Ready Up – Episode 21, 8/29 @ Noon PDT

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Hey everybody,

This week on Episode 21 of Ready Up, Josh will be covering competitive event updates and will be joined by Competitive QA Embed, Jessica Boettiger to talk about the WvW Fall Tournament. Stay tuned until the end of the show for the final installment of the Skill Bar with Karl McLain where he will preview upcoming changes to the guardian and necromancer professions.

Date/Time: Friday, August 29 at 12:00pm PDT (19:00 UTC)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Minions and spirit weapons are going to need burning, torment and confusion on their autoattacks. Devs plz lissen.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Here’s to hoping posts by myself and my necro brethren have been used as inspiration. I shall make an in game sacrifice of players and critters to make it so.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Moving to the profession balance forum where dis belongs!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Here’s to hoping posts by myself and my necro brethren have been used as inspiration. I shall make an in game sacrifice of players and critters to make it so.

I will sacrifice lots of rabbits, birds, and armadillos.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I thought it was every two weeks, wouldn’t that make it next week?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lytalm.5673

Lytalm.5673

Can’t wait to see what you have for guardians!

Les Pirates du Styx [xQcx]
Fort Aspenwood

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lytalm.5673

Lytalm.5673

I would guess it’s because they are ready to talk about it and they want to have it out some time before the patch actually hit live state.

Les Pirates du Styx [xQcx]
Fort Aspenwood

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

they r in a perfectly fine spot.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Guardians still have many underused skills/traits. Those will probably get changes/buffs. Most likely spirit weapons and their traits.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

Guardians still have many underused skills/traits. Those will probably get changes/buffs. Most likely spirit weapons and their traits.

y u no get the jk >.>

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dandamanno.4136

dandamanno.4136

Minions and spirit weapons are going to need burning, torment and confusion on their autoattacks. Devs plz lissen.

People might actually use spirit weapons if they did.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Because:
1) These videos are in part about feedback. There is no way for them to receive and act on feedback when they’d only have 4 days if it was done next week.
2) The ToG signups started last week. As it is now these two professions are already really disadvantaged since no one knows the changes coming, so no team in a right mind would sign up with these professions right now. If they waited till next week, it’d be too late and both professions would be completely screwed (only desperate teams would take an uncertain pick like that), so by doing it this week they give teams time to figure out if they want to swap things up and take Necro/Guardian. Its not ideal, but its better than the alternative.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

Because:
1) These videos are in part about feedback. There is no way for them to receive and act on feedback when they’d only have 4 days if it was done next week.
2) The ToG signups started last week. As it is now these two professions are already really disadvantaged since no one knows the changes coming, so no team in a right mind would sign up with these professions right now. If they waited till next week, it’d be too late and both professions would be completely screwed (only desperate teams would take an uncertain pick like that), so by doing it this week they give teams time to figure out if they want to swap things up and take Necro/Guardian. Its not ideal, but its better than the alternative.

I doubt much will change for the Guardian that is going to change their one role in sPvP (bunker/support). While they might buff some of the under/never used stuff it still will not change the Guardian’s principle role on the team.

That being said, I think the real choice about whether to take a Guardian or not is going to be due to the fact that so many other Professions are now showing that they can bunker as effectively as a Guardian can while still being able to unleash massive condition damage (something the Guardian cannot do) which might make choosing a Guardian an actual deficit to your team picks. If you can choose between a bunker/support Profession and a bunker/support Profession that can actually kill other people quite effectively, it stands to reason you would choose the latter.

Of course, ArenaNet might just surprise everyone and actually make some significant changes to the Guardian, but after two years of “being in a good place” I think it highly unlikely.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

^If condition spirit weapon build becomes strong enough….^^^^^^^^

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This is how I predict the balance changes…. think about the thing you want the least and that’s what happens. It’s how I predicted:

1. Buff to turret engis
2. Buff to PU mesmers
3. Buff to spirit weapons

The only remaining prediction that needs to come true is a buff to Lich form.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Inb4 useless updates for Guardian, lol spirit weapons… much fun and challenge playing with AIs …

Stella Truth Seeker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

y u no get the jk >.>

The sad thing is that I’m genuinely afraid that they might pull the ‘guardians are in a good place’ card on us yet again.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

y u no get the jk >.>

The sad thing is that I’m genuinely afraid that they might pull the ‘guardians are in a good place’ card on us yet again.

Fear not! ANET will buff spirit weapons. Players have said that they do not enjoy fighting AI, so the balance team will ensure we need to fight more AI.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Floryn.6307

Floryn.6307

Guardian pets were not vastly used so they will “fix” this “issue” (moar AI).
Oh and by pets I mean spirit weapons aka yet another dumb AI for equally brain dead players.

On topic: I would have preferred some changes to the sigils …making them more interesting with both passive and active viable options (in most cases you wont equip them on your utility bar and if you do, it’s for the passive effect).

The biggest issue is not even the nonviable utilities/traits but the fact that we are OUTDATED, everything around us evolved whilst we remained in same spot since launch.

/guard with over 5500 hours spent in all areas of the game ( PVE/sPvP/WvW) waiting for another “guardian is in a good place” dev reply (justifying why we did not get an overhaul).

Band of BrothersMore than a guild, more than a team

(edited by Floryn.6307)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Here’s hoping this goes better than when they previewed the new healing skills, where the entire necro section was just “uh, it has an internal cooldown on the passive and the active. LETS HAVE SOME FUN WITH GUARDIANS!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

The biggest issue is not even the nonviable utilities/traits but the fact that we are OUTDATED, everything around us evolved whilst we remained in same spot since launch.

Not quite in the same spot. We have received several nerfs over the past couple of years. That’s something, eh?

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

People might actually use spirit weapons if they did.

i use SoA in wvw :| if not using WoR, pitty it takes 1 minute to recharge and dies in a few auto atacks.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Necro Axe buffz. Make it happen !

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prince.7198

Prince.7198

better make a new one for thief bcs if this is all we get i’m out!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

better make a new one for thief bcs if this is all we get i’m out!

Can I have your gold plx ?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Here’s hoping this goes better than when they previewed the new healing skills, where the entire necro section was just “uh, it has an internal cooldown on the passive and the active. LETS HAVE SOME FUN WITH GUARDIANS!”

You forgot “It has a big mark over the heads of your target and how they can dodge, block, or whatever to nearly nullify your heal. Did I mention it has a big huge mark floating above the target’s head?”

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

So necro update….. how about that fix to conditions that we’ve been waiting for since forever?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I can already see it…

So, we heard that you Necros need more focus defense…

So in order to improve your defense we will increase…the damage.

COUNTERPLAY COUNTERPRESSURE JK.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

hell yeah! more AI is what the game needs! bring it ON!!