One problem with Asura... Tiny weapons!

in Asura

Posted by: Xproject.1425

Xproject.1425

I strongly support this idea. I just recently started up a new Asura Ranger and it’s pretty disappointing seeing the weapon scaling on them. I may just disregard him entirely and choose a human. I was making a tribute character to the Dark age of camelot race – the “Lurikeen”. Daoc did not seem to have this scaling problem with their “tiny” races and they had 3 different ones in each realm. Anet please consider some adjustments here! The Chris Whiteside AMA on reddit said it would be looked into, but that was 5 months ago!

in Asura

Posted by: gek.6041

gek.6041

This post has been made 6 months ago and the problem still consist, I made a thread about this also and in mine’s case its worse since I use a D/D ele

I bought a corrupted shard and destroyer dagger for it and I regret buying them for this race it since my asura ele just looks like one of those guys you’d stamp on even with this gears, no “oomf” at all

in Asura

Posted by: Calinc.2315

Calinc.2315

Can someone please look into this…

Bumping for justice.

I really want to buy things for my character but I feel so compelled to not because of this issue! And the issue doesn’t even scale, I thought it would with the character height but no… I bought a makeover kit to make my character max height in hopes that things would change but no…

A human at minimum height is the same size as an Asura at max height YET THE WEAPONS ARE HALF THE SIZE!! FIX IT!!

They should be the exact same size as human weapons in all cases. to fix clipping on the back raise them up higher, it isn’t hard.

in Asura

Posted by: Jonathan.1580

Jonathan.1580

I agree completely , itmakes no sense at all, has their been any offical response to this problem? I have one worse.. the 2 handed named exotic hammer? The Anchor looking one? It actually was created so poorly for us.. my bottom hand is holding..AIR… I kept it in my storage for months but finally just skinned over it to use the stats. Even witht ha tone the lack of size made it look just silly

in Asura

Posted by: Kirstmeister.5370

Kirstmeister.5370

I agree with some of the stuff within this topic.
Although, I wouldn’t want the weapons completely scaled up to the biggest they can go like with the bigger races.
They do need to be slightly bigger though I reckon, so at least they are more appealing and all to look at! So if you end up with a really decent ‘pretty’ weapon, at least it would then be appreciated more!

in Asura

Posted by: oceanking.7840

oceanking.7840

Anet need to add a weapon scaling slider…if needs be I would be willing to pay about 300-400 gems to change asura weapons to Norn size and Norn weapons to asuran…
i find it so annoying when you cant even see your own characters greatsword range…the weapons actual range is about twice the size of the sword for most attacks when you compare norn to asura…i want the choice to make my weapon small ,reasonable or so humongous its just plain silly…i want to hold a greatsword the size of my character…then again i doubt many people want that…thats just my opinion

in Asura

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

It seems to me that the weapons are just positioned incorrectly on your back.
I was stood next to a Norn the other day, both of us had Final Rest on our backs. On the Norn the staff base was roughly level with his knee and the tip sticking up beyond his head, on my Asuran the base was roughly at ankle level with the tip below head height. If the staff was moved up on the Asuran’s to the same position as it was on the Norn then it would look correct.

in Asura

Posted by: squeezy.9583

squeezy.9583

I agree with this!
It’s the only downside of my Asura.
when you earn your epic weapons skins (SAB for example) it just dont feel as good when wearing it on my human or other race

in Asura

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The weirdest part is, I fail to see the excessive amount of weapons which would clip at full size to warrant the downscaling. Some would clip the ground, sure, but they do that on the other races so that’s hardly a reason to shrink them.

Even then, the issue would be 2H weapons on the back, right?
Well, tilt them more! That’s actually how a shorter person would sling a long weapon over their back for travel (although normally they’d just carry it held).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Asura

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Bigger weapon models on asura could help with the “OPness” in spvp, to make animations more visible

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in Asura

Posted by: Lunaki.6935

Lunaki.6935

I just made Immobulus for my asuran elementalist. I was really really considering selling it, because I KNEW the particle effects would barely show up on an asura, but it’s my favourite skin in the game.

I spent months working on it. 250 Giant eyes is an enormous price to pay.

I can barely see the particles. This upsets me greatly. Pls Anet.

in Asura

Posted by: Mitoman.1965

Mitoman.1965

Got my Bifrost today, it seems a rainbow teeth stick. Please, Anet fix the weapon size on asuras

in Asura

Posted by: dceptaconroy.7928

dceptaconroy.7928

I was half way through my crafts for bifrost then saw it on another sura and cancelled craft. They are watered down versions, what a pity. Pls Anet +1 on a slight scale size up which includes a little more part effect or somethin.

in Asura

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

They should Definitely look into this. Legendaries are a waste.

in Asura

Posted by: Jaall.3420

Jaall.3420

I agree that the details lost somewhat but I kinda feel that if you make an Asura character then you should expect it. It’s always been the same with small characters in any games, they just lose the detail because obviously scaling is an issue, but upscaling the items would look horrible.

I personally think staves sit better on an asura than any other race and the detail isn’t lost as much as probably implied here but yea daggers you can hardly see. Making daggers bigger though would look so much more out of place, all for detail/showing off, but if you wanted that level of detail then you can always use another of your 5 character slots to make a different race character? I for example have an Asura elementalist and a Human elementalist for armour and weapon detail.

in Asura

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

Well, Anet is pretty good at listening and fixing little things like this. Lets hope they listen and do a few changes!

I just wanted to quote this comment from page one that was posted 7 months ago.

How naive.

in Asura

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

sad story: I deleted my asura mesmer and made a norn mesmer…….. because the GS was too small and no spins…..

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

in Asura

Posted by: Wagnard.4027

Wagnard.4027

at this point I have the impression Anet is already working into another project.

in Asura

Carighan.6758

I agree that the details lost somewhat but I kinda feel that if you make an Asura character then you should expect it.

Well, I expect an Asura-sized weapon.
That’s what I expected.

As soon as I sheathe my weapon, it shrinks another 30% or so. That is the issue.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Asura

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Anyone seen an asura with frostfang yet? I’m thinking about getting that =/

in Asura

Posted by: DCann.2819

DCann.2819

I absolutely agree with Arenanet fixing this. Even if it is intentional, and even though I can see why they did it, it really subtracts from the coolness factor of using any 2-handed weapon apart from maybe a greatsword on my Asura. Especially when it comes to Hammers, it looks fantastic when it’s drawn but becomes a jokes when it’s sheathed. Such cool weapon designs and I feel like i’m forced to experience them less than say someone playing a Charr.

in Asura

Posted by: bennzenn.8659

bennzenn.8659

If this is some sort of petition, I totally agree, I made my asura elementalist and got it to about 15, it stinks, I am even considering remaking it as a human so I can see the intricate detail that drew me away from wow into guild wars 2. Although I hope it gets fixed first.

in Asura

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

this really needs to be looked into i for one Deleted SIX asuran accounts simply because my gear was too small i wanted The Predator but it was ridiculously small as well making the point of a Legendary weapon useless.

love the race but it takes the charm when your Exotic/Legendary gear pretty much suffers from scaling.

in Asura

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

this really needs to be looked into i for one Deleted SIX asuran accounts simply because my gear was too small i wanted The Predator but it was ridiculously small as well making the point of a Legendary weapon useless.

love the race but it takes the charm when your Exotic/Legendary gear pretty much suffers from scaling.

Unfortunately im starting to do the same.
If only they sold a way to change race on the gem store!

in Asura

Posted by: Eolynn.5324

Eolynn.5324

In the back of my mind, I’ve been wishing for a race change as well only because of the weapon scaling. Although I did realize that the weapons would be smaller than normal, I hadn’t expected them to be so underwhelming. It’s a shame because I love my asura, but that issue make me hesitant about giving my legendary weapon to her.

Henge of Denravi | Duality [DLTY]

in Asura

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

theres only one legendary fitting for asura and thats the Quip the confetti silly noise pistol . i literally deleted all my characters and simply made em charr because of small weapons. (had 4 lvl 80s)

in Asura

Posted by: Pwnzor.5682

Pwnzor.5682

the weapons are only small when u dont wield them, they went bigger when u wield it, so whats the problem? i’m verry happy with my lill character and almost got my dreamer for it :p

in Asura

Carighan.6758

the weapons are only small when u dont wield them, they went bigger when u wield it, so whats the problem?

Well you state the problem right there!
And yes, I know they shrink it due to clipping issues with the headsize.

But, and I may just be thinking way too straightforward here, why not angle the weapons more. 2H Swords were rarely carried the way our characters carry them, anyhow. Just angle them 45° instead of 20°, and we could keep them full size. Easily.

in Asura

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I want a kittening plane wing for a weapon.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Asura

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

This reminds me of the carmine guns in Gears 3

in Asura

Posted by: Ace.1726

Ace.1726

This really needs to be changed, it’s pointless getting most weapons on an Asura because you can’t see them.

in Asura

Posted by: Ves.8236

Ves.8236

I do agree. I want to make my very own Asura but the only thing that prevent me from doing this is their rly tiny weapons. I rly cant see them without zooming ;) ArenaNet pls do something, so much people agree and begs you for it. I dont think it should be so hard to just change a bit position and size of weapon on Asurians models. Somone who created so amazing world shouldnt have a problem in making something like this ;)

Sorry for my english, im doing my best : <

From the smallest blade of grass to the highest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

in Asura

Posted by: normyp.8671

normyp.8671

Also if you have some sick armour noone can really see because all the detail is so miniature.

in Asura

Posted by: Kallist.5917

Kallist.5917

Would be really nice to see this in suggestions where we could get more attention to the issue. I hate not being able to see my weapons on my Asuran Thief.

in Asura

Posted by: tubi.9021

tubi.9021

This really needs a fix. A greatsword on asura looks like normal sword. And normal sword looks like a dagger. It’s really boring to play this race with this bug. Weapons should NOT scale by race. It’s one of the funniest things in playing smallest races that everything looks distorted big on you. Huge swords on tiny asuras. Now it’s just plain boring, no intrest in getting upgrades because you won’t notice anything anyways

same with shields, they just make me facepalm instantly. Why don’t we get a cool huge shield that covers us completely?

Attachments:

(edited by tubi.9021)

in Asura

Posted by: Hgeighty.4816

Hgeighty.4816

+1 for this.
I love my Asuran Guardian but i dont want to get it a legendary Great Sword atm as it will not really be noticed, and it will not stand out due to my size

[EU]Whiteside Ridge

in Asura

Posted by: Nomi Barom.7149

Nomi Barom.7149

I can’t believe such a huge issue is still not fixed :C. This is such a game killer for me. I’m literally going to have to re-roll half my characters as charr I guess, at which point I’m not even sure it’s worth it if there going to continue to ignore what looks like a simple scaling issue. Either they screwed something up drastically and can’t fix it, or they just don’t care.

in Asura

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Asuran risen Brutes with their tiny little hammer knockdown telegraph that we can’t see are totally OP. Plz nerf by making hammers actual size

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Asura

Carighan.6758

Really, teh weapon scaling when wielded is perfectly fine.

It’s when the weapon/shield is sheathed that it scales by ~25%.
And that is the annoying part.

I suspect it’s because of clipping issues with the back of our heads, but really, this is easy to fix:

• For 2H Swords, tilt them more. Greatswords when not carried in hand (which was the usual way) were worn slung behind the back anyhow, only rarely over the shoulder.
  • For Hammers, same deal, or carry in hand even when sheathed, but in a more relaxed way (could even have an idle animation where you swap the hand!).
  • For Bows, definitely carried in hand. Much more natural, too. Sheathed you just carry it lazily in one hand while standing relaxed, wielded you hold it in the current combat-ready pose.
  • For Shields, tilt them 75-90° on our backs.

That should allow all weapons to show full size even when sheathed.

in Asura

Posted by: Weir.5691

Weir.5691

Size does mater, we want bigger weapons!

in Asura

Posted by: Chimp.7946

Chimp.7946

This “bug” if I dare to call it a bug. Is extremely annoying. I can not find a single Hammer skins that looks remotely good stowed.

It stupid, it makes no sense and it should be fixed ASAP. It cant even be that hard to fix.

in Asura

Posted by: samizs.8952

samizs.8952

I have a Jormag’s breath on my asura thief and part of this sword is in the earth ….
ArenaNet needs to fix this bug, it is very strange

a system needs adjustment, according to each race.

(edited by samizs.8952)

in Asura

Posted by: Cele.5467

Cele.5467

Hello, I used to play Tera and they had this same issue of shrinking weapons, most noticable the Lancer class, i used to roll an Aman Lancer. and coulnd’t get past lvl 40 i got sick of my big kitten shields and lance shrinking every time i stowed them awayevery body noted it because Aman is the bigger race around a friend of mine rolled an Elin chilidish looking bunnygirls (don’t ask, the game is weird) she complained that her weapons were already tiny and got shrinked too. I hope this gets corrected because i just started rolling an Asura engineer and spent almost 2 hours on character creation :/

Im a photographer, Visit my website :D http://cele-cam.deviantart.com/

in Asura

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

I think asurua need a good graphics make over. I love my asura guardian and at this point is the only character I play anymore but it irritated me to no end all the clipping issues. My Final Rest is evidentally a plow since when I run the scythe is pointed at the ground (where as the char has it pointing to the side) so it is digging into the ground. The butcape on my arah armor clipps into my armor and weapons and my feet clip through it when I run…etc, etc, etc.

Come on Anet, have some standards…well better standards. Maybe they should make a gem store tool kit that eliminated clipping issues :-P

in Asura

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

Send in more tickets and maybe make a post about this in GD. The weapons could be a bit bigger and thicker. Some weapons are just so thin you can barely see them. Not sure why this hasn’t been fixed yet. It IS a problem for many who play Asura.

in Asura

Posted by: Grinder.1358

Grinder.1358

Jesus Anet, this is a HUGE problem that has been here for 11 months. We’re not going away, why even allow people to play as asura if you cant see half the weapons because they clip into the legs. This needs to be fixed, every single player playing as asura wants this, the clipping is absurd and I expected way better from you guys. Honestly i would just be happy if you made the weapons visible, please please please fix this it is a huge issue.

in Asura

Posted by: Zeffy.3984

Zeffy.3984

I’ve been away from the game since launch, and I’m super disappointed to see that there’s still a need for this thread. I was really hoping to return to weapons I could actually see on my Asura. :<

Zeffy | Asuran Guardian~

in Asura

Posted by: xbaunx.6438

xbaunx.6438

I like the idea of weapon size being scaled up on Asura for two reasons:

Legendaries… obviously

Over-sized weapons would fit well with the eccentric style of Asura, tiny warrior wielding a huge sword, etc.

in Asura

Posted by: itsUrbanHD.5314

itsUrbanHD.5314

when you look at the style of asura , they wobble on there feet and loose balance when they jump, when a asura guardian wields a great sword he/she should be dragging that bad boy across the ground and it would look epic!

in Asura

Posted by: Luizfvb.4823

Luizfvb.4823

i like tiny weapons, they look cute X*