In short: the professions right now

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

These are my opinion, I’m not saying these are right, this is just my opinion from what I’ve seen lately.

Edit: this is for WvW

Need nerfing dramatically:
Warriors of all kinds (at the moment they have: best healing, best mobility, best armour, second best damage (thieves have first), one of the best at zerging, they even have a brilliant condition build) they’ve needed nerfing for several months now and they seem to be getting buffed more and more each patch. Not to mention they have a health pool that looks like it belongs on Zhaitan.

Need nerfing:
PU mesmers (I run one as my second character and they definitely need nerfing)
Dhuumfire necros (full bar of conditions is just too much)

Just fine:
Thieves of all kinds (although thieves should have less armour if they’re going to have so much stealth)
Guardians of all kinds (although they’re terrible at roaming they make up for it at zerging)
Engineers of all kinds
all mesmers apart from PU

Need buffing:
Elementalists of all kinds
All necros apart from Dhuumfire (preferaby with more stability)

Need buffing dramatically:
Rangers

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

(edited by Silent Shino.7239)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

What is this based on? WvW? sPvP?

You provide no context for your assessment. And context matters.

In either case, aide from ridiculous condition spam (whiich was a problem before but is now worse than ever) I think it’s too soon to comment on any specific sort of balance issues.

Every game I play had consisted of a completely random assortment of classes and builds without much of a common pattern.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Since it is opinion I would point out that your thoughts aren’t really fleshed out. This looks like it is based on dueling/solo roaming. You need to specify what game mode because if you talk to sPvP players they would look at you crazy for saying rangers need dramatic buffs.

Essentially a Nerf this buff this because that is what I think but I won’t really explain either spectrum.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Silent Shino.7239

I thought I forgot something :L I’ll edit the original post

All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

lol @thiefsarejustfine

in Profession Balance

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

lol. . u are basing your post on a 1v1 experience. this is your opinion but its pretty clear u are very bias and dont provide any constructive feedback really.
all i hear is atm is:
i want mesmer nerfed and warrior and then the necros too because my main cant kill them in 2 hits and oh ooh i play mesmer so i know. no u dont and unless u provide a real reason of what is op then sorry but noone will listen to u.
and yes LOL @ thievesarejustfine

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

Silent Shino.7239

lol. . u are basing your post on a 1v1 experience. this is your opinion but its pretty clear u are very bias and dont provide any constructive feedback really.
all i hear is atm is:
i want mesmer nerfed and warrior and then the necros too because my main cant kill them in 2 hits and oh ooh i play mesmer so i know. no u dont and unless u provide a real reason of what is op then sorry but noone will listen to u.

Thank you for that positive feed back, I’m presuming it’s positive because I can’t understand what language you are attempting to speak.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I kinda agree with the OP in a general way of agreeing.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Profession Balance

selan.8354

all i hear is atm is:

Thank you for that positive feed back, I’m presuming it’s positive because I can’t understand what language you are attempting to speak.

oh would u like that in english,french or german or swissgerman? in short. all u say nerf this because of op and buff this and this is fine. but u dont provide any information on why, what trait,how the trait or skill is op.

tout tu dis est nerf parce que ill est op et buff ceci et cela est très bien. mais tu ne fournir aucune information sur les raisons, ce trait, la façon dont le trait ou la compétence est op.

alles was do gesagt hast klingt wie dieses ist op jenes muss man buffen and dieses ist ok. aber du giebst uns keine information wesshalb etwas op ist und welcher trait oder skill genau.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

Silent Shino.7239

that’s why I put ‘In short’ in the title, most people don’t bother reading long versions^^ To have it short, I couldn’t put giant paragraphs with reasons in.

in Profession Balance

selan.8354

that’s why I put ‘In short’ in the title, most people don’t bother reading long versions^^ To have it short, I couldn’t put giant paragraphs with reasons in.

well but how about u explain it in detail though. cause the way it is right now it wont lead to any constructive discussion. u wanna nerf mesmers pu for example, but are u considering that there is people in wvw that use the trait to survive in zerg?plus what does mes really have left besides that?

yes war does need a nerf, but u might wanna tell us how u would nerf it etc. this way people can actually answer and take u serious, cause right now its sound more like a rageing thread than an actual balance issue thread

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

LOL “engineers are just fine” “dumbfire needs nerfing”

Dumbfire has been nerfed and engineers are fine?

Dear anet, plz nerf rock, paper is just fine.

Sincerely, scissors

Thats what you sound like, typical engi player

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

lol @thiefsarejustfine

They are! I mean sure, when roaming they can freely escape the fight even if it goes south, but you know, that’s just because they’re so difficult to play!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

More like:

Warriors – Recently nerfed, still make people cry
Thieves – Also recently nerfed, still make people cry
Mesmers – Actually requires skill to beat
Necromancers – MM with the summoned unit damage bug was dumb, terrormancer is a little over the top, but condi spam is still the meta.
Engineers – LOL, you wanna cap that point? Nope.
Elementalist – Actually viable now, the burst is unbelievably good. Even more fun to play against now, truly a test of 1v1 skill. Dodge their burst, start the countdown in your head. By far my favorite class to 1v1 against.
Ranger – Meh, Spirits are okay. Power/Sniper is hilarious though, not as effective.

Guardian – Forgotten, still bunkering.

If anything, it’s Engis/Necros that need to be taken down a bit, but instead of nerfing, why don’t we buff everyone instead? More fun to one shot each other than to run around smacking them with wet noodles.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Need nerfing:
PU mesmers (I run one as my second character and they definitely need nerfing)
Dhuumfire necros (full bar of conditions is just too much)

PU Mesmers
These are only overpowered in 1v1 situations. Now before you see that as me agreeing with anything, do keep in mind that the devs have not created a 1v1 mode, and in fact both PvP modes and the combat system itself want you to not do 1v1.
So while PU might be too strong, it baffles me that players apparently have issues with this. Especially in sPvP.

Dhuumfire Necro
That’s the dreaded 6/6/2/0/6 build? :P

Just fine:
Thieves of all kinds (although thieves should have less armour if they’re going to have so much stealth)

Uh huh. So you don’t have an issue with target-lock breaking 10 times in 8 seconds on Thieves?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Silent Shino.7239

LOL “engineers are just fine” “dumbfire needs nerfing”

Dumbfire has been nerfed and engineers are fine?

Dear anet, plz nerf rock, paper is just fine.

Sincerely, scissors

Thats what you sound like, typical engi player

I main a guardian and have a PU mesmer as my secondary…

Thieves really aren’t OP, if you predict their movements then it’s like shooting fish in a barrel, as a mesmer, I just use illusionary counter when they go stealth and 9 times out of 10 they fall for it and get tormented to death before they can figure out what’s happened.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

PU Mesmers
These are only overpowered in 1v1 situations. Now before you see that as me agreeing with anything, do keep in mind that the devs have not created a 1v1 mode, and in fact both PvP modes and the combat system itself want you to not do 1v1.
So while PU might be too strong, it baffles me that players apparently have issues with this. Especially in sPvP.

This guy gets it. PU is a mostly a roaming spec that has a lot of dominance 1v1 and not with much else. Good people can make it work in a team setting but it’s no better than any other mesmer spec (at least in spvp). People in WvW focus too much on 1v1 and roaming. The game isn’t balanced around that and never will be. Also it’s laughably useless in zergs, which is pretty much how you win in WvW.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Thankfully there about 14 good ways to sift the metrics they get from the WvW maps every second of every day that tell them more useful and more realistic ranked profession assessments than some player’s opinion-list splattered on the public wall of the forums.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

One person can’t make a valid assessment on every profession. You need to ask the people who know the professions in and out for a valid assessment. And even then, it would still require further debate.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Condition necromancers don’t take post-nerf Dhuumfire outside PvE, where conditions are terrible anyway. And our condition coverage is actually pretty terrible without it.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

One person can’t make a valid assessment on every profession. You need to ask the people who know the professions in and out for a valid assessment. And even then, it would still require further debate.

Actually, I’d ask the people who don’t play the profession, but for each profession.
I mean, people always say to “ask the pro players”, but really, why not ask the ones fighting a specific class what they hate or love about it.

What can the class do, what can’t they do.

Sure, they’ll have as over-biased views as the players of each class, but if you poll this perspective for all 8 classes the differences between the class-feedbacks would be the interesting part. Do people really mind stealth on Mesmers as much as on Thieves? More? Less?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

IMO. Warriors are a bit over, rangers are a bit under. All the others are decent in their own way. Eles continue to have the least/worst spec options.

downed state is bad for PVP