One problem with Asura... Tiny weapons!

in Asura

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

Any weapons you stow on Asura char is mostly super tiny and clip into gears.

For example the staff shrinks if you stow it and grow if you take it out (combat pose).
The staff should remain the same size even stow.

Other races doesn’t have this issues, the staff remain the same length and goes over the head. ie. Human stow with a staff, is higher than his or her head on the back.

Asura is clip into the head and below the head level big time.

I do notice Asura races gears portion size is all wrong to me. It needs adjustment.

Most of the time I cannot spot my weapons. Especially if you have daggers and offhand. those things cannot be seen at all if you are wearing robes.

Some what disappointed.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

in Asura

DJRiful.3749

Here is the demo.

Attachments:

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

in Asura

DJRiful.3749

Here how it should be:

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: Sbuzz.3071

Sbuzz.3071

So the weapon issue is really making me wish I rolled another race. The staff pic you did is a perfect example.

Marf Corkscrew- Engineer-Tarnished Coast
Martok- Mesmer-Tarnished Coast
Taldonus- Mesmer- Tarnished Coast

in Asura

Posted by: Nemesis.1948

Nemesis.1948

Exact same here Sbuzz! I just feel mad when I see those big Norns and Charrs with their gigantic swords

in Asura

Posted by: Sbuzz.3071

Sbuzz.3071

Well, Anet is pretty good at listening and fixing little things like this. Lets hope they listen and do a few changes!

Marf Corkscrew- Engineer-Tarnished Coast
Martok- Mesmer-Tarnished Coast
Taldonus- Mesmer- Tarnished Coast

in Asura

Posted by: murasamune.2756

murasamune.2756

the ratio just needs to be fixed. they dont need to look huge but this is a great example of it not working

in Asura

DJRiful.3749

Additional shot: If you guys haven’t notice if you un-stow your staff or any weapons. It grows bigger to the correct ratio.

When you stow your weapon, it looks odd because it shrink for no reason. There is enough room for the weapons behind the back. I’m not sure what is the issue with the gear designer at Anet…

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

Try having pistols… I’ve pretty much stopped playing my Engineer because of this because I really have no desire to get better looking weapons because they’re hardly noticeable as is. I made a post about this earlier too. My human mesmer will have to do I suppose.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in Asura

Posted by: Pneumothorax.2964

Pneumothorax.2964

Agreed !

(message must be longer)

in Asura

Posted by: Thagyr.4136

Thagyr.4136

Most large shields clip into my back on my Asura. Even the Asuran tier 3 shield which is ironic.

in Asura

Posted by: Rain King.5914

Rain King.5914

I like your photoshop examples. They have a lot of more pressing matters for the moment but I hope the right dev that can make this happen reads this thread.

in Asura

Posted by: FlashbackJon.9627

FlashbackJon.9627

I’m guessing that stowed weapons scale based on torso size for all races (in the range of 95% certainty here) and the Asura torso is much smaller compared to their total body size.

e.g. if the asura head was the same size compared to the torso as the human head compared to the human torso, it would look correct.

Long story short, I imagine that to fix this, they’ll have to build in exceptions to an existing universal rule, which is never fun, as a developer. On the bright side, it opens the door to a lot of other options (and bugs, hooray!). As always, there’s a cost/benefit analysis to be done there.

Higgsi Bosaan, Asura Warrior of the Order of Whispers [Crystal Desert]
“I am only detectable by the aftermath of my annihilation.”

in Asura

Posted by: Motorbreath.7835

Motorbreath.7835

Yeh, it’s a bit ridiculous. Please make them bigger (much bigger), can’t even see pistols/daggers… Doesn’t mind if you get better looking gear, cause you won’t see it :S

in Asura

Posted by: Trismegistos.3046

Trismegistos.3046

their scale is absolutely FINE.

wow gear style —-→ that way —-→

in Asura

DJRiful.3749

wow gear style —--> that way —-->

Not sure what’s wow style are you talking about. This is base on my own perspective.

I assume you’re trolling.

in Asura

Posted by: Motorbreath.7835

Motorbreath.7835

Yep, quite low post.

In a game where biggest pvp “carrot” is trying to get better looking gear, it would be nice if you could at least see it. If you wanna talk about WoW, I think you are missing the point.

in Asura

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

It definately needs tweaked. My engineer wields pistols that are smaller then her hands.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

in Asura

Posted by: Area.7480

Area.7480

The shield somehow doesn’t suffer from this issue since there’s no tower shield around.

in Asura

Posted by: Detahmaio.2014

Detahmaio.2014

Weapons are a problem I can’t see my sceptre, Warhorn, Axe, Daggers or focus. Also the armour design for the asura is underwhelming When I see my guildies in their armour I’m like wow that is super just to look at mine and go

in Asura

DJRiful.3749

Armors looks boring on Asura. Sorry to say this but in comparison to other races. It have big differences.

Screenshot below are the SAME armor I crafted and I put on preview between 2 races. You decide which one looks best.

For the whole time, I have been wondering why all the armors I got looks like crap. How are other people getting those epic looks while in the past 80 levels. None of them looks good at all.

Then I made a human and do a preview armor test on them… Sorry, I’m rerolling. I don’t mine making the same profession and level it again. It was disappointing, for spending all my times on an Asura at the end.

I know stats wise what’s count the most but I’m on of the person also prefer styles. Especially in sPVP, stats are all same across all gears but the look makes up everything.

Attachments:

(edited by DJRiful.3749)

in Asura

Detahmaio.2014

The armour should seriously be the same model as the other races or very unique and all stylish. I actually made all humans toons after my eng and necro because it just looks better on humans.

in Asura

Posted by: Tap.9430

Tap.9430

See, I noticed this, but I’ve come to think of it like this:

Asura weapons change size by design, it’s obviously some advance Asura Tech that they created to allow them to carry all these weapons around while keeping a lower total weight to their gear, but they still need to be able to grab it from the holster and there is a limit to how much they can shrink something before it starts acting weird so they only shrink their weapons by x% while it’s not in use, then when they grab it there are buttons in the grip that extend it to full size!

Asura magic.

How does it work?

in Asura

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

Well if you complain about staffs look at Hammer and mace. Polo hammer ? WTF I wanted a weapon.

Don’t pin me down on it but I think they scaled the hole weapons down with one tool ( not like you normaly do it by scaling down the weapon part by part on so they look nice ) and it only strongers my belive that Ncsoft rushed A-net to bring out the game.

Blub.

in Asura

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

I noticed this also, some of the weapons seem just too small on the Asura.

None of my characters use a dagger, but when doing a preview, I noticed the Asura made daggers don’t even have a sharp tip on the end, its rounded or square, which is stupid. Although I don’t care much for the Asura race type weapon design. Its too block shaped.

in Asura

Posted by: Gynxz.4079

Gynxz.4079

My biggest problem is that I have to take out Chest and pants to be able to notice a gun/dagger/sword/etc. Also, allow us to Zoom in or have a separate window with just the item.

in Asura

Posted by: Santent.3647

Santent.3647

This is why i wont mess with weapon skins any time soon.

:——: Santent – 80 Thief —--:
Gate of Madness – Chaos Legion (CL)

in Asura

LaronX.8079

Well you can do it if you have a GS Santent. Everything else either clips with your armor or is to small to really care about.

Blub.

in Asura

Posted by: Vigilence.4902

Vigilence.4902

Please troll elsewhere, oh and I agreed with op’s observation!

in Asura

Posted by: valdamus.6289

valdamus.6289

I agree 110%. I hate the look of my GS while I play my guardian. U wish I could pay $10~15 and chance races to a norm just so I can have a massive GS. Not to mention hit boxes scale down wtffff?

in Asura

Posted by: AJP.8610

AJP.8610

I agree with the OP

[VcY] Velocity ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Flemmox ~ Elementalist
Gormlaith Greycloak ~ Guardian

in Asura

LaronX.8079

I agree 110%. I hate the look of my GS while I play my guardian. U wish I could pay $10~15 and chance races to a norm just so I can have a massive GS. Not to mention hit boxes scale down wtffff?

No hit boxes don’t scale down. They are so not doing it focing me to thing like I am twice as high when I see something flying at me. Only tryed it on sPvP though in PvE not much comes flying atm most of the time I jump in first.

Blub.

in Asura

Posted by: zitroz.9381

zitroz.9381

There’s allready another threat like this
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/races/asura/Scale-on-weapons/first#post145089
But I get that it’s not too easy to find.

in Asura

Posted by: Creature.4038

Creature.4038

daggers and pistols really need to be increased in size

in Asura

Posted by: DJSkittles.7196

DJSkittles.7196

sum1 link a glowing staff, i need a staff thats gounna catch sum1’s eyes.

in Asura

Detahmaio.2014

sum1 link a glowing staff, i need a staff thats gounna catch sum1’s eyes.

I have yet to see a decent looking staff without it being an exotic. All the staves look like sticks with a crystal on it.

The asura cultural staff kinda looks like a spear looks pretty cool for 40k karma r so.

in Asura

Posted by: Gladiatus.8493

Gladiatus.8493

i agree that weapon is too small and i hope they will fix it bigger ( I play war asura and i really want to see the greatsword with bigger size ) .

in Asura

Posted by: Seffie.4120

Seffie.4120

I hope they don’t change it. Why would you chose the smallest class and expect large weapons?

in Asura

Detahmaio.2014

I hope they don’t change it. Why would you chose the smallest class and expect large weapons?

Do you realize some weapons are so small you can’t see them when it’s sheathed.

in Asura

Posted by: NudeDude.2645

NudeDude.2645

Agreed, i can bearly see what my daggers look like :S

in Asura

Posted by: Finito.7192

Finito.7192

Because you want your weapon to be two times bigger than you…

in Asura

Posted by: kasiba.5829

kasiba.5829

I agree the wepon’s must be bigger

in Asura

Posted by: ildjarn.7321

ildjarn.7321

Very good post and very well done examples DJRiful! I totally agree this is problem for asuras should be fixed ASAP.

Näin on.

in Asura

Posted by: matjazmuhic.1649

matjazmuhic.1649

I regret picking asura for my guardian cause the GS looks like a norn dagger. Just make it bigger and let the asuras wear a little angled.

in Asura

Posted by: DoctorWhy.3847

DoctorWhy.3847

I don’t mind it either way. Though, I think it would be pretty epic to have a giant sword on such a small creature. I do agree that there are clipping problems though, but I have played enough games to realize this is unavoidable. I actually made my character as small as possible, as I think I am cute as kitten.

The reason they change the armor look? Hope you don’t mind if I be crude (but I am willing to bet is the reason). Take off all your clothes as other races females. What do you notice? They all (actually, not sure about the Charrs) have underwear. What do the Asura women have? A swim suit. Why? Because they don’t want to have any content that may be controversial in certain countries. Countries like Australia have a ban on any (even a tiny bit) sexual representation of a woman with no breasts. Why? Because they think it is depicting a child.

DJRiful, I hope that explains the problem with the armor you posted pictures about. They can’t have Asura be represented as sexual, because some people may think they are children, and GW2 would be banned in some countries. But that doesn’t stop them from making the bigger, more older looking women from having sexual armor with a lot of cleavage.

in Asura

Posted by: Marconius.8064

Marconius.8064

I haven’t really noticed weapons shrinking, though I am a thief, so my weapons are all one-handed. If they do change size when you draw them, that’s silly and should be fixed. Other than that, however, I think the weapon sizes are fine, I don’t want unrealistically massive weapons. I even think some of the dagger models are too long.

in Asura

Posted by: AndrewWaltfeld.4621

AndrewWaltfeld.4621

I agree that some of the weapons like the great-sword and staff etc need to be fixed. But I do not want to see an Asura wandering around with a 7ft long great-sword for example. I despise that type of fantasy and it would ruin the Asura Warrior Alt I have on the side for me since I know for a fact that my Asura Warrior couldn’t lift it up.

I’m all for fixing that annoying small-large but I don’t want absurd sizes for a small body. I don’t want to be Emo Cloud from Final Fantasy in any shape or form.

in Asura

Posted by: Athens.6125

Athens.6125

Little people have little things! If I am 4 foot tall, I am not going to build a chair for someone who stands 6 feet.

In RL there is a custom built house for a little person not to far from where we live. It’s funny to see all these big houses and then a wee little house. But what we view as small is the perfect size for this person.

in Asura

Posted by: Passive Aggressive.3154

Passive Aggressive.3154

I was checking this out on my Asura Guardian the other day and I think the problem is that the Greatsword at least would very badly clip into the ground if they made it any bigger while the weapon isn’t in use. Maybe it is something they could address in the future but I doubt it is very high on their lists of priorities. Anyway it doesn’t bother me too much because I like to run with my greatsword or hammer out since the animation is so awesome.

“Do what you want to do and don’t tell other people how to behave.” ~ Ruth Stout

in Asura

Posted by: Marconius.8064

Marconius.8064

I just switched to sword from dagger on my thief and noticed an issue… the kitten thing clips into the ground when my character is standing still! Serious WoW gnome flashbacks there, ugh. I really hope that’s something that gets fixed, because it’s such a small issue, but it seriously bothers me. Make swords smaller or make asura sheathe one-handed swords on their backs or something, just don’t make the tip drag the dirt, please!