7 second lupicus kill... balanced??

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

but but but eles are so weak!

I’ve been saying for a long time that they can burst as good as anyone. Others have disagreed, but they are wrong.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

It’s pve, mobs don’t move out of aoe.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

if you want a balanced PvE game, the only way to fix it is to start with enemy behavior. As long as they behave like they do, full damage will always be far and away better than any other setup.

while i agree in general, i would not mind if ANet took a good hard look at reflect.

Absolutely no. Reflects are fine and a great form of damage mitigation to any party. If reflects see revisions, then the mesmer class is effectively worthless.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

in Profession Balance

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

FGS does OP dps, but then people have been saying that for months. As wooden potatoes pointed out, they did nothing to change it when the did the big rework of elementalist conjured weapons so it’s unlikely to change anytime soon. It has zero to do with berserker gear and everything to do with a skill’s unintended (more then likely) side-effect.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

if you want a balanced PvE game, the only way to fix it is to start with enemy behavior. As long as they behave like they do, full damage will always be far and away better than any other setup.

while i agree in general, i would not mind if ANet took a good hard look at reflect.

Absolutely no. Reflects are fine and a great form of damage mitigation to any party. If reflects see revisions, then the mesmer class is effectively worthless.

If reflects will be turned into simple deflects, mesmer would have 100% uptime on that still. As you said, its a great form of damage mitigation, but allowing the boss to basiclly killing itself is … ehm .. weird at least. See, Lupi p2. This is still a AI issue (too), but i dont want to derail the thread.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

FGS does OP dps, but then people have been saying that for months. As wooden potatoes pointed out, they did nothing to change it when the did the big rework of elementalist conjured weapons so it’s unlikely to change anytime soon. It has zero to do with berserker gear and everything to do with a skill’s unintended (more then likely) side-effect.

This! FGS even got buffed with the last updates in terms of mobility.

- FGS isn´t overpowered! Fiery Rush isn´t overpowered!
- Fiery Rush ONLY works against a corner or a wall AND an enemy who doesn´t move
- Fiery Greatsword has a cooldown of 180 seconds
- and finally: FGS is an Elite skill, compare FGS to something like timewarp or warbanner(especially WvW/PvP). Now tell me again, that FGS is overpowered -.-

Keep in mind: FGS gets nerf will result into a “4 x warriors + 1 x mesmer” meta all day, every day.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

If reflects will be turned into simple deflects, mesmer would have 100% uptime on that still. As you said, its a great form of damage mitigation, but allowing the boss to basiclly killing itself is … ehm .. weird at least. See, Lupi p2. This is still a AI issue (too), but i dont want to derail the thread.

There are only a handful of enemies that can kill themselves through reflect; and for Malrona at least, this was most likely very intended. Removing them removes a big damage source for the Mesmer to keep the class relevant. But I agree, this is a discussion for another time.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

in Profession Balance

haviz.1340

Reflects would be okay if there was any kind of skillful applications of them. Having perma reflections is not exactly hard to achieve yet brings so much it is overpowered.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Some people’s obsession with berserker gear is reaching really crazy levels.
The only clearly OP thing I can see in the video is the well known Fiery Rush. If you still want more “culprits”, then we probably should take a look at the amount of percent final damage increases those eles are making use of.
But no, for some people it’s still and will ever be about berserker gear. The players on the video could wear full soldier, finish the encounter lets say 5 times (probably more) faster than the average PuG, and some people would still be addressing berserker gear as the source of the “problem”.

OP wants this fight to last about 10 minutes.
Well, it’s hard to provide accurate numbers because the usual OP 2nd phase feedback is completely reliant on crit and crit damage, but I don’t think this fight would take more than 2 minutes for a full soldier gear team (even without reflect damage and FGS), so making bosses to have 5 times the current HP should do the trick.
That would, obviously, cause some “play what you want” PuGs spending over half an hour on the encounter, and there’s nothing we could do about it because, face it, they will NEVER be efficient.
A staff guardian, for example, will never be a good steady might source for a long fight. It can be useful if you have to deal with several trash pulls or when fighting bosses with invulnerability phases (like snowblind final boss), but for a long, continuos fight, something like continuous fire field blasting (using low CD blasts like warrior warhorn an the like) achieve better results and sacrifices way less DPS.

It doesn’t really matter if berserker is nerfed, fights are made longer or every single dungeon is completely overhauled; the “meta” will still be about having whatever is needed while keeping the damage output as high as possible.
Even if healing/sustain becomes a must, the best solution will be still about bringing just the needed amount of it and doing it by the most cost efficient way.

In the “play what you want” PuG world, however, players will try to develop some self-suficient well rounded builds (and I’m probably being too generous with this statement), leading to a utility overstack and/or a lot of potential wasted on selfish choices. Even with that, the random nature of the group makes it likely to be lacking on some important tool (lets say vulnerability stacking).

This kind of PuGs will NEVER be viable in terms of efficiency, they just can’t. That’s why meta compositions exist, and the main difference between the current situation and a more varied/complex meta would be the time spent on recruiting the key specs you could be missing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Let me preface this by saying that I am an elementalist- have been since launch, made and still make a daily habit of soloing champs for the hell of it, run glassy builds in organized groups.

That being said, I am in favor of nerfing Fiery Rush. No matter however which way you dice it, there’s nothing not broken about a mechanic that lets you down a boss before it can ever pull out its most threatening attacks. DPS-oriented groups should down an enemy faster than non-DPS groups, but not to the point that it trivializes the fight entirely.

However, the rest of the elite IMO should be left alone. It does good but not absurd damage considering its CD, and as with all conjures, holding a FGS locks you off from your weapon skills, where a lot of active defenses are located. So nerf Fiery Rush (reduce the damage of the trail and/or make it just do burning), but leave the rest of FGS alone.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Richo.3081

Richo.3081

Yeah… look, if its that much of a problem, why don’t all the people complaining go off and get a 7s kill the same way?

When you can’t, stop complaining

There will always be people who are better than you no matter how much you complain and how much gets nerfed, giving you more reason to cry.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Let me preface this by saying that I am an elementalist- have been since launch, made and still make a daily habit of soloing champs for the hell of it, run glassy builds in organized groups.

That being said, I am in favor of nerfing Fiery Rush. No matter however which way you dice it, there’s nothing not broken about a mechanic that lets you down a boss before it can ever pull out its most threatening attacks. DPS-oriented groups should down an enemy faster than non-DPS groups, but not to the point that it trivializes the fight entirely.

However, the rest of the elite IMO should be left alone. It does good but not absurd damage considering its CD, and as with all conjures, holding a FGS locks you off from your weapon skills, where a lot of active defenses are located. So nerf Fiery Rush (reduce the damage of the trail and/or make it just do burning), but leave the rest of FGS alone.

I would think that the logical solution would be to remove the ability to stack the AoEs in one spot. Make it so that the ticks on it have an ICD.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

What people fail to realise is…
The more you defend it with posts such as “Your just not skilled enough” or “your just jelly” it makes it seem like it really is a problem since your arguments for it are laughable at best, there’s is video proof, and the only way you justify it is “Your jelly” good lords… worst justification ever, instead simply ignoring posts such as these and letting them be cast off into the depths of the forum graveyard (page 10+) gets more accomplished since it shows no one cares and all is fine.

Me? I don’t care one bit, but found the posts rather amusing in this thread, so thanks for brightening my morning

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I’ve been saying for a long time that they can burst as good as anyone. Others have disagreed, but they are wrong.

Come with me to a pug dungeon run…
Take your ele …don t worry i ll ress you every 3 seconds….

The fact that the current ele is based only on a situational glitched skill tells a lot on the game balance.

Remove it and see ele take its previous state of useless profession less desired than rangers…and from what i read in ele forum…devs look forward to nerf fgs…..they just know they can t do it with current ele state….

P.S.
FYI

I run 0/20/0/20/30 full zerk
With water offensive traits…its all but a tanky build
It deals with D/D about 1/3 of a warrior dps….with 10 times the risk at least.
Anything scratching a warrior or guardian oneshots me……

Only conjured weapons that are totally PVE and boring as hell saves the dps of an ele.
nerf fiery rush…but give the same dps of warriors to D/D without having to use stupid traits combos.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

At 2-3x the button mashing…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

Nerf clerics. Allowing to facetank ARAH and LUPICUS without dodging is extremely broken. This is something you can’t deny.

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aelfaeth.6512

Aelfaeth.6512

Hey Kyubi, how does that affect you actually? Have you ever been in a party that killed Lupi under one minute? Have you ever tried to make your LFG look like what you want?

The two things I’m saying is that you should play how you want with the people you want. And nobody forces you to go full zerker and play speedruns. So go on, “play how you want” and leave the actual speedruns problems to those that are interested in it.

You mean the devs that should have fixed this a long time ago? Speedrunning shouldn’t even be possible as it’s done now and before you say “it’s a part of the game” or something other like that, I strongly doubt the devs intended for most of the game which they spent a long time making to be skipped.

This is also something that affects all players since most gear etc is dependent on the TP and people making gold in ways that shouldn’t be possible therefore affect everyone.

OT: Zerker is kinda fine, Fiery Rush needs to be fixed, current issues with walls etc needs to be fixed, and simply buff the enemies so that zerkers can’t survive as easy as they do now.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Nerf clerics. Allowing to facetank ARAH and LUPICUS without dodging is extremely broken. This is something you can’t deny.

If it was solo, i could agree. But 5 people stacking as best they can, i would say it is barely working as intended.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

And? How does that change what he/she said?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

haviz.1340

And? How does that change what he/she said?

So many players playing eles that need to be nerfed. That’s why balance team is buffing them.

The build used in this kill is unviable for normal purpose in both pve and pvp.

(edited by haviz.1340)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

well playing an elementalist myself and actualy not behing interested into using FGS in the future i guess im more then happy if they buff the ele in every other area and nerf FGS fury rush damage to the bone so to make the elite good but just not that good as to make it the only reason people would take an ele over something else.

Please boost my scepter damage so my dragon tooth can hit 50k

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Profession Balance

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

That is something that could be changed.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

An average fight should last at least 1 to 5 minute even with maximum damage. A hard fight like this one? 10 minute at least

Here’s my problem with you. You are saying we should play as you want us to play. Stop. Really. You have no right or authority to tell anyone how long these encounters should last. Seriously QFT. You’re posts are nothing but parentlism and “Play how I want you to play” and you are toxic to the community.

Attachments:

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

Boss fight in mmo are meant to take a while to kill. Maybe 10 minute is exageration but a boss typicaly at least need a good 30 second to at least start becoming challanging.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Boss fight in mmo are meant to take a while to kill. Maybe 10 minute is exageration but a boss typicaly at least need a good 30 second to at least start becoming challanging.

At some point, a boss battle becomes monotonous, because your skills have all finished their cool downs and you’re stuck doing the same things over and over and over again. So what you’re asking for is more grind, more monotony.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Profession Balance

thefantasticg.3984

Bolded to emphasize this is your opinion and that is all it is. What is bolded is not some kind of fact or anything that is so remotely close to what is considered a “fact” to be taken seriously. Seriously, man. Quit trying to force your crazy views on the devs to make everyone play the way you want through nerfing other classes.

I can’t wait until the retire this forum to the archives. It’s nothing but a kittenfest to nerf classes instead of fixing them.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

srry . but idk y it is important to try to make dungeons tougher and longer as everyone just wants to get it done as fast as they can .
idk might be just me but dungeons r not fun after your first playing them .
y make people try harder to grind some thing they don’t want to grind that is not fun … thats y they try to do it in 7 sec lol XD if its just not fun lets get it done quick !

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

What tells you my view is crazy? While it may just be an oppinion that oppinion is as good as yours and is worth to be heard. Maybe you think fight should be as short as possible but i think a boss cant possibly be challanging if it doesnt actualy get some chance to damage the player.

Solution to this: they could definitively make more boss like Mai trin and add an invulnerable phase to lupicus during wich the player needs to stay alive while surviving a constant barrage of death bolt or something of the like. Now now you may pretend this is lame because you want the fight to be as short as possible and that once you got it nailed dodging the death bolt is just a waste of time, but we need to leave boss a margin during wich it will be able to actualy hurt the players as right now the game is prety much resumed to hurting the boss as hard as possible in order to reduce the total potential damage taken by the team to the minimum.

In the history of game boss raiding many boss possess a dangerous phase with limited dps viability wich will force the player to work on staying alive rather then work on the damage they deal, Guild wars 2 lack this on most of its encounter wich are as a general rule tank and spank (more like dodge and burn) fight based on downing the boss health bar as fast as possible.

in Profession Balance

thefantasticg.3984

What tells you my view is crazy? While it may just be an oppinion that oppinion is as good as yours and is worth to be heard. Maybe you think fight should be as short as possible but i think a boss cant possibly be challanging if it doesnt actualy get some chance to damage the player.

Because the difference between not crazy and crazy is that it is crazy to force other players to play how you want them to play through the Devs instead of letting them play how they want.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

3 pages of stuff is worthy of tl:dr

but leave fgs rush alone… an extra one drops for some1 else in the party for a very good reason.. Also that fire rush isn’t the only way of getting the same effect, it just so happens to be more powerful than abusing the staff retreat (turn around and do it…yea, i said it, eat it too while you at it) or the dagger fire rush that does the same thing… how about we nerf all underwater spear charges that work the same way cause then i will start avoiding the water like all the other scaredy cats who don’t care to watch how certain skills work and use that to their advantage…

I can guarantee you its going to catch some kind of nerf, it already has taken a slight one actually (used to run a WHOLE LOT farther before the nerfs that changed skills people used for mobility in epicly annoying huge places with not enough wps..wvw mostly.

end rage.
OK fine, maybe it does to a little too much damage, but frankly a nerf to fgs specifically would be unfair because other skills like the afore mentioned underwater stuff, and plenty of things used by mobs (abomination head charge, risen drake broodmama headcharge+wtfwtfwtf poison fields) etc ad nauseum… would still abuse the same basic mechanic for far too much damage done, so i vote leave fgs alone simply because its so uber situational, and its the only thing an ele has to make up for being such a needlessly complex (and otherwise needlessly underpowered) class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

I completely agree with you on this. A 2 minute mark for an organized balanced group seems perfect to me (most bosses should need to be reworked though; there’s nothing interesting on hiting a meatsack for a couple of minutes).
I want to point that this is all about gaming experience. Since dungeon rewards could easily be adjusted to provide the same current gold/time ratios, it has nothing to do with farming capabilities.

I’m not sure, however, if you have really thought on how conflicting is this with your idea of “play what you want” builds becoming more “viable”. The required time for a dungeon run isn’t all about combat.
Speedrun groups can spend more time walking through some dungeons than actually fighting. They probably still move faster than a PUGs (specially if there’s skipping involved), but the differences are way smaller than those related to combat.
The longer encounters are made, the more weight combat gets on dungeon completion times ad the bigger the differences between organized groups and PUGs.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

On a normal run lupi takes 30 seconds to over a minute to kill in an organised dps group. The 7 second kill is a speedkill purely for a record. It is by no means a realistic way to play. Plus it took hours of attempts before they finally managed to get it done.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Because the difference between not crazy and crazy is that it is crazy to force other players to play how you want them to play through the Devs instead of letting them play how they want.

Kind of funny saying that. Because thanks to the dps meta this game’s pve scene has gone from people playing as they like with whatever build they like to. “Play how you want… So long as it’s a zerk mesmer, guardian or warrior”. The farther you deviate from this, the harder it becomes to get in on a dungeon run. I’d be willing to bet some necros have to wait hours to find a group that’d accept/join them.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Profession Balance

Lilith Ajit.6173

The dps meta is that for a reason. And I never have trouble finding a dungeon group on the lfg with my non meta elementalist. Or any of my classes.

When I try to get a group full berserker or meta builds, it takes significantly longer due to people not reading, or they do read and don’t join my group.

Go to lfg and type LFM for x and you’ll get a group in under 5 minutes. The only exceptions I can see are less run dungeons, like Arah p4 or TA Aether path or SE p2.

People keep saying they wait hours. That’s the biggest lie I’ve ever heard.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

Just a simple question: why would anybody ever bother using FGS after such a change? Fiery rush is the only reason people run the elite. The other two elites are absolutely horrible, but even so they would be far superior to FGS without the rush damage. A self-buffed warrior without signet of rage could easily outdps FGS damage if you count the rush out, and warrior is infinitely more durable and sustainable than ele is.

This is something many people seem to not understand. The 4 warrior meta isn’t dead. Not at all, it’s still looming in the shadows, omnipresent, waiting for it’s chance to take control again. Eles, rangers, and the other underdog classes are not in such a good position that they could take a few hits for the team. You hit the wrong spot, and running an ele becomes a nuisance rather than benefit to your team. I sure as hell don’t want to see my beautiful magus turned into an AC bot again.

From my point of view, you wouldn’t mind the change because you like ele as a class and would keep playing it even if it got nerfed to the ground. And well, then there are those of us, who value efficiency more than sticking to a single class no matter how much we like it. I have all characters on lvl 80, don’t particularly mind playing any of them, although I do find ele the most enjoyable. For people like me, ele losing it’s edge in dungeons would mean me having to quit playing my favorite class in favour of something more efficient.

Now don’t misunderstand, I do agree that FGS damage is over the top. But if there needs to be a change, make it so that it doesn’t gut the weapon completely. The auto attack is completely underwhelming and disappointing, I don’t even remember what the skill #2 does, that’s how horrible it is. #3 is possibly the only balanced skill on the whole weapon. #4 is the reason anyone bothers using the elite at all, and #5 is just a filler skill people use to waste time in between #3 and #4 recharges.

If a change comes to FGS, it will not be undeserved, but if the change is just a plain old nerf, it will hurt the ele class badly. FGS needs a complete overhaul, and it needs to stay a dps weapon that offers burst superior to more easily accessible alternatives.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

If it was solo, i could agree. But 5 people stacking as best they can, i would say it is barely working as intended.

Look at the skill descriptions of supportive skills. With such miniscule range/radius stacking apparently IS the intended way to beat content. Use your brain at least a little please. Or find out something about how the game actually works instead of coming up with your own stuff. Thanks.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

agreed with the comment about “normal lupi kills” and 30 seconds for those is a very, very major understatement for “normal” groups

Either way, I vote Lupi for all new meta’s… people are going on about the frost bow for the same general thing… statioinary target = super high dps (cause they think teq’s … hit box actually moves outside of specific phase changes or something i guess). But yes, if you get into a pug and they expect a lupi to die faster than all the previous bosses they probably cheesed to death (exploited, but nobody been banned for those yet afaik) then they should be voted off the island immediately and told where they can shove it unless the group is asking quite explicitly for such a pugger

cause teq’s … hit box without …. becomes teq’kitten box lololololol epic.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Congrats kyubi, you are the first person that I have come to truly hate on these forums. You represent everything I loathe in the human race. Your posts are never constructive, all you are trying to do is to shape the game in your image without a single spec of regard for other players.

+1. People like this kyubi are one of the reasons why we can’t have nice things. Keep being toxic OP, drive this game further into the ground along with everyone else. Screw how others have fun, let’s have fun the way you want us to have fun. #application2anet

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Screw how others have fun, let’s have fun the way you want us to have fun

I swear, you guys abuse that phrase like you’re getting royalties.
A game has to know what it’s doing in terms of encounter length and stick to it. Because encounter length, combat, and what it’s trying to achieve in terms of gameplay and fun are all interconnected.

Hack n’ slash Action titles like God of War have very fast paced combat and think mowing through enemies is fun. So they make standard encounters and the active combat phases of bosses very short.

Boss-killing Action games like Shadow of the Colossus have slower paced combat and think lengthy encounters with (let’s call it) environmental challenges is fun. So they don’t even have standard encounters, and their boss fights last longer to make the most of the (let’s call it) platforming elements.

Could you imagine Shadow of the Colossus if you could ignore gravity? Or God of War if you could get stuck on a single active combat phase for the entire fight and missed all the phase changes, quicktime events and cutscenes? And the developers were just like, “Oh, that one guy thought it was fun. Whatever, man. It’s all good.”?

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

MMO fight are by definition supose to be lenghtly, this isnt a hack and slash or devil may cry where you just gota rush the ennemy health bar as fast as possible or get destroyed in 1 hit. This might be a active defence based MMO this doesnt justify for boss getting destroyed this fast.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

The last MMO I played before GW2 may have had lengthy fights (Can’t remember anymore, how long did a Kael’Thas kill take? 20 minutes or so?), but those were better than anything in GW2 by orders of magnitude. Making virtually all GW2 fights significantly longer just means turning them into an eternity of boredom, since most boss fights have terrible (non-)design.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Profession Balance

Lilith Ajit.6173

MMO fight are by definition supose to be lenghtly,

I’d like to see your dictionary please.

[ARES]

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

Give me one MMORPG where the fight can be burned like you do here, i dont need a dictionnary to simply state an obvious fact.

Unless you are several level over the target as a general rule you cant do this kind of thing in a MMORPG.

Several thing normaly prevent this 1 behing the presence of tank and healer who weaken the damage dramaticaly and 2 behing the unability to dodge the blows. In the current case dps can slaugther the boss down with impunity without the need to tone down their damage for a little defence. While anet wanted us to fight the boss without standing still and think more they didnt want us to rush for health bar spamming the fastest damage combo trought it either. Rushing the dps is just the same as tank healing a fight for several minute. Boss should be able to counter attack and force you to actualy fight defensively even if for a few second instead we all running in a corner to stack and spam our best attack combo so to down the thing before it can even hurt us because stacking allow us to proc all our buff togueter and rez people as they get downed faster (dude you aint supose to get downed in the first place if you play the fight right). This is the result of stacking behing the most effective strategy right now and it leads to dumbed down play.

Pugs groups who does the fight as if they never done it before and react according to situation are actualy the one whos doing the game as it was intended in the first place while we break things up to make it faster. In any other game over rushing the health bar of a boss like this would be considered a flawed fight or an exploit and just because guild wars 2 does the promotion of damage spec doesnt mean our methods are right.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Axelifus.3269

Axelifus.3269

snip

Lineage 2, destroyer, frenzy.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Since when is “all other games do it like this, so it must be right” an acceptable argument? There’s a reason I’m not playing all the other games…

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

Id seriously like to hear the devs opinion about burn dpsing trought their content like if it was a Devil may cry game.

in Profession Balance

haviz.1340

Dear kyubi, I should inform you that in order to kill him in 7 seconds (which really isn’t 7 seconds, only damage was done in 7 seconds) you need to retrait in order to get completely unviable builds, get full stacks on sigils, food and then pray to goddes of rng. This fight shows how fast you can burn him down under almost idealistic conditions, it’s not how you fight him.

If you think that going to retrait (about 5 minutes to retrait before and after the fight), stack sigils (1-3 minutes), position lupi properly (1 minute) and get good rng (few hours) is faster than just killing him in 1 minute, there’s something wrong with your math. No one fights this boss like it was shown in that clip.

Instead of finding issues where they don’t exists, how about you make a thread how guardians allow zerker to faceroll 99% of the content? That would be an actual professions balance thread coming from you.

Id seriously like to hear the devs opinion about burn dpsing trought their content like if it was a Devil may cry game.

DMC games are awesome, there’s a reason I like this one and most of the DMC. Active combat.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vergil Huragok.3967

Vergil Huragok.3967

This! FGS even got buffed with the last updates in terms of mobility.

- FGS isn´t overpowered! Fiery Rush isn´t overpowered!
- Fiery Rush ONLY works against a corner or a wall AND an enemy who doesn´t move
- Fiery Greatsword has a cooldown of 180 seconds
- and finally: FGS is an Elite skill, compare FGS to something like timewarp or warbanner(especially WvW/PvP). Now tell me again, that FGS is overpowered -.-

Keep in mind: FGS gets nerf will result into a “4 x warriors + 1 x mesmer” meta all day, every day.

On my phone so just gonna point out something on fiery rush, the skill is op damage wish due to it not needing a target, or working without one by setting that option off- regardless of this being an elite skill or not one can argue its unintentional and abet actually could place a limit on it if they chose as seen in the engineer tool belt for add static shock- it literally will not work unless an enemy is targeted, it’s a matter of balance if they apply this to other skills ( which I prefer they’d do to some in terms of absurd mobility applications)

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

I happen to seriously hate on game that makes boss feels like they are made of paper. Heres a list of game i played

World of warcraft (all expension up to MOP), Guild Wars, Everquest, Everquest 2, Neverwinter, Perfect World

None of these game focus on taking boss down trought sheer damage because its theoricaly impossible to do (save for PWI where a sin can solo from life leech but as a general rule its still a long fight and cost a huge amount of real life money to even be viable)

All of those MMO have systems similar to how guild wars 2 fight are done and by default save for the fact you can dodge and dont got a heal or a tank are in no way different in therm of mechanics. I dont think the dev would have bothered giving the boss so many telegraphed attacks and multiple phase if they where intended to be rushed trought.

Way boss are normaly done in GW 2: team kite around the boss and attack it while trying not to get hit. If a guy fall some teamate run to it and try to heal him.

Way stuff are done in a speed run: Team stack in the corner pull boss or mobs in then deal as much damage as possible and revive teamate as they fall.

in Profession Balance

haviz.1340

I happen to seriously hate on game that makes boss feels like they are made of paper. Heres a list of game i played

World of warcraft (all expension up to MOP), Guild Wars, Everquest, Everquest 2, Neverwinter, Perfect World

None of these game focus on taking boss down trought sheer damage because its theoricaly impossible to do (save for PWI where a sin can solo from life leech but as a general rule its still a long fight and cost a huge amount of real life money to even be viable)

All of those MMO have systems similar to how guild wars 2 fight are done and by default save for the fact you can dodge and dont got a heal or a tank are in no way different in therm of mechanics. I dont think the dev would have bothered giving the boss so many telegraphed attacks and multiple phase if they where intended to be rushed trought.

Way boss are normaly done in GW 2: team kite around the boss and attack it while trying not to get hit. If a guy fall some teamate run to it and try to heal him.

Way stuff are done in a speed run: Team stack in the corner pull boss or mobs in then deal as much damage as possible and revive teamate as they fall.

You brought GW1 as an example? Do you know about elite missions done in 5-6 minutes where the last bosses (Urgoz and Kanaxai) were dead after 10-20 seconds during the speedrun? Lupi is usually dead after 30-40s during the speedrun.