Love Trahearne's voice: who does the voice?

in Audio

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

Q:

I think that Trahearne could read listings from a phone book and it would sound thoughtful and inspiring. Who is the voice actor?

in Audio

Posted by: Stormkiller.9862

Stormkiller.9862

Just my opinion, but I personally found his VO to be monotone, boring, with no sense of urgency, especially later in the story.
The voice actor is great though, he just needed to emote a little more.

in Audio

Posted by: Cronax.8406

Cronax.8406

Just my opinion, but I personally found his VO to be monotone, boring, with no sense of urgency, especially later in the story.
The voice actor is great though, he just needed to emote a little more.

True enough, but I do think it goes with the character. Trahearne is a bookworm who’s suddenly cast onto the front lines so having him sound like a bit of a librarian does fit. Having said that, I wouldn’t have minded him showing a bit more emotion as the story goes along because right now it makes the whole character sound a bit boring even though he’s doing some pretty awesome things…

in Audio

Posted by: RandomHominid.3456

RandomHominid.3456

Trahearne’s actor sounds wooden. Pun intended. It sounds as if he’s reading books on tape. That said, the male sylvari player voice actor isn’t much better. I like the actual voices, they’re just missing necessary emotion to go with it.

in Audio

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

The worst voice acting in the game by a country mile, given the talent seen in relatively minor roles it seems criminal that they would have given such a prominent (and unavoidable) role to someone who appeared to have been thinking of something else at the time of recording.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Audio

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I actually hate Trahearne… and he’s the only one I hate. Literally the only one. I think the OP may be pulling our chains.

in Audio

Posted by: Onji.8457

Onji.8457

According to IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1716744/fullcredits#cast) it’s Matthew Brenher. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0107216/)
It’s not a complete list though.

in Audio

Posted by: Makovorn.1706

Makovorn.1706

Indeed it seems to be Matthew Brenher. “Interesting” YouTube show-reel over here:

in Audio

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

Yeah I agree that the sound of his voice is wonderful, but I get the feeling he hasn’t really been given good direction. e.g. in the whole Claw Island sequence and Forging the Pact, there are many occasions where the context would seem to indicate a more urgent delivery, but he’s still reading the phone book (albeit with a lovely, rich voice).

in Audio

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Lovely? Rich? He sounds dreadfully adenoidal to me. Also the direction is not all to blame here, the text is quite sufficient to indicate that “reading a telephone directory” is not the desired style. The actor was being lazy, plain and simple.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Audio

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

“me, a leader, I-I don’t think I can” as monotone as possible lol.

in Audio

Posted by: Balthamel.2867

Balthamel.2867

Ah, I just made a post about my old friend Trahearne. I gotta say, I CANNOT stand his voice. It drives me nuts. I cringe when it is his turn to speak. It literally is boring and I feel like going to sleep listening to him. Suffer from insomnia? I have the perfect remedy!

in Audio

Posted by: Zen.9135

Zen.9135

Hate Trahearne. Hate his voice. Hate that GW2 turns into his personal quest, not yours. Hate, Hate, Hate. I do love every other voice acted NPC. So one bad one in the bunch is not so bad. Too bad it’s such a pivotal role.

[MF] Malum Factum | Yak’s Bend
www.malumfactum.com

in Audio

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I sometimes wonder if Trahearne is a text-to-speech program rather than an actual actor.

You might say his performance is wooden.

No but really it’s one of the least engaging ones in the game.

in Audio

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

He’s a perfect voice for a Sylvari. Reserved and sensible. If people don’t like that role that’s one thing, but for what he was supposed to perform he nailed it right on.

in Audio

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

To me he sounds allright in neutral situations … but when things get heated up and serious he just seems to get even more neutral and robot-like which is ackward.

He sounds indeed reserved and that’s in character I guess ?
But he sounds quite unsensitive to me especially when certain npc die.
He doesn’t seem to care at all … and his consolation words have no emotion whatsoever as if he just says that cause it’s socially desirable.
Also the fact he hasn’t much lines to dwell on the sacrifices doesn’t help either even though that’s not the issue here.

I like sensible guys but he just doesn’t really sound like one.

He just seems calm and reserved maybe even soft but not sensible.

He could be likable as a robot though with basic emotions that aren’t overly intense.

If you ever give a golem a majour story part you could use him to voice that one.

Not being sarcastic o nthe last comment.

I’m serious, he would be likable as one.

(edited by Deim Hunir.8503)

in Audio

Posted by: glitzprince.5016

glitzprince.5016

He sounds like a sensible and inspiring person, with an innate sense of purpose just like a the designers intended the sylvari race to have. Wonderful voice texture though I do agree with the lack of emotions during certain critical junctures of the story. It’s a pity! Could have been a 10/10 but the I’d give it 8 nonetheless.

in Audio

Posted by: Azures.4283

Azures.4283

Pretty dreadful voice acting on this one. My friend I play with can’t stand him either.

theAzures [SIT]

in Audio

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

A computer-generated dog/bear apparently.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Audio

Posted by: Mejo.3198

Mejo.3198

No, Trahearne’s voice actor is not motivated at all.