Zoom hack still ruining WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Crackbaby.3680

Crackbaby.3680

I am a fairly new player to WvW and noticed zergs red ringing the lords chambers from outside of keep and other towers. I asked in World chat and was told it is a zoom hack. After doing some research, it looks like this has been around for a while and nothing is being done about it. I found posts that date all the way back to 2012 and I noticed the hack the last few days in the WvW tournament. Everyone has recommendations on how to improve this but, if it is still going on years later, Anet must not care. Eventually, no one will WvW except hackers and eventually not play this game nor recommend it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Yeah, no. I don’t see that happening.

in WvW

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

zoom hacking is no longer an issue, as i have 3 monitors i can confirm ACs now have a limited LoS that can hit, reguardless if a player has the ability to see somewhere the AC seems to be limited by a set standard LoS limitation

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

zoom hacking is no longer an issue, as i have 3 monitors i can confirm ACs now have a limited LoS that can hit, reguardless if a player has the ability to see somewhere the AC seems to be limited by a set standard LoS limitation

See? Zoom hacker confirmed.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Stupid answer is just… well stupid.

Nowhere in that person post did it suggest he/she was zoom hacking.. multi monitor is a supported function by ANET.
You clearly don’t even know the difference between a zoom hack and legitimate FoV techniques via that are fully supported by ANET… you wanna call someone out aim it at the people that implemented the mechanics of the game not others just cos u got ya butt shot full of arrows.

Maybe do some read up before coming out and calling others zoom hackers so blatantly without the slightest clue of what your talking about.

But hey come Monday this thread will be reaching out for the bottom of the black hole anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well you don’t have to exploit just because you can.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

Stupid answer is just… well stupid.

Nowhere in that person post did it suggest he/she was zoom hacking.. multi monitor is a supported function by ANET.
You clearly don’t even know the difference between a zoom hack and legitimate FoV techniques via that are fully supported by ANET… you wanna call someone out aim it at the people that implemented the mechanics of the game not others just cos u got ya butt shot full of arrows.

Maybe do some read up before coming out and calling others zoom hackers so blatantly without the slightest clue of what your talking about.

But hey come Monday this thread will be reaching out for the bottom of the black hole anyway.

So you needed 3 monitors to get a ‘legit zoomhack’ ? Smells like pay2win to me lolo

These days I found ACs to be limited in where to aim, so maybe it’s fixed….

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Why is using multi monitor exploiting.. Nvidia Surround etc are legitimate – just ask ANET, they support it. Some people like to use 2 or 3 monitor setups for amore immersive gaming experience, just cos some don’t want to or cant doesn’t make it an exploit and certainly not a hack.

BTW I use a single monitor and have no issues with AC’s being aimed at my rear end.. I am just not dumb enough to stand inside the circles when they do or place sieges in easy hit places like many scrubs do all the time then come on the forums to cry foulplay when they get pummelled.

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Legit zoomhack (third-party executable) is far more powerful than multi-monitor use.

Just imagine the further zoom-out you get on fighting large world bosses in PvE. Now imagine no limit and self-control of that. It’s simple. Google is OP if you still don’t get it.

Improved line-of-sight requirement has fixed this as a thing to complain about, though. Ignore people that disagree. They’re wrong.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

It’s still happening. Happened yesterday at Ogrewatch

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in WvW

Virtute.8251

It’s still happening. Happened yesterday at Ogrewatch

Meh. Most people wouldn’t know when they saw it, and would see it where it isn’t happening. That’s why hack reporting is so difficult… people don’t know what hacking is.

in WvW

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Well…. hitting people behind a gate with a AC isn’t very normal, now, is it?
Just because there is a “narrow” definition of hacking doesn’t mean that exploitation shouldn’t be considered as such and thus, should be reported (and banned ).

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Why is using multi monitor exploiting.. Nvidia Surround etc are legitimate – just ask ANET, they support it. Some people like to use 2 or 3 monitor setups for amore immersive gaming experience, just cos some don’t want to or cant doesn’t make it an exploit and certainly not a hack.

Surround sound doesn’t allow you to place attacks in locations that you otherwise couldn’t. Ultra-wide FoV does.

Really the best way to prevent exploiting ACs is to completely redesign them to use an arc like catas, mortars and trebs. Might actually require some talent to land them in weird places.

in WvW

Posted by: rohan king of gods.4238

rohan king of gods.4238

whats the point of having pvp updates and leagues when people are going to cheat.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Well…. hitting people behind a gate with a AC isn’t very normal, now, is it?
Just because there is a “narrow” definition of hacking doesn’t mean that exploitation shouldn’t be considered as such and thus, should be reported (and banned ).

k.

in WvW

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

I am a fairly new player to WvW and noticed zergs red ringing the lords chambers from outside of keep and other towers. I asked in World chat and was told it is a zoom hack. After doing some research, it looks like this has been around for a while and nothing is being done about it. I found posts that date all the way back to 2012 and I noticed the hack the last few days in the WvW tournament. Everyone has recommendations on how to improve this but, if it is still going on years later, Anet must not care. Eventually, no one will WvW except hackers and eventually not play this game nor recommend it.

after those “years” there’s still hundreds upon hundreds of people who enter WvW. How will with this “no one will WvW eventually” start to take effect?