I want to get rid of thieves

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Joe Augusta.8196

Joe Augusta.8196

Ok so obviously the title of this thread is a joke, However they are getting out of hand! When im running around trying to get to my commander 9/10 times an annoying thief comes up screaming in their high pitched voices and stabs me with his little knife, And instantly i am like great, i have to deal with this little s***. There is nothing i can do, i just swing wildly hoping i catch him a good one right in the face. My point is, nothing makes me more mad in this game than trolling thieves. Earlier today, it took us over 10 minutes to find a thief hidden in one of our keeps. Perma invisibility has to go!

Basically, the point on why i created this thread is to get a point across that thieves are too OP and there needs to be more ways to stop them from trolling and disappearing and staying invisible whenever they want.

Player Killerz
Ebay

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Op, I waited 1 year for that miracle to happen and you know what? it never came. The best we can to do is to keep the pressure on Arena.net to redesign thief class. That’s the only way to rid this Unjust Treatment by them.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Use stealth straps in towers etc

in Profession Balance

Joe Augusta.8196

We ended up using stealth traps to catch the thief in our keep, but they can see you place them down so they know to be careful!! also this doesnt help while roaming

Player Killerz
Ebay

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Frigid.6027

Frigid.6027

We ended up using stealth traps to catch the thief in our keep, but they can see you place them down so they know to be careful!! also this doesnt help while roaming

If you are roaming and don’t know how to fight vs stealth, you’re going to have a bad time. Mes/Thief/Engy are the main roaming classes because of their access to stealth to run from zergs.

Bounce – [xoxo] Zerg Me Like You Love Me [oPP] Over Powered People

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Asurastafarian.9708

Asurastafarian.9708

Thieves will never be thieves as long as they have their invisibility body shields instead of actual stealth but I don’t see that mechanic ever changing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Zergling #89344 having a 1v1 problem? Call 555-forumwarrior!

Sorry, but I stopped playing my thief in wvw on dec 10th so I can’t be called biased anymore, but while I am on a roaming build character I never have thief problems. If your build is teamfight oriented, well duuh, then just continue running and keep dropping ccs behind you. That works for me on a zerg build, until I reach a tower/the group.

Also, in the code of conduct petitions are not allowed, so expect infraction.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

ANet has pulled of a feat in creating the most hated class in the game without making it overpowered.

Even as a Thief I hate the Thief stealth mechanic in this game. Fickle mechanic and yet endlessly spamable and annoying.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: aDemoNnDisguisE.8576

aDemoNnDisguisE.8576

Thieves don’t need to go… but that kitten inviz needs to go.

Inviz needs more hard counters and debuffs.

NERF THE INVIZ ANET!
NERF IT NOW!

How does one Char assert his power over another?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Thieves need a buff….

Or most thieves are bad….

Not sure which one though…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I have multiple thief characters, and let me tell you, I only die when I get greedy. It’s easy to troll multiple players all night long and kill 1-2 of them. Yes, I can understand why people hate our class. I can’t imagine fighting such troll builds can be enjoyable. Send persistent feedback to anet. They don’t seem to want to find a creative solution to perma stealth.

OP’d thief, lol

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

So I was sitting in my comfortable armchair next to the chimmney fire in my nice house, they call it Stonemist Castle, when this horde of uncivilised barbarians stormed in and started killing my servants. Since they did not seem to respond to my polite request to GTFO I moved up to the 2nd floor to find a quiet spot to contemplate my misfortune. But the barbarians objected to that quiet retreat and sent some of their most gruesome killers after me, all carrying oversized swords and hammers and other dangerous tools of murder, so as any sane person would do I accepted their request to play hide and seek, babarians seem to love those kindergarden games and the fun went on for about 5min it ended when another horde of barbarians invaded my home and not only killed the servants but my new “friends” aswell. For some undisclosed cultural reason these barbarians like the ones that came first invited me to another game of hide and seek, which ended rather abruptly when the first horde returned to invade again…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Best thing to do is roll a thief and learn how it plays out and what counters work .. I used to hate being confronted by them but now.. meeeh they don’t scare me on any of my toons.
First up toughness and Vitality are your friend in WvW.. then when you see the thief vanish counter 1 – .. then dodge. If the heartseeker misses then rinse repeat if it hits your build should buy you some time and the recent revielded addition makes it a little more frustrating for the thief anyhows. Dodges, stuns, and some good ole fashion condi retaliation works a treat .. they can heal in stealth but condi’s stay.

A thief in GW2 by nature is looking for quick combat, high damage bursting and then distance/stealth… I personally get 100% more frustrated fighting PU Mesmers these days.. oooh but watch out for those condi thieves they can hurt in different ways

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

if you can’t burst down a thief before he re-stealth then you will never kill a good player thief that perm stealth to recover on 1v1. That’s how broken this mechanic is in wvw. However, I find mesmers to be a lot more annoying using constant stealth than the actual thieves.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cain.6507

Cain.6507

Just reroll. I did so, and now bring the pain. Stun locking people is so much easier, and they complain a lot less due the fact they can see me. Never mind stun locking and tons of CC are a much cheaper mechanic. How many stun breaker do you roll? Not enough. Have a few friends, bring em, I will smash them too…. And kill enough and surive long enough for my friends to show up.

Thieves were balanced a while ago, and have since grown weaker but the QQ has only increased. Nerfed and nerfed again, I just gave up on my favorite class. Not because I had to worker harder, which I do on my thief, not because I had to rebuild over and over again, which I have, but because bads will cry when they lose to classes like thief because they can’t admit they were out played.

Funny thing, on my warrior, I never lose to thieves. I enjoy the bags they drop, and it is even better when I get to kill two at a time. But bad players are not the issue, stealth is, of course…

Pliskade (Thief, retired, mostly)
Wombatanator (tiny Hammer Warior)
[worm] GoM

(edited by Cain.6507)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Just reroll. I did so, and now bring the pain. Stun locking people is so much easier, and they complain a lot less due the fact they can see me. Never mind stun locking and tons of CC are a much cheaper mechanic. How many stun breaker do you roll? Not enough. Have a few friends, bring em, I will smash them too…. And kill enough and surive long enough for my friends to show up.

Thieves were balanced a while ago, and have since grown weaker but the QQ has only increased. Nerfed and nerfed again, I just gave up on my favorite class. Not because I hard to work harder, which I do on my thief, not because I had to rebuild over and over again, which I have, but because bads will cry when they lose to classes like thief because they can’t admit they were out played.

Funny thing, on my warrior, I never lose to thieves. I enjoy the bags they drop, and it is even better when I get to kill two at a time. But bad players are not the issue, stealth is, of course…

Blind field and perma weakness seem to do the trick against your kind, however I don’t play stealth like the rest of my kin. I like to be in your face and request that you send all tears to my P.O. box. Warriors are too easy to predict, and Asura seem to think that they need to be in my face to do anything, in which case I blind field you, strip your stability and proceed to stun lock you

Have a taste of your own medicine.

/offtopicalittle

in Profession Balance

Sanduskel.1850

Thieves were balanced a while ago, and have since grown weaker but the QQ has only increased. Nerfed and nerfed again, I just gave up on my favorite class. Not because I hard to work harder, which I do on my thief, not because I had to rebuild over and over again, which I have, but because bads will cry when they lose to classes like thief because they can’t admit they were out played.

Thieves weren’t nerfed that hard. perma stealth is still very easy. I find the class very easy.

OP’d thief, lol

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Thieves weren’t nerfed that hard. perma stealth is still very easy. I find the class very easy.

Please don’t confuse “the class” with “one build”.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

if you can’t burst down a thief before he re-stealth then you will never kill a good player thief that perm stealth to recover on 1v1. That’s how broken this mechanic is in wvw. However, I find mesmers to be a lot more annoying using constant stealth than the actual thieves.

but mesmer cant perma stealth
they got CD on stealth who thief didnt got
90% of the time stealth mesmer dont solo roaming

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

but mesmer cant perma stealth
they got CD on stealth who thief didnt got
90% of the time stealth mesmer dont solo roaming

Thieves gotta give up a utility spot to achieve perma-stealth now, and it’s not worth it since it’s obvious where they’re doing it so you can just lay down damage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Thieves are easy.

Petition anti-signed.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kanenas.4906

Kanenas.4906

Just improve the stealth trap, to auto down thieves. Maybe bad players will feel the satisfaction of killing thieves then.
Also it will be the only thing in the world that could down the godly thief Sanduskel.

Nobody is bad by nature

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

We had a few guys like you on my server, the ‘I kill Thieves for breakfast and anyone who dies to them is a Noob’ guys until we had an annoying Thief taking one of our camps.
So ofcourse we sent Mr bigmouth Thief killer to deal with him, and ofcourse he died and then logged off in embarrassment.
So sorry, I call ‘Kitten’ on your “I never lose to Thieves” boast… either that or you have fought some terrible Thieves.

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

in Profession Balance

Joe Augusta.8196

This morning while in wvw, i was thinking of a good solution. Even though thieves are stealthed, you should still be able to hit them!

Player Killerz
Ebay

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

You miss the point, all of you
Invisibility is not the issue here, most thieves run without condi removals, just stun breakers, especially the pistoleers who shadowstep like all the time thanks to no skill cooldown. Recently cloaked thief is easy to guess and most professions have some kind of trace skills if timed right. Not to mention that the majority of the good players are able to dodge ‘Cloak & Dagger’ with a chance 2/3 attempts. The issue is not the stealth really

And some thieves are plain stupid to attack people in retaliation, which makes it simply the best skill to have against a thief xD

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

And that wasn’t fun, a break from bashing doors?
Best moments of capping keeps is searching – and finding – the mesmers trying to hide somewhere.

I don’t get it, here’s a format that lets you improvise, play little games of war you invent yourself, challenge others and be challenged and here you are complaining that other players got it into their mind to play little games of war and make it hard for you get to your commander and hook up to attack a keep. Their keep, mind you.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Thief threads are always same. Somebody whine about thief and then NA heroes come tell how they have managed kill some full glass cannon thief who actually did try to fight back.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Profession Balance

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

I have played all classes, the only one I do not have on level 80 is the elementalist, the thief was the last I leveled, 80% of time I leveled in WvW, I always hated thieves because of the perma stealh so I decided to play one to better understand how it works…

First thing I noticed is… they are fun to play… it is funny to be on the other side when your enemy cant find you… second is thieves have few scape alternatives but stealth so it becomes quite dependent on it, maybe more experienced thieves can discuss it better but I cant see other ways of surviving as a thief but using stealth.

The fact is you only die playing a thief if you are caught by zerg, or you make a big mistake on activating your skills, or you are too overconfident. Any average player can scape any fight no matter how skilled the oponnent is. But this is just for scaping, as far as damage dealt I think the thief is ok.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

If you are roaming and don’t know how to fight vs stealth, you’re going to have a bad time.

It’s more than that tho isn’kitten

When your traited into a team build that syncs perfectly with your group you wont have the traits to compete in a 1v1.

And in my experience its a 1v1 if your lucky. Usually roamers group up in small groups.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jakare.6807

Jakare.6807

OP you should decide what you’re complaining about, your title seems to suggest that you have a prepared valid argument for why an entire class should be removed from the game, however all I am finding in your short anecdote is a combination of a) you being frustrated by the fact that you were beaten by someone who has built their character for 1v1s, and b) you not having enough knowledge of your class/game mechanics to counter someone that uses stealth.

“There is nothing i can do, i just swing wildly”

… yeah.

If a burst guardian had turned up instead of a thief and hit you with 4k leap of faith, 4k smite condition and 9k shield of wrath blast in the first second of engagement , would you be making a petition to get rid of guardians?

Úchî/Aulrathil
[TI] Team Ignition (Gandara)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

People are still having trouble with stealth, really?! I don’t have any trouble fighting most thieves, but there are a few good ones – and these are nearly impossible to kill because of the stealth mechanic. I’ve had ideas since launch that could fix the entire thing, so let’s drop them out here – again.

1. Make it impossible for stealth to stack (does not apply to stacking through utility skills). This would fix the only build that people complain about; Dagger/Pistol. The only problem with this build is the ability to stack stealth by using Black Powder and Heartseek several times through it.

2. Give the thief the “Revealed” debuff wether they attack from stealth or not.

These changes will make the Thief way more tactical to play. It will heighten the skill floor and actually challenge the player to think twice before stealthing. Us thieves would have to either attack or retreat when we stealthed, and since we know that we will get the revealed debuff we need to think fast and figure wether we want to go for the kill or gtfo.

This comes from a Thief that have mained it since beta with way too many hours on it, and heavy use in all game modes.

Melder – Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: morrigana sedai.2091

morrigana sedai.2091

1. Make it impossible for stealth to stack (does not apply to stacking through utility skills). This would fix the only build that people complain about; Dagger/Pistol. The only problem with this build is the ability to stack stealth by using Black Powder and Heartseek several times through it.

2. Give the thief the “Revealed” debuff wether they attack from stealth or not.

+1
+1

especially the 2nd point, that would be a great thing to get rid of ~perma stealth builds.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Even though you say the title is a joke, I support it. Just get rid of them already. No one likes them, not even themselves really, they’re full of self loathing.

Here’s a suggestion. In the upcoming expansion just get rid of them. And add a new profession to replace them. After the expansion, when a thief logs in they are instantly transmorgafied to the new profession. Problem solved.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

The best way to get rid of thieves is to kill them. If you kill them they have to run back to you from the WP.

Seriously though, if you can catch a thief off-guard with a well-placed stealth trap their reaction is absolutely priceless and completely makes up for all the injustice that they have dealt you.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Even though you say the title is a joke, I support it. Just get rid of them already. No one likes them, not even themselves really, they’re full of self loathing.

Here’s a suggestion. In the upcoming expansion just get rid of them. And add a new profession to replace them. After the expansion, when a thief logs in they are instantly transmorgafied to the new profession. Problem solved.

lol brilliant

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

There’s nothing more fun in this game than trolling zergling tryhards desperately attempting to make it back to the safety of their blob so they can get back to spamming 1 over and over again.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

Don’t leave your objective alone? Come on I feel like sometimes players aren’t even trying to find a solution. Wait for a couple others to start to leave the objective and roll with them. Thieves are only powerful when they can get you alone.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

Sanduskel with his antistealth campaign?
I belong to the biggest thieves guild.
Thieves die, much easier in group combat than in 1vs1. In duels thieves are not the top1 by far, below average in zerging or pve.
They can disengage, all your problems are related with this? It introduces new mechanics in the game.
I play as thief, but I also fight against thieves and many cries here are a l2p issue.
There is not real permainvi with thieves, there are smoke clouds, aoe signals and other systems to find them.
When fighting there is rythm behind, if you do not feel the rythm of the attacks you should fight against more thieves.
There are antistealth traps.
Use rangers for sick’em.
L2p, better.
Daily many of us fight without problems against thieves, roaming or inside the keeps.
Perhaps you do not know them enough.

Best,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Ps Interstingly many old members changed the class after so many nerfs and they find much easier to use other classes…it makes me laugh that you find easier to rule a thief than a warrior or a necro.

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

(edited by Haltair.3062)

in Profession Balance

Cain.6507

Blind field and perma weakness seem to do the trick against your kind, however I don’t play stealth like the rest of my kin. I like to be in your face and request that you send all tears to my P.O. box. Warriors are too easy to predict, and Asura seem to think that they need to be in my face to do anything, in which case I blind field you, strip your stability and proceed to stun lock you

Have a taste of your own medicine.

/offtopicalittle

Don’t think so. Blinds? Posion? Have you played thief long? How many good players stand in blinding powder? Do you know how many passive and active conditions cleans a warrior has? I can cleans conditions passively about as fast as you can apply them. I also have conditions immunity and can hit like a truck. Don’t mistake me for a your average (bad) player, I think like a thief, know all of a thieves abilities and animations. It is why I kill them easily…

And why do you think I would pop stability fighting a thief? Oh no, scorpion wire, let me me sideways a foot! Or is it to prevent your stuns and dazes. I don’t waste stability on thieves.

[worm] GoM

in Profession Balance

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Stealth trap is pretty entertaining, assuming you saved 10 supply and didn’t use it to help out the team. Some thieves continue to sit in shadow refuge going “wha?!?!?” while you beat them down.

It shows how broken the thief is. They are extremely fragile and need the invisibility to be effective. I think the invisibility is a horrible mechanic in competitive play. So the discussion should really be more of “redesign the thief profession” instead of “nerf stealth”.

I don’t think we’ll see that happen… ever. It’s one of those design mistakes that cannot be fixed without huge repercussions.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If you die while running to a zerg, well… uhmmm… yeah there is that. IMO, thieves culling the herd is exactly what they are designed to do.

I think the answer is pretty clear… do not make dedicated group builds and expect to survive when running solo somewhere.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Profession Balance

Cain.6507

We had a few guys like you on my server, the ‘I kill Thieves for breakfast and anyone who dies to them is a Noob’ guys until we had an annoying Thief taking one of our camps.
So ofcourse we sent Mr bigmouth Thief killer to deal with him, and ofcourse he died and then logged off in embarrassment.
So sorry, I call ‘Kitten’ on your “I never lose to Thieves” boast… either that or you have fought some terrible Thieves.

Too bad I wasn’t there, I could of taught you something. Takes about 3 seconds to understand thieves build. I pawn bad thieves and good thieves and nearly kill great ones, on my warrior. If I find an amazing thief I will long into mine, and hunt the guy down.

Thieves love to duel, well about 80% do. So on my thief it is /bow, jump three times. Wait for response. Then I duel with the really good thieves and learn more about what they are doing.

Why do I succeed so well against thieves? I know how they play… And I pick were I fight. This involves a lot of factors that most people don’t take the time to learn.

I will admit this much…. I get killed by a lot of thieves when I should. Such as I have low health, blew all my utilities fighting outnumbered, and an limping away to try to hide, to break line of sight, and let my cool downs recharge. Thieves are by design best suited to destroy you in these situations, and should. But straight up 1v1 encounters. No. If I lose to a thieve in a 1v1 it is because I defeated my self.

Thieves need some love, and nerfing stealth will kill a class that has been crippled in many other ways. Some classes are better suited to fighting a thief, and warrior is one of them. Large health pool, heavy armor, blocks, stuns, lots hard and soft CC, and decent burst can all be in one build.

I get rick rolled buy other classes due to my build, but thief isn’t one. If I built differently, other classes would be less of an issue but thief would destroy me….

Kinda seems like it’s balanced…..

[worm] GoM

in Profession Balance

Posted by: KDXX.9520

KDXX.9520

Yeah to make a point off of Quell’s point, one really shouldn’t leave the objective alone if it can be helped. However later at night U.S. time the field is basically deserted, which is an issue.

That said, traveling in a group of 3-5 might not save you, actually if you’re a mid or back liner it probably won’t. I have stood in the middle of some of the most gruesome zerg clashes of Blackgate, JQ, and SOR and survived like a champion, and I’m an Engie so that’s saying a little something.

But thieves? Nope. I’ve maybe killed three thieves 1v1. One in particular comes to mind. I used my rifle to net him, ran up, hit him in the face with a wrench (confusion), switched back to my rifle used the power shot to knock him and me back. You’d rocket boots to promptly stomp him into the dirt and get back to right next to him, and then went psycho with the flame thrower till condition damage just overwhelmed him.

So why did he die? Because I saw him first and gave him 0 opportunity to stealth. Because if he’d stealthed, it was game over for me. That’s just wrong. It’s wrong to have a single class mechanic that’s so powerful you KNOW you’re going to lose to it.

Oh and returning to the travelling in groups thing. I see thieves 1 v 3-5 all the time, and win.

Also, unless something’s changed, Engies do not get a stealth skill. Thieves and Rangers only. If that’s wrong, and something has changed, let me know.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Engi’s might be able to execute a stealth via combo’s. Not sure on that tho.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Profession Balance

Sanduskel.1850

Perma stealth is the issue. I can literally kill an enemy inside a group of five and never get hit because of permastealth. The enemies swing blindly, and anyone who has synapses knows how to avoid them. Only if I take more risks or make a mistake do I die. It’s hands down the easiest class I’ve ever played in any MMO. Some of us would like a bigger challenge.

Stealth traps? Lol.

OP’d thief, lol

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP

It’s not really a problem with thieves or mesmers (who have certain specs with tons of stealth) or warriors or any other roaming class spec. The issue is with your set up. The roaming classes are set up for 1v1 type fights. As you mentioned, you are trying to get to a commander. If you are smart, that means you are running a more group focused spec. You really have no chance against someone who is looking for a 1v1. That is actually perfectly fine. Those 1v1 specs would be considered “rally bots” if they were running with the commander.

The solution isn’t a change to classes. The solution is to run in groups back to a commander.

It really comes down to how you want to play WvW.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Perma stealth is the issue. I can literally kill an enemy inside a group of five and never get hit because of permastealth. The enemies swing blindly, and anyone who has synapses knows how to avoid them. Only if I take more risks or make a mistake do I die. It’s hands down the easiest class I’ve ever played in any MMO. Some of us would like a bigger challenge.

Stealth traps? Lol.

Just some advice. If something isn’t a challenge for you, try something else. Oh, and post some of your videos. If everyone sees your insane skills, then maybe ANET will take action.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

Don’t bother with Sanduskel, he doesn’t actually play a thief. He’s very good at making up scenarios and portraying how he owns everything, and claiming it’s the easiest thing in the world.

That said, traveling in a group of 3-5 might not save you, actually if you’re a mid or back liner it probably won’t. I have stood in the middle of some of the most gruesome zerg clashes of Blackgate, JQ, and SOR and survived like a champion, and I’m an Engie so that’s saying a little something.

But thieves? Nope. I’ve maybe killed three thieves 1v1. One in particular comes to mind. I used my rifle to net him, ran up, hit him in the face with a wrench (confusion), switched back to my rifle used the power shot to knock him and me back. You’d rocket boots to promptly stomp him into the dirt and get back to right next to him, and then went psycho with the flame thrower till condition damage just overwhelmed him.

So why did he die? Because I saw him first and gave him 0 opportunity to stealth. Because if he’d stealthed, it was game over for me. That’s just wrong. It’s wrong to have a single class mechanic that’s so powerful you KNOW you’re going to lose to it.

Oh and returning to the travelling in groups thing. I see thieves 1 v 3-5 all the time, and win.

Also, unless something’s changed, Engies do not get a stealth skill. Thieves and Rangers only. If that’s wrong, and something has changed, let me know.

It’s ironic that someone who doesn’t even know his own class is complaining about thieves and thinks his argument is valid just because he can’t beat them. Yes, engineers have some access to stealth, they can combo their own field and you get a 5 second stealth with Toss Elixir S.

Surviving a zerg fight does not make you a skilled 1v1 player. The fact you’re a rifle engineer, which is something I find quite weak, doesn’t help you against thieves either. Maybe a stealthing thief means death to you, but your engineer colleagues that specialize in roaming are actually very strong against thieves, whether those thieves manage to stealth or not.

It’s just the mindset of people that annoys me. I can’t beat this, it must be OP. If some people would invest as much time learning how to play against thieves as they do complaining about them they’d probably do quite well. But hey, I guess complaining is the easier way to deal with your issues.

I’m not saying stealth is without its problems. I would embrace some well though out changes to thieves and stealth that wouldn’t actually be a straight up nerf, but all that’s going on here is mindless complaining. Thieves are dependant on stealth for a reason.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in Profession Balance

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

Yeah to make a point off of Quell’s point, one really shouldn’t leave the objective alone if it can be helped. However later at night U.S. time the field is basically deserted, which is an issue.

If you’re not killing thieves on an engineer you’re doing something incredibly wrong. They are one of the better classes in the game when it comes to dealing with thieves, you just have to not whiff your skills when thieves are dodge rolling or stealthing (basically don’t panic).

It should never be “game over” for you if a thief stealths one time in a fight. If you give up fighting a thief after he gets a stealth or two off, then I’m sorry, you’re just not trying.

Also, when you see a thief win a 1v3 or more roaming, it’s because 1) the group is built poorly, or 2)each and every one of those players is not very good in general and the thief is of a much higher skill level. Stop removing the human element from the game. There is a difference in skill level from one player to the next. You’re not losing to thieves because “thieves are OP.” You’re losing to them because you’re not as skilled as those particular players yet.

And to prove that you’re just not adept at dealing with stealth in general, you point out that you believe only thieves and rangers have stealth. Wrong. Mesmers have stealthing capabilities has well, and they have much more than rangers do. On top of that, guess what, engineers get stealthing as well. Blast finishers in a smoke bomb for example will do the trick, or you could use your toss elixir skill with elixir s for a nice little aoe stealth as well.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

(edited by godz raiden.2631)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Ok so obviously the title of this thread is a joke, However they are getting out of hand! When im running around trying to get to my commander 9/10 times an annoying thief comes up screaming in their high pitched voices and stabs me with his little knife, And instantly i am like great, i have to deal with this little s***. There is nothing i can do, i just swing wildly hoping i catch him a good one right in the face. My point is, nothing makes me more mad in this game than trolling thieves. Earlier today, it took us over 10 minutes to find a thief hidden in one of our keeps. Perma invisibility has to go!

Basically, the point on why i created this thread is to get a point across that thieves are too OP and there needs to be more ways to stop them from trolling and disappearing and staying invisible whenever they want.

There is nothing more satisfying then killing a zergling who tries to reach that blue tag.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough