idea for wvw tokens.....again

in WvW

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

How about we get tomes of knowledge for wvw badges?
I no its been asked before but I don’t get why we don’t have them.
I exclusively play wvw and as we all no you’ve gotta be max level for it. Going in up leveled is suicide.
I’m on to my 8th alt do I really have to go through that whole personal story map completion thing again? Or craft for 7-levels per profession? Played since launch please don’t make me re learn a class I already have and can play.
Pvp is out for me as I suck and eotm…..well
Come on its Christmas

(edited by Napo.1230)

in WvW

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

I wish I could spend badges+karma+ascended material to get dungeon tokens.
I spend 98% of my time in wvw 2% in spvp.
2+ years playing this game and I have never done a dungeon.
I am trying to get that legendary shield but I need 500 ascalonian tears.
I guess legendary weapons were not made for wvw players like myself.

in WvW

Posted by: Alchymista.8192

Alchymista.8192

are u telling me, u have 8th character and have no Scroll of experience and Tome of Knowledge? and also have no idea how to lvl up character? how did u lvlup your other characters??
making lvl10 takes u 20min in pve or 1g for crafting.. u can still relog at the end of dungeons(it gives 3/4 of yoru lvl and golds), my friend made whole lvl 80 in eotm in less then full 3days

AmphibianX.7042
dont make shield… its ugly and useless.. i made it but i instantly sold.. what class do u want to play with it? cuz i also cant find that weapon usefull.. (its my personal opinion, dont eat me)

Seafarer Never Rest

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

dungeons not the worst part of the legendary… pve explorer… boooring!

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Napo.1230

are u telling me, u have 8th character and have no Scroll of experience and Tome of Knowledge? and also have no idea how to lvl up character? how did u lvlup your other characters??
making lvl10 takes u 20min in pve or 1g for crafting.. u can still relog at the end of dungeons(it gives 3/4 of yoru lvl and golds), my friend made whole lvl 80 in eotm in less then full 3days

AmphibianX.7042
dont make shield… its ugly and useless.. i made it but i instantly sold.. what class do u want to play with it? cuz i also cant find that weapon usefull.. (its my personal opinion, dont eat me)

Erm no…. I didn’t say I had no idea I simply stated I don’t want to have to go through it again I would like tombs of knowledge from wvw tokens.
Like I said I only play wvw so don’t have tomes. Yes I have exp scrolls but they only get you to lvl 20 big deal.
Also 3 days in eotm? Well I’m sorry I have a life I have a full time job I’m a full time student and a father. The few hours i spend playing I want to roam.
I appreciate the reply but atleast read what I wrote you recommended dungeon swapping to a wvw only thread

(edited by Napo.1230)

in WvW

Posted by: Powec.3845

Powec.3845

Very good idea and can’t agree more. Would be nice if we wvw- players can also get some nice skins. Pve instances and do same fighting rules for bosses again and again is not interesting. In wvw and pvp there is allways like ‘human factory’ and you never can’t be sure your enemies actions and that is the reason I play wvw. Imo GW2 still have the best wvw out there in MMOs games.

I just wonder if Anet some day will put more power to developing new wvw content just like living world for pve players have now. Put some new wvw dedicated skins and stuff to gemshop (not finishers we have allready have enought) and also new items and skins for buying by badges. I am sure that Anet will be surprice how profit it can also be if they put more effort to wvw. I known that there are many wvw players like me, that are also willing to pay real cash, if we can get something for us wvw players. Just little business ‘vink’ to Anet.

Lv 80`s guardian, thief, elementalist, ranger, mesmer and warrior.

in WvW

Posted by: Alchymista.8192

Alchymista.8192

now i understand your problem..
but u get tome of knowledge in spvp cuz u dont get XP by itself from it.. but in wvw u get XP for each capture and kill.. and its lot of XP.. u cant expect u get something more from it.. it would be too easy to lvl up there and ppl would just simply abuse it..
i know u dont like beeing upscaled in wvw and beeing flamed by everyone, but its still MMO, and u have to lvl up in someway.. game is set in way, if u want to get maximum, u have to play everything(pve,spvp,wvw)

just try to imagine, how much badges u get in eotm for one event, then how easy u already can lvlup, and then your idea with this.. No.
u can convert badges in golds and do it with crafting.. thats maybe all..
but last thing what i want to say, u r missing/skipping big part of game if u just simply want to skip lvling, and thats sad..

Seafarer Never Rest

in WvW

Napo.1230

Have you ever tried to roam as an upleveled character?
I could join a zerg but then why would I when eotm is there.
Your still missing what I’m saying if you don’t I’ll repeat that DON’T do anything but wvw you have no access to tomes even though this game mode is dependent on being 80 with decent gear.
I’m not missing anything like I said if you read what I wrote I already have 7 fully geared characters. I also have map completion. I’ve done every dungeon and all the living story up to date. The only thing I’m missing my friend are tombes.
If you can get them in pvp and you can get them in pve depending on events why not wvw.
How I want to play is how I play you do it your way I’ll do it mine.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

The problem is they made badges too easy to get in EoTM- people playing that have literally thousands of them.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

The problem is they made badges too easy to get in EoTM- people playing that have literally thousands of them.

Yup and some people still wondering why it turned into one big ktrain with those high rewards.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Napo.1230

I get what your saying but people who have farmed eotm and have thousands of the badges surely have lvl 80’s through doing it. It’s not really any different to people who have only pvp and have lots of tomes.
Another thought would it be a bad thing to
A. Give those people a badge sink?
B. Have more lvl 80 characters in game?
Let’s face it we want more people in this game. if giving them the option of saying “you need a thief? I’ll relog” keeps them playing it sounds good to me

in WvW

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

12k badges and nothing to spend them

in WvW

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

They should make badges WvW currency. Use badges to upgrade instead of silver and gold. WvW players already don’t make enough compared to pve. Just a pointless gold sink for wvw players. Not to mention casual players who won’t spend a dime upgrading stuff so the burden again rests on wvw players to lose more money.

in WvW

Napo.1230

They should make badges WvW currency. Use badges to upgrade instead of silver and gold. WvW players already don’t make enough compared to pve. Just a pointless gold sink for wvw players. Not to mention casual players who won’t spend a dime upgrading stuff so the burden again rests on wvw players to lose more money.

That is actually a really good idea.
I wish devs would atleast give us some information as to what if anything they have planned.
Wvw is becoming the step child of Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

I dont get badges very quickly in wvw. Then I can go through 6k badges in matter of minutes when forging superior siege.

you do get about 3x the BoH in eotm and how often do you see superior siege there? no up grades either.

so then we reach the point… sry cant upgrade, guess I need to spend more time in eotm so I can help in wvw?

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

I dont get badges very quickly in wvw. Then I can go through 6k badges in matter of minutes when forging superior siege.

you do get about 3x the BoH in eotm and how often do you see superior siege there? no up grades either.

so then we reach the point… sry cant upgrade, guess I need to spend more time in eotm so I can help in wvw?

I made a “suggestion” ~2 months ago, which could help the upgrading part.
Basically some tasty new badge/token which can be (but I left the gold as an optional choices if you don’t have this one) used to buy upgrade and you can only get it in wvw and not in eotm ^^

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Suggestion-Badge-of-the-Supporter/first#post4430407

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140