[PVX][Ranger] Fortifying Bond and Pet traits

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Just some low-hanging fruit suggestions.

• Fortifying Bond: Vigor replaced with Stability
    Would like to see this the most since pets have no use for Vigor and benefit more from Stability.
  • Speed Training: Reduces recharge on pet skills by 20% (increased from 10%)
    Most recharge reductions are 20%, I find it odd pets are excluded from it. Can’t hurt too much to let pets do some of their moves a couple of seconds faster.

The next few suggestions are to make traits available for all pets so selection can be limited to their utilities/stats rather than a combination of utilities/stats and traits.

• Rending Attacks: Pets inflict bleeds on critical hit with their basic attacks (currently limited to Drakes, Felines, Devourers, and the Shark)
  • Stability Training: Pets gain stability when disabled (currently limited to Ursines, Porcines, and the Armor Fish)
  • Intimidation Training: Pets cause cripple on critical hit with their basic attacks, 15-second cooldown (currently limited to Canines and Spiders and bound to the F2 activation)

NOTE: I was not sure how to pass this one so I’m suggesting to keep the cripple duration (5 seconds) and limit it to the basic attack and proc on a critical hit. Keeping it bound to F2 might be too clunky for some pets. Also, adding an internal cooldown of perhaps 15 seconds to match Predator’s Instinct which is 10 seconds of cripple with a 30 second cooldown (cooldown length of 3x the base cripple duration) to keep it in check.

• Instinctual Bond is moved to Master Tier and Loud Whistle moved to Adept Tier
    The last one is perhaps to open up some avenues for Rangers not wanting to invest too heavily in Beastmastery. All about diversifying, right, Anet?
PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

I would like to see some traits that make the pets annoying in battles. Something like “Pets cause cripple their basic attacks” with a 10 second cooldown and 3s cripple.
“You gain quickness and swiftness when your pet is disabled. Your pet gains quickness and swiftness when you are disabled” with a 30 second cooldown, 3s (6s for pet) quickness and 5s (10s for pet) swiftness.

Imo, traits like “Sharpened Edges” should affect both ranger and pet. Same for “Trapper’s Defense”, “Companion’s Might” etc.