which server?

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: Fauxeth.2837

Fauxeth.2837

I’m returning to the game (played 2 weeks at release) with a friend who hasn’t played before. I had a lvl 60 thief on sorrow’s furnace but it appears to be ranked 16 t5 and Is that too low? We play at weird times and I’m wondering if we should just roll on a different server that has higher populations or if t5 servers still have enough people?

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

sf is fine, you kids have fun storming the castle.

which server?

in WvW

Fauxeth.2837

sf is fine, you kids have fun storming the castle.

Thanks. We were more into the roaming stuff, but siege could be fun too :p

And by fine, you mean that there are enough people in wvw zones that we wont be running around in a ghost town?

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

if you’ll be “roaming” yes you’ll be in a ghost town. as long as you join the giant sf zerg ball running around mindlessly you’ll be just fine.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Tarnished Coast is currently running organized havoc/roaming teams in WvW. Even in T1 we are very successful, and often meet strong opposition.
Great challenges, great fun, lots of kills, lots of bags.

EDIT; the last few days, and this weekend especially, our havoc teams on TC has actually taken more towers then the commanders. just FYI.
ATM i run with a small guild named TORK which specializes in havoc teams, but there is other guilds that also run organized havoc teams.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

(edited by Prysin.8542)

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

TC is currently Full last time I checked. The limits could be upped with the incoming transfer price changes though.

IMO play on your own server for a bit and if it is too slow then consider moving. If you absolutely need to find roaming fights at all hours T2 is probably better than T1. T3/T4 used to be the sweet spot for roamers but it has been pretty hit and miss lately.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

which server?

in WvW

Fauxeth.2837

Tarnished Coast is currently running organized havoc/roaming teams in WvW. Even in T1 we are very successful, and often meet strong opposition.

EDIT; the last few days, and this weekend especially, our havoc teams on TC has actually taken more towers then the commanders. just FYI.
ATM i run with a small guild named TORK which specializes in havoc teams, but there is other guilds that also run organized havoc teams.

These havoc teams sound exactly like what we are looking for. We are long time daoc players who used to 8 man gank group and zerg bust.

We toyed around in wvw last night but we just didn’t see that many people roaming, which concerned me as it was primetime on a sunday.

I hear there are free transfers tomorrow, how exactly do those work?

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

when it happens (on your login / character selection screen) there’s a transfer button where you can guest / transfer servers. just pick a free server from the list, and hit transfer… done; where you’d usually have to pay gems, it will just be free on qualifying servers (or the prorated costs for the other servers).

imo tho, wait a few days before doing it, see how sf’s transfer situation fares before moving over. hard to gauge things right now, but once people start shifting, it may be a different story.

after that if you dont find what you’re looking for check out AR (sorry had to plug it) https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Anvil-Rock-Full-of-Potential/first

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

(edited by Steve Whitley.8359)

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: tonkatsu.9067

tonkatsu.9067

I am on TC , transffered towards the end of season 1.
Where I came from I only ran on havoc groups but have had some trouble finding a guild with some regulars that run nightly, Any chance I can join?
I run thief and mesmer mostly but also have a good guard and necro spec as well if you need a support type.

Tyrrionne – Jade Quarry Thief/Mesmer/Engi

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: outlaws.6910

outlaws.6910

SF is fine you dont need to transfer we have a big roaming guilds if that what you looking for or for bigger guilds you can join COSA/LORD/MvM/KING and a few others wvwvw guilds that you might want to join

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Free transfers to a limited number of servers will begin tomorrow (Mar 18) so don’t transfer yet — you can save yourself a lot of gems.

which server?

in WvW

Fauxeth.2837

Free transfers to a limited number of servers will begin tomorrow (Mar 18) so don’t transfer yet — you can save yourself a lot of gems.

What are the chances of being able to free transfer to a tier2 server?

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Zero chance. Here’s the prices both starting tomorrow and after the Tournament begins:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-wvw-spring-tournament-2014/

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: Caosaur.3871

Caosaur.3871

Extremely low. Free transfers are only for ranks 13-15 & 20-24, on NA. Tier 2 servers are between ranks 4-6.

So unless there’s a mess up somewhere and a t2 server magically falls from rank 4 to rank 14, you aren’t getting in for free.

Being a cancerous roamer on TC.

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: Laggin Dragon.3062

Laggin Dragon.3062

SF is a good server with a good community. I recommend looking for a good WvW guild (there’s a few out there, CoSA, MvM, LORD, KING, SUNS, etc) to run with. There are roamers around SF (it’s what me and 5 or 6 friends did last reset), I know of a few where roaming is all they do. What time zone are you in?

Alcott – Level 120 Ele
Leader of Core of Scarlet/Sapphire Alliance [CoSA]

which server?

in WvW

Fauxeth.2837

That’s too bad. We will probably just log out right now and delete in that case. I’m sure SF has a good community and all of that, but that isn’t what we are worried about. it’s the OTHER servers :/ running around all weekend (even though we were low lvl and didnt know the best roaming spots) we didn’t see enough people out for it to be that fun. I don’t have much attachment to my 60 thief and that’s the only thing preventing me from deleting and rerolling, so I may as well just do it.

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: CornChips.5392

CornChips.5392

y not just xfer to CD or HOD which are a bit higher ranked and guaranteed to be in silver tier, that way you will still be fighting reasonably high ranked servers rather than the lower ones SF has been fighting recently

CornChips | Sylvari Guardian |
Dvaita Vedanta | Human Mesmer|
The Fluttering Horde [TFH] | CD

which server?

in WvW

Posted by: Necro.6432

Necro.6432

CD is still looking if ur still interested..the attitude “where are the orange swords” and not asking for how many is what CD looking for and CD still has the best oceanic cover over night , check out our recruitments…Roaming/scouting guilds can find a plenty of space in our server with our current 4+ havoc guilds , we count on you for our scouting through our modified TS3 communication to allow you to scout better and call out for help and to receive it as quick as possible from the ppl whos on aka WE CARE and map chat and most of all have fun.

Daeronz | TDS Leader | WvW Commander

(edited by Necro.6432)