[PvX] Thief tow line

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I know i had similar post from a while ago but since we have new forums here~ Can stun portion from tow line be removed, please. It makes absolutely non sense that the caster gets stunned by own cast while target isn’t affected at all.

Right now what happens is following: thief uses tow line -> thief (yes, thief) gets stunned while his target is only crippled -> thief is pulled to target while being still stunned and unable to do anything and target can cast at will. Tow line costs 4 ini on top of it.

Thanks.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

Please change this skill. As of right now, I only use it on accident.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Tow line is the only skill that self-CCs the user for no apparent reason and does nothing good to the enemy to compensate.

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Cynz.9437

Please? Can we get any answer on it since apprently that issue been there since launch and even wiki doesn’t have any info on that spell stunning the caster himself.

All is Vain~

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Tow line is the only skill that self-CCs the user for no apparent reason and does nothing good to the enemy to compensate.

Necro Spear 5 is the same deal. 5 bleeds is not going to ever be a reaonable tradeoff for a self-stun.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

It pulls you towards the target, as a gapcloser underwater. Thats what it does to your enemy, closes the gap towards him.
Its also not the only ability that CCs the user.

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Cynz.9437

It pulls you towards the target, as a gapcloser underwater. Thats what it does to your enemy, closes the gap towards him.
Its also not the only ability that CCs the user.

shadow shot also pulls character to target, but it doesn’t stun the caster…also tow line already has relative high costs for spell that does almost no dmg and only cripples

i don’t think thief is a class that can allow himself luxery of being stunned in melee range of the target, especially underwater where they have almost no utilities available

All is Vain~

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Cynz.9437

help tow line 2014

All is Vain~

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

I feel like they added the self-cc effect to tow line so that it couldn’t be spammed, but in doing so they made the skill useless because by the time your self-cc has worn off the enemy has already swum out of range again. They need to at least make it CC both parties to make it even vaguely useful.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prince.7198

Prince.7198

It is not the only self CC but it is the most useless self CC.
But underwaterthief has been broken from the start. Just look at the utility skills available, there are almost none (devs reasoning: stealth and smoke skills wont work underwater, lol ele can use fire skills and air skills underwater XDXD, engi can use bombs, tell me how that works lighting a fuse underwater??) and we have 1 crappy elite at our disposal. We used to have some underwater relevance when we had spear 5 doing reasonable damage while providing a long evade but that is nerfed to oblivion as a 7 ini skill allowing you to cast it twice and then die.

In “the raid of the capricorne” pvp match i dont even bother trying to cap the ruins (underwater node) since any other class easily kills me as all my survival utilities are “not available” and thief is a squishy kitten without them.

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Cynz.9437

I feel like they added the self-cc effect to tow line so that it couldn’t be spammed, but in doing so they made the skill useless because by the time your self-cc has worn off the enemy has already swum out of range again. They need to at least make it CC both parties to make it even vaguely useful.

at least that

All is Vain~

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Working as intended…
Will be buffing the stun duration (on thief) to 4 seconds.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Are we seriously discussing underwater skills?

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Cynz.9437

as long as wvw and pvp maps include underwater combat, yes

All is Vain~

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Please? Can we get any answer on it since apprently that issue been there since launch and even wiki doesn’t have any info on that spell stunning the caster himself.

How do you mean, it *stun*s yourself?
You mean it interrupts the cast? Or post-cast?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

as long as wvw and pvp maps include underwater combat, yes

Underwater combat is almost entirely irrelevant in most pvp-related encounters. The balance and general implementation of underwater combat is so bad that ANet even decided to remove underwater combat from one of the “competitive” pvp maps ages ago. The biggest source of potential underwater combat was also removed from WvW months ago.

There will be no fixes anytime soon. Also, Necromancer and Elementalist have to deal with the same thing.

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Cynz.9437

How do you mean, it *stun*s yourself?
You mean it interrupts the cast? Or post-cast?

use skill → get pulled to target → get stunned → can’t do anything while target is able to move out or attack

All is Vain~

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

Half of the Engineer skills would like a word with you.

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Cynz.9437

never saw engi stunning himself…

All is Vain~

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

never saw engi stunning himself…

Really… never?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Overcharged_Shot

inb4 kd is totally different.

I totally agree that tow the line is rubbish though.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

A little off topic, but that kitten mesmer underwater skill that not only ccs you, but also any ally who passes through it, has to be the most annoying thing ever.
Seriously, who decided it would be a good idea to have a skill that essentially puts unbreakable fear on allies for several seconds?

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

A little off topic, but that kitten mesmer underwater skill that not only ccs you, but also any ally who passes through it, has to be the most annoying thing ever.
Seriously, who decided it would be a good idea to have a skill that essentially puts unbreakable fear on allies for several seconds?

Oh you mean my zerg sprint?
Very handy skill, it’s part of what makes me ~unbeatable underwater, especially because most players never practice it. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

The fact that you put it in this way indicates they are very, very bad.

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Oh you mean my zerg sprint?
Very handy skill, it’s part of what makes me ~unbeatable underwater, especially because most players never practice it. :P

It’s when stupid people use it on that underwater point in capricorn for no discernible reason other than that it’s off cooldown that I hate it, because getting jetted off in a random direction for several seconds isn’t a bonus when you’re trying to hold a point.

[PvX] Thief tow line

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Haha, yes. But really, I think just removing all skills which force character movement or standstill would be bad.

It’s an important part of balancing some skills that they cannot be aborted. In the case of Scorpion Wire, the issue is the bugs, not the part where it locks you. :S