stomp pts: Vengeance and Vapor form

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

So if a warrior makes it to his skill #3, he can’t be stomped and thus can’t give up bloodlust points. As far as I know, no other profession’s downed skills allows this.

Is this fair? Of course, we can always bring out Anet’s infamous “WvW is inherently unbalanced [so that gives us free rein to unbalance even more]” quote. But what do you all think?

Also… remember that bug that prevents you from getting WXP from an Ele once he’s used vapor form? Does that apply to stomp points as well? Anyone tested this?

And wasn’t that vapor form issue conjectured to be part of a more serious “if a foe rallies you don’t get WXP from him if he later dies” bug?

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

It seems like this would only be a problem in 1v1 or something where the whole points for stomp thing doesn’t even matter. Really, there should be no resurrection downed skills and if there are, all classes should have them.

CD

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Really, there should be no resurrection downed skills and if there are, all classes should have them.

QFT

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

If you are letting a warrior use Vengeance you deserve to lose the stomp points.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If you are letting a warrior use Vengeance you deserve to lose the stomp points.

But if you let a Guardian or Necro, or Thief, etc. use their #3, you do deserve stomp points? That makes sense how?

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

But if you let a Guardian or Necro, or Thief, etc. use their #3, you do deserve stomp points? That makes sense how?

Complaining about the 2nd worst downed state in the game… come on people… what the kitten.

Guard/Necro/Thief’s #2 are all leagues better than War’s #2. That #2 skill is SO critical in stopping that first stomp.

War’s #2 is on par with Eng’s #2 (total rubbish). If you can’t stop a projectile with that long of a cast in time for them to use the #3 idk what to tell you.

IMO you would have a stronger case against vapor form suicides/move into tower/keep stuffs as that’s far harder to prevent… plus post vapor form they yield no WXP (absolutely no way to stop the latter).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Because that warrior isnt always alone, as a matter of fact he’s rarely alone. Stomping actually happens in small scale skirmish fights aswell.

Downed state is utterly unbalanced and one of the reasons why points for stomp is stupid. Some professions have better means to stay alive while downed, decreasing or even flat out eliminating the possibility to feed points. And some professions have a flat out better way of landing a stomp, increasing the chances of gaining points.

Funny enough, both lists from best to worst are kinda similar…

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Because that warrior is always alone. Stomping actually happens in small scale skirmish fights aswell.

Downed state is utterly unbalanced and one of the reasons why points for stomp is stupid. Some professions have better means to stay alive while downed, decreasing or even flat out eliminating the possibility to feed points. And some professions have a flat out better way of landing a stomp, increasing the chances of gaining points.

Well you know, if the warrior isn’t alone and is still alive when Vengeance comes available, he should be revived by then.

Warrior has the worst downed state in the game (with Engineer). If you cannot stomp a warrior before Vengeance is up, you don’t deserve the stomp.

Period.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Because that warrior is always alone. Stomping actually happens in small scale skirmish fights aswell.

I agree that giving points for stomping when the downed states themselves are so imbalanced is a bad idea.

I would disagree that the classes that have the worst downed also have the worst stomping ability (if I interpreted what you wrote correctly).

Eng’s downed is bar none the WORST in the game. However elixir S is an AMAZING stomp tool… and soon eng’s will be even better at it when toss S only grants stealth and B will grant stability (hopefully the duration will be long enough) + a random boon.

Same thing with warrior… 2nd worst downed state in the game, but they can stomp pretty kitten well with stability, immunity to damage, quickness, etc.

But then you do have thieves, eles, and mesmers all of who have great downed stats and can stomp very well.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Helicity.3416

Helicity.3416

I agree that giving points for stomping when the downed states themselves are so imbalanced is a bad idea.

I would disagree that the classes that have the worst downed also have the worst stomping ability (if I interpreted what you wrote correctly).

Eng’s downed is bar none the WORST in the game. However elixir S is an AMAZING stomp tool… and soon eng’s will be even better at it when toss S only grants stealth and B will grant stability (hopefully the duration will be long enough) + a random boon.

Same thing with warrior… 2nd worst downed state in the game, but they can stomp pretty kitten well with stability, immunity to damage, quickness, etc.

But then you do have thieves, eles, and mesmers all of who have great downed stats and can stomp very well.

You think warrior downstate is worse than necro?

Nemain/Kali Darru [FUN]

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

You think warrior downstate is worse than necro?

Yes, for sure. Necro’s fear isn’t a projectile that can just be body blocked. The #3 on warrior is stronger, but you’re not going to ever get a chance to use it because the #2 is total rubbish so it doesn’t even matter. Necro’s downed state could use a buff when compared to the top tier downed state classes though.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Yes, for sure. Necro’s fear isn’t a projectile that can just be body blocked. The #3 on warrior is stronger, but you’re not going to ever get a chance to use it because the #2 is total rubbish so it doesn’t even matter. Necro’s downed state could use a buff when compared to the top tier downed state classes though.

I’m kind of eh about this. If you can avoid a body block or a blind for the hammer, and have some distance between you and the prospective stomper, you have a solid chance of getting it off. It’s better than “put a little pile of green sludge on the floor”.

Would probably put Warriors just above Necros above Engineers at the bottom of the pile.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Vapor form? Count to three while following vapor, start stomp again. GG

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Id agree most of the time. However, one example of where I don’t agree is if I downed them whilst using dagger storm. But my endurance is below what I need to dodge roll out of dagger storm and go in for the stomp. Because anet hasn’t given us a cancel action button and only gives us dodge roll then I cannot stomp him in time. I always plan to save endurace for situations like this but the reality is in a close fight that doesn’t always happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Well you know, if the warrior isn’t alone and is still alive when Vengeance comes available, he should be revived by then.

Warrior has the worst downed state in the game (with Engineer). If you cannot stomp a warrior before Vengeance is up, you don’t deserve the stomp.

Period.

You know kitten well that there are plenty of situations where the Warrior gets to stay alive long enough in Downed for Vengeance to become available. The whole “you deserve it” isnt an argument.
Warriors may not be as good at surviving those first stomps as, well.. just about anyone (except Engineer). But there are plenty of situations where a Warrior has Vengeance available.

Giving Warriors the stomp-avoid and thus point feed avoid. Ele is situational, if he can jump of something for fall damage (plenty of that around now) or make it into the water he too can deny stomp points.

I think both are a symptom of something greater, and are one of the reasons why points for stomping is a bad idea.

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Why they are so fond of stomping at all is a mystery to me. As is downed state, for that matter.

I’d rather just die when my health hits 0, and have a period where revival prevents armour damage or something.

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I disagree with only part of this. Elixir S is great for stomping, sure, but any profession that has stealth, blind, stability, quickness, or other evade/invul can do the same thing WHILE having good to great downed states.

I think vengeance is a cruel joke of a downed state ability, and only works out on par with the engineer 3rd skill, which is to say, after 10k kills, I have killed 2 people with it.

Two. Ever since then, if I am defending hills, I go out of my way to die on the bridge.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD