[PVP] Necromancer, a little bit too easy?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Yes, that was sarcasm.

I mean, I’ve alredy asked necromancers in the necromancers forum to help me aknowledge all of the necro weaknesses (link of the discussion is here) and it seems that the principal weakness of the necro is that they either kill fast, or they die.

In the previous discussion I’ve spoken from the pov of a bunker engineer, but after that discussion, not conviced at all by the feedback provided by the other necromancers, I decided to create a necro myself to test wheter it was OP or not.

It turned out that it is NOT OP, but it DOES NOT require skillfull play at all. I tried it in competitive TPVP, of course, and it’s really too easy to master. Classes like thieves, engineers and mesmers, get overwhelmed in what it seems to be 4 or 5 clicks. It is not how it’s supposed to be. THe presence of an extra life bar, also, contributes to the problem.

Before you throw trash at me, take a moment a think about it, thanks.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

Hmm , this is not all true, though Necro is indeed easy to play. You have to be skillfull to play necro (I know pvp is full of MM’s) but like rocketboots with engi you get to learn that playing easy won t let you win. I am a condimancer with Blood is power ,corrupt boon and epedemic. Still I won t run 30/30/0/10/0 or 30/30/0/0/10. I am actually specced in DS. Alot of people call me nub etc, because they say DS is useless, but I love it. It’s amazing to make very good combos with DS.

But what I wanted to say was: Necro is indeed easy to learn and to play, but that doesn t mean you can win against a skillfull thief or mesmer.

I don t want to say bad things but I know how to kill necros easily, I know how to be a good necro and I know alot of the tactics. (Like staying in a tight place will do much more than in open)

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

Well with a health pool of 30-40k necros are amazingly easy to play and more forgiving than other classes if you make a mistake. Generally if you want a class that takes some skill, isn’t op and won’t make you feel like a face roller you should roll a ranger.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

Well with a health pool of 30-40k necros are amazingly easy to play and more forgiving than other classes if you make a mistake. Generally if you want a class that takes some skill, isn’t op and won’t make you feel like a face roller you should roll a ranger.

Well Ranger has his incedible evade abilities ^^ , Necro has his big health pool yes. But every class has their own easy stuff. Well alright you need some skill with thiefs and if you want to be a combo engi you need some skill too.

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

OP what did you spec? What skills did you use?

I would say the entire opposite – Necros are one of the hardest professions to play well as they need a lot of micro to win (aside from Minion Master – I’m guessing that’s what you used).

Death Shroud isn’t really “an extra lifebar”. It’s more like limited period of non-invincibility where you are limited to 5 basic skills and can’t heal.

In exchange, Necros have no other blocking abilities in the entire profession, and the worst mobility.

As you mentioned, Necros have to win or die.

Other classes have actual “invincibility” skills they can sit in to heal up and/or use mobility skills to get away.

If a Necro goes into DS with 100hp, they will come out of DS with 100hp and die. The ability of other classes to be invincible and use utility skills and healing is considerably better.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

To be fair, many classes are easy to play, but mastering any class is difficult.

I mean I have made a mesmer resently and its rediculous how easy it is to run full zerk and go around ganking people in WvW. Its like a thief but at 1000+ range, and if your burst doesnt work as intended you just lol off into stealth and try again later. I would never say I am a skilled mesmer though, and I wouldnt dare say mastering the class is easy because it certainly isnt.

My necro isnt lvl 80 but I have played it in sPvP and its simular.. its easy to just come up and condition bomb someone to all hell, and 75% of the time that kills people easy and anything.. but mastering the proffesion so you can actually win 1v1s you should by rights lose I imagine is as hard as it is on any class.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Frenk.5917

My necro isnt lvl 80 but I have played it in sPvP and its simular.. its easy to just come up and condition bomb someone to all hell, and 75% of the time that kills people easy and anything.. but mastering the proffesion so you can actually win 1v1s you should by rights lose I imagine is as hard as it is on any class.

I am not talking about 1v1 custom arena duels, if you meant that. I have tried condimancer, MM (very briefly though, most booooring build I’ve ever seen), wellomancer and of course the glass cannon dhoomfire. What I mean when I say that it’s too easy is that I can achieve things with necros that would require me a lot more when playing other classes.

• Thieves? Fear. They dodge? Not my spectral wall, dear! They stealth themselves? I’ll just spam marks here and there, to know where he is and to keep damaging him. While I contest the point, of course. If I don’t run condi, MM.
  • Engineers? Fear. Some more fear. Did I mention fear? And while they are feared (and since they don’t have enough stability/stunbreaks so we all know they WILL be cc’ed) just apply some random conditions, not even caring which ones, when, or if it will even hit.
  • Guardians? LOL, apply random conditions + signet of spite, wait for him to convert his conditions into boon, corrupt boon, GG to me. Spam fear in the meanwhile, just to be sure.
  • Elementalists? Melted one in 10 seconds, fear interrupted his/her ether renewal, conditions killed him.

I could go on with the list. The only class which really easily kills necro is the warrior. And very skilled thieves (assuming the necro player is brain dotated, of course).

This is not OP of course, because the necro HAS NO WAY to sustain himself. But in a TPVP optic, where you either cap a point or you usually die, it’s kitten too easy to play and to achieve effectiveness.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

There are two things this thread (and many others on other classes) don’t consider:

1. Skill level needed to play competently
2. Skill level needed to master

IMO, Necro is easy to play but to master takes far more effort than many other less complex professions.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Yay, this is the thread from the guy who went in the Necromancer forum with bullying attitude declaring “tell me this or I’m gonna check it myself” like if there was an hidden fraud.

Till June 2012 the Necromancer was mocked as a bad class in PVP.
Then Dhuumfire.
Now you declare this?
Yes, Necromancer is strong, but I’m sorry for you, experienced players are going to totally deny you what you mentioned here as a proof.

Epic whine thread, Mr. Angry Inspector.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Lol, they are just easy to kite, easy to run from and have the BIGGEST weakness of all classes – CC. They are far from “easy” to play, they are also far from “OP” considering they do LESS damage than before Dhuumfire got introduced and no one cried back then…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

That is down to the Condition meta. Necro can be easily countered. use CC like knockbacks, stuns, interrupts and everything

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

Yeah I’m not quite sure what this thread is about.

If it’s just a general complaint that Minion Master and Condition specs are unbalanced, Anet have already said in the livestream that:

- Conditionmancer is being nerfed (Dhuumfire changed to proc off DS lifeblast, rather than just any crit)

- Minion Master will have both it’s damage and healing nerfed.

/thread ?

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Yes, that was sarcasm.

I mean, I’ve alredy asked necromancers in the necromancers forum to help me aknowledge all of the necro weaknesses (link of the discussion is here) and it seems that the principal weakness of the necro is that they either kill fast, or they die.

In the previous discussion I’ve spoken from the pov of a bunker engineer, but after that discussion, not conviced at all by the feedback provided by the other necromancers, I decided to create a necro myself to test wheter it was OP or not.

It turned out that it is NOT OP, but it DOES NOT require skillfull play at all. I tried it in competitive TPVP, of course, and it’s really too easy to master. Classes like thieves, engineers and mesmers, get overwhelmed in what it seems to be 4 or 5 clicks. It is not how it’s supposed to be. THe presence of an extra life bar, also, contributes to the problem.

Before you throw trash at me, take a moment a think about it, thanks.

so by your post im assuming you went Condi bunker and overwhelmed classes with low Condi removal. I have spent an insensible amount of time on necro and would like you to get back to me after you run across anyone with CC or you get focused. Dearhshroud is not as great as alot of people want to assume it is and if I’m lucky affords me about as much time as some of the full immunities other classes get well locking me out of my utilities.

also I took some time to think like you asked and I won’t bash you but I will say you have not played your necro enough to pass judgment and hopefully you will take time to listen to the people who actually do before you just randomly make posts.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Yes, condi dumpers are fairly brainless to play. Blame ANet for adding Dumbfire when just about all experienced necromancers were against it. It kittened the class to the point of being overly reliant on it.

But the real issue here is that nothing else really works for the necromancer. The class just doesn’t have access to all the fancy tools the other classes get. You’ve got no real mobility to speak of and the only way to block damage is with death shroud. All it does well is dump conditions. That’s it. That’s the entire class right now. Yeah, it sucks but short of a substantial revamp nothing will change here. Necromancers will keep on dumping conditions because that’s what they do.

(edited by Fungalfoot.7213)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Conditions too easy to remove but most classes don’t have enough answers to the conditions of Necros or Engineers. So where do you fix this problem? And do we simply go in trying to nerf a class like we see with all the Warrior discussions? Or do we try and fix what’s overpowered but buff them in other areas to maintain their overall value in the game?

Personally? I say dramatically improve the condi cleanse of individual classes, especially if you’re going to continue letting auto attacks for necros and engis apply 3+ random ones in seconds. Grant Necros what they need most… a way to engage/disengage (Change Dark Path to a 900 range skill like Rush or Swoop) and grant them brief Stability when entering Death Shroud.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Thats called counter. For example mesmers are fragile and conditions just melt them, they can’t handle that. Is it unfair? Yeah. Should they change? Well, it depends on what Anet wants. If they want an even field, i wish for superior damage mitigation instead of DS and more counter to cc. Thank you.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I think the crux of the issue here is that conditions are simply too damaging. And they are this damaging because condition damage is meant to compare to power damage as a primary way of dealing damage. This naturally stems from the fact that we’ve got more than one main damage stat.

Maybe it’s about time that ANet started considering merging these damage stats and making conditions supportive components to damage rotations. Most MMOs do not have this split and I’m finding it increasingly difficult to view it as a positive.

in Profession Balance

Frenk.5917

Yeah I’m not quite sure what this thread is about.

If it’s just a general complaint that Minion Master and Condition specs are unbalanced, Anet have already said in the livestream that:

- Conditionmancer is being nerfed (Dhuumfire changed to proc off DS lifeblast, rather than just any crit)

- Minion Master will have both it’s damage and healing nerfed.

/thread ?

This thread is regarding the fact that it’s too easy to play. Nerfing this or that will not change this basic fact. It should in fact require more active play, that’s what I’m asking for.

Yay, this is the thread from the guy who went in the Necromancer forum with bullying attitude declaring “tell me this or I’m gonna check it myself” like if there was an hidden fraud.

Till June 2012 the Necromancer was mocked as a bad class in PVP.
Then Dhuumfire.
Now you declare this?
Yes, Necromancer is strong, but I’m sorry for you, experienced players are going to totally deny you what you mentioned here as a proof.

Epic whine thread, Mr. Angry Inspector.

I did do what you suggested to me. I didn’t believe it, I created a necro by myself and like I said in the OP, you were right.

Frenk – EU
All is vain