WxP/Ranks and Silence.

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Hofulu.7325

Hofulu.7325

If for some reason, Arena Net can’t actually implement account bound ranks for a good reason, why don’t they say that?

Why don’t they say that they are aware people want it.
Why don’t they say that they are aware people do not like soulbound ranks and WxP?
Why don’t they say that they are aware?
Why don’t they even say that it is a difficult thing to implement, and like Guild Halls, they don’t want to do it until they find a way to do it that they really like.
Why don’t they say anything?
Why are they completely silent on the issue?

(edited by Hofulu.7325)

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Players like character progression, WvW numbers are up!

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Ralk.7106

Ralk.7106

I like the WxP system as is, specifically for the reason stated by ANet – character progression.

Now, it’s possible I’m in the minority. I have no idea. I don’t think the OP actually knows either.

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Because they’ve backed themselves into a corner by making a hard stance that contradicts player sentiment. They know that their position is wrong, but they’re too proud and stuck up to admit it.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

You’re anecdotal evidence is inaccurate.

I like it just the way it is.

SBI

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Hello. Id like to direct you to the thread about WvW being more alt friendly which an official response was recorded on. Its on the frontpage. This might help you in your search for information about helping level up your alts/account

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

If for some reason, Arena Net can’t actually implement account bound ranks for a good reason, why don’t they say that?

Why don’t they say that they are aware people want it.
Why don’t they say that they are aware people do not like soulbound ranks and WxP?
Why don’t they say that they are aware?
Why don’t they even say that it is a difficult thing to implement, and like Guild Halls, they don’t want to do it until they find a way to do it that they really like.
Why don’t they say anything?

As others have posted you are incorrect. Also Anet has made statements on most if not all the things you’ve asked. Just not in ever thread, just beacause players feel the need to start a thread up every few hours about the same thing doesn’t mean Anet needs to repeat themselves.

[DONE]

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

“I totally WvW for the character progression, the story line’s are great!”, said no one ever!

+1 for account bound WxP

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Devon Carver’s response on page 3
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Got-a-reply-to-account-bound-WvW-level/page/3

We will not be changing WvW ranks or WxP to be account bound. However, we are going to be implementing a host of changes that should make this seem less like some sort of punishment(a categorization I disagree with entirely) and more of a character progression system. The first step is the liquid WXP that is being added to the rank up chests which is account-bound. We are planning additional systems as well. Hopefully, as we continue to announce some of those changes, you will be happier with the system.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

yap, basically you only get 1 real character when you buy the game…any other character you build will only steal progress from your main… lol

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Hofulu.7325

Hofulu.7325

Didn’t see that actually, thank you for showing me that!

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

Devon Carver’s response on page 3
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Got-a-reply-to-account-bound-WvW-level/page/3

We will not be changing WvW ranks or WxP to be account bound. However, we are going to be implementing a host of changes that should make this seem less like some sort of punishment(a categorization I disagree with entirely) and more of a character progression system. The first step is the liquid WXP that is being added to the rank up chests which is account-bound. We are planning additional systems as well. Hopefully, as we continue to announce some of those changes, you will be happier with the system.

This personally saddens me. I do NOT see WXP as “character progression”. WXP are mainly abilities that apply to roles for WvW, not my character – siege use, supply, etc. The fact that I play roles that my guild or party needs rather than playing one character means that I CAN’T put all the WXP I’ve earned into those traits… so instead of being able to trait for siege damage and Ram use and supply use etc, I’m punished for my multiple character use and can only get a smidgen on each character. If all of the traits were actual character affecting like the guard attack/defense I’d understand… but it’s not.

Unfortunately the thought that account bound liquid WXP resolves this in any way is just not even remotely correct. Sure it means that those that only played one character could have a chance to still earn WXP for that character if they decided to frolic with a different class one day… but it does nothing for those that want to play multiple characters. I’m sure there are those that like having to cap/kill tens of thousands of things on each character and don’t mind that they have weaker WvW abilities than other people even though they’ve devoted more time to WvW than those other people… but until WXP only applies to character capabilities instead of WvW capabilities, not having it shared is bad.

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Players like character progression, WvW numbers are up!

The sad part is, Anet really does look at things in these terms. WvW numbers are up because achievement point hunters have arrived. They must absolutely love character progression too, or they wouldn’t be there! Right?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

When ANet mentioned they wanted more dialog between the players and the developers were you honestly under the impression this meant anything but the sPvP forum? Come on now… for a year they’ve never used any other forum why would you expect a change now?

I think the root of the problem is ANet doesn’t play their own game. They probably /level their character, have one fully geared instantly on command, and probably all play Warrior, Guardian, or Necro at this point anyway. They seem to be completely oblivious to how alts work and how players want to play their game.

They’ve had a horrible ascended weapon roll out.
They’ve had a horrible ascended loot in WvW roll out.
They’ve had a horrible blood lust roll out.
They’ve had a horrible WXP roll out.
Tequatl is a ghost town.
All content for the past 6 months has been gauntlet style mob spam..

If it’s not sPvP or living story focused it tends to be half baked at best. :/

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

They intend to sell gem store stuff because the game also wants to make money. WxP boosters are bought more if more leveling is needed(because of more ranks).

I also would prefer it it was accound bound but I know they aren’t going to change anything. It has more then once been mentioned that it will stay like this.

Now I just try to specialize and get stuff that fits to the play style of my class. AC maybe for everyone and a bit repair and build mastery(first one that increases from 2 to 4 which is 100 percent increase).

But certainly not all the other stuff for all classes… ram probably only for bunkerish char(still working there and PvE leveling to get to know the class – I want only use warrior as real bunker because if highest hp and heavy armor).

At my engineer(which is my main) I’m playing a build with not that many swiftness(just because I like other skills) and took the supply mastery here to get a bit additional speed. (Probably making him into a supply char and get all the stuff even the capacity – should I manage to reach that many ranks to get it maxed).

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Hello. Id like to direct you to the thread about WvW being more alt friendly which an official response was recorded on. Its on the frontpage. This might help you in your search for information about helping level up your alts/account

Hello. I’d like to direct you to the past year+ of ignoring customer feedback, promising productive change and delivering something entirely different from both what was requested and what was promised.

The “alt changes” will, at the very best and fairly unlikely, be account-wide queuing. Most likely, it will be something completely extraneous that has zero affect. There is also a small to medium chance it will be a raised middle finger.

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The sad part is, Anet really does look at things in these terms. WvW numbers are up because achievement point hunters have arrived. They must absolutely love character progression too, or they wouldn’t be there! Right?

Funny thing… achievements are… wait for it… ACCOUNT BOUND… boom.

Unlike character progression which is measured in hours, WxP levels are measured in days if not months. No way am I ever going to pour another 1.5k hours or more into a character to get maxed masteries.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

Personally I would like to progess with my account as a player and not just each character. Even if they made the ranks account bound it would still take an absurd amount of time to max it all out. And as someone who likes to play different characters, this is the worse part of WvW. I would say either take out the ranks or make them account bound.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

there are 9,945 ranks in wvw – enough said. gw1 , you hit level 20 and had a variety of choices of what to pvp with without losing anything. Someone drank too much red bull at this gw2 meeting.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

Anet: “Reached max WvW rank on your character and it only took you 4 years? congratulations! Don’t know what to do? Guess what? You can now play on another character which adds re-playability value and work on that WvW rank again! That is ANOTHER 4 years worth of gaming! No need to thank us :] "

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

Stopped playing my seven alts. It’s okay, they gather in Frostgorge for me now. Maybe I’ll be able to afk them in the overflow map and gain wxp one day!

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

Maybe I’ll be able to afk them in the overflow map and gain wxp one day!

That’s silly, why would you want to do that when that WxP could be going to your main :o

…curse Anet…

WxP/Ranks and Silence.

in WvW

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I would like to hear what the reasoning for character bound WXP is. I initially stopped using any character but my main because I cared about my rank. Then I decided I really wanted to play other characters, so simply had to stop caring about my rank. It’s just an element of the game that I’ve simply had to abandon. I can’t understand why such an Alt-unfriendly system was implemented.