Female Armor Skins

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

I pretty much wear the TA set on my female asura which is the male TA set for any other race its the only thing that looks cute on it but id love to wear the
winged Light armor set 50
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Light_armor_03_concept_art.jpg

or the female 80 exotic gear rather then havent the male
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Light_armor_01_concept_art.jpg
I mean who wouldnt want an adorable bow on their back

Or even get the shoulders on the set for the female
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Light_armor_02_concept_art.jpg

:/ i had a choice of making an adorable bunny or boring human (no offense)
and i kinda regretted it but too lazy to re roll and im slowly making a norn elemental just to collect the pretty armor

also i hate the asura armor with a passion…

Attachments:

~Caedas~

(edited by Bunnehboo.6025)

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I agree Asura Armors need an overhaul, male and female, while on the topic, a few more medium armors that aren’t trenchcoats would be great, so tired of trench coats 24/7…

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Kiraki.9761

Kiraki.9761

I pretty much wear the TA set on my female asura which is the male TA set for any other race its the only thing that looks cute on it but id love to wear the

and i kinda regretted it but too lazy to re roll and im slowly making a norn elemental just to collect the pretty armor

Agreed, the TA armor is about the only armor option if you want to wear something more feminine. I love asura and I really hate being forced to re-roll just to be able to have pretty armors available. :/

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Tiny Terror.6752

Tiny Terror.6752

The armor with the bow is what sold me. I figured they’d just scale down the armor model. Alas, it was not and I was stuck with the male version. It’s not like the female version is revealing either. :c

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Oberon.9430

Oberon.9430

As much as I love my male heavy armor (http://i.imgur.com/5gAl0.jpg), I do wish they would have some options for like “battleskirts” or what not. Not really the skimpy human crap, but just different styles along those gender lines.

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

Sometimes it turns out nicely.

I also like how that berserker/gladiator/whatever armor shows more skin than a “naked” female asura.

Attachments:

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

And here you have it folks, proof that women can never be happy. The complain about armor in games being far too revealing then when presented with armor that is in no way offensive they complain that they do not look as lady-like as they would like to. Ah, women logic.

No but really, all jokes aside, Asura females only having names ending in vowels and Asura males having names ending on consonants was quite interesting. I did not know that, glad my Necro isn’t breaking the rules of his race.

But really I found this thread pretty funny. Teehee.

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Fidjit.4162

Fidjit.4162

I specifically like playing female Asura and Charr because they allow me to play a female who isn’t a lingerie model. Please don’t ask for it to be changed, there are 3 other races who get their bikini armor.

Besides, since when does a girl have to show a ton of skin in order to be beautiful or feminine?

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Hello,
Why bikinis? We could just add a feminine touch, accessories or a slight touch of male skin without making a skin too “human.”

by exempe, ascalonnienne redo the shirt to make a small embroidered jacket with sleeves to the elbow, wrist tightened, and the rest from the wide shoulder with pins that tightens at the elbow. Or things like that that gives a touch more elegant and slightly different for females.

it would not be sexy, but “woman”.

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: smiljem.4632

smiljem.4632

Ew. Yeah. I totally dig asura armor because it is the most pragmatic female armor (wtf every light armor set on other races) but rehashing the skin entirely looks silly. The genders are already ambiguous enough. A bit of feminine flair would be nice.

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Snakeeeeee.2086

Snakeeeeee.2086

necro posting reasonably hard, but perhaps (and I hope someone from Anet reads this) use the male chest pieces and the female leg, shoulder and head pieces.

I see no reason on my current observations that there’d be an issue with that worst case scenario you see some leg on some gear DEAR GOD NO right.

80 Asura Elementalist; Akiranyo ~Hai
Lord of da boiz[lotb]
Northern Shiver Peaks

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: InfamousBrad.5879

InfamousBrad.5879

I’d be okay with that with some of them. But the female version of the Acolyte light armor is such an obvious panchiro fanservice thing that it annoys me every time one runs by; that the Asura don’t have that one is a plus, in my book.

And I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the heavy armor sets Barbaric and Gladiator look ridiculous on an Asura. Yes, I mean all of the pieces. Yes, I mean on both genders.

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: study.1873

study.1873

to Anet:

if there in the future happens to be discussion on possible changes to existing armor; i say don’t you dare take away any existing options to any players of any race and gender. i have played some online games in the past where drastic and unnecessary armor model changes were forced on players. many of whom who liked or loved how certain things looked prior.

the resulting feeling left to those players is a terrible one.
so please, only add to player’s available choices, don’t take away.

-

(i like my asura female characters just the way they are, brainy, sassy and tough)

Attachments:

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I nice set of racks would be awesome. Would be nice if they also jiggled like pom poms

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Panzerjaeger.7612

Panzerjaeger.7612

Asura outfits are fanservice-y enough. Just look at stuff like Savant and Protean armour. The ears are highly visible, and in the latter case, even made to look larger. If that’s not hot, I don’t know what is.

Attachments:

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Asura outfits are fanservice-y enough. Just look at stuff like Savant and Protean armour. The ears are highly visible, and in the latter case, even made to look larger. If that’s not hot, I don’t know what is.

I’m surprised you didn’t post another picture of Efut while you wrote that.

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

While I don’t want to see the skimpy human outfits transferred over to us, it would be nice to have more armor that says “Yes, I’m a girl!” Currently, the only thing that differentiates us from male asura is our hair and some of the faces.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I’m pretty happy with the light armors for Asura. I personally fear that giving femal armor a more femal touch will turn them into some candy-cute poppets and that is something I would not want at all. I also didn’t like the female wintersday costum very much because it was to much dollstyle for my taste. Some slight changes would be fine, but I’m really afraid it would be overdone.

So if there are more female armors i’m fine, but I would not want the existing ones to be changed.

For example I would never want to dress my Asura like Bunnehboo did with his/her. Not that it looks bad, it looks awesome but it’s not the way I see my Asura.

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: AutumnWyvern.5092

AutumnWyvern.5092

I personally have mixed feelings on the subject. I like the fact that the armor is unisex. Its different and it fits them culturally. But, on the other hand it almost seems a bit lazy? I feel like maybe subtle changes in design. Nothing too noticeable… Though, there is the fact that most of the Asura armor in general looks a bit muddy and rushed, so touching up all the armor is definitely a possibility.
Perhaps, and this would probably require an obnoxious amount of work so I doubt this would happen, but perhaps we could get a choice of what skin to use? Maybe be able to toggle it? OR female Asura get their own armor skins, but they still are very gender neutral, or perhaps accent a lady’s fine ears?
I guess I just want to see what would be considered traditional feminine clothing to Asura, and a bit more effort.

I play on Devona’s Rest, my main is an Asura ele.
I mostly do PvE solo, but feel free to ask me to join your party!

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Panzerjaeger.7612

I’m surprised you didn’t post another picture of Efut while you wrote that.

Effie doesn’t wear a headpiece, because she doesn’t need one to make her ears look prettier.

Attachments:

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

has any 1 ever considerd that its part of asura culture to have unisex armor. gender has little role in asura society apart from reproduction it has little relevence.

unlike say human culture where gender is very important

i like we dont have skimpy armor as asura

Attachments:

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Feminine =/= Skimpy. I’d like the designs to be different yet still not overly revealing.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Cosine.1786

Cosine.1786

Feminine =/= Skimpy. I’d like the designs to be different yet still not overly revealing.

A thousand times, yes.

I really like wearing the winter town clothes. It’s the first outfit I’ve ever worn as an asura that looks even remotely feminine.

And yeah, I’d like to look feminine, not like my outfit has malfunctioned in a variety of problematic ways – as with most of the female human armour this thread has produced thus far.

Best I’ve managed so far for combat gear is the culturual tier 2 with its cute tails.

Attachments:

(edited by Cosine.1786)

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Mordeth Kai.9460

Mordeth Kai.9460

People can say what they like, but I wish asura females could wear female armor as they are, or at least asura specific modified versions to fix the clipping issues and other problems, but I think it is entirely possible to pull off sexy without big boobs, in addition to cute or beautiful. Those who think the only thing that makes a woman sexy is TnA have yet to appreciate the finer points of a woman.

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Panzerjaeger.7612

Asura women are plenty sexy. Just look at Warmaster Efut’s voluptuous form.

Attachments:

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

I think my only viewpoint is this:

My girlfriend and I both play medium armor asura together. It’s somewhat of a bummer that throughout the level process, we’re wearing the exact same look even though we’re different genders. We’re both wearing trenchcoats all the time— that’s fine, and is a whole different thread’s worth of complaint. But it would’ve been nice if she had just a slightly different style from mine outside of color choice, like every other race has (except charr? Don’t know if they share armor as well.) It’s not really a matter of femme/sexy or not, just a matter of variety. Again, it doesn’t help that medium armor already suffers from all pieces looking too similar.

Of course, this problem can fix itself through increased armor options in general. I can’t argue that.

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Panzerjaeger.7612

Charr are mostly the same, but some of the Charr Cultural armours are a little different on females.

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Rilke Cadmus.6829

Rilke Cadmus.6829

There are some feminine pieces of armor, but they tend to be lower leveled. This chest-peice I believe is Feathered armor.

Attachments:

Tnekk/ Fyrni/ Rina Selania/ Doroga Icemaul
“And also… I can kill you with my brain.”
~River Tam~

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: notanewmethod.8267

notanewmethod.8267

has any 1 ever considerd that its part of asura culture to have unisex armor. gender has little role in asura society apart from reproduction it has little relevence.

I must know what helm/monacle krixis is wearing!

Notanewmethod – Asura Engineer (p/p, Toolkit, HGH)
Mask’s WvW Build – 0 | 30 | 10 | 30 | 0 (Soldier/Carrion gear, Rabid trinkets)
B P – Human Thief (d/p – 0 | 10 | 30 | 30 | 0)

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Rilke Cadmus.6829

Rilke Cadmus.6829

I must know what helm/monacle krixis is wearing!

That would be Asura Medium Armor, Tier 2 Headpiece

Tnekk/ Fyrni/ Rina Selania/ Doroga Icemaul
“And also… I can kill you with my brain.”
~River Tam~

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Snakeeeeee.2086

Snakeeeeee.2086

There are some feminine pieces of armor, but they tend to be lower leveled. This chest-peice I believe is Feathered armor.

believe it or not that is the male chest for that armor set

I managed to make cute with the cultual armor like 100g+ later

and while leveling looked like figure.2

we’re not all looking for cute or kitteny, but something a little more in the feminine direction would be nice

Attachments:

80 Asura Elementalist; Akiranyo ~Hai
Lord of da boiz[lotb]
Northern Shiver Peaks

Female Armor Skins

in Asura

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Thats the skin for male…….. and its not lower leveled……… So what you are talking about is human/norn males wear feminine armors and these armors look low-level………
—————————————————————————————————-

This armor issue is very disturbing to me because my female asura mesmer is wearing the feather vest right now. Every time I toggle the Hero panel I will see her “naked(without nipples)”. I would like to suggest that the developer could at least use female armor skin and make the chest area flat.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.