[PvP] Automated Response

[PvP] Automated Response

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Any trait that can provide a 100% uptime while under 25% hard counter to conditions is inherently overpowered. It provides complete immunity to a large chuink specs and is a 100% passive ability (no skill play). I propose two changes to allow at least some counterplay

1) Condition durations are reduced for while below the health threshold. Health threshold: 25%, Duration decreased: 100%, 6s duration, 10s recharge.
2)Condition durations are reduced for while below the health threshold. Health threshold: 50%, Duration decreased: 50%

These changes both prevent engineers from having an automatic “I-win” button hard counter while pushing far point against condi builds while still providing very useful + powerful condi defense. Cheers.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

[PvP] Automated Response

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If I remember correctly, the “-100% duration” was what it and Berserker’s Stance were supposed to be to begin with, but ANet never bothered changing them to that when it was clear (day 1 of their respecitve current functions) that they instead gave total immunity.

Not saying if their current function is fine or not, just saying that they weren’t originally intended to be total immunity, at least as far as what ANet announced at the time.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

[PvP] Automated Response

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

25% hp isn’t that much. But I see how it can be a little problematic for condi-spammers…

[PvP] Automated Response

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

25% hp isn’t that much. But I see how it can be a little problematic for condi-spammers…

The biggest issue isn’t in team fights, it’s that engis are often far point assaulters fighting lots of 1v1s. If they come across any condi-spec in 1v1 it’s pretty much a guaranteed win for the engi (or at worst a stalemate)

The Battle Bakery [vPie]