the "squeek" sound from female humans.

in Audio

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

So, this has been brought up multiple times in the human sub forum, but race sub forums do not really seem to get a lot of attention. As such, I am posting this here in hopes that a dev sees this.

Currently, human females will make a very high pitch and horrendously out of place squeek when using the great sword. I have heard this is a problem on other weapons also, but I am unable to confirm that.

So please, remove the squeek. It is extremely irritating and makes it really hard for me and others enjoy playing human female chracters.

in Audio

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

So THATs what I heard the other day, wondered what the heck was doing it.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

in Audio

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Supported. Already voiced my opinion in other, similar threads.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Audio

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Agreed. Remove it from Sylvari, too. And every other race. Please

in Audio

Posted by: Valdiis.3602

Valdiis.3602

Oh please. Please, please. I love playing my guardian – I feel strong and buff and epi-SQUEAK! … sigh It’s like this tough magical warrior can’t even lift her own sword. Not very heroic feeling.

(The most amazing thing ever in the entire world – which is asking far too much, I know – would be the option to choose between even as few as a “girly” sound set and a “warrioress” sound set. Or something like that.)

in Audio

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

Although I don’t play a female human myself, I wholeheartedly agree with this. I really don’t understand why so many games insist on making females squeaky and irritating in combat situations.

in Audio

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

I don’t agree at all. I love it. I just dislike the frequency, tone it (like general combat vocalizations) a little bit down.

in Audio

Posted by: Various Meat Products.4371

Various Meat Products.4371

An acceptable alternative fix for me would be to change the name of Thief’s dagger #2 to “Heartsqueaker.”

in Audio

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

(The most amazing thing ever in the entire world – which is asking far too much, I know – would be the option to choose between even as few as a “girly” sound set and a “warrioress” sound set. Or something like that.)

Voicing sets would be a really great thing.

in Audio

Posted by: Eudaemons.1596

Eudaemons.1596

My human female warrior wears massive armor, has the “warrior” body type, is probably half-Norn since she is the tallest a human can be and is militant.

Yet she makes squeaking noises when swinging a longsword or jumping. Okay, maybe it’s cute for that little petite Mesmer girl in the Embroidered clothes, but it is ridiculous for my character to make those noises.

in Audio

Posted by: Zenonium.6852

Zenonium.6852

My elementalist does that from time to time, I hardly notice it now becuase I’m too focused on the battles I’m in wvw to really are about the voice, but it is noticeable when I’m not engaging zergs. It makes me chuckle because I’ll be casting spells sounding like “Hmph!-HAH!-SQUEEK!!”

Zenonium – Gaurdian
Elezenia – Elementalist | MY GW2 Beginners Guide- Be nice D:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KL1RPj9KB4

in Audio

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Yeah and the squeak of pain from Sylvari female too

in Audio

Posted by: Voonith.2561

Voonith.2561

Choosing your own voice set would be great.

All’s fair in love and Wuv.
[ART] Gate of Madness

in Audio

Posted by: Psyke.6279

Psyke.6279

Supported, as always.

Also, my own thread on that matter again: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/audio/Combat-grunts-and-skill-related-voiceovers/first#post485267

By now I’m playing with sounds turned off completely, the squeaks and skill voiceovers are too much. It’s a shame, because aside from these things, sound design is superb.

(edited by Psyke.6279)

in Audio

Posted by: Moeto.1503

Moeto.1503

I (female) used to be a martial artist. When I yelled, I yelled loud and from the solar plexus. Sometimes I would see one particular woman at tournaments whose shouts I had to liken to those of a dying crane. High pitched and yippy and weird. She was a good fighter, but man, I could never figure out how she was getting power from those sounds. That’s all I can think of when my warrior makes sounds like a Pekingese. I try to stay on weapons that keep the sound to a minimum.

in Audio

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

While you are at it, please make Sylvari females stop sounding like a barking chihuahua when they are hit. “aff aff affaffaffaff afff aff aff!”

in Audio

Posted by: Harley.1590

Harley.1590

Yes, PLEASE. I usually play my asuran characters but today I thought hey, I’ve barely played my human elementalist at all since I created her, let’s see what that’s like. All the weird yips and squeaks I was making made me feel a little embarrassed to even be fighting things near other players – maybe I can reroll elementalist as a different race, but I wish that I didn’t have to.

And sure, if other people like the human female sounds, then maybe you could implement a “mute character” box or “character voice” slider, as suggested in a different thread? I could imagine that being useful for a really large percentage of the playerbase, even the ones who aren’t stuck with the human yipping. For example, it’s hard for me to use Signet of Inspiration on my mesmer when she keeps shouting out the same annoying phrases every 10 seconds – and this is one of my asuran characters, too, so it’s not like I don’t like the voice acting. Also, it would be nice to play a mute character in general. I’ve never been big on battle grunts in any game, to be honest.

in Audio

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Norn males arent any better, they almost sound like a moose ‘getting it on’.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

in Audio

Posted by: Tarvok.4206

Tarvok.4206

Character voice sliders aren’t unprecedented. Phantasy Star Universe had both a number of voices to choose from and a slider that changed the pitch of the voice you’d chosen. I think that’d be a worthy addition to the already excellent character creation process.

in Audio

Posted by: Rannug.2731

Rannug.2731

Love the squeak, leave it alone!

in Audio

Posted by: Bazinga.5907

Bazinga.5907

Hmm, why can’t I hear it? Never once caught my attention and I am normally very tuned into weird sounds…

in Audio

Posted by: Ashariel.8490

Ashariel.8490

Is it just me or was the squeeking removed ? Now my warrior only repeats the same one grunt over and over again.

The squeeking wasn’t bothering me, but that repeat grunt certainly is.

(edited by Ashariel.8490)

in Audio

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

I noticed the same. I think its frequency might have been toned down, if not altogether removed.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Audio

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Also not sure if you guys noticed, /laugh doesn’t sound like a laugh to me…

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

in Audio

Posted by: Luna.6794

Luna.6794

^ Yeah, the laugh is a bit too much imo. Kinda reminds me of a witch a bit. >_>

Also I agree with some people here about choosing voice sets, I’d -love- a cute & adorable one but it would be far too much work to implement as all the stories are narrated by the same voice, but really it would make sense to have another 2 voice sets to choose from since you have ferocity, charm and dignity.

But I guess for me the squeal isn’t something I’d complain against as I’m for all the cute/girly stuff in the game but it does just need to tone down a tad bit. ^^

(edited by Luna.6794)

in Audio

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I need a cute and adorable one for my Canthan females (maybe actually more Asian styled voice?), but more of a balance between that and tough when it matters.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.