[Engineer] Trait Clean up.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

As it says on the tin. Engineers are in need of major trait clean up. Examples include needing more than 1 option for Gadget traits, Turret traits needing to be brought together and/ or stream lined, and being able to rely on other trait lines for condition cleanse other than being forced to go alchemy for it.

Put forward your own opinion, examples and ideas. Discuss.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stillshade.7634

Stillshade.7634

I’m not sure why but when I first read the title the first thing I thought of was condition cleanse…

Maguuma Engi Evvenna
Things that go BOOM

in Profession Balance

Singer.8740

its definetely one of the most apparent issue’s

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mas.7401

mas.7401

I’ve always thought that a trait that transferred/cleaned/converted a condition on using a gadget or toolbelt skill of a gadget would make them worth using over a kit.

in Profession Balance

Singer.8740

I’ve always thought that a trait that transferred/cleaned/converted a condition on using a gadget or toolbelt skill of a gadget would make them worth using over a kit.

This.

I read in another post that a dev was asking if more gadget traits would be a good idea. I think this falls into that category.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Imho, kits traits should be trimmed down. We’ve got far too many traits for a single category – more than ten of them, with the exact number depending on how you count traits that also affect other weapons/skills.
Whereas turrets and elixirs got 5 traits each, and 2 for gadgets (one of which only affects mines in this regard).
Having some kits like the grenade one that are outright useless when untraited doesn’t help either. Especially when we find ourselves with grandmaster traits affecting single utilities – something unique to the engineer, and rare even if we talked about weapon (as there is only another grandmaster trait affecting a single weapon, in the necromancer class). This means we must make heavy investments for every single kit, and that’s despite being already paying a dps cost on our main weapon, a lack of second weapon slot and the cost of slot itself (albeit, we pay the first two either way, just because we can use kits, even when we don’t actually use them).

Thus, some of the effects of the kits traits should be transferred back to the kits themselves, making them less reliant on traits. In doing so, some space would be freed in order to put gadgets traits and maybe some other trait for the toolbelt too, that despite being the main class mechanic, has got only 2 minor (adept and master) traits and an major adept one, and all on the same trait tree.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

To be fair, pretty much every class needs this. Though granted, some more than others.

I command you to be AWESOME.