Feedback regarding Conditions

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

In PvE reaching 25 stacks could force the mob to spend 1 second performing a self-cleanse as its next action (with an 8 second internal cooldown), making high volumes of condition act as soft CC.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Auza.4253

Auza.4253

“Unlike critical damage, in which all you need to do is close your eyes and swing your weapon away, condition damage requires more dedication in combat. "

Comments like this make me want to avoid this debate all together as I find condition damage so cut and dry as a ‘not good gameplay’ situation.

Condition damage and pet damage are both zero skill cap. You set it and forget it, generally hit tab from ranged to apply skill or direct pets, and you can spend the rest of your uptime running/dodging/kiting/doing whatever. The game’s gear is also weighted heavily toward condition damage builds, because to do the most damage you can with conditions you only need condition damage. EDIT: I do not consider increasing the length as doing more damage. With direct damage you need power and precision, which takes away from potentially using points for toughness or vitality, a problem condition builds do not have.

“all you need to do is close your eyes and swing your weapon away”

Does this person even play Guild Wars 2? I’m flabbergasted at comments like this and really the comment should, if anything, read ‘all you need to do is close your eyes, hit tab, and roll your face across the keyboard to apply ranged conditions.’

I would also like to add that everyone who says “There are ways to cure conditions” needs to think that through for another two seconds and admit that those abilities are generally on 45-60 second cooldowns, whereas all condition applying abilities are on an average 12 second cooldown. Now add to that two enemies hitting you with conditions and you are cannot ever keep enough of the poison, bleed, burning, confusion, or torment off your character.

Damage over time is simply not an interesting or rewarding game mechanic when it comes to skillful play. It hasn’t been, isn’t now, nor ever will be. It belongs, if anywhere, in PvE to allow kiting of mobs for small groups or solo players to kill elites, etc. I do exactly this on my Thief using shortbow bleeds. I do not find it interesting in PvE either, but it seems to be popular as game designers keep implementing it.

Please rebalance damage over time in PvP.

(edited by Auza.4253)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

any class with 0 condition damage:
Bleed = 43
burn = 328
confusion = 65
poison = 80

any class with 2000 condition damage
bleed = 143
burn = 828
confusion = 210
poison = 280

Now lets take hammer skills from a warrior.
only hammer no rune/armor/ammulets spvp stats
aa = 333/333/444
H2 = 518
H3 = 259
H4 = 370
H5 = 554
F1 = 370

now lets add full ascended gear
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vIAQFACGQQP0wqYLOKAQlQpwOqDA-zUBBofApmFRjtMqIasKbYqXER1kCgJlRA-w
3595 attack

aa = 927/927/1,235
H2 = 1,441
H3 = 720
H4 = 1,030
H5 = 1,543
F1 = 1,030

Wow looks like power scales way better than conditions.
oh and that passive 407 regen every second is just great

3595 attack

And there goes any credibility you had…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

If people spent any where as much energy learning to deal with conditions as they did crying on the forums about them they’d be far better players.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

If people spent any where as much energy learning to deal with conditions as they did crying on the forums about them they’d be far better players.

I think one simple issue is that people try to deal with the conditions themselves. Instead of the attacks.

It really doesn’t matter whether an attack would cause 3000 damage or 500 and 2500 over 5 seconds.

Ofc, conditions actually do more damage (though Power-attacks scale better, since they got more stats), but that is again counteracted by the fact that you can actually use the time the condition is ticking. Cleansing, your skills recycle, your heal recycles, etc.

DD vs DoT is no “magical” type of imbalance. There’s a very simple way these work, and it’s very easy to balance. But there’s a huge psychological issue which is evident in any game employing DoTs as a primary damage source: People don’t notice DoTs to the same degree, until they’re dead.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Overkillengine.6084

(WvW and sometimes spvp centric blurb)

Yeah; I think the amount of +toughness gear out there lends itself to the “let attacks hit me and then whine when the condi damage kills me” mindset.

People get used to stacking so much combined armor instead of vitality so that they can afford to tank hits from power builds but forget that condition damage is going to ignore all that armor and it is going to ramp up quickly if they neglect to do anything about it.

Which is kind of the point of condition damage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

People who crunch numbers on conditions are absolutely missing the point. Crunching numbers is for PvE and there’s no debate there about how poor conditions are.

In PvP however, ease of application, availability of counters, telegraphs, being able to kite while still dealing damage, the fact that conditions help cover each other etc. are all far more problematic than the numbers themselves.

It’s not about how much DPS you deal with conditions, it’s how easy it is to do with with little/no trade-offs that’s the problem.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

(WvW and sometimes spvp centric blurb)

Yeah; I think the amount of +toughness gear out there lends itself to the “let attacks hit me and then whine when the condi damage kills me” mindset.

People get used to stacking so much combined armor instead of vitality so that they can afford to tank hits from power builds but forget that condition damage is going to ignore all that armor and it is going to ramp up quickly if they neglect to do anything about it.

Which is kind of the point of condition damage.

This a major mentality issue that needs to be solved . People take too much toughness and place themselves in a disadvanatge against condition users since they fight with less stats (not completely since their is physical damage but that’s it).

I don’t get the animosity against vitality. Yes your heals will not get better but you are better protected against conditions. Another advantage of vitality is that it makes your effictive hit points without healing (HP*Armor) higher (the only exception is necromancer but the moment he invest 2 points in toughness vitality becomes the better option (this only counts for non-ascended armor there is vitality superior)).

EverythingOP

(edited by Tim.6450)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

In PvP however, ease of application, availability of counters, telegraphs, being able to kite while still dealing damage, the fact that conditions help cover each other etc. are all far more problematic than the numbers themselves.

It’s not about how much DPS you deal with conditions, it’s how easy it is to do with with little/no trade-offs that’s the problem.

Actually, it is about how people have no clue what what ease of application is. Every time a DD attack hits you it applies its damage, and does so instantly. So in what mythical world is it easier to land condition attacks all of the sudden???

Warrior hammer offers 6 skills. But your claiming “fierce blow” and “hammer shock” or both easier to apply the damage with because one has weakness and the other has cripple on it??? Thus they are fundamentally different because you make this mind baffling claim that a skill with conditions on it is unreasonable easier to connect with.

You really need to break this down and explain how skills with conditions hit a target easier then skills without. The science behind your assessment must be fascinating.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

This condi burst is so op. Enemy landed 8 skills combo and i forgot use dodge, stun breaker and condi removal.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Profession Balance

Junkpile.7439

@OP:

You need to specify the game mode….

In PvE: Conditions need to be buffed
In PvP: Conditions need to be nerfed
In WvW: Conditions need to be nerfed

No idea where you got idea that conditions need nerf in www. Conditions need boost in www. Kind of stupid start to nerf something because some players wanna use cheesy specs and play game mode wrong way. If you wanna run alone and do you wannabe fighting buy rabid/dire gear.

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Condition damage and pet damage are both zero skill cap. You set it and forget it, generally hit tab from ranged to apply skill or direct pets, and you can spend the rest of your uptime running/dodging/kiting/doing whatever.

Please oh wise sage, explain to us how and why a skill happens to be easier to land simply because it applies a condition??? If I swing a hammer and one skill applies 500 direct damage instantly and the next skill on the hammer is on the same cool down and applies 4 bleeds at 125 a tick per second. Taking a total of 4 second to apply the same damage, on equally dodgable attacks, in what warped world do you live in, that the second skill offer you the ability to do all of those fine things you listed. if 500 direct damage will not kill a target instantly, what makes you think a skill doing the exact same damage for 4s will? Apparently you think it magically kills them giving you time to do all of the other stuff you mentioned.

“all you need to do is close your eyes and swing your weapon away”

Does this person even play Guild Wars 2? I’m flabbergasted at comments like this and really the comment should, if anything, read ‘all you need to do is close your eyes, hit tab, and roll your face across the keyboard to apply ranged conditions.’

Really? Isn’t this essentially exactly what you are suggesting about condition damage? Who ever said this is making a bit more sense then what you said if you ask me.

I would also like to add that everyone who says “There are ways to cure conditions” needs to think that through for another two seconds and admit that those abilities are generally on 45-60 second cooldowns, whereas all condition applying abilities are on an average 12 second cooldown. Now add to that two enemies hitting you with conditions and you are cannot ever keep enough of the poison, bleed, burning, confusion, or torment off your character.

Well first off, almost every profession has a trait or passive skill that removes or converts a condition every 10s. So your 60s theory is a little off. Secondly, perhaps you should think yourself. I am certain you do not even know how much condition damage a given profession can do compared to its DD out put. So why is it okay to be able to spam the direct damage attacks that do their damage instantly, but you think players need to be able to negate condition damage all the time, when it is the same damage out put per skill, only requiring more time for the damage to apply from said single skill.

Damage over time is simply not an interesting or rewarding game mechanic when it comes to skillful play. It hasn’t been, isn’t now, nor ever will be. It belongs, if anywhere, in PvE to allow kiting of mobs for small groups or solo players to kill elites, etc. I do exactly this on my Thief using shortbow bleeds. I do not find it interesting in PvE either, but it seems to be popular as game designers keep implementing it.

Certainly. As you are such an influential person in the world, I am sure it is quot reasonable to assume an entire 1/2 of the games damage mechanic will be removed in the next update at your mere whim. I bet that is exactly what Arena net is thinking right now. That this is such a complicated mechanic that its mathematics and function are too complicated for Auza, there for we better rebuild the entire game around his opinion based on a troubled understanding, before we anger the gods.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Overkillengine.6084

This condi burst is so op. Enemy landed 8 skills combo and i forgot use dodge, stun breaker and condi removal.

OP HAX!!!11!!!!!!!111!!!

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

The idea of “burning” a stack of conditions is an interesting one. Say you stack Bleeding to 25, they instantly disappear and deal X% of total HP in instant damage, not mitigated in any way, shape or form.

You hit 1 minute of Poison, it instantly disappears, disabling healing skills for X seconds, entirely.

But then, unnecessary complexity. The game is complex enough as it is, judging by how many players have issues with it (same happened in WoW, us being here on the forums already puts us into the top 5% or so).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Overkillengine.6084

In PvP however, ease of application, availability of counters, telegraphs, being able to kite while still dealing damage, the fact that conditions help cover each other etc. are all far more problem

So basically, we’re lacking a conditions-toughness?
As long as the stat would be exclusive, that could work out. Could replace vitality’s +HP function with this, as +HP is rarely useful and just makes balancing PvE a pain.

….sneaky. That’s technically a nerf since +HP works globally against all damage types.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

I don’t get the animosity against vitality. Yes your heals will not get better but you are better protected against conditions. Another advantage of vitality is that it makes your effictive hit points without healing (HP*Armor) higher (the only exception is necromancer but the moment he invest 2 points in toughness vitality becomes the better option (this only counts for non-ascended armor there is vitality superior)).

Not only that, if your Vitality were high enough it wouldn’t matter whether you could heal against the conditions or not. The condition-user would not be able to kill you in the time it took for you to kill them, any more.

This is what we’re doing with Toughness, btw. And while Vitality still makes you take the damage, as conditions have a pre-defined damage speed Vitality might as well be called “Anti-Condition Toughness”, at least for single fights. In AE it actually becomes slightly better because it gives you an assurance that you’ll live a certain amount of time to give you time to react to incoming AEs.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

“Unlike critical damage, in which all you need to do is close your eyes and swing your weapon away, condition damage requires more dedication in combat. "

Comments like this make me want to avoid this debate all together as I find condition damage so cut and dry as a ‘not good gameplay’ situation.

Condition damage and pet damage are both zero skill cap. You set it and forget it,

I stopped reading at this point. If you read the initial comment and came back with that, then you’re basically the Direct Damage counterpart of that person’s Condition Damage mentality. It is neither fun nor interesting having a discussion with someone who is blindly biased in either direction.

Here’s a hint though: you can dodge condition application, too.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

People who crunch numbers on conditions are absolutely missing the point. Crunching numbers is for PvE and there’s no debate there about how poor conditions are.

The numbers are for facts to support the argument. If we don’t use numbers then everyone is talking about how they “feel”. We all know everyone’s feeling is different at least numbers guide the conversation a little bit and keep down big walls of text on scenarios that someone had the other day.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Condition Damage don’t do more damage than Direct Damage.
A DD build can do 50-100% more damage than a CD build (depends on class, etc)
But if you compare 2 enemy fighting. A pure DD and a pure CD.
DD has a very high damage, but low health, low toughness, no healing ability, low ability to remove conditions.
CD has high healt or toghness, can obtain different kind of CC and defensive skills whitout damage it’s build and can deal a good damage over time.

If DD deal 1.5-2k x attack every 0.50-1 sec, you can deal in 2 sec 4-6k of damage. But your healt is low, you have not healing ability and your defensive ability is like no existing. Ad you Must stay in a Melee Range. But the enemy has high toughness, or high vitality. Against an enemy whit 25k hp, you need 10-12 sec to kill he, if he don’t run away or use dodge, block, blind, protection, hide, etc.

A CD cass need 3 sec to maximize it’s condition damage, but then if the enemy don’t remove every time all it’s conditions, you can deal 2-2.5k damage x sec. (CD + basic DD damage)
A DD class can obtain 12-20k hp. You need 3 sec to build up your condition damage (and in that 3 sec you deal Condition and Direct Damage) and betwen 6-10 sec to kill your enemy whit 2k damage x sec. If the enemy has 17k hp, you need 10-12 sec to kill your enemy. If he don’t clean all your conditions (and a pure DD can’t clean more than 3 conditions every 1x sec), when you build up your stack of CD you can run, dodge, use all your defensive skills and attack by range to apply new stacks of conditions because all CD weapons gran 900+ of range to attack the enemy by a safe distance.

That all make a CD better than a DD.

(P.s. sorry for my bad english)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Condition Damage don’t do more damage than Direct Damage.
A DD build can do 50-100% more damage than a CD build (depends on class, etc)
But if you compare 2 enemy fighting. A pure DD and a pure CD.
DD has a very high damage, but low health, low toughness, no healing ability, low ability to remove conditions.
CD has high healt or toghness, can obtain different kind of CC and defensive skills whitout damage it’s build and can deal a good damage over time.

In what world did my DD warrior build lose its defensive abilities, its healing abilities, and its abilities to lower condi duration and cleanse the heals?

In what world did my mesmer also lose its defensive abilities towards condition damage?

This started out as hyperbole when in fact a zerker theif, hambow warrior, or any type of mesmer does very well when dealing with any other class 1 v 1 or 2 v 1 if you play against people that absolutely suck.

If DD deal 1.5-2k x attack every 0.50-1 sec, you can deal in 2 sec 4-6k of damage. But your healt is low, you have not healing ability and your defensive ability is like no existing. Ad you Must stay in a Melee Range.

since when?
And since when has it been hard for any class to stick in melee range?

Havent had a problem with it on my theif, or war, or mes.

Or even my power necro

A DD class can obtain 12-20k hp. You need 3 sec to build up your condition damage (and in that 3 sec you deal Condition and Direct Damage) and betwen 6-10 sec to kill your enemy whit 2k damage x sec. If the enemy has 17k hp, you need 10-12 sec to kill your enemy. If he don’t clean all your conditions (and a pure DD can’t clean more than 3 conditions every 1x sec), when you build up your stack of CD you can run, dodge, use all your defensive skills and attack by range to apply new stacks of conditions because all CD weapons gran 900+ of range to attack the enemy by a safe distance.

That all make a CD better than a DD.

(P.s. sorry for my bad english)

Since when can I not clear conditions?
a thief healing and sitting in stealth will remove 3 + 1 per second while not getting new one’s because of stealth.

Unless your opponent is very good a mesmer is going to get hit by conditions very little, simply because of stealth and clones and the 2 ( 4 ways if traited) sure fire ways to remove around 5 conditions and then go back to avoiding them.

A warrior has many condi removal tools and can stay pretty much immune to them for ungodly amount’s of time.

A necromancer can eat or return them to the source.

What DD build doesn’t take condi removal?
In this day of pvp what SMART player doesn’t take condi removal?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

any class with 0 condition damage:
Bleed = 43
burn = 328
confusion = 65
poison = 80

any class with 2000 condition damage
bleed = 143
burn = 828
confusion = 210
poison = 280

Now lets take hammer skills from a warrior.
only hammer no rune/armor/ammulets spvp stats
aa = 333/333/444
H2 = 518
H3 = 259
H4 = 370
H5 = 554
F1 = 370

now lets add full ascended gear
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vIAQFACGQQP0wqYLOKAQlQpwOqDA-zUBBofApmFRjtMqIasKbYqXER1kCgJlRA-w
3595 attack

aa = 927/927/1,235
H2 = 1,441
H3 = 720
H4 = 1,030
H5 = 1,543
F1 = 1,030

Wow looks like power scales way better than conditions.
oh and that passive 407 regen every second is just great

3595 attack

how so?

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I think we shouldn’t be comparing the Damage between Power and Condi because the result is obvious. What should be discussed here is how easy it is to play Condi builds compared to Power builds. What should be compared is the risk/reward between the two builds.

Of course, I think we should be in a mutual agreement that HamBow shouldn’t be put into discussion because it is a fact that it is a broken build.

in Profession Balance

Brando.1374

I think we shouldn’t be comparing the Damage between Power and Condi because the result is obvious. What should be discussed here is how easy it is to play Condi builds compared to Power builds. What should be compared is the risk/reward between the two builds.

Of course, I think we should be in a mutual agreement that HamBow shouldn’t be put into discussion because it is a fact that it is a broken build.

wvw = PU mesmer/ d/p thief / any warr build that can run away
those are just some power builds which are easy to play.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Why do these threads keep popping up? Conditions kill enemies slower than direct damage from zerkers. So yes that condition build need to play more defensively. My power necro has plenty of condition cleanses and hits for about 3k per hit on an auto attack. Now if I could do all of that AND have awesome defense, I’d be op as hell. Stop making these stupid threads, we have shot down numerous ones already, and l2p.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I am going to quote you on this matter from another thread of this identical content.

Because I’m not the one denying an imbalance exists unless people start posting specific and detailed builds! GG read more as threads were merged. Obviously the context is disjointed now.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Condition damage and pet damage are both zero skill cap. You set it and forget it,

I stopped reading at this point. If you read the initial comment and came back with that, then you’re basically the Direct Damage counterpart of that person’s Condition Damage mentality. It is neither fun nor interesting having a discussion with someone who is blindly biased in either direction.

Here’s a hint though: you can dodge condition application, too.

here is a question. how many autoattacks you can dodge?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

yes auto on scepter is maybe less effective without dhuumfire but still hits like a truck over the time with condidmg and application of bleed. or u wanna tell me we should dodge grasping dead cause the 2 bleeds or feast of corrumption on a condimancer?

i also throw incendinary powder into the mix

i hope u realize unless some good skills there isnt much to dodge on condi-builds. but all the spammy thinks apply condis that kill u rapidly.

(edited by Moderator)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wreakin.6854

Wreakin.6854

+40%, -40% Condition duration food is just ridiculous.

In the new patch Lyssa Runes will only give +5% CD
Highest in traits only nets +30% CD
Full set of Melandru runes only give you -25% CD

I’m sure I’ve missed a whole lot more, but you get the point.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Why do these threads keep popping up?

Evidently, a group of players are not as happy as can be with the present state of the game. Also, many are anticipating what the soon to come changes will bring to the game. There’s also a group that would like a more direct and stream lined form of combat. While others want a very complex and frenetic form of combat. In the end, most everyone is just trying to protect and augment their special way of playing.

Many could also be on a preemptive basis. Making sure the Dev’s know some players would not welcome new conditions or a condition meta, in general.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in Profession Balance

Junkpile.7439

You don’t even need these foods in www. Conditions doesn’t tic more than couple sec anyways.

in Profession Balance

Brando.1374

well adding 1-3s on a condition is soo overpowered.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Laylie.5703

Laylie.5703

You don’t even need these foods in www. Conditions doesn’t tic more than couple sec anyways.

WUT

|Biggus|QT|Jade Quarry|

in Profession Balance

Tim.6450

yes auto on scepter is maybe less effective without dhuumfire but still hits like a truck over the time with condidmg and application of bleed. or u wanna tell me we should dodge grasping dead cause the 2 bleeds or feast of corrumption on a condimancer?

You can dodge grasping dead, signet of spite, enfeebling blood, weakening shroud, … .

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

I have been reading a lot about how to defend against all of the condition builds I have been running into lately. My personal solution to this has just been running an Ele with Diamond Skin combined with Celestial Armor and Cavalier Trinkets. This allows me to defend against the initial burst of condition builds if not totally negate their damage if they are running Dire gear since they have no power.

However, for other professions people have been talking about the lack of condition cleanses to account for the non-stop application of conditions.

So I had a thought, why not separate damaging conditions from soft crowd control conditions. This would allow for those condition cleansing utility skills to clear damaging conditions by priority. This would allow you to use your condition cleanse to clear that burning, poison and bleeding before clearing the immoblize, cripple or freezing.

Just a suggestion I thought I would throw out there to be talked about. Maybe it would a terrible idea in the end or maybe it could be really useful.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I think they should either nerf or take out condition damage completely until they take care of skill lag.

Try cleansing a hoard of conditions on you when none of your skills work.. that’s far worse than any zerk build out there, lol.

in Profession Balance

Tim.6450

Priority with condition is hard to do since 1 bleed for 10 seconds is not as scary as 15 seconds immobilize but 25 bleeds of 10 seconds is scarier then 15 seconds of immobilize.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yes, I stated this is a thread a few weeks back and it’s insane how powerful these foods are compared to all else.

They break any established rules regarding item budgets. The best example is that it adds more condition duration than an entire trait-line. I mean wtf? Where is my 400 Toughness food?

The kicker is that it even ruins any of the “normal” level 80 foods, most of which only add 15% duration to one particular condition. I mean how does that make sense to have level 80 food that adds 15% Burn duration or 15% Poison duration when you can have it all in one and much more powerful too.

What actually makes it so OP however is how it affects all the CC conditions as well as the damaging ones.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

3595 attack

how so?

Nice, after my immature post didn’t expect a mature reply.

Attack is a fake stat which isn’t actually used in damage calculation. Attack is power + weapon strength but damage calculations use power * weapon strength.

So referring to attack stat kind of implies you don’t really know how damage actually works so it’s bit hard to take you seriously.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nabarue.3290

Nabarue.3290

I could not disagree more with this. My engineer’s 18 second bleeds and 15 seconds of Vulnerability (without food, I only stack roughly 12-15 of these, add food, and I can grab that potential full 25 stacks) have something to say about this statement.

Sir Sprocket the Engi/ Kyoryu Silver the Ele
And my Alter-Ego- Kyoryu Gold, Mesmer, Thundering Hero, wielder of the Legendary Meteorlogicus!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

WUT

I’m sure he is referencing the fact that in zerg battles, the condition clears are pretty constant and most conditions, besides immobilize, are cleared before they do significant damage.

This is not the case while roaming where the condition meta is still dominant, and seems to only be getting stronger as time passes on.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

You need to specify the game mode….

In PvE: Conditions need to be buffed
In PvP: Conditions need to be nerfed
In WvW: Conditions need to be nerfed

No idea where you got idea that conditions need nerf in www. Conditions need boost in www. Kind of stupid start to nerf something because some players wanna use cheesy specs and play game mode wrong way. If you wanna run alone and do you wannabe fighting buy rabid/dire gear.

There is no such thing as playing the game mode wrong. The fact is that condi spam is high, and outside of permastealth thieves, the best roaming specs tend to be condi.

In zergs, condis are a bigger threat than direct damage and is the reason so many people use food that helps reduce condi.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

It’s patently obvious that anet doesn’t give two chickens about any notion of balance in WvW. They did a good job getting rid of the really trashy PvE cons like the ash legion spy kit, golem in a box, gear, and skale venom, and nerfing life stealing pie, but they have not done anything else is over a year now.

Think about this too. You can run one of the gimmicky dire / perplexity condi builds as a roamer or in small groups with devastating effect using all exotic gear, 1 con that cost 2 silver each, and no stacks of any kind. With power builds you need all ascended equipment (except armor maybe) and all stacks to be fairly equal to other power builds, and have a chance against condi builds. Plus, you have to constantly use very expensive -condi durration food to counter cheap +condi duration foods.

It’s ridiculous. Anyone claiming this isn’t a problem doesn’t roam or small group at all, runs a perplexity condi build, or has a very crude understanding of things.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

New food: Lolberry Pie – 66% chance to remove food buffs from enemy on hit.

/end food QQ

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Nah. It actually isn’t a big deal. Durations are short anyway. The problem is that condi damage is what should be reduced.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

In zergs, condis are a bigger threat than direct damage and is the reason so many people use food that helps reduce condi.

Not serious right? Condis aren’t a threat at all in zergs. Condis aren’t a threat when the numbers get to about 10+ maybe 8+ is a bit more accurate. Everyone knows its because of passive condition removal and the aoe nature of many of the cleanses. You are probably the first person I seen that has said this. Even the anti condition camp usually dismisses zergs because there is no “skill”.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

The majority of this game’s damage doesn’t necessarily need nerfs. The majority of this game’s damage simply needs to be better cued. Post-cast delays, longer cast-times, less emphasis on auto-attack damage, longer auto-attack intervals, the addition of projectiles to single-target skills that don’t have them, more red circles, AoEs pulsing at the end of every second instead of the beginning and—in some cases—smaller AoEs can clear up this issue much more effectively for everyone than would a simple nerf to the damage.

in Profession Balance

Brando.1374

3595 attack

how so?

Nice, after my immature post didn’t expect a mature reply.

Attack is a fake stat which isn’t actually used in damage calculation. Attack is power + weapon strength but damage calculations use power * weapon strength.

So referring to attack stat kind of implies you don’t really know how damage actually works so it’s bit hard to take you seriously.

ok, thanks for that. Ill keep that in mind from now on.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Proposal

What i would do if i was a dev/Arena.net, i would completely remove all conditions from the classes, except for rangers.

Seriously ,

-what relations between conditions and warriors? Absolutely, None
-what relations between conditions and mesmers? Absolutely, None
-what relations between conditions and guardian? Absolutely, None
-what relations between conditions and engineers? Absolutely, None
-what relations between conditions and thieves? Absolutely, None

- -
-what relations between conditions and rangers? Survivability
-what relations between conditions and necromancer? Blood Ties

I love how Elementalist is in such a bad state it is not even listed among the professions. Lol

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

For PVE, simply this:

Put a a effect on larger mods (champion grade and up) that will make damaging conditions flare (doing damage to the mob) and reset their stack upon reaching a threshold.

on PVP, something a bit different:

make #1 on “condition” weapons refresh durations, but not apply new ones.

This means that the attacker have to spend one or more of their cooldown skills to put conditions on the target, making any cleanses the target has equipped have a bigger impact on the overall fight as the conditions cleansed will not be right back the very next second.

in Profession Balance

Tim.6450

PVE: meh cutch for a system problem.

PVP:
Why can’t people accept that condition weapons apply condition damage with their auto attacks? Condition players do not demand that power weapons do not do power damage on their auto attacks.

EverythingOP