Why can't I make my asura look sexy?

in Asura

Posted by: Shinji.8320

Shinji.8320

Q:

All the asura armor is the same on both genders. I find it hard to believe that asura are so predominantly intellectual that they have no concept of “sexiness.” I want to be able to make my female asura look a little more seductive than any armor I’ve seen will allow. Further, armor that on humans/norn/sylvari looks incredibly sexy, bordering on skimpy, looks demure and honestly kind of prudish on female asura. Why is this?

Ps. If any of the devs see this, I WANT YOU TO SERIOUSLY CONSIDER CHANGING THIS because it would make the game that much more fun.

#Revive14kThiefBackstabs
Phnglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu Rl’yeh wga’nagl fhtagn.

in Asura

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

A:

Asura females share most of the same armor models with the males because the human/norn/sylvari female versions are usually adapted for their prominent primate breasts. Since asura do not have those, the vast majority of female armor models would look awkward on them.

The Ancestral Outfit is a good example. It uses the female model on asura females, and we get this useless, out of place “boob window” on the chest that really shouldn’t be there.

Besides, as already mentioned previously, asura do not share the same concept of “sexiness” as humans do. Larger ears are your best bets when it comes to asuran physical attraction, along with a big head for a big brain. Asura will certainly choose a smarter partner over a good-looking one anytime; in the society they live in, intellect is what matters the most.

I, for one, think asura should continue wearing unisex armor. They just look better, and I really don’t want to see my mesmer in an ugly froo-froo skirt.

in Asura

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

Anet is far too lazy to make female armor for non Humans/Norn/Sylvari. As for skimpy… well if you play a heavy there’s a skirt you can wear but that’s about it.

in Asura

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

The out of lore explanation is that the asura look too child like so a-net felt uncomfortable with it. It was stated before release.

An in lore explanation may be that since the body types are basically the same, there is really no mystery so “sexy-ness” wouldn’t have strong ground to develop on.

in Asura

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

It’s in the ears, buddy. The ears.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

in Asura

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Scallywag chest.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Asura

Lilith Ajit.6173

My sexy warrior? I don’t know about sexy but I like her!

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Asura

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

It can be done, its just very difficult. You have to rely less on armor skimpiness and more on your ears, hairstyle and general appearance.

Though, I guess that would be correct with lore. :P

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

in Asura

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

What may be sexy to you may not be what asura find sexy. Also, with their unusual body shape anything “sexy” or feminine is just going to end up being as bad as town clothes on female charr.

Why would someone even want a sexy asura anyways?! Most of them look children and the ones that don’t look like children are cringe worthy.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

in Asura

Lilith Ajit.6173

Asura females share most of the same armor models with the males because the human/norn/sylvari female versions are usually adapted for their prominent primate breasts. Since asura do not have those, the vast majority of female armor models would look awkward on them.

The Ancestral Outfit is a good example. It uses the female model on asura females, and we get this useless, out of place “boob window” on the chest that really shouldn’t be there.

Besides, as already mentioned previously, asura do not share the same concept of “sexiness” as humans do. Larger ears are your best bets when it comes to asuran physical attraction, along with a big head for a big brain. Asura will certainly choose a smarter partner over a good-looking one anytime; in the society they live in, intellect is what matters the most.

I, for one, think asura should continue wearing unisex armor. They just look better, and I really don’t want to see my mesmer in an ugly froo-froo skirt.

I feel that the ancestral outfit even with the boob window looks adorable.

Attachments:

[ARES]

in Asura

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Give me mah female Assassins outfit, pliss.

in Asura

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

I simply believe asura’s concept of sexyness differs from ours.

…and don’t make me think of asura dirty talking, i bet it’s like making love to your math teacher.

in Asura

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

All about the ears <3 :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Asura

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Ear-bras = a bra to conceal those distractingly sexy ears as they bob and sway when Asura do their highly energetic movements.

in Asura

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Just because Asura don’t have breasts doesn’t mean they can’t still wear the feminine version of clothes, just look at the ancestral outfit. It’s far, FAR more suiting. Sexy is not the word I’d use because they look like 6 year old girls, but definitely feminine and girlish. This has always been one major reason why I never played an Asura until recently because I don’t like that the girls had to wear the male version of armor.

This subject has been going on since the launch of the game because people have always been disappointed in this. With the fact that some of the newer costume outfits now being the female version, they’re obviously trying to do it where they can, they will probably never go back and do it for older skins but hopefully for everything in the future they will.

(edited by Shanna.4762)

in Asura

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

The out of lore explanation is that the asura look too child like so a-net felt uncomfortable with it. It was stated before release.

An in lore explanation may be that since the body types are basically the same, there is really no mystery so “sexy-ness” wouldn’t have strong ground to develop on.

I don’t see how Asura look child-like at all (human childlike) bar their height.

In lore explanation is that, as noted, they often look for the Ears as part of the physical attraction. To Asura, SMART is sexy. Not being physically attractive.

in Asura

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

you know, if we take natural selection into the equation it sounds logical that asuras would eventually become really smart if they considered being smart the most important feature in sexiness.

in Asura

Hannelore.8153

But not all Asura are the same, just like not all Humans are the same. Finding the intelligence and the ears sexy is the cultural norm, not the requirement. If you pay attention to some various NPCs out in the world in the game, some of them are more included towards physical attraction towards one another, and in a few rare cases even towards other races. The more secluded an Asura is from other Asura, the more likely they seem to develop physical attractions instead.

The Asura player character also has limited interest in NPCs, even stupid Norns. While this could be due to mechanics, it still exists nonetheless.

Lower-intelligence Asura (which are far more common than it may seem), may also have an inclination towards physical attraction, and they seem to be more social overall as these are usually the Asura found in groups or organizations (e.g The Pact) outside of krewes, colleges and the rest of Rata Sum.

So essentially, the tendancy for the Asura to stick to cultural norms seems to be exactly the same as other races: It has alot to do with their proximity to their lands and their people, and less influence from other races. As they travel out into the world, become more secluded and have to socialize and thus, be influenced by, other races this seems to be begin to weaken significantly, although it still remains ever present.

Both in in-game lore and in roleplaying, it has also been shown that Asura can be completely resocialized to another culture with enough time. For example, pirate Asura seem to be far separated from their racial conditioning.

I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

in Asura

Dustfinger.9510

Yeah, we don’t have boobs but we should be able to wear the female version of armor / outfit! In real life, girls who have small boobs don’t wear male clothes, duh!

female cloths aren’t necessarily revealing either.

Attachments:

in Asura

Esplen.3940

I don’t see how Asura look child-like at all (human childlike) bar their height.

In lore explanation is that, as noted, they often look for the Ears as part of the physical attraction. To Asura, SMART is sexy. Not being physically attractive.

Actually, ears is sexy… and having the same ideology. Smartness is not a part of the equation, unless you’re too dumb to understand the concepts.

in Asura

Aguri.2896

Yeah, we don’t have boobs but we should be able to wear the female version of armor / outfit! In real life, girls who have small boobs don’t wear male clothes, duh!

My Asura is female and I’m sick of looking like a guy. The Ancestral outfit would be nice but I hate it when my toes clip through boots. More options for female Asura clothes and proper holes for our toes, please! -_-

FEMALE PIRATE AND ASSASSIN OUTFITS, PLEASE!

No… just no. Assassin outfit maybe, pirate outfit should be outlawed. If my female asura were feminized and sexualized, I’d delete them. Why? Because that’s not what they were when I made them and one of the draws for me was the lack of sexuality. How is it fair to change/remove something that other people like? I’m so sick of only being able to be strong buff men or skimpy, weak and sexualized females. I like the asura and their gender neutralness/equality.

Also, you can make feminine asura very easily if you mix-and match armor and choose appropriate colors. Don’t forget the fancy-winter outfit and witches outfit either, both are dresses and very feminine.

in Asura

Esplen.3940

I like female assassin’s because it’s not sexual, but it is feminine.

in Asura

Dustfinger.9510

I like the unisex coats on the asura. I use the same one.

Attachments:

in Asura

Dustfinger.9510

Thanky. I the steampunk look they offer and it fits with the interest in the charr tech.

in Asura

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m of two minds on this. On the one hand, Asura have entirely different standards of sexuality (ears are a big indicator of sexual fitness for them), and since their attraction tends to be towards intellectual fitness (Taimi: “You bookahs put too much emphasis on physical appearance. It’s what’s between your ears that counts!”), they likely wouldn’t be very concerned with fashion that clearly indicates one’s gender, especially since it seems as a general rule, female Asura have shorter, more pointed ears, while males have longer, floppier ones. It would therefore be fairly easy to tell an Asura’s gender just by looking at their ears and facial features.

On the other hand, given cultural diffusion, who’s to say that modern female Asura can’t adopt the customs and fashion of other races and start dressing differently if that’s what they wanted to do?

in Asura

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Well, I don’t know about “sexy” but I think my Asura at least looks female enough – even with her new – not so female – haircut. I have to admit, I get the “is this a female or a male Asura” question a lot. But this is mainly from people who are not familiar with the gender specific facial options on Asura (not counting the new ones where there sadly is no difference indeed) and want to know how to reproduce a similar face.

Since Asura are very childlike, especially the female ones when using the eye-size slider to its full potential, I don’t think I would want any “sexy” armor for Asura. Not on my own char, but also not running around all over Tyria.

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Well, I don’t know about “sexy” but I think my Asura at least looks female enough – even with her new – not so female – haircut.

It’s easy to look female-ish in light armor. Now try medium armor, 98% of the stuff are clipping and look like cr@p. Too bad I just don’t enjoy the light armor professions… : (

I know that medium armor can be very limiting with all those coats… But this is a general problem not just on Asura but spread over all races (with the respective complaints spread all over the forums). I’m glad that Asura don’t have the famous human t3 armor though…

There are some medium sets that look quite nice, but the estimate with 98% not looking good at all seems to be very accurate… I’m currently not at home, so I can’t play with my wardrobe and mix sets right now – so I have to rely on other sources…

One of the nicer sets could be the vigil set, just as an example:
http://www.gw2armor.com/asura/female/vigil/medium/display_looks.php

The cultural T2 also doesn’t look too bad in my opinion:
http://www.gw2armor.com/asura/female/c2/medium/display_looks.php

That really isn’t much… Acually the rest looks just all the same to me… I think the key for a feminine look lies in the face (or even more importantly: in the eyes, since with medium armor you often have masks covering half of your face)… Other than that you really just can make the headpiece invisble to not look like any other random male Asura…

(edited by Rayti.6531)

in Asura

Aguri.2896

No… just no. Assassin outfit maybe, pirate outfit should be outlawed. If my female asura were feminized and sexualized, I’d delete them.

What if I told you that the Pirate outfit wouldn’t be “sexy” on Asura females at all? It would show some skin, yes, but it still wouldn’t be “sexy” because we are just… not sexy. I am not the OP, I don’t want to be sexy. I just want to look slightly more female-ish and I want clothes that don’t CLIP on my Asura… And the female version of the Pirate outfit would be one of them because it’s not a stupid huge skirt or huge coat… -_-

My current armor (see below) does not show ANY skin and I’m perfectly okay with that, I just wear this top because this is the only freaking thing that isn’t clipping!!! It’s also quite unisex and I like it!! Why can’t I have more stuff like this? Everything else clips with my arms and weapons and/or looks too guy-ish… Why? -_- We need more customization options because 98% of the medium armor we have is a clipping nightmare. Or fix the stuff we have.

And yes, the dresses you mentioned clip like hell! As a medium armor user, why do I have to wear stupid coats all the time? Let me wear something like THIS. WHY IS THIS A LIGHT ARMOR? WHY CAN’T I HAVE AN ARMOR LIKE THIS?! It’s not sexy, it’s tight and unisex. Exactly what I want but NOOO, I get clipping coats, coats, coats, MALE CLOTHES and more coats! Unfair or unfair? : (

I didn’t say I thought the pirate outfit would be sexy. I just imagined it on an asura and realized it would look absolutely horrible. Also, sexualized doesn’t have to be used to describe something that is sexy. That word can be used to describe something heavily influenced by gender, also known as a sex. My point was that it’s putting too much emphasis on gender and that’s not really the way asura are supposed to be. They have plenty of feminine hairstyles already and if you work at the armor you can make it fit.. I just don’t think existing outfits should be changed and certainly not the whole way asura perceive gender. A lot of your problem seems to be a general asura/medium armor issue anyways. I have only one medium armor asura because there is only one coat that looks good period and that is the T2 coat. As for the clipping, if your not a human/norn/sylvari get used it because it’s here to stay : (

in Asura

Posted by: Zombrawgs.3701

Zombrawgs.3701

OP can make countless variations of sexy humans, sexy norn, and sexy sylvari in this game. Having a couple races that aren’t sexualized won’t hurt anyone. If that’s not enough sexyness, there’s Aion, Tera, SWTOR, WoW, DCUO…

As for femininity in general. Facial features, hair, and ears are top priority in making a feminine asura. Armor class doesn’t matter. Just mix up the style pieces and learn some color theory.

My asura ranger is androgynous, yet feminine leaning. Small ears and large eyes being the feminine factor. And that’s all you need to get that across. If anyone’s looking for medium armor options, I highly recommend the Aetherblade jacket. Just. Gosh. Didn’t really play this character much until I acquired this set.

Just. Please. Let me keep the one lady race that can wear legitimately wear tuxes and look kitten in them alone. That medium Aetherblade for sylvari/norn/human? It’s just a dress with a bowtie. A snazzy dress, but still a dress. Light Aetherblade is fine on a female charr, but wow do asura women look ever so dapper.

(This makeover kit face is not as unisex as you think. Play around with the iris slider on this face for both models to get what I mean. It’s subtle, but there is a difference.)

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

learn some color theory.

Where can I do this?

Not even kidding, if there is such a thing I want to study it.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

in Asura

Leo G.4501

learn some color theory.

Where can I do this?

I kept my books when I was studying for my Graphic Design degree, you can simply look for books on various subjects like color or text in design, applying texture, color blending and optical illusion using color. It’s easy to just self teach yourself a lot of this stuff, but just knowing about the color wheel, complements, supplements, contrasts, etc is all you really need to know.

in Asura

Leo G.4501

~snip~

That Asura in the pic looks scary.

in Asura

Esplen.3940

learn some color theory.

Where can I do this?

I kept my books when I was studying for my Graphic Design degree, you can simply look for books on various subjects like color or text in design, applying texture, color blending and optical illusion using color. It’s easy to just self teach yourself a lot of this stuff, but just knowing about the color wheel, complements, supplements, contrasts, etc is all you really need to know.

I have deuteranomaly, although it’s not too hard to figure out what colors synergize and clash. My largest problem is mixing the different “fabric types” because they dye so differently requiring me to pick colors that resemble another one. This is hard because I always get something that’s off due to my red-green deficiency.

in Asura

Jigain.8231

learn some color theory.

Where can I do this?

Cool, I’ll have a look for it next time I hit up the library then.

It’s just one of those random things I find interesting (and entirely pointless as I don’t work with it in any way) and would like to learn at least some basics in. The way I pick dyes nowadays is mostly just trial-and-error until I find something that doesn’t look too terrible…

in Asura

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

That’s right and i want to add: do you know why female asura share the same model as male asura?

This is because of Age Limit on games (every game is monitored for content by PEGI, or ESRB (for NA)) and to make female asura with a prominent breast will make the game “for adults only” or even risking sanctions because asuras are like “kids” and there are some limitation to kids related things in videogames…

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/id/33/

in Asura

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

They’re a different race than Humans. So it’s difficult to imagine that our concept of sexiness is the same as theirs. Maybe your Asuran is sexy and you don’t even know it.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in Asura

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

That’s right and i want to add: do you know why female asura share the same model as male asura?

This is because of Age Limit on games (every game is monitored for content by PEGI, or ESRB (for NA)) and to make female asura with a prominent breast will make the game “for adults only” or even risking sanctions because asuras are like “kids” and there are some limitation to kids related things in videogames…

Or, simply because not every fantasy creature has to have primate breasts and be hypersexualized for it. Charr also wear unisex armor, and they do not look like human children at all (not that asura do, either).

in Asura

Jigain.8231

This is because of Age Limit on games (every game is monitored for content by PEGI, or ESRB (for NA)) and to make female asura with a prominent breast will make the game "for adults only" or even risking sanctions because asuras are like "kids" and there are some limitation to kids related things in videogames...

Or, simply because not every fantasy creature has to have primate breasts and be hypersexualized for it. Charr also wear unisex armor, and they do not look like human children at all (not that asura do, either).

Clearly that’s because cats have an average life expectancy of 12-15 years, which would make them underage! Hence no bosoms! IT’S ALL A CONSPIRACY!

*puts on tinfoil hats*

in Asura

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

Clearly that’s because cats have an average life expectancy of 12-15 years, which would make them underage! Hence no bosoms! IT’S ALL A CONSPIRACY!

puts on tinfoil hats

XD well… i think that to add or not to add bobs on charrs is optional but avoid them on asuras is more important thing in order to avoid any kind of censurship…

in Asura

Posted by: dithoricki.2397

dithoricki.2397

I love my Asura and I personally love to be able to wear pants that don’t have holes around the crotch area…

BUT, I do find it a bit lazy of ANet to just take the human male armor model right off and give it to the two races that don’t look human-ish.

When people say it’s because they look childlike and having a “child” walking around in clothes like most female characters use in game would look disturbing. But what people seem to miss is that there are several male armors that show off much more than the female counterpart. I think gladiator is a good example here. I don’t like my Asura running around with a bare chest.
They could’ve easily fixed this by adding some sort of “cloth” to cover the holes on the chests on female amor, to just make it as simple and easy as possible. Instead of going the “easy” way of just giving female Asuras (and female Charr) the male armor model.

I don’t want MY main Asura to look sexy, I like her wearing pants because it fits with the engineer style she has. But my mesmer Asura would look really nice in a more female outfit.

And to just say that Asura doesn’t think of sexy as humans think of sexy is a bit.. well, silly. Of course they don’t but not all Asuras have to think that just ears are sexy. Just like humans, the Asuras are different depending on personality and where they grew up. Maybe some grew up closer to humans and find dresses and bows in their hair to be sexy. Who knows!

I don’t like that fact that you give two hole races just one set of armor that both have to use because it was just such a big job to make two sets of armor fit their bodies, so we only get one. I also don’t like the fact that people think all my characters are male just because I happen to have male armor on!

Anyhow. From what I’ve noticed from ANet the time I’ve played I don’t expect them to change this. Aside from giving us an outfit here and there that might let us use the female armor model.

in Asura

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

Because it’s based on a Necromancer exclusive armour from Guild Wars 1. Necromancers wore light armour, like they do in Guild Wars 2, but all looked pretty hard like that. It was their theme.

in Asura

Posted by: sirian.4981

sirian.4981

All the asura armor is the same on both genders. I find it hard to believe that asura are so predominantly intellectual that they have no concept of “sexiness.” I want to be able to make my female asura look a little more seductive than any armor I’ve seen will allow. Further, armor that on humans/norn/sylvari looks incredibly sexy, bordering on skimpy, looks demure and honestly kind of prudish on female asura. Why is this?

Ps. If any of the devs see this, I WANT YOU TO SERIOUSLY CONSIDER CHANGING THIS because it would make the game that much more fun.

The issue is that asura have a fairly childlike body, so its hard to make a sexy asura without it looking creepy.

in Asura

Posted by: sirian.4981

sirian.4981

Big eyes, large head, flat chest. Boardlike body with narrow shoulders.

Most with this was probably intentionally because a child height character with adult proportions would look super creepy.

in Asura

Hannelore.8153

Big eyes, large head, flat chest. Boardlike body with narrow shoulders.

Most with this was probably intentionally because a child height character with adult proportions would look super creepy.

Uh, you do know that such people exist in real life and are fairly common, right?

Its also very common in games due to dwarfs being a staple of the high fantasy genre ever since the earliest RPGs and subsequently MMOs.

It’s not creepy at all .. and neither are the Asura for that matter.

in Asura

Jigain.8231

Yeah, it’s very fortunate that no one has ever done that before.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnome_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halfling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobbit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goblins
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilliput_and_Blefuscu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobold_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29

Actually, let’s have a look at how some of these, as you put it, “child-height characters” look and whether or not they have “adult proportions”.

http://leogrin.com/CimmerianBlog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/FemaleDwarf-PURDY.jpg
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/017/4/0/lightfoot_halfling__female__by_conceptopolis-d5rsk2u.jpg
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061101073428/egamia/images/7/78/World_of_Warcraft_Gnome_Female_Mage_Updated.jpg

So yeah… it’s not as if short people with capacity for being adult are a rare occurance, so you can’t really use the “they’re like children because height” defense.

in Asura

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

I think the problem here is that you’re a human. How would you recognize the subtle characteristics that make Asura attractive to one another? And why would the uber intelligent Asura compromise the effectiveness of armor for the purpose of sexual display?

Classic case of Rule 34. Let fake, virtualized characters remain fake, virtualized characters.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Asura

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Life won’t be fair to the rest if Asura are intelligent, cute AND sexy…

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in Asura

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Would be nice if you could just choose which armour style you wanted, if only on the outfits/non-armour style gear

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Asura

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

Dye everything in hot colours and your ausura will look hot. logic