Your funniest experience as a solo roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Lord.5687

Blood Lord.5687

1st off, I wondered what happened to you Heida.. now I know. Come back to BG!! lol
but this instance was literally the other day. I was doing some of my infamous solo roaming on my clone death build, and was in a 2v1 against this zerker SA thief and SA perplex condi thief at a south camp fighting for it. This fight lasted pretty long because SA is a lot of sustain and both simply just wouldn’t down, my clone death condis kept the zerker thief at bay while I focused the perplex thief, but basically they perma stealthed to heal those condis. I realized how long this fight is taking and knew eventually someone else(if not a zerg would show up to investigate the swords on this camp) and sure enough a glassy DD ele some hambow and mace shield gs war and 1 PU Mesmer and a shatter mesmer show up. Mind you at this point in time, The camp keeps spawning more npcs in my favor since it was BG’s. All the new roamers showing up I wrekt earlier that day either 1v1 or 2v1 so they came in looking for that young rematch and once they saw I was at the scene, They began trying to find me within my army of clones. But noticing there was 2 thieves and now a warrior there as well the fight quickly turned into into a BG vs TC vs JQ.Q roaming brawl for south camp. Being a slippery Mesmer, I just stayed away from the frontline battle between the ele the wars and thieves. I stayed on a Mesmer who just wasted her decoy for no reason in the fight, the perplex JQ thief saw what I was doing and decided to join in on my effort to take her down. Sure enough the Mesmer was stomped, but within this time the glassy dd ele was downed as well. As I stealthed stomped him while the enemy PU Mesmer was trying to rez him. So now what was an 8 man brawl has now turned into a 5 man fight. The zerker thief kept focusing the GS war who kept eating nasty Backstabs, being a mage as a Mesmer I used my clone death to keep the fight under my control since there was no mage to counter control the fight. Besides the PU Mesmer who frankly doesn’t understand how to mage.. So since the gs war was low he seemed to be focused by everyone and just downed. The perplex thief got the stomp. Now leaving this fight Me vs still 2 JQ thieves and a TC hambow war and a PU Mesmer. Somehow the hambow war stun locked the zerker thief and the perplex thief didn’t go for a rez. In the same time I kept my focus on the Mesmer, which kind of was my mistake since she was PU. The hambow warrior quickly changed his focus to me and snared me with him bow 5. And at that time I had no mantras up to clear those condis. So I was stuck in a bad spot with my elite which is lyssa runed was on a 5 second cd. So I died to those bleeds unfortunately. But that sa thief off in the distance was stomped by the enemy PU Mesmer getting me back up to fight again ( all my WvW stacks gone now ). Luckily the perplex thief focused the hambow war with all those PD condis and he seemed to just down. That moment when you see someone panic due to the condis on them you know they are gonna die. So he downs I get the stomp. Whats left is some stealthy people. Which the PU Mesmer blinked out of the whole fight as a whole and decided to run. I said eff the camp since by this time JQ capping it they wouldn’t get the ppt tick. So I chased the enemy Mesmer killed her. And right when I thought it was all over That same perplex thief came to try and clean up whats left of me. I decide to run a bit to reposition and a kite via clone death til my cooldowns are back up. But being hes a PD thief his torment kind of made me stay in the area I was. Through a well fought 1v1, I had many condis on him and he was out of shadow refuge, I was out of mantra cleanses, and his only way to clear his condis was to CND off me which I quickly Distortion leaving him unable to stealth. He had 16 seconds of bleeding ticking away on him and with no enemy NPC to stealth off of my bleeds got the best of him. But since I had like 8 stacks of confusion on me I didn’t make a single move because it would be the death of me. But in his down state he starts to auto downing me. So it was fight to the bitter end. Mesmer down state soo good, confusion on autos vs his auto. I was winning, since he kept attacking while confused. And as soon as I get up that JQ zerker thief find me getting up and heartseeker spams me. I said to myself REALLY? Why did he come back to the scene of the crime… But probably one of the more epic roaming fights ive ever had in my time playing this game. Such intensity Much wow

Majestic Royales ~ Champion Illusionist (R80)
Apex Prime [ApeX] , BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Lord.5687

Blood Lord.5687

sorry for the lengthy post but I thought it worth mentioning to get the whole picture

Majestic Royales ~ Champion Illusionist (R80)
Apex Prime [ApeX] , BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

10 ppl jumped off a cliff beside me and landed with like 2 hp’s each, 2 aoes and I had downed all 10 of them on my engy.

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Wow that was quite the experience you had. What an intense brawl. I love those type of roaming scenarios too. I accidentally transferred to sor. It actually became a great thing. I got to experience tier 2 and 3 and possibly tier 4 soon too. It is a complete different environment and type of players going against these servers that so far I am enjoying as well. However, I’m BG since beta so definitely will be back but not sure when.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

One time me I was flipping camps on EB with my guildie. When we got to Speldan, we couldn’t flip as it was fully upgraded with 3-5 Yak Bend guys constantly guarding it. They built balistas and acs. Everytime we killed one, they hard rezzed him and taunted us with laugh emotes. So I lured that tree champ that spawns nearby into camp, it killed all the npcs and the players too for us

The first time I was moa’d, I had no idea what to do and reading skill tool tip would kill me so I just spammed all the skills and watched the mesmer being pecked to death

Last week Underworld zerg decided to flip our keep, tons of golems, the usual. In these situations I try to at least give them hard time killing the lord. My HP was low when I got jumped by S/P thief. I am zerker so PW hurts a lot, didn’t expect to survive, heal and everything on cd. Then last refuge kicked in, the PW still hit me once or twice before I got out… with 1HP letf! I don’t have shadow reju so all I was thinking was OMGKITTEN KITTEN. Somehow none of the random aoe and other dmg flying around hit me and I got out.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: MiniMe.1960

MiniMe.1960

Explain or show video link to your most funniest experience as a solo or small group roamer. I’ll start by stating mine that just took place a few minutes ago. While I was solo roaming i noticed a member from my server downed but not out near a high cliff. Close to him are 3 thieves doing /laugh emote without finishing him. I go in without fear to try to save this guy from their left side. My ele is a burst non-glassy s/f wep type so i figured if I can get at least one of the thief downed and killed by my devastating fiery greatsword combo then there will be 2v2 and a sure win for us. Needless to say my fiere greatsword skill 4 + lightning flash fails to execute to a single spot due to an unexpected lag. Instead it does the fire trail hitting all 3 thieves that were on a straight line. My guess is none of them saw me coming and when they got hit hard out of nowhere they used withdraw healing skill… making them roll back and fall off the high cliff. All 3 thieves died in an instant and my buddy rallied lol. I wish i had recorded it.

Oh man, I envy you for this experience. Just priceless. Would have to laugh my butt off even if i was one of them thiefs.

Greezzz

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I once had a scepter duel with another guardian. It reminded me a lot of those action movies where people shoot each other and keep missing.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Solo roleplaying! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6mYpKAvEwc
Also being chased by an big angry Guild group, which is actually less frustrating than being ganked by a small skirmishing group.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I was once fighting on the edge of the cliff near the cata spot at the west wall of hills.

Well, i wasnt really fighting, as the enemy zerg jumped off the wall and quickly made the 5 of us run and i just tried to escape and not get punted/feared off the cliff.

Suddenly something hit me and through a glitch, i got catapulted on the spot, high into the air. I was actually so high in the air, that i received falling damage when i landed back on the zerg and knocked back 4 players over the edge.

I died soon afterwards.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

My funniest moment…
I had many funny times roaming, I’ll state that one, which happened at my beginnings as a roamer…

1-My guild used to sometimes do some class specific roam post raid.
One of the guildie gives tricks on playing the class, and most of the time, we are mostly uplevels – given it’s not our main class.
We were having a mesmer’s night; we start roaming around south camps of ennemy BL. We are 5 – 3 uplevels (lvl 4, 31, 76) and two 80, only one really knowing the class…
A small group comes by, we beat them… Guessed they called reinforcement… a group of 15+ comes by, we downed more than half of it… had us laughing so hard that such an unopti group as ours at that time could win against a group 3 times our size…

in WvW

Posted by: Silinsar.6298

Silinsar.6298

My latest funny moments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw1W40rlH6c
The last 3of them are my favorites (well, not necessarily the 3rd^^)

One I can only tell about:
2 trebs attacking our north east bay wall from the snowy plateau at the south west of garrison. Zerg passing by the sentry, I retreat into the ruins, cap the north west one, build the cannon, destroy the trebs with it just as they notice what’kittenting them and come to kill me → zergs doesn’t get into bay.

in WvW

Posted by: petterikr.4263

petterikr.4263

Did some frapsi’n a yesterday. Gotta give it to the necro and staff ele. Alchohol was consumed in huge quantities while editing. Sorry for the rally-English.

Temppu (Katoamistemppu, Temppu Murisee Murr, Arnold Did Temppu, Kummitustemppu, Temppu Banana)
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

is a necro defending against a zerg at longview on our border. overwhelmed they make it to the lord. i drop down to the small ledge under the ramp to the lord room. nice views over the cliff from there.

first 2 dropped down after me, staff terror them both off the cliff. another drops down, death shroud 3, he walks off the cliff. another two drop down to me, staff off cd, terror them both also.

think i was out of range for /laugh (its a long drop) but i felt it necessary none the less

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

My latest funny moments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw1W40rlH6c
The last 3of them are my favorites (well, not necessarily the 3rd^^)

One I can only tell about:
2 trebs attacking our north east bay wall from the snowy plateau at the south west of garrison. Zerg passing by the sentry, I retreat into the ruins, cap the north west one, build the cannon, destroy the trebs with it just as they notice what’kittenting them and come to kill me -> zergs doesn’t get into bay.

I really enjoyed that video. Very funny experiences from start to end. Made me want to lvl my engi and get him to WvW roaming.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in WvW

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Basically, an engi with rocket boots, magnet, shield, and fall dmg trait. Endless trolling/fun

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]