eotm and wvw

eotm and wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Rei Hino.5961

Rei Hino.5961

After playing eotm a lil a few issues has come up it is a blessing and a curse a blessing because I’m on a low population server so when were out maned can go to eotm but on the same token makes me with wvw was like this as it seems to be balanced more so then normal wvw, and thus I can enjoy wvw even with people not from my server. and a curse because as low a population as we have eotm splits us up even more I’m already wanting to just stay in eotm more already. and it was a nice tie in with the supply in the citadel. So over all im happy just makes me wish normal wvw could find a more balanced solution that may or may not include server grouping in the future. Also suggestion maybe eotm could be on a weekly rotating map change?

eotm and wvw

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

After playing eotm a little, a few issues have come up. It is a blessing and a curse.

A blessing because I’m on a low population server, so when we’re outmanned we can go to eotm, but on the same token makes me wish wvw was like this as it seems to be balanced more so then normal wvw, and thus I can enjoy wvw even with people not from my server.

And a curse, because as low a population server, eotm splits us up even more. I’m already wanting to just stay in eotm more already. And it was a nice tie in with the supply in the citadel. So over all im happy, it just makes me wish normal wvw could find a more balanced solution that may or may not include server grouping by colour in the future. Also suggestion maybe eotm could be on a weekly rotating map change?

Fixed that for you.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

eotm and wvw

in WvW

Rei Hino.5961

lol thanks. Was mostly a random comment. I was looking for another section all together the suggestion comment part of the forum seems to not work, I went to post there and it say’s I’m not allowed. I was originally trying to post a comment of adding wvw maps to the G19s keyboard screen. And ended up here commenting on the other thing I was thinking about and It came out in rough draft form.

(edited by Rei Hino.5961)

eotm and wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

As I wrote in the EotM forum, I think this update may, unintentionally, end up having a major negative impact on WvW as a whole. I’ve never seen such lopsided matchups in tier 1 and tier 2 in NA in the months since I started playing.

It makes sense on an individual level for people to prefer playing in EotM over getting destroyed in a matchup they can’t win. But it’s going to be really bad for WvW as a whole, due to guilds abandoning servers that aren’t even trying to win, and other effects. Especially tier 1, where we now have 2 dominant servers and no third to give them a run for their money.

eotm and wvw

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

As I wrote in the EotM forum, I think this update may, unintentionally, end up having a major negative impact on WvW as a whole. I’ve never seen such lopsided matchups in tier 1 and tier 2 in NA in the months since I started playing.

It makes sense on an individual level for people to prefer playing in EotM over getting destroyed in a matchup they can’t win. But it’s going to be really bad for WvW as a whole, due to guilds abandoning servers that aren’t even trying to win, and other effects. Especially tier 1, where we now have 2 dominant servers and no third to give them a run for their money.

Or it could be the wake up call the devs were searching for to end the ‘coverage wars’.

3 faction WvW, be it randomly assigned colour match ups, or people permanently choosing a faction/colour, is the only way to keep these 24 hour wars even remotely competitive.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

eotm and wvw

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

That could balance things from a technical perspective, but not by radically changing the entire concept behind WvW.

I personally don’t care much for EotM at all, and one reason is because I genuinely do like my server and want to fight for it. If WvW just becomes one big fight between groups of servers, I likely simply won’t participate in WvW any more. And in fact, it might even motivate me to look around for a different game, because there’s not really much else to do of interest at level 80.

I think the same would be true of a lot of people. I’ve seen folks on my server literally pull all-nighters to eek out a win on a tough matchup, and I doubt anyone will bring that sort of passion to a fight that’s just generically “red v blue v green”.

In general, people care more about things that are local and that they can have a direct impact on. As my guild leader commented the other day, he can help our server more in a few minutes flipping a camp in the BL than 4 hours in EotM. And without feeling like what you do matters, why do it at all?

(edited by Qaelyn.7612)

eotm and wvw

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Or it could be the wake up call the devs were searching for to end the ‘coverage wars’.

3 faction WvW, be it randomly assigned colour match ups, or people permanently choosing a faction/colour, is the only way to keep these 24 hour wars even remotely competitive.

I agree with everything you said, except the people choosing which faction to join. That should never ever be up to the individual, I mean people can choose by virtue of servers but it would be randomize if done correctly.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

eotm and wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

^This.^

It has been obvious (to everyone except ANet) for over a year that ANet needed to convert WvW to some sort of format that balanced populations. Players even “voted” population imbalance to be the number one most important issue facing WvW, but the subsequent CDI went nowhere because the dev didn’t agree. If WvW dies because of EOTM it would be poetic justice.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

eotm and wvw

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

I have posted this numerous time. Anet needs to just scrap WvW and tweak EoTM.

The best match ups would be if all 3x servers had 24/7 map coverage. EoTM is the best solution we have at the moment to obtaining that.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

eotm and wvw

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

Maybe for you. For me, that wouldn’t be WvW and I wouldn’t likely have much interest in it. Not to mention that I don’t care that much for the EotM map itself.

eotm and wvw

in WvW

Rei Hino.5961

Hm I like the map, in that it’s different. I have yet to be on during any organized events but with new maps comes people trying to figure stuff out. as the old wvw maps are people know exactly how far to put treb a to hit building b and ect. But to Qealyn answer yes that is the down side there would be no drive to make your server better then any others but at the moment im on Kaning btw all should know that server is in trouble and last place in wvw standing the few people on there try there hardest but it gotten so bad sometimes it so hard you can’t even cap a sentry much less a camp don’t even think about the tower. So from my perspective wvw has been broken for a long time and to me at some points I might as well been locked out of wvw. EOTM was made as a work around for a que problem for the T1ish servers Kaning was once in T2 so at least I have been with it during it greatness but for me now EOTN is kinda the only way I can play wvw as server switching is not a option because my small Sailor Moon Clan (SMC) guild consist of 3 active people and we got all the ranks up to tier 4. And as Guild upgrades is server based not guild leader based if we moved it would all reset. So I’m kinda stuck on Kaning for better or worse. But yes i said in a post else were our wvw is so bad sometimes I wish I could turn pvp on in our Lion’s Arch and kill people until they get into wvw. So back to the original idea it is a blessing and a curse good and bad.