help! im bored! :] (thanks!)

in WvW

Posted by: Martolly.2576

Martolly.2576

So i have tried several times to make myself play this game. But i’m just generally not finding it very fun.

And i think i must be missing something because it seems like a lot of people do enjoy it.

The leveling isn’t very fun, you just do kill tasks over and over essentially, and i am not much for reading lore, because it’s just boring. So… as much as some of you seem to enjoy storyline, i can never ever dream of wanting to role play. :/ Sorry.

I was trying to even find a class that i like, and i just don’t like any. Flat out. You have your weapon abilities that do not change, and they are nothing like the guild wars 1 characters at all.
You seem so limited on skill selection, its very dull. in gw1 you literally had 100 skills per class….. on here you have hardly anything, my keyboard feels naked, im used to key binding at least 17 abilities.

I like playing healers, and support, but there isn’t really anything like that in this game. Not real support, yes you have ‘soft cc’ and ‘hard cc’ but they generally last 2-3 seconds tops, and are on very long cool downs, not that im interested in spamming a cc, its just…i have to be missing something. Its just not fun.

I am rambling, but ive attempted so many times to be interested in the game, but i just can’t find it interesting, the talent trees seem so limited.

I generally only prefer small man, 2-3 (tops). Or solo. That being said, a thief isn’t interesting to me at all as it is completely cheese mode.

So i guess my real question is, why do you play, what keeps you playing, and what character other than a thief is something worth playing solo, roaming, and never ever ever zerging.

Any suggestions on how to make the game more enjoyable,

and thank you kindly.

p.s. thanks in advance for trolling me as i know you will :]
also if anyone has links to some one soloing the end game dungeons, that would be interesting to me. Other than that. Good luck.

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I didn’t find the story quests very entertaining, I have 4 level 80 characters and haven’t finished the personal quest on any of them (I haven’t even started it on two of them). You can level very fast with money. I have more money than time so I just bought gems, traded gems for gold and used gold to level my characters through crafting. You can hit 80 in 6-8 hours of crafting. I would never level another character through any other means.

I generally play a healing class in most games. Heavy pvp healing where if you mess up everything goes to hell. This game isn’t set up like that. However, there are several guardian healing specs that actually allow you to support and heal people around you that would have died otherwise. Plus you get the added benefit of actually being tanky yourself. Healing specs perform best in smaller groups because your actions are more meaningful. However, there’s a place in every WvW zerg for a frontline healing/support guardian.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Martolly.2576

Oh wow, 6-8 hours, lol. How much would that cost on the average server?

in WvW

Martolly.2576

also any useful links for healing guardians?

Ive looked through the forums but they generally are so different, can’t really tell what actually works and what doesn’t…well at least*

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Here’s a good thread to start with:

Hammer and Altruistic Healing gameplay

As for the cost of leveling, I’m not sure to be exact. I generally buy 4k worth of gems and it’s usually more than enough to level a character. Even more so now that the exchange rate is higher.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: timgod.9456

timgod.9456

the TP is global so it’s the same cost on every server. check gw2crafts.net for cheapest crafting prices. it’s between 5 and 15g per discipline, probably around 75g total

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Well
Comparing to gw1 all those skills for one made it very hard to keep balance and the game was also out for 7 years so plenty of time to add skills…gw2 is just approaching 1 year you can’t expect the number of skills to be the same…everything else pretty much to each their own I guess, try joining a guild being with people usually helps

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

http://gw2crafts.net/cooking_fast.html

All the fast guides can be found from the dropdown at top of page, along with accurate current pricing.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: timgod.9456

timgod.9456

fast versions are usually a few gold more with the exception of cooking and jewelry

in WvW

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

So i guess my real question is, why do you play, what keeps you playing,…

Comraderie, skill, fun. You get it or you don’t, if you’re having to try to have fun it probably isn’t the right game for you.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in WvW

Posted by: deffy.1320

deffy.1320

http://gw2crafts.net/cooking_fast.html

All the fast guides can be found from the dropdown at top of page, along with accurate current pricing.

I think i’ll give that a go i really dislike levelling, don’t like crafting, but i’ll give it a go as chef/cooking is very useful to me.

“Deleted for being inappropriate”

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

That will only give you 10 levels tho. To get to 80, you’ll have to do pretty much all the trades.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: aathomas.4638

aathomas.4638

Martolly, if you want to have fun in WvW I would recommend forming a 4-8 man small roaming group. Generally 3 man and below are more solo builds, while 5 man is the most fun. Solo builds are generally very self reliant and you will probably 80% of the time find zerg players that are trying to get back to their group to fight, in these situations your solo build alone will give you an advantage in a 1v1.

For small group you can make very fun interrelated builds that work with each other allowing you to maximize your damage and take on much greater numbers or other strong small groups, this is where the fun is for me. Anyone can pay attention to and dodge one person, but paying attention to 4 of your teammates, as well as, all the enemies gets your heart racing.

A healing guardian is an essential part of a small roaming group, so if you are willing to play one it should be easy to get a group started.

Though for healing guardian, I mean like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St8KUpNmu5M&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLiaCYJPD50YV9VRP284miBrb7GgRWXwbG.

His healing through Empower, Virtue of Resolve, Healing Breeze, Selfless Daring, Hold the Line, and OFC Tome of Courage gives our group a lot of sustain allowing us to be more DPS oriented builds that still have group qualities.

Altruistic healing isn’t really a healing guardian more of a solo build or to be used with a dps group build.

Grumpy Jugo
[AZRG]
Dragonbrand