[Ranger]combat mode traits

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

The Ranger class has at least 10 traits which require combat mode. Even worse, half of them require the pet to be in combat mode, so the Ranger being in combat mode isn’t even enough.

Traits which require the Ranger to be in combat mode:
Tail Wind (Skirmishing 5 points)
Furious Grip (Skirmishing 10 points)
Companion’s Defense (Wilderness Survival 15 points)
Mighty Swap (Beastmastery VI)
Spotter (Marksman VII)

Traits which require the pet to be in combat mode:
Concentration Training (Nature Magic II)
Compassion Training (Beastmastery IV)
Malicious Training (Marksmanship II)
Pet’s Prowess (Skirmishing I)
Expertise Training (Wilderness Survival V)

Why is this? I’m not sure if other classes have the same issues, but is there some technical limitation that requires this to happen? The tooltips don’t mention anything about this requirement, so you should at least add it to the tooltip, because currently they all come across as being bugged to the point of being broken.

in Profession Balance

Holland.9351

It’s especially bad for these two traits. It means Red Moa has to be in combat before its Fury duration is increased. Usually a Red Moa is put on passive and only used for applying Fury, not for fighting.

As for the other traits, it’s not possible to use these to prepare going into combat. Most of them just need an internal cooldown or already have it. Companion’s Defense is already limited by endurance, so it wouldn’t need any extra restrictions.

Still, I wonder, are there technical limitations or is it a balance issue? Especially the traits that require the pet to be in combat don’t make sense.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: AlphaK.9486

AlphaK.9486

I agree that these two need to have the “pet in combat” requirement removed. I think this needing pet in combat code was a holdover back when you could swap pets out of combat and the pet f2 cooldowns were always refreshed allowing you to stack boons. Since pet swap f2 cooldown has long been fixed there should be technically no reason to require the pet to be in combat in order to take advantage of these traits.

in Profession Balance

Holland.9351

I agree that these two need to have the “pet in combat” requirement removed. I think this needing pet in combat code was a holdover back when you could swap pets out of combat and the pet f2 cooldowns were always refreshed allowing you to stack boons. Since pet swap f2 cooldown has long been fixed there should be technically no reason to require the pet to be in combat in order to take advantage of these traits.

Yes, that’s probably why and when it happened. It makes sense, but now it needs to be changed back again.