All 40 new GM traits for feature patch

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Elementalist

• Fire: Blinding Ashes: Blind foes for 5 seconds when you burn them – cooldown 5s
  • Air: Lightning Rod – interrupting an enemy causes them to be stuck by a damaging lightning bolt that leaves them weakened (5s)
  • Earth: Stone heart – You cannot be critically hit while attuned to earth
  • Water: Aquatic Benevolence- your healing to other allies (not self) is increased by 25% – stacks well with Runes of the Monk
  • Arcane – Elemental Contingency- Gain a boon when you are stuck, based on your current attunement, coodown; 10 seconds. Fire: 3.5s of retaliation; air: 5 seconds of fury; Earth: 2.5s of protection; Water: 3 seconds of vigor

Engineer

• Explosives: Synaptic Overload – gain 3 seconds of quickness when you hit a foe with a knockback skill
    Firearm: Bunker Down – Create a proximity mine at your location when you critically hit with an attack. Mines have a 10s duration, 2s cooldown (mines do not remove boons)
  • Inventions: Fortified Turrets – your turrets are surrounded by a reflective shield when created. 4s duration, ends if the turret is picked up or destroyed.
  • Alchemy: Experimental Turrets – Turrets apply boons based in a 600 raidus around them every 10 seconds. Thumper turrets: 3 seconds of protection. Net turret: 10s of swiftness. Rifle turret – 5s of fury. Healing turret – 3s of vigor. Rocket turret – 3s of retaliation; Flame turret – 3 stack of might for 10s.
  • Tools – Gadgeteer – gadgets grant additional boons upon use. Boon vary based on the gadget being used – AED – 3s of retaliation, Personal Battering Ram – 5s of fury; Rocket Boots – 4s of Vigor; Slick Shoes – 8s of regeneration; Throw mine – 6s of aegis; Utility Goggles 5 stacks of might for 8 seconds.

Guardian

• Zeal: Amplified Wrath- Burning damage is increased by 33%
  • Radiance: Radiant Retaliation – Retaliation Damage scales from condition damage instead of power
  • Valor: Communal Defenses – Grant 5s of aegis to allies in 360 range when you block an attack. 20s cooldown.
  • Honor: Force of Will – Gain up to 300 vitality, based on your level. (around 3k HP at level 80)
  • Virtues: Purity of Body – Resolve’s passive effects increase endurance regeneration by 15%

Mesmer

• Domination: Power Block – Enemy skills that you interrupt have an increased cooldown of 10s (no internal cooldown on this skill, just depends on cooldowns of your interrupts)
  • Dueling: Triumphant Distortion – Gain 3s of distortion upon killing an enemy. No cooldown.
  • Chaos: Bountiful Disillusionment – Gain boons each time a shatter skill is used. Mind wrack – 3s of relitation. Cry of frusturation – 3 stacks of might for 15s; Diversion – 5s of fury; Distortion – 8 seconds of regeneration
  • Inspiration: Disruptor’s Sustainment: Gain 1000 healing power for 5s upon interrupting a foe.
  • llusions: Maim the Disillusioned – Enemies hit by shatter skills are inflicted with torment.

Necromancer

• Spite: Parasitic Contagion – A % of your condition damage heals you (5%, not affected by healing power)
  • Curses: Path of Corruption – Dark Path now additionally converts 2 boons into conditions.
  • Death Magic: Unholy Sanctuary- Regenerate health while you are in death shroud (this is the only method currently to physically regen your HP while in death shroud – it is same as healing from regen, will scale with your healing power)
  • Blood Magic: Unholy Martyr – Draw 1 condition from allies every 3 seconds while in death shroud. Each time you draw a condition, gain 5% life force.
  • Soul Reaping: Renewing Blast – Life Blast heal allies that it passes through. (~800 heal per blast, scales up with healing power)

Ranger

• Marksmanship: Read the Wind: Longbow and Harpoon Gun projectile velocity is increased by 100%.
  • Skirmishing: Strider’s Defense – You have a 15% chance to block ranged attacks while in melee.
  • Wilderness Survival : Poison Master – Poison you apply deals 50% extra damage. Poison your pet’s first attack when they are swapped to.
  • Nature Magic: Survival of the fittest – Remove two conditions and gain fury when using a survival skill.
  • Beast Mastery: Invigorating Bond- Your pet heals in an area when executing command abilities (i.e. your F2 skill now heals in an area)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Thief

• Deadly Arts: Revealed Training – Gain up to 200 extra power when you are revealed, based on your level (Revealed lasts for 3s for WvW, 4s for sPvP)
  • Critical Strikes : Invigorating Precision – You are healed for a % of the strike damage dealt. The current rate is 5%. Does not work on ambient creatures.
  • Shadow Arts: Resilience of Shadows – Stealth you apply reduces 50% incoming attack damage (does not work against condition damges)
  • Acrobatics: Assassin’s Equilibrium – Gain 1s of stability when you are revealed. This is a high skill cap trait as you need to use it when you see a stun/daze coming and attack first to reveal yourself and gain the stability.
  • Trickery: Bewildering Ambush – Stealing applies 5 stacks of confusion for 5 seconds.

Warrior

• Strength: Burst Precision – Burst skills have an increased chance to critically hit ( Chance: 100%)
  • Arms: Dual Wield Agility- Your attack speed is increased by 10% when wielding a sword, axe or mace in your offhand.
  • Defense: Rousing Resilience – Gain toughness when you break out of a stun. The amount of toughness gained is up to 1000, based on your level and lasts for 4 seconds.
  • Tactics: Phalanx Strength – When you grant yourself might, grant it to nearby allies as well. 6s of might is granted each time this trait triggers. (It works with blast finishers)
  • Discipline: Brawler’s Recovery – Remove blindness when you swap weapons.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Earth: Stone heart – You cannot be critically hit while attuned to earth
Explosives: Synaptic Overload – gain 3 seconds of quickness when you hit a foe with a knockback skill
Firearm: Bunker Down – Create a proximity mine at your location when you critically hit with an attack. Mines have a 10s duration, 2s cooldown (mines do not remove boons)
Domination: Power Block – Enemy skills that you interrupt have an increased cooldown of 10s (no internal cooldown on this skill, just depends on cooldowns of your interrupts)
Blood Magic: Unholy Martyr – Draw 1 condition from allies every 3 seconds while in death shroud. Each time you draw a condition, gain 5% life force.
Shadow Arts: Resilience of Shadows – Stealth you apply reduces 50% incoming attack damage (does not work against condition damges)
Tactics: Phalanx Strength – When you grant yourself might, grant it to nearby allies as well. 6s of might is granted each time this trait triggers. (It works with blast finishers)

The rest would be better not being added since they wont be used ever by anyone.

Dueling: Triumphant Distortion – Gain 3s of distortion upon killing an enemy. No cooldown.
This will be super overpowered in WvW though.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Adamsdjr.1350

Adamsdjr.1350

Ranger skills are garbage warriors are god-like…yeah ok

in Profession Balance

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

really unbalanced imo
all get some cool stuff and guard and ranger get nothing worthwile

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Thanks for posting them all on one topic.

Ida

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bandido.8719

Bandido.8719

Pure rubbish for rangers. Not a surprise.

(edited by Bandido.8719)

in Profession Balance

snow.8097

has anyone the Feeling too that the ranger WS trait was created after a known post in CDI? xD

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ThanatosAngel.8024

ThanatosAngel.8024

Anet sure do love their warriors, eh?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bandido.8719

Bandido.8719

has anyone the Feeling too that the ranger WS trait was created after a known post in CDI? xD

Yep, they take in consideration one of the most useless proposals ignoring the real things that rangers need.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Thief has some nice ones but I don’t see the CS trait being all that great at 5%. BS for 10,000, you only heal for 500 and you can’t repeat that instantly. HS for even 5k, you only heal for 250. The conversion should be a bit higher imho, like 7 or 10% considering its off crit hits only and not all crit hits are going to heal you for anything noticeable. If anything it should heal for 15% off single target skills, and 10% off cleaving skills, that way pw doesn’t somehow manage to get called op again….

Warrior has some broken ones, as usual.

Mesmer, same deal. Just give them more ways to be unbeatable in a duel.

Necromancer has some really nice ones, none of which seem all too powerful even as a GM trait. The healing life blast would be fun to play in wvw

Guardian as usual, gets buffs in the wrong places. Burn doesn’t need buffs, condi guardian needs conditions!

Engi, boons galore. Might as well give them consume ectoplasm as an auto attack.

Ele has some neat ones, but I know ele the least so meh. I’d say immunity to crits is pretty significant though.

Ranger has highs and lows. Love the thought of survival skills being that much better, but the projectile trait? LB already flies insanely fast, having a GM trait ONLY bump that speed seems pathetic.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

yeah, but I wish they didn’t…

GM, really? for something 140 more poison per tick on somewhat 2k condis damage?

the “master of poison” idea really didn’t appeal to me in the forst place… not gonna slot it as is, for sure…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

Considering how recent the CDI was, it kind of tips me off that they haven’t spent a long time working on these traits. They were produced on-the-spot quite recently.

Which explains how unimaginative some of them are. Most of them are passive bonuses, which is incredibly boring and doesn’t foster good play / counterplay mechanics.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Perma stealth thieves (both power and condi damage) are gonna be SOOOOO much more annoying to kill now, even if you can outplay them, a 50% damage reduction in stealth is way too much.

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Anet loves warriors? he only thing good for warrior is

Tactics: Phalanx Strength – When you grant yourself might, grant it to nearby allies as well. 6s of might is granted each time this trait triggers. (It works with blast finishers)

This is purely a support trait and we have to give up shout heal. So how exactly does anet loves warriors?

in Profession Balance

snow.8097

EB is still too dominating and what i could imagine is a new build, lets call them survival ranger…or Darwin Ranger, who go 10/0/30/30/0 (with keen edge, reduced cd on survival skills, EB and the new GM trait) and we have a new bunker with good dmg Output cause of fury and conditions. which stats? dont know maybe carrion, rabid, maybe we can try valkyrie for crit dmg (24% crit Chance)

and too mesmer:
“hey lets give mesmer more healing…what about 1000?”
in numbers: ist in a heal power line ergo 1300 healing, over 1800 if they use a heal Amulet in pvp:
Ether feast: 6860 HP (20s cd)
Miror: 4695HP (15s cd)
SotE: active: 6665HP (35s cd) passive(3): 1243HP (just triggering once or maybe twice)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

What a shock the same old powerful classes continue to get overpowered traits…

Ele, immune to crits in a attunement that is NO threat means nothing. Blind on burning, on a 5 second cool down inside a terrible traitline a terrible Air trait, average water trait that wont be taken by most and a arcana trait that is rather meh itself.

People see “immune to crits” and ignore the fact you have to be in an attunement that is no threat to anyone….

in Profession Balance

snow.8097

This is purely a support trait and we have to give up shout heal. So how exactly does anet loves warriors?

kidding me? 100% crit on burst is NO LOVE? eviscarate with guaranteed crit?
thats love xD they like to dinner with u and romantic Music and roses everywhere

in Profession Balance

snow.8097

What a shock the same old powerful classes continue to get overpowered traits…

Ele, immune to crits in a attunement that is NO threat means nothing. Blind on burning, on a 5 second cool down inside a terrible traitline a terrible Air trait, average water trait that wont be taken by most and a arcana trait that is rather meh itself.

People see “immune to crits” and ignore the fact you have to be in an attunement that is no threat to anyone….

Its just that its like “oh i get dmg, i Switch to earth and relax some seconds before my heal is ready” While they could have perma regen with the water trait line, thats like weakness on foe while attuned to earth

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

kidding me? 100% crit on burst is NO LOVE? eviscarate with guaranteed crit?
thats love xD they like to dinner with u and romantic Music and roses everywhere

Sigil of Intelligence will have the next 3 attacks be 100% crits so why would you bother with that useless trait.

in Profession Balance

snow.8097

instead of intelligence a war could use much better sigils imo.
but okay maybe BP is too dominating in this place

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

Yeah I mean why waste a sigil when you can waste 15% damage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Who the hell came up with these ideas? Warriors and Mesmers get a massive buff from these traits, Rangers get a bunch of crappy ones save for one which is now REQUIRED to get more active condition removal (forcing all of us into bunker builds), etc.

kitten Anet, I want to trust you, but you’re only telling us with these traits that you don’t care about balance, considering that both Mesmers and Warriors are already OP across the board.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Parasitic Contagion seems really good. I’ll have to play with it but it sounds really good.

Path of Corruption sounds .. Not that great. I’m on the fence on this one. I feel it might be in between master and grandmaster.

Unholy Sanctuary…. Why do I still feel cheated with this? I finally can heal in Death shroud. So why does this feel like it isn’t worth it as a grandmaster. OH THATS RIGHT! IT DOESN’T ALLOW OUTSIDE SOURCES TO HEAL YOU!!!! So life stealing is still quite useless. Unless this description is wrong, but I’ve learned never to get my hopes up for the necromancer.

Unholy Martyr. I don’t know what niche this has, but I’m not going to say its good or bad until I can fully understand just how good this actually is. In theory it sounds like it could be interesting for a shroud healer build, but I’m not too sure.

Renewing Blast… Bad. Just bad. Arena net! When will you get it, added abilities linked to life blast isn’t worth adding as a grandmaster. And it has to pass through allies no less.

Over all I give this 2 stars out of 5. You have some nice ideas, but it just falls short of acceptable.

in Profession Balance

snow.8097

i think read the wind…is a nice trait but in wrong place
Markmanship has too many good traits for a longbow build.
The new elite could be used in a later Balance patch to get merged with piercing arrows, what do u think? i think it would make sence, i meam imagine rapid fire double so fast, that would feel like the rangers shoots with an AK 47 on foe, why should the arrows not pierce them?
Then we just have to choose between eagle eye and spotter. Could be an Option who ranger who dont want to Play signet.

Power block Needs a CD, i mean this trait was already strong in GW1 and just imagine the mesmer Interrupts ur heal? you. have. big. Problems.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Obvious that Anet really really really wants me never to touch my Ranger again at this rate.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dos.7052

Dos.7052

anet didn’t learn ANYTHING from previous ranger CDI post, the projectile traveling speed should be improved by default not by a grandmaster trait and not only affect longbow and harpoon gun.

in Profession Balance

snow.8097

the philosophy of anets balancing is test it before the Player can test it.
For that u CANT expect that the CDI has in that short time direct Impact to this Balancing

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I feel sad about these traits, as they will further just deviate the class balance in the game mode I care about: WvWvW.

Phalanx Strength is even more easy mode for warriors in zergs and further makes the hammer warrior trains more overpowered: 25 stacks of might for everybody 24h7. Burst precision will allow high power + crit % warriors do some really crazy bursts with added reliability.

Engineer traits are all total lackluster. Turrets still have way too low hit pool and AoE will still destroy the turrets in a second. Despite being GM trait, Gadgeteer is clearly weaker than elementalist’s Master level trait:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elemental_Attunement

There is not yet information how well the new necromancer traits will scale with healing power, but this might bring a bit more sustain and group heal support to necros. Currently healing power is kinda useless stat on necros.

Ranger finally got some active condition removal with survival of the fittest. I would have altered some healing skills do remove 1 condition.

Bewildering Ambush is perfect from 1500 range (long reach) thief troll builds in WvWvW. Press F1 + 5xconfusion. Spam some interrupt like pistol with with perplexity rune set. And resilience of shadows gives crazily big 50% damage reduction under stealth (and perma stealth is still possible). GG… Such a “fun” way to play for enemies.

The mesmer traits, Power Block and Triumphant Distortion, can be seriously overpowered in right circumstances. One trait basically setting the outcome of the match. Sighs…

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Its just that its like “oh i get dmg, i Switch to earth and relax some seconds before my heal is ready” While they could have perma regen with the water trait line, thats like weakness on foe while attuned to earth

Earth attunement is NO threat. You go into that so you gain immunity to getting crit hit, but at the same time you are no threat to the opponents. You spend what about 25% of your time in Earth in combat and thats at the VERY best.

So immunity to crit about 25% of the time – if that. at the cost of being no threat. Sure you could go with the go into Earth when you know/think burst is coming but you are still taking the damage, it will just be a little bit less.

Then what do you do? leave it? then become susceptible to crit hits again but have the damage to be a threat? or stay in earth and die slowly without being a threat….

One trait basically setting the outcome of the match. Sighs…

Most of these traits will be nerfed, no other way about it. 50% less damage in stealth…on a class that spends most of the fight in stealth…yeah thats going to go down well. Warrior, Thief, Mesmer all have insanely broken traits….

While other classes get average to poor traits. Ele, Ranger and a few Necromancer ones are rather poor as well. People see the blind on burning but ignore the cool down and think perma blindness, others see the crit immunity and ignore the terrible attunement you have to be in for it to be active….

(edited by ArmageddonAsh.6430)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Alasteir.7031

Alasteir.7031

Because Anet did something they disagreed with, and took it personally. Like people on the forums always do.

Most of these talents simply open up other possible builds, which was sort of stated at the beginning when Karl stated that they weren’t meant to compete with other GM traits. Yet everyone on the forums is apparently taking the new traits as a balance attempt.

Every single one of the new traits have to be taken over another GM trait that are used in well established builds, or in traitlines that are never used (which there intent here was to open up those lines for possible use) and to provide more viability for support.

Lady Novae – 80 Human Ele – Blackgate

(edited by Alasteir.7031)

in Profession Balance

NinjaEd.3946

Perma stealth thieves (both power and condi damage) are gonna be SOOOOO much more annoying to kill now, even if you can outplay them, a 50% damage reduction in stealth is way too much.

You realize they give up the infamous Shadow’s Rejuvenation for that right? I mean it had to compete with it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

its takes a GM trait..

nobody is going to take any of the new GM traits on warriors.

because it will cost you a different good GM trait the warriors are using right now.

-100% on burst is in 30 strength, nobody is going that far in that traitline

-10% attack speed.. you wont even feel or see the difference, besides its only there when using a sword/axe/mace in offhand.. nobody use it because they suck, besides sword off hand, but that’s a 100% condi weapon so they don’t benefit much

-+ armor on stun break… ok well first if you use endure pain for a stun break you wont need any extra armor.. maby its nice when using other stun breakers but still it cost you a different trait like endure pain on 25% health or for hambow warrior it will cost you either hammer trait or cleansing ire..

-might for allies, warrior itself doesn’t benefit from it.. could be nice for a might stacking boost party.. but the only reason warriors go 30 into this traitline is to get healing on banner or healing on shouts.. well not sure if any warrior will give that up for some might..

-the last one is silly, remove blind on swap… why not just auto attack 1 more?? no lets skip the rotation and swap your weapon, this also cost you burst mastery…

so overall you wont see warriors running this, maby some experimenting it but that’s it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arcade.6932

Arcade.6932

Skirmishing: Strider’s Defense – You have a 15% chance to block ranged attacks while in melee.

Now is that ranged projectiles or any ranged attack? Seems like GS may have a comeback in my PvP build. Feel The Wind also looks interesting. I’m excited for these new traits.

[Mist]
Darkhavem

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

Phalanx Strength will be pretty amazing for dungeons with a zerker build and Banner of Discipline.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forceful_Greatsword
Using this trait and spamming Hundred Blades will pretty much give perma 25 might to your party. Especially with might duration runes next patch.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

Phalanx Strength will be pretty amazing for dungeons with a zerker build and Banner of Discipline.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forceful_Greatsword
Using this trait and spamming Hundred Blades will pretty much give perma 25 might to your party. Especially with might duration runes next patch.

Once again establishing firmly the role of a Zerker Warrior in all PvE content.

While my Powermancer Necro got…the ability to bunker. Which was really needed in PvE. Powermancer just got totally useful in PvE.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

-10% attack speed.. you wont even feel or see the difference, besides its only there when using a sword/axe/mace in offhand.. nobody use it because they suck, besides sword off hand, but that’s a 100% condi weapon so they don’t benefit much

Actually 10% attack speed increase is not that bad. Imagine the previously it would take you 1 second to attack, but now 0.9 —> 1/0.9 = 11.1% more attacks in same time --> roughly same increase in DPS. Still Berserker’s Might, which can give up to +15% damage increase, is better if you can keep adrenaline up all the time. Note that the new trait has great synergy with dual wielding, which already gives +5% damage increase with axe/mace/sword offhand.

Mace and sword offhand are not bad at all. I might even argue that sword offhand is a bit overpowered in 1vs1 situations with a full condi tank build.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Mesmer

• Chaos: Bountiful Disillusionment – Gain boons each time a shatter skill is used. Mind wrack – 3s of relitation. Cry of frusturation – 3 stacks of might for 15s; Diversion – 5s of fury; Distortion – 8 seconds of regeneration
  • llusions: Maim the Disillusioned – Enemies hit by shatter skills are inflicted with torment.

These 2 could be pretty decent. Depending on the duration and stacks of the Torment. Both could be pretty good in Shatter builds.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

This immune to crit is kinda crazy op,everyone that are going as crit dps get 66% of there stats removed when fighting a ele Oo

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

This immune to crit is kinda crazy op,everyone that are going as crit dps get 66% of there stats removed when fighting a ele Oo

It is NOT overpowered. Its in a attunement that is NO threat. So you can’t crit them. You can continue to attack them and have no fear of anything because Earth attunement is simply no threat to anyone.

You just keep attacking them, force them out of earth to try and put you on the defensive at which point you can burst them. They could heal in Earth but Earth itself is no threat.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

The Mesmer traits look REALLY strong. I’ll call it now that they’ll have to be tweaked in a later patch and will be very briefly OP.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Pure rubbish for rangers. Not a surprise.

“amazing things” are yet to come!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I doubt many will even use that trait. They have to choose between damage reduction or heal. I’d imagine most will still choose the heal.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Overall, these traits are really unbalanced.

1. Ranger, thief, and necro have skills that aren’t any good
2. Mesmer and Warrior have OP skills
3. I’d imagine most bunker guards will take the vit buff. It is too much for this class already
4. I really hope that engi turret shield does not block people who run into them.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

its takes a GM trait..

nobody is going to take any of the new GM traits on warriors.

because it will cost you a different good GM trait the warriors are using right now.

-100% on burst is in 30 strength, nobody is going that far in that traitline

-+ armor on stun break… ok well first if you use endure pain for a stun break you wont need any extra armor.. maby its nice when using other stun breakers but still it cost you a different trait like endure pain on 25% health or for hambow warrior it will cost you either hammer trait or cleansing ire..

-might for allies, warrior itself doesn’t benefit from it.. could be nice for a might stacking boost party.. but the only reason warriors go 30 into this traitline is to get healing on banner or healing on shouts.. well not sure if any warrior will give that up for some might..

-the last one is silly, remove blind on swap… why not just auto attack 1 more?? no lets skip the rotation and swap your weapon, this also cost you burst mastery…

so overall you wont see warriors running this, maby some experimenting it but that’s it.

Easy translation:

Current Warrior traits are already too good that the new GM traits that seems OP in the eyes of other classes are called “useless” by the warriors.

in Profession Balance

NinjaEd.3946

Earth isn’t a dps attunement, and its a GM trait for a defensive trait line. If an ele sits all day in earth you do no harm by spamming aa.

Besides it adds counter play for being rather squishy (light armor, low health pool, etc). Thief enter stealth, swap to earth, avoid crit BS. Spot warrior kill shot inc, swap to earth. Spot guardian focus bomb inc, swap to earth, etc. In the mean time you’re just bunkering in there to avoid a burst, you won’t see any ele stay in earth for long.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: WolfiKurisu.6894

WolfiKurisu.6894

Ranger gets 1 useful trait…
Why the hell would you even be using Melee against someone with a Ranged weapon?!
Anyone with a brain would switch to Melee as soon as you’re close enough to use it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Skyz.4105

Skyz.4105

ok as a mesmer i feel like alot of you ware not actually looking at how traits work but instead reading the trait and thinking “oh if i had that trait it would be op” no u gotta realise that u have to give up things for these traits and in almost all situations ALL traits to all classes are useless and not worth giving up current ones, yes even warrior…

For example
•Domination: Power Block : Yes strong for a interupt mesmer which is becoming popular atm and very potent BUT its 30 in first trait line and most run 20/20/30/0/0 and therefore to get this trait u must give up either Chaotic intteruption which is the bread and butter of this build so kitten giving that or deceptive evasion which is a big blow and will make it so much easier to kill overall not worth it.

•Dueling: Triumphant Distortion : only realy effects wvw and not duels so no need to cry ,this one actually fits kinda. i agree this is OP trait but will it make wvw mesmers op no, because there weak so 2/40 in a zerg will have this u wont feel a single bit of change + its a snowball skill only works if your scrubs rallybot.

•Chaos: Bountiful Disillusionment : looks nice on the outside but is completly in a random spot, common shatter build : 20/20/0/0/30 and therefore damage lost for using this is dumb and in no way worth it. Maybe if it was some sort of aoe boons for the team could be good support in roaming but for duels useless.

•Inspiration: Disruptor’s Sustainment : very intresting and weird but guess what once again does not fit interupt build at all but could well be used for a phantasm build which is the only reason you would go into this trait line

•llusions: Maim the Disillusioned : and final no, just no not giving up my Illusionary Persona for this kitten + even though it is condition based no condi mesmers will go for this or they give up PU or DE which is good for u if they do. so be happy its a noob trap

So overall that was way to long and dumb but mesmers didnt get kitten either in all reality no one got anything just like the new heals everyone thought the others got op ones and thought theirs was dumb and look now bearly any of those new heals is used

Sky–Shatter Mesmer, Guild leader – [IV] The Fourth Legion – r1400+ – 95k+ kills
Seafarer’s Rest Gold Invader [IV]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: QuadrupleX.7163

QuadrupleX.7163

Anyone notice that there were only 4 Engineer GM traits?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Anyone notice that there were only 4 Engineer GM traits?

No there are 5, Firearms is only missing the numeration point.