Are people overstating the Ranger changes?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

If you have problem with ranger lingbow: side step and it will miss. Move behind the ranger and that will cancel the skill. Dodge it, easy to count: 1 second, 1 shot

Show me how to sidestep a lb traited with read the wind. Please show me you can sidestep it, at any range.
Only one rule, walking behind ranger in melee range does not count as a sidestep. If you find a way to sidestep traited lb without using any evade, dodge, reflect, block, invuln, stealth or teleport of any kind ill pay you 20 gold.
Video must be showing time and date and include full view of the traits used by the ranger at all times.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DHK.8406

DHK.8406

The reason that some people see Longbow as powerful is because longbow is countered very different from other professions.

On any other class, the answer to taking massive burst is run away from them vs. a ranger the answer to taking massive burst is to charge them.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Not sure about that as Projectile based ranged attacks in this game have addition counters in the form of Reflection, and abilities that out right destroy projectiles.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I don’t know how you can say the new GM trait will be good for PvE when most bosses are immune to roots and cripple. The GM trait won’t be used. Rangers will take piercing arrows, spotter, and probably might on signet use or the % modifier when at full endurance.

What are you talking about? Are you talking about normal PvE where noone ever cares what you take as weapon? Or do you talk about competitive PvE, aka. Dungeons or Fractals, where LB will still be way too weak to compete with the melee options the ranger has?

Which is why I said more than 3 traits in that line…piercing shots for wvw and might on signet+10% full endurance+spotter for pve.

It doesn’t matter anyways you’ll carry a longbow as a secondary for fights like fractal 50 mossman when you get low and can’t take his cleaves or archdiviner when you’re out of endurance.

No one with their mind in the right place would take a couple of stack of mights over a flat 10 % (+5%) damage modifier. No one. Might on signet activation is useless in a group scenario.

Traiting your longbow for the scenarios you are listing is a waste aswell. But I guess it’s pointless to point that out to someone who thinks it’s mandatory to carry the LB as a secondary weapon..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This is an MMO balance forum on the internet. Of course people are overstating the ranger proposed changes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

people are over estimating long bow wayyyyy too much. The cast time is shorter, the velocity of the arrow is faster. well, guess what, you will die faster with good players that know how to block and reflect, or worst RETALIATION. do you know how many “range” ranger kill themselves with their “bow” in pvp and wvw?

some people are saying lb are going to be “scary” what a joke. the only annoying thing about lb is the stealth #3.

Ranger still has the worst party utility. Now with buffed lb, it will be worst because they will be “ranging” most of the time. cos who knows how many people will try to wield lb, and make it “working” with the changes.

the only good thing about ranger’s update is the signet and the entangle changes. Which will make signet rangers more popular and bring even less utility to the party.

after the update, I will probably tolerate rangers even less knowing all of this.

(edited by pho.9412)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I’m with Pho to be honest. The damage increase on Longbow is all well and good, but that has never been the primary thing holding a power build for the Ranger back.

The class is still grossly outmatched in group combat where you can’t exploit a terrain advantage (on a wall). Alot of the defensive options for the class don’t work well outside of dueling. The Longbow still requires you to invest almost all of your points to support it leaving nothing for your offhand.

We’ll likely see an influx of longbow Rangers for a week until people realize the class still doesn’t have the necessary tools to compete in a group oriented game and they’ll go back to doing what they did prior.

The real winner in this patch is the condi builds that use axe and the fact that signets no longer require 30pts in marks. The Longbow changes are welcome, but not enough to make power Rangers a thing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

People are overstating the buffs, yes.

Ranger needs a buff though. Anything. If it turns out to be broken, the QQ will get it dealt with.

I’d just like to see them played to greater effect at least for a little.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I think the changes are overstated. I think all that will truly change is that now sometimes people will be downed by a longbow ranger whereas before, they didn’t. I’m sure some players will really excel with them, just as some players excel with rangers now.

Overall I don’t think that they thrust rangers into the meta like they previously have with other classes in the past.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s good to know that they’re trying to do something with Ranger. Changes in preview are the good start.

That’s said, Ranger still suffers from stuff that could’ve been fixed in no time and barely any effort and yet, would be significant.

Examples?

Why does the Pet get swiftness from Hunter’s Shot (LB #3) when it’s purely defensive? I’d maybe understand if that swiftness was for player, but…

Why not just give HS something more interesting and working and move pet Swiftness to Point Blank Shot (#4) ? Swiftness there would actually make some sense, you knock the target back and you want your pet to get to the target faster.

Why Counterattack cannot just get Blind immunity ? Since it’s primarly used against stealthing thieves who just blind and make it useless ?

Changes to two tooltips, so much better gameplay ;/

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Lazze.9870

Ranger still has the worst party utility.

I’m assuming you’re doing pvp/wvw only.

PvE wise the ranger got some of the better party utilities in the game.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Profession Balance

Prysin.8542

Shhh the noobs are not supposed to know that. If they did, rangers would suddenly be welcome in pug parties without any “reservations”….

in Profession Balance

Atherakhia.4086

Shhh the noobs are not supposed to know that. If they did, rangers would suddenly be welcome in pug parties without any “reservations”….

But since it’s not true and after 2 years everyone knows better, we don’t have that problem.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Personally I think we need to wait until patch day. Things may seem good on paper (in this case REALLY good on paper) but we don’t know how well it will do in practice. We also don’t know all the class previews yet, so until we see all the previews, its only guessing really.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Profession Balance

Prysin.8542

But since it’s not true and after 2 years everyone knows better, we don’t have that problem.

Guess three times which group that comment put you in.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Well, Frostspirit atleast is fairly unreliable, since it still can die. Ofcourse, most bosses wont kill it but spirits are still not as durable as banners are. And don’t tell me the actives make up for that, they don’t. Atleast not in PvE.

in Profession Balance

Atherakhia.4086

Like I’ve said in the past… when Rangers go a third year without a single positive thread in the WvW or PvP forums, we’ll know who to blame.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

The reason that some people see Longbow as powerful is because longbow is countered very different from other professions.

On any other class, the answer to taking massive burst is run away from them vs. a ranger the answer to taking massive burst is to charge them.

Shhh! Current ignorance levels of tactics are working toward the ranger’s advantage.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

(edited by Expiatus.4210)

in Profession Balance

Prysin.8542

Like I’ve said in the past… when Rangers go a third year without a single positive thread in the WvW or PvP forums, we’ll know who to blame.

Positive thread – not needed.
QQ thread is what you want. Nobody makes “positive” threads. its QQ or nothing.

in Profession Balance

HHR LostProphet.4801

Positive thread – not needed.
QQ thread is what you want. Nobody makes “positive” threads. its QQ or nothing.

Honestly, I for myself, am on these forums to show of flaws, not to praise ANet for what they’ve done right.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I think that the upcoming patch might bring power spec Rangers up to par with condition tanks, but until pet issues are ironed out (stupid AI that dies way to easily, even if you micromanage pet swapping) Ranger will remain kind of kitten.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

People that get killed by LB rangers are bad.

I love killing people like you. I bet you play a warrior too.

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

in Profession Balance

Lazze.9870

Well, Frostspirit atleast is fairly unreliable, since it still can die. Ofcourse, most bosses wont kill it but spirits are still not as durable as banners are. And don’t tell me the actives make up for that, they don’t. Atleast not in PvE.

Comments like this make me wonder how people play their rangers.
In most dungeon encounters keeping the frost spirit up is just a matter of L2P. Not being as reliable as banners doesnt make it unreliable.

Speaking of actives, you shouldn’t activate it regardless. It just puts it on a longer cooldown, meaning that you can’t switch out the skill in order to kill it off and put it on a short 20sec cooldown for your next encounter. Activating it just makes it harder to keep it up 100 % of the time.

in Profession Balance

Atherakhia.4086

And how would you suggest using Frost Spirit in WvW?

in Profession Balance

Lazze.9870

You either didn’t get the “PvE wise” part, or you’re just clueless. Take your pick.

in Profession Balance

Lazze.9870

And how would you suggest using Frost Spirit in WvW?

I’m gonna make this very easy for you since you clearly didn’t read my original comment before taking a part in the discussion.

PvE wise
PvE wise
PvE wise
PvE wise

FS is close to useless in wvw.

in Profession Balance

HHR LostProphet.4801

Comments like this make me wonder how people play their rangers.
In most dungeon encounters keeping the frost spirit up is just a matter of L2P. Not being as reliable as banners doesnt make it unreliable.

Speaking of actives, you shouldn’t activate it regardless. It just puts it on a longer cooldown, meaning that you can’t switch out the skill in order to kill it off and put it on a short 20sec cooldown for your next encounter. Activating it just makes it harder to keep it up 100 % of the time.

Bosses who have targeting spells or AoEs kill the Frostspirit easily, like Subject Alpha or Leurent as tree.
Ofcourse you can make your Frostspirit survive most of the time but only if you take care of it, which means that you have to leave the combat to put the Frostspirit at a safe spot for example. Also, banners are way more flexible. They can be carried so the warrior don’t has to care at all where or when he casts the banner.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: iSpook.5612

iSpook.5612

and as I have said in another post…If you want your longbow to connect you need read the wind and now it will shoot slightly faster. However if you want the new and improved 10% you will lose read the wind, they are both yellow skills on the same trait line. So the longbow still cannot have the full set of ‘offensive’ traits…to me that’s the biggest dig on the rangers skills that are for range pruposes

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

You guys saying lb is not getting a damage increase do realize we will also be attacking 10% faster with it while traited with read the wind, right? You will be able to loose more arrows down range in less time than currently with auto attack at 0.675 sec down from 0.75 sec, rapid fire with 2.025 sec cast down from 2.25 sec (4.5 sec currently), hunter’s shot is instant, point blank will be 0.45 sec cast from the 0.5 now and barrage will be at 2.025 sec from 2.25 sec (2.75 sec currently). It may not be huge numbers but there is definitely a decrease in all cast times making it a much better weapon than it previously was. We won’t know how much of an impact this will really be in combat till after the patch. So people quite your kittening, long bow will be in an improved state and rangers wielding it will do more damage than rangers that had longbows pre patch.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Profession Balance

Criminal.5627

I really don’t get why people don’t take that and run with it to make it better from there?
Do all of you really want to stay so stagnent in builds that only one set of weapons is usable in ove? Do you all like fighting spirit rangers or playing them in PvP? If no, than stop complaining. We need to move in a direction that can be at least built up from. Trying new things is one way to do that. I hope LB ranger takes off just so it will get better balance in the future for those that like the archetype. Lol if you want proof that this works look at how many weapons are viable on warriors now compared to at launch when every warrior used greatsword at high end content.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: iSpook.5612

iSpook.5612

so many haters…rangers don’t want to be op, we are trying to get fixed!

1 traits and pets have always been against the ranger. So many times a ranger has to sacrifice many traits because all of the useful ones are jammed together. I have never had to change so many different builds just to be usefull in a group. As other proffessions its much easier to make builds that all serve the same purpose. IE that just made rangers two new skills that might be useful but they are both yellow skills in the same line so you will never even be able to use them both…and that fixes rangers? no

2 Weapons have been broken

3 pets do not function like they should,,,so much so rangers have even been asking to remove them from the game. that is sad

rangers just want a fix, all you people dumping on rangers might want to think about it before the ‘balance’ patch hits your character and you get nothing you wanted either!

(edited by iSpook.5612)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

,,so much so rangers have even been asking to remove them from the game. that is sad
!

never seen this anywhere on the fourms and im sure many rangers dont want that only a small % that are kitten at the class or just angry.

other cases , rangers are still no where near op, and of concern to those worried about rapid fire, im sure anet will test it more with other skills in combinations.

they won’t let a 1sec 10x shoots be possible , with qz – read the wind attack speed ect.

that much spike in such a short time every 8-12secs , really wouldn’t be FAIR to other players , not the classes but other players due to reaciton speed (casuals) 1sec 70% hp insta gib(full zerkers) , combed with a immobilise spider ya, but at range you can see this attack preping or getting ready gving you ample time to dodge anyway.

to all the people non-ranger worrying , you’ll have to wait till it drops.
melee combat is much more clear cut and straight to the point with one goal in mind staying close to the target.

balancing ranged is much more complex since range itself can be a great advantage , Especialy with the cripple/immobilise+chill.

with this i can say i doubt it’ll be a 1sec near insta gib, but it’ll short enough to render the reaction time of the player its targeting,to thier limits to have a very short window to dodge, use skills to evade.

just like how you would avoid a hundred blades and only able to avoid 2/3 of the hits, if your not focused dodge late and only if you concerntrait hard with a keen eyes its possible to avoid nearly all the hits.

i think in my opion a 3 and 1/2 second channel would be perfect .
1.75 with qz and 1.45secs with qz and read the wind.

and with the rapid fire shooting so fast it looks like the ranger is having a fit with its animation (unless they Refine those it’ll look quite silly)

in Profession Balance

Prysin.8542

You do realize the 1 sec RF burst can only be used once every 16 seconds at best, that is if we take gm trait in bm line offering 3sec quickness on swap. If not speccing into bm its 1sec burst every 48 seconds. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

You do realize the 1 sec RF burst can only be used once every 16 seconds at best, that is if we take gm trait in bm line offering 3sec quickness on swap. If not speccing into bm its 1sec burst every 48 seconds. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

I’d also like to reiterate that the rapid fire burst buff is also a double-edged sword. Sure, we’ll be getting quicker burst meaning better DPS, but that also means other professions have a better opportunity to avoid all our burst in a single dodge, or reflect it all back at us more easily. This is an example of truly “balancing” a skill; giving the Ranger a better attacking force while giving their opponents a better chance of countering that force.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Basically Rangers will be pretty lethal as a kind of off point roamed against Guardians and maybe elements lists.

They will still be toast/garbage against thieves and mesmers and necromancers and engineers.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Basically Rangers will be pretty lethal as a kind of off point roamed against Guardians and maybe elements lists.

They will still be toast/garbage against thieves and mesmers and necromancers and engineers.

No, just… no.

• Rangers are already a good matchup against necromancers because of better range and mobility (nobody is a great necro matchup because the condi king is OP as kitten, but who would you say is in a significantly better position?).
  • Rangers are an even stronger matchup against engineers because so many of them are relying on bomb kit which isn’t viable when fighting someone that kites you back.
  • New 6 second reveal against thieves and mesmers + pets homing in on the real mesmer. You better kill the ranger in the first burst / backstab, because you can count on ~10 seconds of not being able to stealth afterwards.
SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Profession Balance

Atherakhia.4086

No, just… no.

• Rangers are already a good matchup against necromancers because of better range and mobility (nobody is a great necro matchup because the condi king is OP as kitten, but who would you say is in a significantly better position?).
  • Rangers are an even stronger matchup against engineers because so many of them are relying on bomb kit which isn’t viable when fighting someone that kites you back.
  • New 6 second reveal against thieves and mesmers + pets homing in on the real mesmer. You better kill the ranger in the first burst / backstab, because you can count on ~10 seconds of not being able to stealth afterwards.

Few Rangers run Sic Em now, fewer still will run it next patch now that SoS will be available. I also don’t see RF doing the same damage in 2 fewer seconds is going to dramatically shift the way things run now. Especially in PvP.

I’m still betting on the changes having a greater impact on condi/celestial Rangers than power based ones.

in Profession Balance

Raven.9603

there is also huge burst potential from other signets. there are tons of videos of people using a “for the lolz” signet of the beastmaster builds, popping signets and nearly one shotting people with either maul or LB auto attack.

People will be able to do that without traiting for it now. Granted, we’re still in the post-ferocity world, but SotH is going to pop some pretty huge mauls. QZ + SotW is going to be some huge burst on any weapon set. Pretty much every power ranger with a signet is going to be capable of eviscerate level pain.

Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Everyone knows what rangers number 1 problem is: Pets
Nothing has been done about this glaring issue.

Yea they just turned LB into a machine gun… cool… as if that solved anything lol.. congratz, now all we will see is a 5 man group of roaming LB rangers pew pewing… great diversity…still no good support options in WvW/sPvP

Don’t care that much about PvE.. any class can perform fine in PvE..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I have no doubt in my mind that rangers will face an obvious DPS boost, and that RF, if it hits, will be absolutely insane.

That said, I’m withholding judgments regarding increased ranger viability for the most part until the patch lands and things sift out. I am inclined to believe that the ranger will not face heavily-increased viability in any format, though. While the changes are pretty big, the truth of the matter is that nothing was done to address the core class problems which make them less-desirable. Adjusting their burst doesn’t really change anything anywhere, though. It just makes them hit stragglers a little harder per unit of time. The longbow ranger still does not bring any form of party/group utility to a fight, still packs sub-par DPS, lacks survivability and has unreliable escape mechanisms. Not to mention it’s still hard-countered heavily by reflect – thus making it very undesirable in GvG, possibly even more so with increased damage – since it could now be very easily killing your own allies.

Now, if some of those problems were looked at and addressed, I could definitely see the meta changing to include them. The problem is that they weren’t, and just giving the class more ranged damage potential likely will not be enough to warrant substantial demand or even their use.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Axe and greatsword also got buffed. Not that anybody cares. They should have made the buffs apply to group, such as the traited oncrit fury on great sword and the new might on axe. Group friendly stuff is what rangers need.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Profession Balance

Raven.9603

That said, I’m withholding judgments regarding increased ranger viability for the most part until the patch lands and things sift out….

Now, if some of those problems were looked at and addressed, I could definitely see the meta changing to include them. The problem is that they weren’t, and just giving the class more ranged damage potential likely will not be enough to warrant substantial demand or even their use.

they are already being used in GvG and ZvZ for piercing arrow assisting each other on enemy commanders.

in Profession Balance

Raven.9603

Axe and greatsword also got buffed. Not that anybody cares. They should have made the buffs apply to group, such as the traited oncrit fury on great sword and the new might on axe. Group friendly stuff is what rangers need.

They could do that much easier by making spirits into aura’s.

in Profession Balance

Atherakhia.4086

They could do that much easier by making spirits into aura’s.

that was suggested in the CDI so maybe one day it will come to be. We still need the generic pet improved overall too as there is simply too much of our class tied up into something that simply doesn’t work in group combat.

in Profession Balance

Zenos Osgorma.2936

i know Qz is once every 45secs , but your not thinking about the casual players or the 40+ year old that play this game too, i know a few in our guild and im dam sure they can’t react in 1sec.
normaly a human click speed reactions (if they are mouse users is a little more than 1secs 1.5 or maybe 2 if they take a little longer) the idea of it being once every 48secs don’t even matter , thats why i didn#t even mention the cooldown Because it is once every 48secs..so 1.45 with a qz and Read the wind would be perfect for both types of players, stop getting ya nipples in a twist over 0.45 secs.

in Profession Balance

Criminal.5627

i know Qz is once every 45secs , but your not thinking about the casual players or the 40+ year old that play this game too, i know a few in our guild and im dam sure they can’t react in 1sec.
normaly a human click speed reactions (if they are mouse users is a little more than 1secs 1.5 or maybe 2 if they take a little longer) the idea of it being once every 48secs don’t even matter , thats why i didn#t even mention the cooldown Because it is once every 48secs..so 1.45 with a qz and Read the wind would be perfect for both types of players, stop getting ya nipples in a twist over 0.45 secs.

if the rapid fire update will give them trouble what do they do now against Mesmer bazerkers, warrior burst skills, thiefs in general, engineer utility at point blank, necromancer lich and deathshroud….etc, I can go on and on, the point is many of these things are capable of dealing large amounts of damage very quickly and they are already in the game, some are much quicker than others (warrior burst and thief) but rapid fire will be more inline of other similar physical damaging abilities on other professions. also Mesmer zerker phantasm hits you faster than one sec as well I forgot that one. if rapid fire really will be such an issue these other skills with similar potential that rapid fire is being brought up to should be nocked back in cast time as well. Rangers are being worked on to be brought up to being on par with other classes don’t forget that. they are currently the laughing stock of the game in every game mode, which is why some pvp teams will kick people for dying to a ranger!

in Profession Balance

Zenos Osgorma.2936

if the rapid fire update will give them trouble what do they do now against Mesmer bazerkers, warrior burst skills, thiefs in general, engineer utility at point blank, necromancer lich and deathshroud….etc, I can go on and on, the point is many of these things are capable of dealing large amounts of damage very quickly and they are already in the game, some are much quicker than others (warrior burst and thief) but rapid fire will be more inline of other similar physical damaging abilities on other professions. also Mesmer zerker phantasm hits you faster than one sec as well I forgot that one. if rapid fire really will be such an issue these other skills with similar potential that rapid fire is being brought up to should be nocked back in cast time as well. Rangers are being worked on to be brought up to being on par with other classes don’t forget that. they are currently the laughing stock of the game in every game mode, which is why some pvp teams will kick people for dying to a ranger!

those skills Cast or cast instantly faster> not hit faster nor is a channel , phantasums have to run/walk to the target and that along gives time to evade/use a dodge, that gives you atleast 1-2secs.
warroir skills are close range melee on a few have obvious animations and winde ups, hammer leap , that also gives you a split second , 1 at most if within 0-100yards any more than that its easy to dodge at 100+ some of the warroirs skills have some easy to spot animations.

i realy don’t know why you all getting upset over 0.45 of a sec , its realy minor and since the rapid fire is consistant for that 2.5 sec channel even faster , it can also negate Agis and carry on hitting!
so No one should be compairing different activation of skills , that use different methods .

Ether way all these methods give the target atleast 1-2secs to do there action or to act to avoid the damage. that extra 0.45sec when you have both qz and read the wind might seem pointless but at the same time rapid fire Blows through Protection and rips Agis (first shot ignored) then still damages.

every other class skill that is a one hit one use attack is 100% blocked.

0.45sec extra on a channel of this type is nothing..but a consideration to New player or those of slower reactions.

keep the focus on the updates not qq about pvp keep it on topic.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Profession Balance

Prysin.8542

If a team kick a member for dying to any class, they are s bunch of overconfident scrubs in the first place

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

This thread, wow.

It’s time for people to stop speculating what will be dominant on a playing field that only recently reached 50% preview-able visibility.

To anyone that thinks that the LB before the patch currently is a strong, dangerous option, please, please, please let me know what’s in your pipe and where you got it. Seriously, there is a reason that it has never had a “meta build.”

Also, ANet is buffing the weapon the right way by increasing the ability to counterplay against it alongside its buffs.

Seriously, the only way to die to a longbow is to sit at 1000+ range and try to outrange it while wasting dodges on non-vital skills.

Tips on playing against a LB Ranger:
1) Get into 500 or less range to fight.
2) Dodge Knockback Shot.
3) (post upcoming patch) For Rapid Fire, quickly chain a side step into a dodge. You’ll avoid most of the damage of the skill, and if you do it at the right angle, as with all other channeled projectile skills, if the player doesn’t rotate their camera correctly with you, you will cancel their casting altogether.

At this range, good players will generally swap to the commonly paired Greatsword (or die wielding their Longbow because they aren’t aware the game was designed around weaponswapping. Or swap to Shortbow and die while they have a wet dream later that night about being Legolas. Or swap to Sword/Dagger, evade a few things, and then try to get back out to range and make you repeat the prior process). For this:
1) Dodge the animation where the go to smack you in the face with the hilt of the greatsword.
2) Dodge the humungous, obvious Bear Swiping animation.
3) Don’t get caught in melee range for the Counterattack skill when they start blocking.

For anybody still having trouble, it helps to learn that this game in fact has a dodge mechanic, and you should be able to bind it to a hotkey or mouse key or something to use in combat so you never have a problem with the Ranger LB players ever again (not saying that people can’t get outplayed by that player, but don’t fault ANet for that).

That or we’re back to the “pipe” argument. Or, and I sincerely apologize, because I have not been very thoughtful in this elaborate post of the people who may in fact be physically or mentally handicapped. To those people, I offer my sympathy towards your status, and while I cannot help you with any of the gameplay complications you experience, I can offer you a word of advice; wrap your head around the idea that LB rangers aren’t OP, and you’re already a higher skill tier than the lowest that exists in the community.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

(edited by jcbroe.4329)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Longbow is just super bad at the moment. Both in PvP and WvW. There are some instances in PvE where it is useful though.