WvWvW is so empty!

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

There are literally three people on Eternal Battlegrounds in NSP, with so far I have found a whopping 6 SF and no IoJ in sight. I have never seen it this empty in an entire year, was there a major transfer or something that happened?

I haven’t seen any of our main commanders in a long time at this point, and even SBW isn’t akitteng in Lion’s Arch. Where are the people at?

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

There are literally three people on Eternal Battlegrounds in NSP, with so far I have found a whopping 6 SF and no IoJ in sight. I have never seen it this empty in an entire year, was there a major transfer or something that happened?

I haven’t seen any of our main commanders in a long time at this point, and even SBW isn’t akitteng in Lion’s Arch. Where are the people at?

Over crowding my servers warfronts

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Guess where they all are…Living Story. My server had more then 100 people doing them the other night and had like 7 commanders NONE of whom i had seen in WvW…EVER.

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Guess where they all are…Living Story. My server had more then 100 people doing them the other night and had like 7 commanders NONE of whom i had seen in WvW…EVER.

Nothing against LS, or PvE commanders, but literally no one is in WvW. I’ve never seen this before..

I honestly thing everyone just up and transferred. Anyone seen a Smitry, Strong Blue Wind or Mercenary Bodyguard in their WvW yet? :i

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Most people are farming the new PvE event. If you were smart, you would too because when they all earn 100’s of gold from these events and prices of food/oils skyrocket even more than they have already, you won’t be able to afford to be competitive in WvW.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Fryggenbart.3907

Fryggenbart.3907

players, commanders…. everybody does the pve-zerg this days

wvw needs some love and it needs it quite soon. hope it happens with the next build

Reta del Bratfish
Piken Square [EU]

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Everybody’s doing The Living Gold Far…uh I mean “Story”.

Whispers with meat.

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Everybody’s doing The Living Gold Far…uh I mean “Story”.

lol

We know what you mean.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Nothing against LS, or PvE commanders, but literally no one is in WvW. I’ve never seen this before..

I honestly thing everyone just up and transferred. Anyone seen a Smitry, Strong Blue Wind or Mercenary Bodyguard in their WvW yet? :i

Smitry had to take a Leave of Absence to finish school. Strong hasn’t done much WvW in months, and No word on Merc. I couldn’t even get half my guys out of LS stuff for our weekly practice and this has me concerned for reset. TBH I am getting very burned out with WvW right now. PvE players don’t want to join WvW guilds because there isn’t anything in it for them. WvW players can’t make any gold in WvW so they PVE just to keep up. A few of our WvW guilds have fallen apart or transferred to severs with a higher WvW population due to the decline in our own WvW numbers.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

BlazeQ.1095

players, commanders…. everybody does the pve-zerg this days

wvw needs some love and it needs it quite soon. hope it happens with the next build

This is Very Very true. I cant make money in WvW…. I can’t continue to pay for it either without farming this while I can. I hate it too

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I think it is a nice diversion. People will get bored with the content soon enough and go back to hunting players.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

You mean hunting doors straegen.

PAXA -GM

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

World vs World is Dead.

No loot.

No Achievement Points.

No gear skins worth getting.

No chance of a Legendary.

No making of anything resembling anything close to what could be considered “decent coin”.

No new content.

Lots of unfulfilled promises.

… but hey… they fixed the culling…

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

World vs World is Dead.

No loot.

No Achievement Points.

No making of anything resembling anything close to what could be considered “decent coin”.

No new content.

+1

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

World vs World is Dead.

No loot.

No Achievement Points.

No new content.

YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL YOU BABY. — GW2 apologists.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

When you have like ZERO additions to it in 12 months, no wonder.

Merchants etc are just minor improvements, I am talking real additions.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

World vs World is Dead.

No loot.

No Achievement Points.

No new content.

And don’t forget they changed colours and now we have greenish blue and blueish green!

Attachments:

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Fryggenbart.3907

Fryggenbart.3907

how could we forget the colours?
sry for all the complaining, the new colours are enough to keep us happy for the next months

uh, and i have another one: one super-duper-mastery, coming with every update
can´t wait for golem mastery: golems can place acs and catapults whereever they want for free

Reta del Bratfish
Piken Square [EU]

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah…. ANET should make a WvW related Living World content update……… otherwise WvW is dead….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Lutto.8745

Lutto.8745

World vs World is Dead.

No loot.

No Achievement Points.

No new content.

Pretty much this.. but hey you have a chance for PRECURSER IN CHEST!!!!!!
Has anyone actually gotten this? feels more like a lie to create hope than reality.

Member of [SoZ] GM of mEIGHT [mEJT]
S1/S2 Legend Engineer @ Gandara EU.

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

if friday’s livestream isn’t absolutely unbelievably amazing, these forums will somehow get 100 times more negative than they already are. can’t wait!

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

if friday’s livestream isn’t absolutely unbelievably amazing, these forums will somehow get 100 times more negative than they already are. can’t wait!

There better be nudity or else I will uninstall.

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

This always happens during new PvE content days.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I wish they would make WvW as profitable as these PvE events. Make people you kill always drop 50s or something like that. I bet we’d see a lot more people then in WvW.

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Ranger Hussy.9523

Ranger Hussy.9523

i quit w v w thanks to 2 guilds that have made it abundently known on our server small guilds and or / pugs aren’t welcome on thier g v g maps

Guild {PPP} Guild Leader

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

I wish they would make WvW as profitable as these PvE events. Make people you kill always drop 50s or something like that. I bet we’d see a lot more people then in WvW.

+1,000,000,000 to this!!!

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

World vs World is Dead.

No loot.

No Achievement Points.

No new content.

BOOM! Why play WvW they say, there’s no GOLD there they say. I AGREED with them!

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

World vs World is Dead.

No loot.

No Achievement Points.

No new content.

Summed.

It.

Up.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

World vs World is Dead.

No loot.

No Achievement Points.

No new content.

+1 for you

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Come to blackgate I quite NSP because that dreaded [Os] guild was the only reason we weren’t bottom tier and Os were all a bunch of kittens.

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Warming up my popcorn maker!

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Openish world – 117 bag slots, filled in 10ish minutes, 5+ gold in same time by pressing 1 & at times, 2-5/f1-4.

WvWs – months of grey spikes, lucky to make 1 gold, having to buy your own repair vendors/merchants/waypoint etc.

Hmm, can`t imagine why WvWs is turning into a ghost town….

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

WvWvW is just DULL there is no other way to put it.

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

Reset night tonight and I actually don’t give a toss who we get anymore.

Lurch
Gandara

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

World vs World is Dead.

No loot.

No Achievement Points.

No new content.

Substandard quality server(s).

Fixed it for ya. The difference in lag between PvE and WvW this week is massive – my connection is a smooth as ice with 200-man-roflzergs in the living story yet somehow my character is jumping around WvW in ways that only Schwarzschild could explain, even when there are probably fewer than 100 people on the map (in total). I have effectively been forced to play PvE – which I guess was NC’s goal to be fair.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Someone may have mentioned it already but…

It’s not just that the living story is so much more profitable, it’s that in the past few months they have ramped up the updates to the living story. An update every 2 weeks? People don’t get sick of farming the current story update before the next one comes out…there is never any “downtime” from the living story for the masses to hop into WvW…

You have to give them props, as far as the PvE/Story thing goes, that they are making changes so quickly. It keeps people going in that aspect of the game. The problem is this other aspect of the game gets updates at a snail’s pace in comparison, and so it is falling more and more behind.

Though I won’t be completely negative…some people have said we have gotten nothing in 12 months…we did technically get WvW ranks, as well as significant improvements to loot drops (still no where near PvE, but man remember the early days when you would hardly even get a single bag?)

EDIT:

Oh I’ll also mention this:

What do you think makes them more money? How many people who playing WvW exclusively buy things on the market? What is there to buy that you really need in WvW? A lot of the extra stuff doesn’t even work in competitive play, and all the silly costumes and stuff are pointless. The living story is a way to add new things to the marketplace, new things for people to buy with coin. WvW is a monetary dead end for them (in its current form). So without a subscription they need to focus on what they make money on. Now if they made it so like you needed to spend money to build siege or something, then WvW would be worth it for them….but then most of us wouldn’t play it I imagine.

(edited by drwookie.6391)

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

i quit w v w thanks to 2 guilds that have made it abundently known on our server small guilds and or / pugs aren’t welcome on thier g v g maps

Eh, you quit WvW because some crap guilds started kittening to you? That’d give me even more reason to stick around in WvW, and if possible get into some of their GvG fights for free loot bags (run in, tag them all, run out and collect loot).

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Maybe your server simply lack dedicated WvW guilds?

I know at least my server have had massive groups of people the last few days in WvW. And the same goes for at least one of our enemies as well.

Of course WvW takes a blow when new Living story stuff is released, but if you actually have a server that cares for WvW there will still be people doing it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

World vs World is Dead.

No loot.

No Achievement Points.

No new content.

+1

Funny a TC player says that.

1) Horizontal Progression, dont need loot.
2) Achievement points mean nothing. Its a game. Play for fun, not some score that wont matter in 2 years.
3) Play for fun, not for looks.
4) Ive gotten 2 ascended gear from it. Guess those dont count, eh?
5) Last night i earned 14 gold in 3 hours. I wouldnt call that “bad coin”
6) The world changes hourly in WvW, and I play different people every week utilizing different strategies. Guess you like the “content” that is facerolling skill 1 spam as guardian and not really caring what youre against.
7) Dont think a gaming company PROMISES anything. Sorry.

PVE players these days have been ruined by wow. Everything needs gear. Games are no longer just played for fun :/

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

Snip
EDIT:

What do you think makes them more money? How many people who playing WvW exclusively buy things on the market? What is there to buy that you really need in WvW? snip WvW is a monetary dead end for them (in its current form). So without a subscription they need to focus on what they make money on. Now if they made it so like you needed to spend money to build siege or something, then WvW would be worth it for them….but then most of us wouldn’t play it I imagine.

Thats why they have introduced the new gem store item WXP booster. This will probably be one of the more profitable items they have ever put in the shop as people (especially zergball nightcappers) start using it as a form of pay to win.

Lurch
Gandara

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Based on the timestamp, this happened mid afternoon NA, it’s rarely that busy at that point in the day.

all 3 servers had large groups going later in the evening and in the mornings there’s been pretty big battles between nsp and ioj.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

drwookie.6391

Snip
EDIT:

What do you think makes them more money? How many people who playing WvW exclusively buy things on the market? What is there to buy that you really need in WvW? snip WvW is a monetary dead end for them (in its current form). So without a subscription they need to focus on what they make money on. Now if they made it so like you needed to spend money to build siege or something, then WvW would be worth it for them….but then most of us wouldn’t play it I imagine.

Thats why they have introduced the new gem store item WXP booster. This will probably be one of the more profitable items they have ever put in the shop as people (especially zergball nightcappers) start using it as a form of pay to win.

I must have glossed over when that was added, never noticed. THey need those sorts of things otherwise there is no reason to advance WvW since it makes them no money.

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

WvW has become/or always was a game to farm.
Join the karma train and get rewards.
At the moment the reward is better somewhere else, so the karma train has moved too.

I hope they change WvW soon so it becomes about the fights.
Not the loot, or other rewards.
Being in a challenging hard fight should be rewarded.
Not some brainless no skill karma training.

So hard challenging fights = good and fun (should be rewarded)
Easy, no skill stuff = bad and mostly boring (should be less rewarded)
At the moment it is the other way around.
Meaning wvw attracts the brainless farmers.
And WvW players getting bored and quit.

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Basic of WvW = Points/Tick

So if you indeed zergball and karma train in WvW, yah, you’re farming. But the main concept of WvW is to have more PPT than your opponents, so that by the end of the week you have the most points..

(WvW outcome isn’t based on how many karma was earned by a specific server over an entire week)

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

World vs World is Dead.

No loot.

No Achievement Points.

No new content.

Pretty much this.. but hey you have a chance for PRECURSER IN CHEST!!!!!!
Has anyone actually gotten this? feels more like a lie to create hope than reality.

not that i know off. i get barely any yellows out of it. the best thing was 1 ascended ring. everything else is mostly blues.and i am rank 181 atm. and loot in wvw has gotten back to blues and whites and a few greens….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

The PvE events are worth a ridiculous amount of coin right now. Ive got some guildies who have had some decent drops from them as well (precursor). If I wasn’t a hardcore dedicated WvW players, I would not have touched WvW this week.

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

drwookie.6391

Join the karma train and get rewards.
At the moment the reward is better somewhere else, so the karma train has moved too.

I hope they change WvW soon so it becomes about the fights.
Not the loot, or other rewards.
Being in a challenging hard fight should be rewarded.
Not some brainless no skill karma training.

So hard challenging fights = good and fun (should be rewarded)
Easy, no skill stuff = bad and mostly boring (should be less rewarded)
At the moment it is the other way around.
Meaning wvw attracts the brainless farmers.
And WvW players getting bored and quit.

Any suggestions on how they measure “hard challenging fights” and then reward them appropriately? Not being sarcastic, but unfortunately that seems far more difficult than reward concrete objectives like tower defense/capture.

What would be the QUANTITATIVE (not qualitative) pieces of a challenging fight? Equal numbers? Length the fight lasts? If you increase rewards because your 5v5 is fighting for 30 minutes…that is too easily exploitable by both sides getting together and agreeing to drag it out. Do you punish someone when a fight is 5v5 for running into and helping (thereby making it 6v5 and no longer balanced)? It is much more difficult to decide a reward system around “challenging fights” which is a much more qualitative statement than “You captured this tower, +100 points awarded”.

Now one slight change they could do is adjust the rewards for objectives (Towers and such) based on the number of enemies present. You cap a tower that had 30 enemies defending it? You get a larger reward than that zerg that just stole a tower with no one there.

But then you could make the argument that perhaps no one was there because that zerg was ultra sneaky and they just stole that tower using grand strategy. Should that not be rewarded?

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

I was a hard core WvW player. Did not do the major living world stories, instead to have fun in WvW.

I was broke… poor and always under geared. I used karma to get up to AT LEAST decent level stats but the idea of having a PvE set and a WvW set was just crazy.

Then the 2 week living worlds started. I have no gone from around 10 gold to 90+ in about a month… ONLY farming like a casual and never getting any major drops (best was a 5 gold exotic)

The money in the market is skyrocketing and if you dont either already HAVE a lot of money… you better be farming or you will find you cannot afford anything anymore.

GW2 taught us to grind for fun with Ascended and the Fractals. Those that grind = rewarded. Those that dont… fall behind.

And now GW2 is simply another MMO in the long line of grind before the next game you move to games and will be a ghost town after EQNext and EDO probably.

As for WvW… once the servers are dead.. THEN they will focus on WvW in order to keep what remains of their playerbase around without the support structure (because most of the LS teams will have been fired by then) to do the LS anymore.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Drwookie

its simple, the more people used to do ANYTHING in wvw…the less of EVERYTHING you get. DONE bro, its not a new concept to gaming.

PAXA -GM

WvWvW is so empty!

in WvW

BlazeQ.1095

Hate that for ya. I don’t G v G, I think its a pretty cool concept though. One thing that bugs me in WvW is people getting upset because your not playing the content the way they want you to play it. My philosophy is have a good time. Be it by Zerging, Roaming, PVDoor, Epic 50+ people fights, or 3v1, and many many more things. Letting someone or some guild make you quit because they play in a style you don’t like, well that’s too bad.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP