+/-40% condi food to 20%, because..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

40% is to much for just food..

And:

When someone runs +40% you HAVE to run -40% because its that strong.

also now the + food doesnt do any good.. So they also could walk without it.

If you bring it down to 20% it would still be very good to use for condi builds.

But now its not that extreme as before so others dont NEED to run with -20%

Those people can now also walk with other food AND the condi build still profit from it..

I only see a win-win situation for this.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think the other solution would be for condition duration reducers to stack multiplicatively rather than additively when they go past the +0% line, but that would probably be too complicated.

I definitely agree. +98% condi duration reduction builds kind of break how some classes’ control works, and +40% condi food makes condition smothering very difficult to deal with.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

What if there was a relatively low limit on such percentual modifiers. Crit damage, condition duration, conditions duration reduction, downed health, whatever. All capped at say, 50%.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Another alternative is to just put a cap on condi reduction and condi duration at 40%. This way any class can hit the cap while others may have a choice if they want to hit the cap through food, traits, or gear.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

there is a cap for condition duration it’s 100%.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

And it should be 40%.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Honestly they should both be +/-10%.

The best tier food gives +100 and +70 in its major and minor stats. Based off of how traitlines work we can see they chose to value +10 stats as equal to +1% condition duration.. so why exactly they felt the need to say on food “Nope, we wont follow that pattern, we’ll make the foods x4 stronger.. That surely wont change anything!” remains a mystery.

I dont see the need for a cap though if the food is lowered.. because stacking it to insane levels would not be nearly as easy as it is now.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

And its possible to get this by a simple trait + food where crit damage people need full zerker gear to get this.. There is also no 40%crit damage food (10 is max i think)

but thats not the point here.. If you run + i need to run with -food.. Because its that huge!

If they reduce the food % makung it less OP would benwfit both sides because now you can atleast pick some different food against someone with +20% food.. So the condi build still benefit from it and others can benefit for getting something else..

40% is just a MUST have food to use for + or -

If both are 20% they would still be good but not a must have

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Better question: Are we getting too many temporary buffs in WvW? Stacks from sigils, stacks from WxP abilities, buffs from food and consumables?

Should food be PvE only?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Dont get me started on stacking sigils – what a terrible mechanic that is. Its basicly just a measure of how obsessive/impatient a person is.. because it only takes 2 mins to restack full stacks on NPCs outside your spawn and then you just swap back to your main weapons.

No.. its just bad.. all very bad. They work well in tPvP because you can only stack on player kills, and cant swap weapons to get a different sigil set when you are full stacks, but everywhere else its jus ta failed mechanic.

Sorry for going offtopic :P

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Dont get me started on stacking sigils – what a terrible mechanic that is. Its basicly just a measure of how obsessive/impatient a person is.. because it only takes 2 mins to restack full stacks on NPCs outside your spawn and then you just swap back to your main weapons.

No.. its just bad.. all very bad. They work well in tPvP because you can only stack on player kills, and cant swap weapons to get a different sigil set when you are full stacks, but everywhere else its jus ta failed mechanic.

Sorry for going offtopic :P

It’s exactly why I am hoping that with the announced Sigil changes that if a weapon is unequipped that gave the Sigil stack that the buff is then removed. (or they could add a 2-minute time limit to the stack unless it is refreshed)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Just remove consumables from the game.
Just remove Air, Fire and stat-bonus-stacking sigils from the game.
Just remove WvW-related passive stat bonuses from the game.
Just balance WvW with PvP stats.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

The highest bonus should be 10%. 10 trait points in a tree with crit damage gets you +10%, 10 points in a tree with + condi duration gets you 10%. So why does food with crit damage give you 10% and food with condi duration give you 4 times as much.

Also the food that gives a buff to ONE condition gives +10-15%, while food that gives to all types of conditions gives 40%. You dont have to be a math major to see how that doesnt even come close to making sense.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I made a similar thread here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Rare-Veggie-Pizza/page/2#post3485009

Point being, having 40% Condition duration from food makes NO sense given the way they budget items and traits. It’s like giving Power buidls the equivalent of 40% Crit-Damage or 400 Power.

I find it unfathomable why ANet hasn’t nerfed this food yet as it’s a big contributer to the “Conditions are OP” QQ.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It’s exactly why I am hoping that with the announced Sigil changes that if a weapon is unequipped that gave the Sigil stack that the buff is then removed. (or they could add a 2-minute time limit to the stack unless it is refreshed)

This would be nothing but a nerf to the classes have only have 1 weapon set…
Everyone else has 2-4 weapons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

It is simply a too strong of a food. Basically reducing the damage by 40%.
Imagine such a food for direct damage, that would be like +1200 toughness for a 3000armor character.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

I don’t think consumables should even be usable for WvW. They can make certain builds way too strong and just make balancing harder.

They should be PvE items only.

Stormbluff Isle

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I have some questions for all you guys.

First let me say that I have been playing this game since beta, I am an avid WvW player, and have 6 out of 8 lvl 80s. My main is a guardian, but I also play necro, mesmer, warrior, theif and ele. My engi is 50 something, and I will eventually have a ranger too.

My experiences are as follows:

Condis vs my guard – negligible – amount of cleansing I put out is rediculous, and of course I run melandru with -40% food.
Condis vs my War – beyond negligible – this character is for all intents and purposses completely immune to chills, cripples, immobilize, and in addition converts other condis to boons and helps cleanse entire team.
Condis vs my necro – negligible – I use a power hybrid with as much cleansing as I can have and large healthpool. In a small engagement and prolonged fight, a condi stacker will be lucky to get my health to 50% before I down him/her.
Condis vs my mesmer – more effective – however this is in large part due to my personal build choice and if I get the jump on anyone, being condi stacker or not, its over for them period. If they get the jump on me, well, the better players will down me or make me run away due my poor cleansing.
Condis vs my ele – negligible – this is so bad that its down right funny, as my ele is a condi / support build. And I find it funny that I can down condi stackers with my condis.
Condis vs my thief – effective – however, again due to my personal build choices I play it glass, I kill quick or die quick, either way, this is due to my personal choice, not lack of ingame tools or build choices.

So what do you guys all do to die to condis so much ? I do not understand this, please help me understand. Do you intentionally build toons to be downed by condis to come here and make these complaint posts ? Do you not inturrapt ? Do you just stand there and let them kill you thinking you are in PvE on one of those outdoors boss fights where all you do is spam weapon skill 1 ?

On the 6 of my 80s I have multitudes of ways to deal with condis, granted some are easier then others, but are nonetheless available and I have played long enough to try them out and they are effective.

So if I can make effective anti-condi builds, why cant you ? I don’t get it.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Profession Balance

Posted by: village idiot.1436

village idiot.1436

Essentially this is calling for a nerf for conditions especially the engineer and necro. Terrible idea they are both weak in pve. There is condition removal and hard caps on conditions per target.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

So… if I’m reading this right, You’re not wanting Condition Food in the game because it forces you to possibly use Anti Condition food?

kind of like how Condition Players are forced to go heavily defensive builds so they don’t die instantly to power build?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Profession Balance

Sarrs.4831

kind of like how Condition Players are forced to go heavily defensive builds so they don’t die instantly to power build?

Which is being addressed with the Ferocity change- At least, in theory.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

So you think because they drop 10% off crit damage, that magically Condition Players will be able to run non tanky builds?

you realize that I can hit people who are in full tank with my thief for 10k backstab right? My thief isn’t even completely pushing its limits, if I was to go all out on damage it’d be just silly. The 10% crit damage change will change nothing in terms of WvW roaming. You either go bunker, Or you’ll die to every thief/mesmer/warrior out there.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Profession Balance

Sarrs.4831

So you think because they drop 10% off crit damage, that magically Condition Players will be able to run non tanky builds?

you realize that I can hit people who are in full tank with my thief for 10k backstab right? My thief isn’t even completely pushing its limits, if I was to go all out on damage it’d be just silly. The 10% crit damage change will change nothing in terms of WvW roaming. You either go bunker, Or you’ll die to every thief/mesmer/warrior out there.

As I recall, they were dropping 10% off total damage, not just crit damage. If you’re a Hidden Killer BS thief, your crits will probably be softened up a bit more than 10%.

Also depends on what spreads exactly you’re talking about.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Yes, it would totally help the zerker problem and build diversity.

40% isn’t much. 100% is.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Condition damage only has one stat to increase the potency of condition attacks… Vs… Power+Pre+Crit Dmg. Direct damage has a far higher dps. Hence the upcoming crit dmg change. Even after direct damage will still have far higher dps.

The stat boosts from ascended armor heavily favor direct damage.

You can cleanse conditions (so much so to the point where in large groups your damage from conditions is laughable). You can’t remove damage from mele 5s after it’s been applied…

You can take traits to automatically cleanse/reduce the duration of conditions.

You can avoid the application of conditions (dodge)

Sounds more like… I don’t want to have to take conditions into consideration what so ever while building for roaming WvW. Nerf plz.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

I have some questions for all you guys.

First let me say that I have been playing this game since beta, I am an avid WvW player, and have 6 out of 8 lvl 80s. My main is a guardian, but I also play necro, mesmer, warrior, theif and ele. My engi is 50 something, and I will eventually have a ranger too.

My experiences are as follows:

Condis vs my guard – negligible – amount of cleansing I put out is rediculous, and of course I run melandru with -40% food.
Condis vs my War – beyond negligible – this character is for all intents and purposses completely immune to chills, cripples, immobilize, and in addition converts other condis to boons and helps cleanse entire team.
Condis vs my necro – negligible – I use a power hybrid with as much cleansing as I can have and large healthpool. In a small engagement and prolonged fight, a condi stacker will be lucky to get my health to 50% before I down him/her.
Condis vs my mesmer – more effective – however this is in large part due to my personal build choice and if I get the jump on anyone, being condi stacker or not, its over for them period. If they get the jump on me, well, the better players will down me or make me run away due my poor cleansing.
Condis vs my ele – negligible – this is so bad that its down right funny, as my ele is a condi / support build. And I find it funny that I can down condi stackers with my condis.
Condis vs my thief – effective – however, again due to my personal build choices I play it glass, I kill quick or die quick, either way, this is due to my personal choice, not lack of ingame tools or build choices.

So what do you guys all do to die to condis so much ? I do not understand this, please help me understand. Do you intentionally build toons to be downed by condis to come here and make these complaint posts ? Do you not inturrapt ? Do you just stand there and let them kill you thinking you are in PvE on one of those outdoors boss fights where all you do is spam weapon skill 1 ?

On the 6 of my 80s I have multitudes of ways to deal with condis, granted some are easier then others, but are nonetheless available and I have played long enough to try them out and they are effective.

So if I can make effective anti-condi builds, why cant you ? I don’t get it.

Its great that you figured out how to spec your classes but none of that has anything to do with condi duration food having too high of a value. This isnt a thread about “OMG CONDITIONS ARE OP”, its about how 40% is just a silly number that doesnt make sense compared with the other ways to get +/-% condi duration in the game currently. 10-20% would make a lot more sense.

If there were +40% crit damage food I bet people would have an issue with that too.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

Its great that you figured out how to spec your classes but none of that has anything to do with condi duration food having too high of a value. This isnt a thread about “OMG CONDITIONS ARE OP”, its about how 40% is just a silly number that doesnt make sense compared with the other ways to get +/-% condi duration in the game currently. 10-20% would make a lot more sense.

If there were +40% crit damage food I bet people would have an issue with that too.

But even with the 40% duration food conds don’t come close to direct damage dps…

Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I don’t get this 40% condition food hate, direct damage gets 50% crit damage on default.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

This sort of food should simply be removed from the game, it makes already broken builds even more broken. I do know this won’t happen because Anet have refused to fix the Condition Meta thus far so its fair to say they want the game to be Condition Wars 2: Return of The Condition.

Conditions need the max duration reduce to at most 50%, remove all traits that add more duration as well.

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I don’t get this 40% condition food hate, direct damage gets 50% crit damage on default.

It is because Conditions are strong enough as it is, adding this makes it even worse.

in Profession Balance

Sarrs.4831

But even with the 40% duration food conds don’t come close to direct damage dps…

Conditions have secondary benefits, usually have smaller tells with more assured damage, and cover/are covered by controlling conditions. In a PvP environment, damage doesn’t happen too often without a from of control; condi duration provides both increased control and increased damage.

And you have what, 5% crit chance by default?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

And you have what, 5% crit chance by default?

I thought it was 4%

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

Omg guys… this issnt about condi being OP or not..

Its just about the food.

What I am trying to say that +40% is so good for condi builds they would use this.

But with that it becomes a MUST have for the other guy to use -40%.. because if you don’t you do get a harder time.. so why not use it right??

But that’s the point!! condi builds use it because other use the -40% food.. so if condi doesn’t use +40% he would be less powerfull..

So the point is everyone is using it because you HAVE to…

Now this is why I suggest to bring it down to around 20% or something.. so condi would still use this.. but others also can get something else now

So in total the condi builds would profit from this
And the other people also because you can have something else and not -40% food..
Because +20% is a % I think should be still good but not a MUST have to get the -20%..

get it what I am trying to say here? :-P

I doesn’t have anything to do with condi builds on its own..

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

Conditions have secondary benefits, usually have smaller tells with more assured damage, and cover/are covered by controlling conditions. In a PvP environment, damage doesn’t happen too often without a from of control; condi duration provides both increased control and increased damage.

Totally depends on the specific attack. I would agree that some attacks need better tells. That has nothing to do with cond duration food though…

Some attacks do have condition damage + cc. Just as some direct damage attacks have direct damage + cc. Condition duration can improve the cc part (depending on what cc it is), but again… conds get removed very quickly and frequently in any med->large battles.

Its just about the food.

What I am trying to say that +40% is so good for condi builds they would use this.

But with that it becomes a MUST have for the other guy to use -40%.. because if you don’t you do get a harder time.. so why not use it right??

But that’s the point!! condi builds use it because other use the -40% food.. so if condi doesn’t use +40% he would be less powerfull..

Now this is why I suggest to bring it down to around 20% or something.. so condi would still use this.. but others also can get something else now

And the other people also because you can have something else and not -40% food..
Because +20% is a % I think should be still good but not a MUST have to get the -20%..

They would need to increase cond damage to keep cond damage balanced with power in WvW then… which I don’t have a problem with since they get cleansed so easily/often outside of small group stuff anyways.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It is Overpowered, that should be enough for the condition food to be looked at. Condition builds are strong enough without the +40% food, let alone when they have it. The problem is, Anet WANTS the game to be this total mess of conditions optherwise – it would have been fixed a long time ago.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

It is Overpowered, that should be enough for the condition food to be looked at.

Based on what fact? Just blurting out statements like this based on uneducated opinion is pointless. This is just as foolish as suggesting the devs jump at every crazy statement. Under your own expectation, Your account should be banned simply because I state that your a gold seller. Apparently based on this thread, information or fact is not required. A simple blind accusation should suffice. At least that is what you appear to expect.

I do not understand some of the blind statement being made here. It appears to me that a great many here appear to be okay with making uneducated statements.

Take any profession and put it in full “dire” gear, then list its damage out and explain how you calculate the damage per second. I will then build the same profession with soldiers gear, and show you haw the damage is comparable.

If you like and can show how zerker damage compares. Or even Rabid. But I can tell you one thing, it is very clear some of you speak out of totally ignorance to the knowledge of how much damage is actually done.

I challenge any of you to present an actual fact, to support the power of the heavens that some of you so blindly say condition damage is. A player has to reach 50% condition duration to even think about touching the damage of a P/V/T build, much less a zerker one. And still condi builds cannot do damage to objects, siege or doors.

Just for the record, blindly stating “40% is to much for just food.” is not a fact. I am curious just how 40% condition duration is too much. Please explain it.

Please present some numbers for us on a 50% condi duration builds damage compared to other direct damage builds.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

It is Overpowered, that should be enough for the condition food to be looked at.

Based on what fact? Just blurting out statements like this based on uneducated opinion is pointless. This is just as foolish as suggesting the devs jump at every crazy statement. Under your own expectation, Your account should be banned simply because I state that your a gold seller. Apparently based on this thread, information or fact is not required. A simple blind accusation should suffice. At least that is what you appear to expect.

I do not understand some of the blind statement being made here. It appears to me that a great many here appear to be okay with making uneducated statements.

Take any profession and put it in full “dire” gear, then list its damage out and explain how you calculate the damage per second. I will then build the same profession with soldiers gear, and show you haw the damage is comparable.

If you like and can show how zerker damage compares. Or even Rabid. But I can tell you one thing, it is very clear some of you speak out of totally ignorance to the knowledge of how much damage is actually done.

I challenge any of you to present an actual fact, to support the power of the heavens that some of you so blindly say condition damage is. A player has to reach 50% condition duration to even think about touching the damage of a P/V/T build, much less a zerker one. And still condi builds cannot do damage to objects, siege or doors.

Just for the record, blindly stating “40% is to much for just food.” is not a fact. I am curious just how 40% condition duration is too much. Please explain it.

Please present some numbers for us on a 50% condi duration builds damage compared to other direct damage builds.

Rock solid post. Bravo +1

And it’s laughable how comparisons are being made between +40% condition duration and the, “imagine +40% crit chance or damage” …. wow, talk about comparing apples to oranges!

It’s a ludicrous comparison that requires a person to completely drop all the context of the differences between damage types, and their actual form of application and resulting damage over time. The +/- food is fine, and far-far from overpowered.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Its just about the food.

This is because people learned either through word of mouth or math that this is the best food for condition builds. When the game came out people ran condition damage and precision food because they thought it was the best. The debate still continued with people saying specing condi damage is better then duration since your condi’s won’t run the full course so you want them to do as much damage as possible.

If you google guild wars 2 condition damage vs condition duration you will find several of these posts usually at the beginning of the games life.

Now people know that usually duration is better. The difference with power foods is that people have different needs. There is a all around food which is the starcakes that give you pretty good amounts of everything.

The problem with the other foods has to do more with players not understanding what is the best food for them. Example the best dps food is Sweet and Spicy Butternut squash soup(100 power, 10 crit damage) if you have any kind of fury and might. Truffle steak(100 power, 70 precision) usually is the better overall dps choice if you don’t have high crit chance or fury access. Curry butternut squash soup (100 precision, 10 crit damage) depends on crit procs but truffle steak usually is the better overall dps choice over curry butternut squash soup. Most people don’t know these things when they are picking a food. Or another example is omnomberry loaf (100 vitality, 70 toughness). Omnomberry loaf will give more damage reduction to a full zerker toon then a toon that already has 3k armor.

The other foods aren’t as straight forward as the condition duration food. Condition builds need 2 stats duration and damage. The food does cover the duration part very well for condi builds while you can then spec into condition damage.

We have to remember something though that while the condition duration food for condi builds is the default choice that doesn’t mean it is a good thing. Power builds can run the reduction foods and many other types of foods for their build. The condition build can still die to conditions and they don’t get to use the -condition duration food and even if the +condition duration food was nerfed they would still need to run +condition duration in their builds.

I don’t run -condition duration on many of my characters anymore and run dps because usually the best avenue is to spec/trait to deal with conditions and DPS them down with pressure before they can kill you. If you are running -condition duration foods you are expecting a attrition fight with the condition build and they usually win that fight because they are built for it. There are a few exceptions like warrior with trait that can run the food and still pump out great dps but everyone else should just run dps food because the -food probably didn’t save you.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

And it’s laughable how comparisons are being made between +40% condition duration and the, “imagine +40% crit chance or damage” …. wow, talk about comparing apples to oranges!

It’s a ludicrous comparison that requires a person to drop all the context of the difference between damage types, and their actual form of application and resulting damage over time. The +/- food is fine, and far-far from overpowered.

Silly me, the fact that pretty much all roamers run condition builds shows nothing wrong with them what so ever, personally i think all these sort of Food should be removed from WvW they should be left to PvE andf thats it. Other types of food that give X stat and and such are fine its the 10% Crit Damage and 40% Condition duration ones that are the problem

Conditions ARE the dominant build in WvW for anything other than Zergings and in that situation any build will do – its the numbers that win in the end anyway.

Look at the classes that can EASILY burst conditions onto people with a few button presses. Classes like Thief, Engineer, Mesmer, Necromancer have far to much access to conditions and far to much defense. Conditions DO need work, only those that run condition builds will say otherwise.

I mean condition builds would be fine, IF they weren’t so quick to kill people. They should be SLOWER to kill things rather than easily burst them dead without being able to do anything about it.

(edited by ArmageddonAsh.6430)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

It’s a ludicrous comparison that requires a person to drop all the context of the difference between damage types, and their actual form of application and resulting damage over time. The +/- food is fine, and far-far from overpowered.

Silly me, the fact that pretty much all roamers run condition builds shows nothing wrong with them what so ever, personally i think all these sort of Food should be removed from WvW they should be left to PvE andf thats it. Other types of food that give X stat and and such are fine its the 10% Crit Damage and 40% Condition duration ones that are the problem

Conditions ARE the dominant build in WvW for anything other than Zergings and in that situation any build will do – its the numbers that win in the end anyway.

Look at the classes that can EASILY burst conditions onto people with a few button presses. Classes like Thief, Engineer, Mesmer, Necromancer have far to much access to conditions and far to much defense. Conditions DO need work, only those that run condition builds will say otherwise.

I mean condition builds would be fine, IF they weren’t so quick to kill people. They should be SLOWER to kill things rather than easily burst them dead without being able to do anything about it.

This isn’t true not all roamers run condition builds. Mesmers don’t condi burst people unless you are willing to fight them.

I only came across a 5 man P/D thief crew 1 time ever [Rage] on Maguuma. It is always mixed and matched. In the sanctum dueling sure there is usually alot of condi builds but even then it is about half and half.

You are far more likely to run across a 5 man mixed power group or full power group then you will a 5 man full condi group. I have alot of hours roaming and only seen this 1 time.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

This isn’t true not all roamers run condition builds. Mesmers don’t condi burst people unless you are willing to fight them.

I only came across a 5 man P/D thief crew 1 time ever [Rage] on Maguuma. It is always mixed and matched. In the sanctum dueling sure there is usually alot of condi builds but even then it is about half and half.

You are far more likely to run across a 5 man mixed power group or full power group then you will a 5 man full condi group. I have alot of hours roaming and only seen this 1 time.

So your only option is to run – what does that say?
Pretty much all the roamers i see are Condition builds or Warriors….What does that say about the “balance” this game has?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

You will not meet a 5 man full condi group as they woud overstack the target, gaining little advantage. In a group of 5: 1 condi, 1 hybrid, 2dps-ers and a utility guy… it will make enough stacks, will not overwrite and be supporting…

also you never want to meet a full rabid warrior with a sigil of doom and earth on his swords and longbow… He’ll spam you to death, stacking 20+ bleeds on you in seconds, leaving most people flabbergasted, something like skill 5 longbow, 2 longbow flurry, and the 4 sw then 5 sword and finish it with skill 3…. you die. 25 bleeds, venom, fire 5 torment, 5 confusion., cripple and in the mean while immobilize…

Ouch… you cannot go anywhere, and just die.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Undertow.2389

Undertow.2389

Even 20% is over budget. Should be 10%.

Just compare to the other foods:

Rare Veggie Pizza: +40% cond. duration, +70 cond. damage
vs
Chocolate Omnomberry Cake: +15% chill duration, +70 power
vs
Bowl of Fire Meat Chili: +15% buring duration, +70 precision

Hrm, which should I use, +15% to a single specific condition or +40% to all of them? You have to delusionally biased to not see the +/- 40% foods are grossly out of line.

As for the whole “but but but but we need these to be viable!” crap, no one uses conditions in spvp because there’s no +40% food right?

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Even 20% is over budget. Should be 10%.

Just compare to the other foods:

Rare Veggie Pizza: +40% cond. duration, +70 cond. damage
vs
Chocolate Omnomberry Cake: +15% chill duration, +70 power
vs
Bowl of Fire Meat Chili: +15% buring duration, +70 precision

Hrm, which should I use, +15% to a single specific condition or +40% to all of them? You have to delusionally biased to not see the +/- 40% foods are grossly out of line.

As for the whole “but but but but we need these to be viable!” crap, no one uses conditions in spvp because there’s no +40% food right?

what they should do is change it down to 10% duration. This way you can have 10% to all Condition or take another food and have 15% for specific condition…

in Profession Balance

Aberrant.6749

The specific condition foods are just very UP. Koi/veggie isn’t OP for the reasons listed above.

Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

No. The problem is that condi reduction is important in WvW If the duration reduction goes from 40 to 20, ANET should nerf condi damage across the board as well

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

My Ranger can’t cleanse conditions reliably, so that food is pretty essential. I am all for nerfing +/- duration foods, but I kind of hope they don’t when playing Ranger hehe.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

I honestly think we need a new stat or buff to counter CD DMG & Condition Duration needs a cap of 50%… being able to double your outcome is ridiculously overpowered… that’s why I see the zerker nerf as a bad joke…. -10% srsly? Right now both Condi builds & Zerker builds are able to down targets in less than 5 seconds… we really need more gameplay during fights…

All classes

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Both the global +duration and -duration foods need a savage beating with a nerf stick; either enable outlier builds to reach unbalanced performance levels. Setting them down to +/- 10% would bring them back in line with all the other options.

in Profession Balance

Sarrs.4831

The specific condition foods are just very UP. Koi/veggie isn’t OP for the reasons listed above.

If they were balanced, they’d need to be something in the field of 50-60%. As fun as it might be to try my experimental Chill Ele roaming, I kind of get the feeling it wouldn’t be allowed to stay at that point for too long.

Nalhadia – Kaineng