Plea To The Devs To Un Nerf RTL

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I feel that this will be the equivalent of “Fix pets!” on the ranger cdi if/when they make an ele cdi.

Also burning retreat has 1200 range on a 20s cooldown. With a quick 180, you might be able to outrun a d/d ele.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

(edited by Cecilia.5179)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Imo, I don’t agree with giving more mobility to any class, there is a wide enough gap in classes between mobility and speed as it is.

(edited by Penguin.5197)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

What is the compensation for a light armor low HP using a short range weaponset?
To be kited and deal average damage?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gugus.1462

Gugus.1462

Guys, at least reverse the range nerf…
What’s the point? It wasn’t utterly unbalanced before.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Range nerf wouldn’t help to stay in range but only to flee.
RTL is currently infact used as before to flee, while losing its role of gap closer due to unreliabilty.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Omega.9601

Omega.9601

They could at the very least reduce the CD to 30 secs while you dont make contact, and remove immobalize, cripple, and chilled. The range on rtl got a pretty big nerf since they raised the cd.

Fort Aspenwood
Ectoplasm Ltd [GLOB] – Elementalist

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

They could at the very least reduce the CD to 30 secs while you dont make contact, and remove immobalize, cripple, and chilled. The range on rtl got a pretty big nerf since they raised the cd.

I think making it remove immobilize, cripple, and chill would make it too strong. Cripple and Chill doesn’t affect RtL range right now. Even warriors need to trait for it if they want movement skills to remove immobilize.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

I think making it remove immobilize, cripple, and chill would make it too strong. Cripple and Chill doesn’t affect RtL range right now. Even warriors need to trait for it if they want movement skills to remove immobilize.

They do have a weapon skill on the horn that removes them, with a 15s base CD and 9 target AoE. While it gives swiftness, it’s not a true movement skill though, so maybe the implications are different.

If you allowed RTL to cure soft CC, I imagine a lot of people would complain about it’s strength for escaping again. And it would make that a bit easier, true. But the high CD would still be there. And it would help you stay on a target that is trying to kite you as well. And even if you weren’t having trouble staying on an opponent, it would give a legitimate reason to use the skill in close combat beside just doing a small amount of damage.

IDK if it’s really my preferred solution, but it’s something to think about.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in Profession Balance

Posted by: modomario.4196

modomario.4196

Supreme tankiness

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You’re a funny guy.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: chris.6583

chris.6583

If they wanted to nerf RTL, they should have done it in a way that was consistent with every other skill in the game. The double CD on miss is still a ridiculous penalty, since it triggers on blind/block/evade/invuln as well as simply out of range.

They nerfed it because they wanted it to be used to engage targets, rather than run away from them. Well, if the attack was blocked, then I was trying to engage with it. So why am I still being punished so harshly?

if they wanted to use mobility skills to hit thargets they should rework ALL of them including Rush, Savage Leap, Bull’s Charge, Sprint, Heartseeker, Swoop, Tsunami Slash, Fiery Rush, Leap of Faith, etc… to work similar like mesmer illusions skills, can’t be used if you dont have a target (even if the target is out of range), in that way they are going to be used for the desired purpose …. so … why they didn’t “fixed” all other skills too???

in Profession Balance

Posted by: HallusH.3987

HallusH.3987

Absolutely Not Arena.net !!

It’s an Entrapment by this class to make their mobilities and bursts more OP than it is. Ride the lightning already output Super Extreme Op burst than it should be. Reversing this lock-down would be a suicide to your vision for class balance.

They are already in The Holy Trinity, why make them more?

Instead, Elementalist are Overly OverPowered and are in serious need to be Nerfed/Balanced more.

You gave them Invincibility (Diamond Skin), what more?

More God Mode Burst; Ride The Lightning?

Other class buffs beside Warrior and you, doesn’t make them Overly Overpowered.

take a look at this thread with video and tell me how ‘weak’ Ride the lightning is ?

take a look at this thread with video and tell me how ‘underpowered’ Elementalists are ?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Diamond-Skin-build-w-video/first#post3833635

and

On that same thread what did i say
“very cool video and build.
however i hope this isn’t what will be pointed out to be as “ele are fine look”
cause killing some up scaled to 80’s with the best gear + fully buffed is pretty lolz but that is it.”

Thank you for being the statistic of “i told you so”.