I can outrun a centaur

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

We need to adjust the PC chatter frequency so certain lines play less often. It’s on our to-do list.

While you’re at it, how about adding an option to disable it? No offense, I love the game, but I don’t really appreciate hearing these lines ever.

We’ve talked about either implementing a frequency slider or giving people the option to mute player chatter, but it all comes down to programming and UI resources. A few of us wanted it in for ship, but too many higher priority issues needed attention.

A frequency slider would definitely allay a lot of the complaints. Don’t listen to those people who say the content isn’t right; it mostly is, and it’s mostly very high quality.

There’s just too much of it, i.e. it’s too often (that goes for dancing sounds, some (though not all) local NPC chatter, one’s own buff comments, etc., etc.)

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

We’ve talked about either implementing a frequency slider or giving people the option to mute player chatter, but it all comes down to programming and UI resources. A few of us wanted it in for ship, but too many higher priority issues needed attention.

Will this work for shouts as well? Please say yes, they’re driving me just as nutty as the one-liners

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

My char would shout “Eat my dust!” randomly at people running by even w/o me gaining swiftness. I just assumed he had tourettes lol.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Vv W.7821

Vv W.7821

After I played my human thief to 80 I finally started on my human mesmer. It never fails to throw me for a loop every time my mesmer says something because I attribute that voice to my thief, but it’s not my thief. A mute option would be amazing to see even if it takes a year to get in game.

Redundant Sasquatch – 80 Warrior – [aYe] – HoD

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

We need to adjust the PC chatter frequency so certain lines play less often. It’s on our to-do list.

While you’re at it, how about adding an option to disable it? No offense, I love the game, but I don’t really appreciate hearing these lines ever.

I like the chatter the first few times, especially the humorous ones, then it becomes very repetitive. Are you likely to be adding more variety to the lines?

This is particularly important in areas where you return to often. For me that is Lions Arch and Divinity’s reach (ministers waypoint) where the banks and BL trader are.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Velkyn.5168

Velkyn.5168

I abandoned one of my favourite mesmer builds because the “Agony! Torment! Pain!” voice from frequently casting Mantra of Pain was driving me (and the person sitting next to me) nuts.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

A frequency slider would be fantastic. When you switch attunements as often as I do it can get really repetitive to hear the same shoutouts all the time.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

while it might be useful for someone to just have the slider or the disable button, I would prefer thousands more variants (someone want to get rid of things, I prefer to add content…)

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

I’M SO GOOD IT HURTS.

I dunnou but I love most of my characters chatter ! XD

They are somewhat cheesy but funny and witty cheesy ! <3 also the arrogance isn’t condescending so it’s awesome.

It just puts me in a good mood.

I think so far the only one that bugged me reall is when my female human necro kills her minions and then starts screaming “that she raised that minion” as if someone killed it even though she blew it up herself <.<….

(edited by Deim Hunir.8503)

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

Solution to your problems: Stop hanging out in Lions arch, come to black Citadel.

You won’t have to hear:

1. The annoying char cub and the human playing ghosts behind the bank. Seriously, one of the most annoying things EVER.
2. Its a bad day to buy wine… but its a great day to drink it! (If I hear this one more time I might go postal IRL)
3. Everyone from there wants to come here, and nobody here wants to go back
4. If i have to eat one more rotten vegtable Ill scream (ok I admit this is one of the better ones)
5. The banter about Lions are being run by priates

I can outrun a centaur bothers me less than alot of NPC banter specific to certain areas. 60-70 charr area in particular has the worst voice acting I have ever heard anywhere. Some NPCs there get broke and chant stuff like “FIRE FIRE FIRE GO AWAY FIRE” over and over and over. ITS THE EYE!!! OHHH THE EYE!!!!!!!! OOOH OOHH

Can we have an option to disable this terrible banter and cheesy one liners?

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

(edited by Sundial.9015)

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

The chef is annoying with his “Seize the moment” line …it’s like…gawd…shaddup…

But the tailor one, love it. “Excelsior.” I literally run up, hit “F”, click “X”, wait…..hit"F"……click “X”…wait…..hit “F”….

“Excelsior.”

Has to be the cutest kitteh voice in all of Tyria.

[Agg] ression

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Sundial.9015

My ears, how are you?

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Jason.9643

Jason.9643

ideas are like cream, good ones rise to the top – heard bazzilion times when tailoring in lion arch.. im terribly sick of it.

also.. as ele, my aoe swiftness make everyone around me exclaim with joy… drives me nuts too.. i think the swiftness exclamation should only happen when self-buff.. not party buffed..

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Vees.7816

Vees.7816

The people that stand in front of the dungeons will not shut up:P They say their lines about every 30 seconds without anyone talking to them

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

Also I’m trying to work out why I can hear potentially x-rated noises in Divinity’s Reach while I’m crafting.

Occasionally I’ll hear a female voice go ‘uhhhhhhhhh’, like she’s receiving a very naughty delivery.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Bes.2618

Bes.2618

I desperately need the player character voice mute/slider option…

I am beginning to hate my character, his lines are so arrogant/unlike how he looks.

My character would never say rubbish like “urge to kill rising”, let alone 400 times a day.

It would be excellent if you could leave the minor sound effects like grunting while doing a strong attack etc.

Bes

Regards,

Odith, Yak’s Bend

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Lakanate.9671

Lakanate.9671

I like the sound effects and voices and stuff… I also know that the voices are random from a list… but… I’m getting pretty fed up of hearing some of the key quotes like “seize the moment” or “I can outrun a centaur”…

Some of them I don’t mind though. Suggestion perhaps is to add/change them to something you wouldn’t mind hearing over again like “woosh” or “boost!” so it sounds like a sound effect rather than a memorable quote you may get fed up of…

Just a thought.

I believe that simply more lines should be added, especially the places that receive the most complaints, on top of adjusting the pc chatter frequency, that would amend the problem greatly.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Night Priestess.8123

Night Priestess.8123

“May Lissa confound you” every 12s! Drove me and my party insane. I had to drop it from my skill menu. I’ve seen people complaining about it on other subforums. I hope they fix it.

For the Toast!

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: thepalehunter.1589

thepalehunter.1589

Please implement a way of turning off “I can outrun a centaur” and the like so my wife doesn’t kill me.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

I actually like the audio that tells you when you have been buffed or debuffed, I wish it would play 100% of the time. It’s a good audio queue that can help you play better without having to constantly scan your UI to see your boons and conditions.

For instance, whenever I hear my Asura say “There’s the power!” I know I have Might.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Not everyone can actually outrun centaurs.

Attachments:

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

The problem is my Sylvari seems to be vocally all the races of Tyria in one; I didn’t realize Sylvari said “I can outrun a centaur”

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Kajiri.8215

Kajiri.8215

Please replace all PC dialogue with “Quaggan’s a piwate! Yarr!”

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Sundial.9015

Please replace all PC dialogue with “Quaggan’s a piwate! Yarr!”

If I could send you a beer through the internet I would good sir.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: botros.3104

botros.3104

I know this thread or others like will probably not affect your schedule, but want to say that I would love to see this feature in game. Part of the reason I’m leveling alts as opposed to continuing to play my Norn Warrior is that I am tired of hearing “adrenaline surging”, “my power INCREASES” (even when adrenaline is going down), and how he can “feel Bear’s power”. It was great initially and sometimes I really enjoy his chatter. But at times I just want him to be silent while still hearing other sounds.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

Do you people think that some lines are repeated way to often?

I don’t know if A-net was looking to make another “Arrow to the knee”, but after 2 months of playing, it can get a little annoying… While it’s amazing how they hid so much voice acting arround the world, you’ll stay in some areas much more than others, and you are going to hear a million times how that assura merchan “Definitly wants Sylvari”.

…and don’t be toxic!

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Not that I disagree with any suggestions here, but sometimes you just have to appreciate cheesy/badly acted dialogue for what it is. The most memorable VO from GW1 for me is in the Prophecies mission after you save the Chosen from the spiders. You get this really corny dialog like:

PC: “We have you surrounded. You have FIVE seconds to explain yourself.”
party gets surrounded by enemies
Evennia: “It looks like YOU’RE the one who’s surrounded.”
PC: “What are you going to do us?!”

And that last line in the female VO is just… classic. The way she is instantly cowed by the tables being turned just after she finished lording her victory over Evennia. I try to imitate her IRL whenever the opportunity arises. I would not change that VO for anything.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Soki.3027

Soki.3027

Absolutely.
There should be a tickbox for frequency.

I suppose it’s for audio cues for boon/condition gain, but there are better ways to do that than the grating repeated cheesy voices they have.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Haha yea. it is kinda funny though. I really hate when my norn says “Might makes me right.” Sooo cheesy.

I will say though, Whenever I hear a male human warrior say “SHAKE IT OFF!” I think it sounds so cool. So cool in fact, I’m rolling a male human warrior just for that VO.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Leave the speeches on! it adds more information without looking! I love knowing whats happening at my surroundings, specially when crowded…. hearing those lines gives me hint on whos recieving what buff.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I personally love hearing the little combat barks, but I agree that a slider should be put in so the player can determine how often they hear their (and other’s) sounds.

Personally, I don’t think I will ever get tired of hearing my Charr yell, “FOR GREAT JUSTICE!”

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Rhinala.1739

Rhinala.1739

I was hoping that some of the chatter would have been rumors or gossip that can lead the player to some obscure events. it can add so much immersion to the game.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Lilun.8732

Lilun.8732

By Jah… a tickbox for NPC chatter frequency. It would be off or extremely low. Your 1 attempts at sagely liners get old.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

The repeat frequency IS annoying.

Crafting in Divinity’s Reach is getting annoying.
The Crafting stations are near a circus, part of the ambient sound of it is this guy with an annoying laughter, after a few times u REALLY have heard. It repeats quickly enough.

Aaah haa…HAHAHAAAA!

headdesk

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Not that I disagree with any suggestions here, but sometimes you just have to appreciate cheesy/badly acted dialogue for what it is. The most memorable VO from GW1 for me is in the Prophecies mission after you save the Chosen from the spiders. You get this really corny dialog like:

PC: “We have you surrounded. You have FIVE seconds to explain yourself.”
party gets surrounded by enemies
Evennia: “It looks like YOU’RE the one who’s surrounded.”
PC: “What are you going to do us?!”

And that last line in the female VO is just… classic. The way she is instantly cowed by the tables being turned just after she finished lording her victory over Evennia. I try to imitate her IRL whenever the opportunity arises. I would not change that VO for anything.

I know exactly what you mean! I remember that one well.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Astaroth.1907

Astaroth.1907

I wish i could hear them at all I am unable to hear my character any help??

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

“Did you see what she was wearing?”

(edited by Vanive.3804)

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Muffin.5208

Muffin.5208

Could you also pls look into the combatsounds?
The sounds that randomly comes out when your character is vielding a sword or casting with the 2hand staff.
Im hearing my Norn Female saying Ooooop….Oooooop…ooooooop together with my clones ….its VERY annoying if the randomness isnt on your side.

I can outrun a centaur

in Audio

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

Be nice if I could turn off the Crippled sound effect for my some of my characters.

ARRRRRRRgh! ARRRRRRRRRRgh!

Have had questions thrown at me a few times, “Just what the hell is happening to that women?”

“Its not what you think.”