild zerg and an upleveled player falls in with us. We’ve lost fights more than once due to squishy uplevel players, or non-guild glass cannons, rallying half the enemy zerg.

At the end of the day, though, you just have to deal with it. It’s not like our guild owns the game or anything. Just part of what you have to deal with.

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Only problem I have with upleveled chars is if I’m trying to have a 1v1 and I almost down the enemy, but wait, some random uplevel charges in and dies almost instantly so that once the enemy player does go down he gets a free rally giving him the short duration invulnerability and health advantage which usually results in my death. So now whenever I see the random uplevel charge blindly into a fight, I just sit back let the other guy kill him real quick and then engage. Occasionally you get them saying things like “Thanks for the help noob!”, but I prefer that to repair bills :p.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Actually as far as I can tell WvW was designed for everyone BUT good players, so you should be ok.

The issue in my opinion with up-levels is not their level, it’s how they play as an up-level. Play your class in a way that works with the up-level system and you can contribute in a meaningful way, or do what most do and play a pure DPS build in crud gear dying in three hits. Seem’s like an obvious choice, but the bar is pretty low in WvW.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Greenies who stray too far from the herd get culled quickly.

I am not saying players should not level in WvW but be prepared to be at a significant disadvantage. If that doesn’t discourage a player, go for it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Uplevels shouldn’t get any flack for running with the zerg, defending and doing any kind of normal and helpful activities. As stated above though, uplevels shouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t welcomed with open arms when guilds are running organized raids – especially of the zergbusting nature, because uplevels are extremely easy to rally off of, which makes said groups objective much harder to achieve. I’ve leveled multiple characters in W3, its the most fun way to level. My guild holds karma train style alt leveling events almost daily. Lots of fun! There’s just some specific times where sub-80s shouldn’t be following along.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in WvW

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

who knows what could come from this thread? a “cant rally from a player thats 10 lvls lower than you” or something? :p

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

If the down state was removed or didn’t exist, do you realize how many people would leave this game? Lol it is the biggest crutch a game company has ever created besides stealth lol. Ez mode = Anet.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

MasterYoda.8563

Magische Boek.2530 “cant rally from a player thats 10 lvls lower than you” or something? :p”

Jscull.2514, “down state”

That has nothing to do with my OP in anyway shape or form.

GG Anet

(edited by MasterYoda.8563)

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

“WvW is accessible to characters immediately after the tutorial instance and players joining WvW will have their level and attributes dynamically adjusted to level 80. Skills, traits, experience and equipment can be obtained within WvW, so character progression can be done without ever needing to switch to PvE. Each character on an account has separate progress via World Experience, which can be used to unlock beneficial WvW-specific traits. "

It’s a shame that some self appointed e-bullies try to tell/force others how they should play or enjoy the game and to exit WvWvW/not to run with the zerg etc. Low levels toons are not breaking any rules by the TOS or EULA so to those that don’t like low level players well too bad and please stop filling up the chat with your needless arguing and fight the enemy and not each other on your server. Play the game your way and others will play their way while everyone needs to learn to get along.

Have a nice day!

All I do is WvWvW, and that is how I level my characters. No I never have more than 10g, max of 20g throughout all characters… If people do not like up-leveled players, just party with other low levels. More damage = more xp/bags. Also, as long as they are building correctly, condition damage is awesome at scaling at lower levels.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

There is a reason why I am a solo havoc player. What I have found is that I can go days and possibly weeks without dieing in wvw. Enter a situation where I am working with an ally and guaranteed they get me killed within an hour. I can understand the frustration of players who are playing with an inexperienced player. But those players do need to adapt either by joining an organized guild and using voice comms and working with their guild and not other players or what I did by only playing solo havoc. You cannot rely on pick up groups. It just doesn’t work.

in WvW

Bogey.5423

There is a reason why I am a solo havoc player. What I have found is that I can go days and possibly weeks without dieing in wvw. Enter a situation where I am working with an ally and guaranteed they get me killed within an hour. I can understand the frustration of players who are playing with an inexperienced player. But those players do need to adapt either by joining an organized guild and using voice comms and working with their guild and not other players or what I did by only playing solo havoc. You cannot rely on pick up groups. It just doesn’t work.

I don’t quite understand what you are saying. Going in zerg vs. zerg even fully geared up level 80 in full bunker build will die occasionally (e.g. arrow carts can kill). Sure, if your main goal is to avoid death at all cost, then it can be done. That just means that you have to make sure you can escape at all times. That really doesn’t help group play much when everyone is just looking out for themselves and flee at first sight of possible death.

You do realize that up-leveled does not mean inexperienced? No matter of gear or level will compensate dumb player or hinder intelligent one. Latter knows what the limitations of his up-level character are and plays accordingly.

Like you asserted that pick-up groups doesn’t work, I will assert that they do. Nevertheless that is neither here nor there, since it is not the topic of this thread.

[Hex]

in WvW

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

/shrug it might be for all levels, but the experienced/veteran players see uplevels as rally bait for either side which can get on your nerves. Never mind the fact x amount of the time they don’t have gear near their current level which makes them incredibly soft, ineffective as dealing damage/combing with others, and don’t have traits that give them more ability.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

sostronk.8167

I don’t quite understand what you are saying. Going in zerg vs. zerg even fully geared up level 80 in full bunker build will die occasionally (e.g. arrow carts can kill). Sure, if your main goal is to avoid death at all cost, then it can be done. That just means that you have to make sure you can escape at all times. That really doesn’t help group play much when everyone is just looking out for themselves and flee at first sight of possible death.

You do realize that up-leveled does not mean inexperienced? No matter of gear or level will compensate dumb player or hinder intelligent one. Latter knows what the limitations of his up-level character are and plays accordingly.

Like you asserted that pick-up groups doesn’t work, I will assert that they do. Nevertheless that is neither here nor there, since it is not the topic of this thread.

I have all classes at level 80 and have had them so for around 6 months. I have sandboxed various builds on each of them. From my perspective, if they are coming into WvW with an upscaled class, they are inexperienced comparatively with what I am at the same class. Also, your talking about zerg vs zerg. Zergs are for bads so I won’t bother going there and let them hold each others hands. I can and have 1v6 players in a fight, but when you have an ally you need more balance and I find I often have to compensate for them in attempts to get them out of trouble, which gets me in trouble. Its just so much easier to solo fights and its a lot easier to break combat when you don’t have to comm someone to gtfo.

in WvW

Bogey.5423

I have all classes at level 80 and have had them so for around 6 months. I have sandboxed various builds on each of them. From my perspective, if they are coming into WvW with an upscaled class, they are inexperienced comparatively with what I am at the same class. Also, your talking about zerg vs zerg. Zergs are for bads so I won’t bother going there and let them hold each others hands. I can and have 1v6 players in a fight, but when you have an ally you need more balance and I find I often have to compensate for them in attempts to get them out of trouble, which gets me in trouble. Its just so much easier to solo fights and its a lot easier to break combat when you don’t have to comm someone to gtfo.

So, if you had the power, you would kick everyone not as experienced as you from WvW even if they have full decked out level 80. That is essentially what you are saying. If someone does not measure up to your standard, they shouldn’t be there. Or you are still equating up-level with dumb player.

Rest is just rant how good you are and how others just hinder you, but nothing to do with up-level.

[Hex]

in WvW

sostronk.8167

So, if you had the power, you would kick everyone not as experienced as you from WvW even if they have full decked out level 80. That is essentially what you are saying. If someone does not measure up to your standard, they shouldn’t be there. Or you are still equating up-level with dumb player.

Rest is just rant how good you are and how others just hinder you, but nothing to do with up-level.

Not what I said at all. Maybe you should reread my first post in this thread before jumping to conclusions.

in WvW

Bogey.5423

Not what I said at all. Maybe you should reread my first post in this thread before jumping to conclusions.

I did read it and replied with quote. Explain, don’t just insist that I don’t understand you when I freely admit that I do not understand your arguments.

[Hex]

in WvW

sostronk.8167

I did read it and replied with quote. Explain, don’t just insist that I don’t understand you when I freely admit that I do not understand your arguments.

Well we got off on the wrong foot. You made assumptions that were wrong. You stated that I had beliefs that I don’t have. As far as I am concerned at this stage you can go float your boat.

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

I am actually surprised, as this is the first time I am seeing this post, and I truly thought there would be more complaints about this shortly after launch. As a whole, I think the GW2 players we have are a bit more mature than those encountered in other games in years past.

I agree, anyone should be able to play in WvW. Especially up-levels from other servers, as they are targeted first on inc and if I get downed.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Pewintodo.4138

Pewintodo.4138

It’s a shame that some self appointed e-bullies try to tell/force others how they should play or enjoy the game and to exit WvWvW/not to run with the zerg etc. Have a nice day!

You can always select to ignore them in chat channel. It’s true that some people seem to think it’s ok to hassle others and what usually happens is someone else reads that chat and decides to go back to PvE instead. The best solution is to be the last action hero. Be the guy who still has max supply when all others have used theirs. Be the person who has blueprints when nobody else has any.

A little humility goes a long way in wvw so if I see a newb put down an AC in a place I know it’s going to get trashed really quickly I help them build it. They learn more this way and don’t get discouraged from playing. I might also whisper that the spot where I’ve moved to would be better next time and explain why. The first AC may be a waste of supply but it’s one time only. Telling people not to do things only winds them up which results in a smaller team and less people following certain commanders. Personally I don’t chastise newbs for game mechanics like rallying which needs to be addressed.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

The up-leveling system and especially the up-arrow that mark them as easy targets (and with that discriminates them) is the problem not the other players.
The players are right, any up-leveled (esp with outdated equip.) weakens the army, especially the fact that downed go up when they die (and they die faster than a lvl 80 exo) is a serious disadvantage.

If every lvl should be in WvW: allow them to wear lvl 80 equip while in WvW and give them all traits and skills, while in WvW, just like in PvP.

And the up-arrow should mark anyone that does not wear complete lvl80 exo/asc, and not anyone that is not lvl 80.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarawk.8697

Ragnarawk.8697

I am currently leveling a necro in WvW. I really don’t see myself as a liability to my server, though. Being up-leveled has it’s advantages, if you play it right. It’s pretty easy to get 5-6 enemies to overextend into your zerg because they think they can get an easy down. I have peeled off large chunks of a flanking formation, having them chase me for an “easy kill”, leaving the rest of the flanking team to get swallowed. Even an up-level can keep enemies off of walls with marks, helping the siege teams to get gates down. My marks and wells still devastate enemies in bottlenecks and choke-points, and I have helped bust a blob open plenty of times. And to top it off, I don’t even get downed that much playing from the back lines. I am fairly certain that my server is better off with me on the field, than off it.

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

I’ve leveled 4 characters solely in WvW, and there are people who’ve done a lot more.

Yes you will be a weaker player, but then so is an 80 in green gear compared to one in exotic.

The only time when a person has some right to tell you to leave party, is if you are in a guild party that is setting up where they want geared 80s, I dont see any other excuse why someone would tell you to leave. But then what can they do, they cant stop you from following them.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

MasterYoda.8563

You can always select to ignore them in chat channel. It’s true that some people seem to think it’s ok to hassle others and what usually happens is someone else reads that chat and decides to go back to PvE instead. The best solution is to be the last action hero. Be the guy who still has max supply when all others have used theirs. Be the person who has blueprints when nobody else has any.

A little humility goes a long way in wvw so if I see a newb put down an AC in a place I know it’s going to get trashed really quickly I help them build it. They learn more this way and don’t get discouraged from playing. I might also whisper that the spot where I’ve moved to would be better next time and explain why. The first AC may be a waste of supply but it’s one time only. Telling people not to do things only winds them up which results in a smaller team and less people following certain commanders. Personally I don’t chastise newbs for game mechanics like rallying which needs to be addressed.

It’s not about me per say! Yesterday what the first time I’ve come across this negative behavior in game since the head start. Sure it’s fine to help players at any level constructively in positive manner I’ve no problem with and not really the issue here as it makes everyone better players at the end of the day. I’ve seen many level 80 players not knowing where to place siege so they can treb Bay etc and helped them out.

It’s another thing when players think they rule the server/s thinking they have right to control who can play WvWvW and at what level they have to be and how they must to do this or that else in a negative attitude. Thus the main reason for me making this thread to point out that WvWvW is meant for all level characters and hopefully some the ones getting bullied don’t stop playing WvWvW because some of the self appointed bullies. It just ridiculous to see the chat filled up needless BS when the severs should be focused on enemy and not each other. Oh and I do block the pointless arguning out!!

GG Anet

in WvW

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

Magische Boek.2530 “cant rally from a player thats 10 lvls lower than you” or something? :p”

Your OP is essentially a rant that did not offer any suggestions, points, or pose any questions. The people you are calling out are stating the fundamental reason for your experience and even offering their theory on how it could be resolved.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

in WvW

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

If I see people with upleveled and ask what should I do, tell:
1. just follow the zerg/people
2. Man the arrow cart by pressing F and use 1 2 3 to your heart content.

But seriously, if some people tell you to not play WvW in upleveled character, dont give it a kitten. But if they tell you, your gameplay is not good enough, it is criticism.

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I don’t play wvw much anymore because anet has made it apparent they don’t care about the hardcore wvw players. Or most any hardcore play for that matter. The thing I use to hate about upleveled toons was when the map was full and I would have 20+ level 80 with lots of experience trying to ge into a map. It would hurt our server performance because the best players , accounting for skill, knowledge and gear, could not get in to help

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yeah, they just need to get rid of rally in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Yes, you are taking up queue space if you bring your level 2 into WvW on a reset night. People should flame you for it.

There is nothing wrong with bringing your lowbie in, but try to do it at non-critical times.

in WvW

MasterYoda.8563

Your OP is essentially a rant that did not offer any suggestions, points, or pose any questions. The people you are calling out are stating the fundamental reason for your experience and even offering their theory on how it could be resolved.

This thread was made to remind people and to let people know that WvWvW is for all level toons regardless being new to the game ingeneral or someone leveling alts. Trying to help prevent players from getting discouraged by bad apples trying to bully them that is prety clear.

Those two people ARE NOT stating the fundamental reason for my experience as you try to claim.

GG Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Eyelusion.8205

Eyelusion.8205

OP needs to level up his ability to discuss in a forum without being so defensive. Does OP expect to post a topic and not have it discussed or possible solutions brought up?

Personally, I leveled up my main from about level 30 to 80 in wvw. I had a great time!

The way I enjoyed it and had no complaints from anyone against me was to do things like jump on siege, walk yaks, scout and help out on the back line of a zerg.

If you do go in at a low level, don’t have all your skills, don’t have maxed traits and don’t have great armor, expect to die a lot if you are running with others in open field or against zergs/groups where everyone is maxed on everything. If you get downed a lot, expect some to not be too happy that you keep rallying the enemy and possibly causing your team to lose the fight(s).

Does this mean you can’t run with the zerg? no. Just ask or learn if it is okay to run with certain groups if you are at a particular level. Most groups will let you know and many will say no biggie, jump in.

Extra hint: reset night is never a good time to go in low level.

Ele’s Pwn J00!

in WvW

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

It’s a shame that some self appointed e-bullies try to tell/force others how they should play or enjoy the game and to exit WvWvW/not to run with the zerg etc.
1) Low levels toons are not breaking any rules by the TOS or EULA so to those that don’t like low level players well too bad and please stop filling up the chat with your needless arguing and fight the enemy and not each other on your server.
2) Play the game your way and others will play their way while everyone needs to learn to get along.

Have a nice day!

This thread was made to remind people and to let people know that WvWvW is for all level toons regardless being new to the game ingeneral or someone leveling alts. Trying to help prevent players from getting discouraged by bad apples trying to bully them that is prety clear.

Those two people ARE NOT stating the fundamental reason for my experience as you try to claim.

sigh No one is trying to say e-bullying is right and you have it coming. Well maybe a few would. Anyway, your asking others to show some respect for the way you want to play, that’s great, I believe that should always be the case. However, your anger is causing you to miss the chance to understand why other people are angry and over reacting.
Your points
1) it’s not against the Eula or tos to be a low level so if you don’t like it too bad.
– you are correct, off to a rough start though.

2)play the game your way and let others play it their way.
– if you don’t like it too bad. (J/k)

An example would be a guild (not running a commander tag to avoid attracting pugs) is wiping a group twice their size, a green arrow goes down and just rezzed half their group (because of the downed state mechanics mentioned). Because you didn’t respect the way they wanted to play they will likely be upset like you are now. Still no reason to get offensive ofcourse.

Now a couple people have tried to add suggestions and create conversation that would make less hate for a green arrow such as removing the downed state mechanic (the #1 reason for the hate) or giving a level range on ressing from an uplevel. You have called the people out for not contributing yet have not said what your points are and seem to be opposed to discussing the issue that is the cause of your bad experience.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN