Reasons you like your Asura

in Asura

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

Her ears…

Also, Luqq and Zoijja goin’ round and kicking bookah butt – good times!

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

in Asura

Posted by: Arkengel RaF.9672

Arkengel RaF.9672

" Not it! I hate titles. They always come with expectations and responsiblity."

in Asura

Posted by: Torafugu.1087

Torafugu.1087

They are nerdy.

in Asura

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

How can you not love experiments on every step and if something blows up…well it was for the good of science;)

Also nearly any quest involving asura is filled with tons of fun, humor and sarcasm, and the way their ears flap while they run;)

Not to mention nothing beats running around as asura and calling rest of your party “shrimps” or “sidekicks”.

Did i mention quest where you “find” “volunteers” for “safe” experiment among the scritt? Most evil fun ever!:)

Oh and their maps…beutiful. Jungle + high science works for me;) Rata Sum is awesome!

in Asura

Posted by: Cosine.1786

Cosine.1786

1) The main reason: the animations. Asura animations are bouncy and fluid and interesting and feel like they’re from a different game compared to humans and their dull, rigid upright palette of animation.

2) They’re like gnomes but not taken entirely for comic relief, and are considerably more kitten. They’re still the funniest race in the game, but not in a ‘haha, look at the short people’ way.

3) Best dialouge in the game. “Don’t panic; this is a test of our emergency preparedness. You all fail.”

4) Cute robots. Also with great dialouge. “I will now perform a soothing cranial massage. With my fists.”

in Asura

Posted by: PaytonPixie.2751

PaytonPixie.2751

I love my Asura, I’m brand new to the game and Asura is what I started with, she’s just so little and goofy, plus the culture and mannerisms are just too grand. Then of course as a ranger I love that I can have pretty much any pet and it will always be twice my size.

in Asura

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

They way female asura is smiling while wielding flamethrower - priceless

I like the building design, something unique among all those rough buildings around Tyria. I’m pretty sensitive for symetry and regular shapes

Scientist with modern technology > skilled traditional craftsman. Unique feature again, the only race which keeps progressing

Asura are tiny, I like to be tiny. It seems like I’m doing everything faster, generally being more dynamic. I can sneak everywhere, pass without drawing attention. Also small body is somehow manifestation of strong mind

I like them being so plainspoken, as in RL I’m not respecting common etiquette of kind lies. I always liked races/factions which were telling the painful truth, treating everyone how they deserve to be treated, not like the etiquette is telling to do

in Asura

Posted by: ddoi.9264

ddoi.9264

I was trying to make a necro that would look nice in the headgear you are given at creation. Sylvari looked ridiculous, human and norn was meh, and charr was just weird. Then I made an asuran necro and I…I couldn’t help it.

I’m guessing the skull mask is supposed to make them look scary or dark at least, but on the asura it gives that cartoony smiley skull look that makes them look very cute.

Also like everyone said the animations on asura is superb. You can really see they put a lot of effort into it. The illusion that you seem to be running faster due to the legs moving more often is a nice bonus too. Can’t stand playing charr due to the slow moving running animation. I know it’s the same speed but it feels so sluggish compared to asura.

Attachments:

(edited by ddoi.9264)

in Asura

Posted by: Tjihyana.2536

Tjihyana.2536

ddoi, oh my god that is adorable.

The Demon Masque made mine look a bit serious, but it’s most likely because she has a fairly serious look as it is.

Edit: Note that my picture is fairly old, back from lvl 12 or so. I hit 56 yesterday so… yeah :P

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: Singh.8206

Singh.8206

I am now totally hooked on my Asura! I know I’m not the only one so I wanted to see why everyone else likes them.
My main reasons are:
1. When I dodge she looks like Yoda jumping around
2. The unnecessarily large vocabulary aka “structural integrity has been compromised”
3. So cute and sarcastic

Started out Asura, then tried all the other races in all the classes.
Ended up deleting and and going back playing Asura.
My reasons are the same for the most as Chocomamma’s, I also have to admit I love the way my warrior looks carrying around this gigantic hammer and smashing the crap out of creatures. lol

in Asura

Posted by: funkin.3814

funkin.3814

The way they bob around waiting to jump into a fight when their weaps are drawn, the little grunts when they’re jumping or dancing, the ear perk in combat (on further reflection i may ditch my hood so i can see that again), the clever sayings, the death scream (though very, very sad), but most of all…. They’re so very, very sassy.!

Can I get any better? Indeed, i can!

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

in Asura

Posted by: Vekthor.8914

Vekthor.8914

They give me a feeling that the game isn’t so serious. I like playing games for fun and relaxing, not being competitive and looking scary/hardcore. With the Asura, I can feel like everything I’m doing is wacky and somewhat cartoonish, and that’s awesome. The fact that I can kill dragons and take over keeps while looking that way is even better.

I really liked the Sylvari concept, and I am indeed leveling one right now, but I can’t help it but feel like I’d be having more fun if he were an Asura. Being a murdeous little genius is just that great.

in Asura

Posted by: Strodor.6051

Strodor.6051

This is my Asura elementalist, She’s just so kitten adorable!

what’s not to love about the asura?

Attachments:

Smaggle – Asura elementalist [INT]

in Asura

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

The reason I love my Asuras: the first I made was just cute. The 2nd one I remade a look from someone who posted a pic in the cutest asura thread (modified for male) and he looks awesome and even cute at a certain angle :P

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: Newgates.5218

Newgates.5218

I love asura because of how its the only small sized class in this game and they generally have a rounder face compared to all the other characters! However its quite sad that most of my weapons end of clipping through my armors when sheathed =/ Wonder if it would be fixed soon.

Attachments:

(edited by Newgates.5218)

in Asura

Posted by: Riiko.4512

Riiko.4512

I really love Asuras ! For one, the animations are adorable. Especially the dancing.
Also, I find it really cool how my Asura warrior yells "For great Justice ! " , pulls out her rifle with one hand and fires away at a towering foe. The awesome dodge roll also roped me in .

Here is my favorite dialogue so far:
" I have a major in pain, and a minor in suffering . "

[AHMA] – Rev
Perpetually in the mists

in Asura

Posted by: Strodor.6051

Strodor.6051

I really love Asuras ! For one, the animations are adorable. Especially the dancing.
Also, I find it really cool how my Asura warrior yells "For great Justice ! " , pulls out her rifle with one hand and fires away at a towering foe. The awesome dodge roll also roped me in .

Here is my favorite dialogue so far:
" I have a major in pain, and a minor in suffering . "

This is my favorite “You’re dumb, You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse”

Smaggle – Asura elementalist [INT]

in Asura

Posted by: Vorpal Smilodon.3025

Vorpal Smilodon.3025

I love the fact that these tiny little adorabloodthirsty sociopathic geniuses hold their own with the other races. That’s right, my smallest available height asura warrior is in fact just as strong as your bulked out norn warrior. Talk about efficiency!

The only problem with an asuran toon is that they clip like crazy, armor/weapons/ears…

in Asura

Posted by: lapertz.7965

lapertz.7965

Why do I love my Asura character?

1. They’re cute
2. They’re so little you hardly notice them during WvW…plus they’re cute
3. They wield weapons bigger than them which makes them look cute
4. Funny cute voices

hmmmm and did I forgot to mentioned they’re cute… LMAO

in Asura

Posted by: Aequitas.6402

Aequitas.6402

A male Asura necromancer’s voice acting is the greatest thing, especially if you use a minion-heavy build. My personal favourites are still “On your…. uh…. feet!” and “Each more hideous than the last.”

in Asura

Posted by: Chipster.6713

Chipster.6713

The character feels so alive. I’ve never played any other game before with a race that looks and feels so alive. It’s awesome

in Asura

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

“And now… To destroy you!”

Gotta love my Asura. XD

in Asura

Posted by: aPutridCorpse.8792

aPutridCorpse.8792

I just like their lack of size

Level 80 Asura Ranger
Level 30 Human Guardian

in Asura

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

The animations are pretty much the best in the game for all races. ( All other pretty much get the same animations. Charr have some but only a few)

There Voice is just great. Both male and female have a great and fun lines you can hear over and over again. While some other races , especial the females, have some pretty lame lines ( female sylvari getting hit anyone?).

On top of that they have the best cutrual amour, Labs all over ther starting area and a awesome city.

Blub.

in Asura

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

1. neko-golems in the fractals dungeon.
  2. the way they walk
  3. the way they talk
  4. the way they bounce when stopping
  5. the way they spin in place makes me smile
  6. the way they stand on one foot to /wave
  7. the way they jump up and down
  8. the way they /sit

their beady eyes in a vigil helmet
asuran children are so tiny!

(edited by rgrwng.4072)

in Asura

Posted by: Hashi.7316

Hashi.7316

Flips

Just flips

in Asura

Posted by: Arkengel RaF.9672

Arkengel RaF.9672

Example #1

The following conversation takes place at the college of Dynamics in Rata Sum.

Gleea: “My latest invention is a process in which dust transform into potable water.”

Zorann: “Technically a process is not an invention, is a discovery.”

Gleea: “My next invention is a process to close your oral orifice.”

Now you tell me how can you not love this race?

in Asura

Posted by: Dried Donkey.8504

Dried Donkey.8504

because she looks like an albino mouse! thats hella cute!

in Asura

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

the perk up ears and the sense that he’s moving quickly, not lumbering along in slo mo like the Charr and Norn.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Asura

Posted by: Truefaith.2039

Truefaith.2039

Its just the attitude they have, it breems with confidence and a high degree of smugness. Reminds me of myself with all the technobabble as a PC tech too..

Hatchback Delorean (80 Asuran Warrior)/ Aegis Wolfsblood (80 Charr Guardian)/ Dërp (80 Human Mesmer)
[PRO]

in Asura

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

“You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.”

Ha! Yesterday she said it! Twice! After like 15 weeks. She had never said it before, I already thought my Asura was broken. xD

in Asura

Posted by: Zombified.5470

Zombified.5470

My Asura is connected to me in some weird personal way. Maybe its his attitude, or just the way he carries himself. I love how he perks up when he is ready for combat, ie. his little ears! He has the same sense of humor as me which I can’t help but chuckle when I hear his random comments. The way his animations make him look almost drunk, stumbling around, but always just able to keep himself from falling haha. And of course his flips, and acrobatics are really cool to watch, only amplified because of his skill moves (hes a thief). He was not the first character I made, but once I made him I became connected emotionally and now he is my main.

in Asura

Posted by: bambooxfox.5169

bambooxfox.5169

The way they bounce when weapons are unsheathed.

Their sharp little teeth. It’s creepy and adorable at the same time.

The expressive ears! Sometimes I emote for no reason just to watch the ears move.

in Asura

Posted by: Riiko.4512

Riiko.4512

Example #1

The following conversation takes place at the college of Dynamics in Rata Sum.

Gleea: “My latest invention is a process in which dust transform into potable water.”

Zorann: “Technically a process is not an invention, is a discovery.”

Gleea: “My next invention is a process to close your oral orifice.”

Now you tell me how can you not love this race?

^ Now This. Made my day.

[AHMA] – Rev
Perpetually in the mists

in Asura

Posted by: Shoogli.6185

Shoogli.6185

I have the Rata-Sum load screen as my desktop wallpaper :P !!!

in Asura

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

This thread is closed.
The discussion continues here.