[Skill Bar] Warrior's mobility

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

I play a warrior as my second main, so I keep up with the warrior news. Recently, there has been discussion about the class’s mobility and how Anet agreed that warriors are, frankly, too mobile. I anticipated to see this problem addressed in the Skill Bar, but if anything, warrior received (very slight) buffs to mobility.

So I’m left wondering, did they change their mind and decided warrior’s mobility is in a good place, or are they waiting another nine months to reevaluate after new metas settle?

Champion Hunter

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

they waiting another nine months to reevaluate after new metas settle

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

They received more than a ‘slight’ buff to mobility. Warriors in WvW will now have up to 100% immunity to CC conditions thanks to a single skill (Juggernaut). Not to mention the fact that Rush is still broken and doesn’t reliably hit targets, so people just use it to run away as a 1200 range gap OPENER instead of a gap closer like it’s intended to be.

I’m really, really disappointed by this.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I like the idea that warriors can resist to movement-impairing CC (flavorful with their “sturdy bodies”), but I dislike the idea that warriors can Ride the Lightning with their greatsword.

Would be nice to see their GS leaps range be decreased to 900 and Rush requiring a target (alongside being bug fixed, so it’s actually useful in combat). What do people think of that?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Warriors are already immune to cc condis thanks to hoelbrak, dogged march, and food (-93% duration on chill/cripple/immob).

Rush should just be changed to be more like bulls-charge (900 range, faster) imo.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I like the idea that warriors can resist to movement-impairing CC (flavorful with their “sturdy bodies”), but I dislike the idea that warriors can Ride the Lightning with their greatsword.

Would be nice to see their GS leaps range be decreased to 900 and Rush requiring a target (alongside being bug fixed, so it’s actually useful in combat). What do people think of that?

Yeah, no.

Why is everyone so bent on having forced targets in an action combat system ?

Additionally what GS leap ? Warriors dont have one.

You know what would be lovely, FGS reduced Whirl and Dash range to match Warriors GS.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

well… the adrenaline change is relevent to mobility discussion methinks, due to how adrenaline will be consumed whether the burst skill hits or misses, and also adrenaline starts degenerating as soon as combat ends with the update. the mobility is still there, but the burst potential as an opener is drastically reduced. warriors will have to build up adrenaline during battle now, and then use the burst skill later in the fight

also, skill bar preview revealed nerfs to hundred blades and whirling attack (about 5%), but buffed the F1 skill to a 5 target AoE with bonus damage against low HP targets

– The Baconnaire

in Profession Balance

Black Box.9312

Yeah, no.

You know what would be lovely, FGS reduced Whirl and Dash range to match Warriors GS.

FGS is an elite skill with 120 seconds of downtime on a class with light armor and low base HP. Nice try, but hardly a valid comparison.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: crochip.2389

crochip.2389

Yeah, no.

GS mobility is way over the top in wvw, either a longer cooldown or a shorter range is definitely needed. And the difference with the gs is that it is an elite skill with 180s cooldown. You can switch to Gs every 5s.

Maaarrrr | Piken Square | Second Law [Scnd]

in Profession Balance

SafiMoyo.5130

I like the idea of a target being required. But there’s still off-hand sword, banners, dogged march, so much stability and condi removal, warrior’s sprint, etc etc.

Not to say that ALL mobility needs to be taken away from warriors, but I was really expecting for at least a start today. But yes, a target required -would- be a good start.

Champion Hunter

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Anet agreed that warriors are, frankly, too mobile. I anticipated to see this problem addressed in the Skill Bar, but if anything, warrior received (very slight) buffs to mobility.

So I’m left wondering, did they change their mind and decided warrior’s mobility is in a good place, or are they waiting another nine months to reevaluate after new metas settle?

a lot of people misunderstood.

anet agreed that THE COMMUNITY thinks that the warrior are too mobile.

anet agreed that warriors should not get any more mobile.

there is no slight buff to mobility, quit spewing lies.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

they waiting another nine months to reevaluate after new metas settle

Oh yes the upcoming changes will definitely shake up the meta for the next 6 months………………………. said no one ever.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Profession Balance

TexZero.7910

Yeah, no.

FGS is an elite skill with 120 seconds of downtime on a class with light armor and low base HP. Nice try, but hardly a valid comparison.

Oh really you dont say, remind me which class has the 900 range blink, the 66%movement speed increase and invulnerability as well as RTL and BS… yep. Want to talk about abusive mobility Ele, Thieves are the king of it. They are just too busy QQ’ing here to realize it.

in Profession Balance

Black Box.9312

Yeah, no.

Oh really you dont say, remind me which class has the 900 range blink, the 66%movement speed increase and invulnerability as well as RTL and BS… yep. Want to talk about abusive mobility Ele, Thieves are the king of it. They are just too busy QQ’ing here to realize it.

Yes, let’s talk about RTL. RTL is a 1200 range mobility skill, much like Rush. But how is RTL different? Well, for starters, it has a dual cooldown system now. If you don’t land a successful hit on a target, you have to wait a whopping 40/36 seconds before you can use it again! And what’s more, if it’s blocked or it misses due to blind, you also have to wait a whopping 40/36 seconds before you can use it again!

So how about we give that a try on Rush, then? Seems only fair to me.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Yeah, no.

Thief and eles have the lowest base hp, and both lower tier armor than the warrior, mobility is part of their defense.

All I see after this skill bar, that warriors will stay in every tPvP team, gods in WvW and faceroll in PvE.

Wait, nothing has changed…

(edited by Kaiyanwan.8521)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Why do people complain about speed warriors? That is a unique build that requires sword and great sword.

in Profession Balance

SafiMoyo.5130

Actually, you misunderstood.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Ready-Up-Balance-Philosophy-6-13-Noon-PDT/page/6#post4118467

there is no slight buff to mobility,

Rampage – Reduced the amount of incoming physical damage by 25% meaning that all strikes you take will be reduced. All incoming chilled/crippled/immobilize conditions will be reduced by another 33%. If you have dogged march and this ability you gonna be suffering from almost no movement impairing abilities.

quit spewing lies.

No u.

Champion Hunter

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Warriors need mobility nerfed. Period. Yes it’s not a pvp problem, but in wvw, (I know balance there isn’t possible, but if one thing is SUPERIOR op, you must nerf it, and here it’s the case) it’s a massive problem. Everyone and their mother plays warrior these days, and they almost all have one thing in common: They use GS, they try some burst stuff, if they fail they just runaway without a scratch. For a thief, i get it. Their profession incentive is all about deveiving your enemy with stealth. Warrior however is a tank, high hp, bursty profession highly resistant to movement impairing effects. That combo alone should be enough to be able to run away. But nope, they got 3 very good leaps, 4 if you count Impale underwater. This has to stop. In wvw, Rush should be at most 600 range. Otherwise it’s just stupid op.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

This assumes that the Skill Bar is showing 100% of all changes, which I highly doubt will be the case.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Black Box.9312

Why do people complain about speed warriors? That is a unique build that requires sword and great sword.

You don’t even really need sword, honestly. GS alone gives you a 1650 range gap with 2 skills every 20 seconds, and with a simple adept trait and runeset (both of which are commonly used in a large number of warrior builds) you can be highly resistant to movement impairing conditions, which are there to be used to counter such mobility in the first place.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

Now thats one big point what i dont understand. Why they dont nerv these insane stupid mobility ftom this HEAVY class.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Actually, you misunderstood.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Ready-Up-Balance-Philosophy-6-13-Noon-PDT/page/6#post4118467

there is no slight buff to mobility,

Rampage – Reduced the amount of incoming physical damage by 25% meaning that all strikes you take will be reduced. All incoming chilled/crippled/immobilize conditions will be reduced by another 33%. If you have dogged march and this ability you gonna be suffering from almost no movement impairing abilities.

quit spewing lies.

No u.

no, you misunderstood. let me highlight it for you.

The point about warrior low/high mobility was actually community feedback that we were relaying, in that you would like to see the warrior have less access to mobility skills – not more. We don’t think warrior should have more mobility.

Our list of long-term balance goals is something we created independently of forum feedback, and honestly, we’re pretty happy with how closely your thoughts and our ideas coincided. Sorry for any confusion.

elite transform rampage damage reduction to movement impairment conditions is not a mobility buff.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Now thats one big point what i dont understand. Why they dont nerv these insane stupid mobility ftom this HEAVY class.

The same way those light classes dont get into pieces when that heavy class hundred blade them in their cloth armour.

Its a game.

in Profession Balance

TexZero.7910

Because its not insane… but it’s cool.

Call me when warriors can gap glose 2700 units in 2 seconds flat.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

This assumes that the Skill Bar is showing 100% of all changes, which I highly doubt will be the case.

Really? Judging by Anet’s history, previews are everything.

in Profession Balance

DiogoSilva.7089

Yeah, no.

First, I agree that ele’s FGS should get the same treatment. It was not designed to be a escaping tool (it would, howver, need a compensation buff, as FGS is useless at anything else outside of abusing a “feature” in pve).

Second, warriors and elementalists are different professions, with different weaknesses, strenghts and flavor. Warriors are the ones that should feel physically sturdy. Elementalists are the ones that should feel frail, and dependent on elemental tricks.

That a frail class got its highly flavorful RTL skill nerfed, and a sturdy class can RTL better than the unnerfed RTL just feels flavorfully and mechanically wrong.

Not saying that warriors should be completely stripped out of their mobility skills. They shouldn’t just ride the wind better than the profession that has mastered air magic itself.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

ANet NEVER stated that they agreed that they’re mobility was too strong unless I missed something. They they did say is that some posters on the Forums said they they felt that mobility was too strong, they didn’t say they agreed.

I don’t understand, is it OK for a Thief/Mesmer to use Stealth/Teleports as a way to disengage but it’s NOT OK for a class to very visibly run away? How about FGS on Ele? Swoop on Ranger (mentioned because it’s getting an evade)?

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

ANet NEVER stated that they agreed that they’re mobility was too strong unless I missed something. They they did say is that some posters on the Forums said they they felt that mobility was too strong, they didn’t say they agreed.

I don’t understand, is it OK for a Thief/Mesmer to use Stealth/Teleports as a way to disengage but it’s NOT OK for a class to very visibly run away? How about FGS on Ele? Swoop on Ranger (mentioned because it’s getting an evade)?

The difference is those professions are balanced around those mechanics. Warrior is tanky, deals high damage, has immunities, and can run faster than Usain Bolt.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

ask a mesmer.

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Profession Balance

BurrTheKing.8571

The difference is those professions are balanced around those mechanics. Warrior is tanky, deals high damage, has immunities, and can run faster than Usain Bolt.

Greatsword is designed around having high mobility with a weak AA but a strong damage dealing skill that requires combing with something like Bull’s Charge or Skull Crack to be useful. Without the mobility the weapon is a piece of garbage not worth using. Making it require a target would change nothing in WvW (target a mob and swap when you get close or sheathe the weapon). Giving it a RTL mechanic is also silly considering how much Ele’s despise it, not to mention how random Rush can be when it comes to actually connecting.

Just an angry old man…

in Profession Balance

Axialbloom.8109

Warrior mobility is still too high.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

no its not

in Profession Balance

BurrTheKing.8571

That’s not an argument. There are plenty of mobile specs in the game. Taking a GS on a Warrior means you gain mobility at the cost of something else. Take a Mace/Hammer and you get a strong combo with a weakness to condition overload. Take a Bow and you get better condi cleanse but overall you’re being fairly selfish and not supporting your team in any way; it’s also heavily reliant on hitting Pin Down/Bull’s Charge + 100b to do significant damage. Take an Axe and you have a good roaming build but you’re not that useful in a team/zerg and you have that condi overload risk.

You don’t see GS that often in PvP, it’s mostly Hambow/Axebow, so it’s not a problem there. In WvW if you’re talking about GS+Swd/Whrn then you got a really weak fighting build. With just GS quite a few builds can catch them. This will be especially true with the upcoming buffs to LB/GS Rangers who will have a long leap AND crazy range. When I play Engi I can just Magnet them the second they start running seeing as they can’t evade at that point nor can they get out of range fast enough. Thieves have multiple shadowsteps and movement skills. Necros and Guards are kinda outa luck but they aren’t designed to be chasing classes and even then it’s possible for a well placed Wall to make them come right back to you if you react fast enough.

I play Warrior, Engi, and Guard frequently and even when not on my Warrior I really don’t care if a Warrior runs away from me. If they do I just /wave @ or /laugh @ and half the time they turn around and then just get killed by me. Even if they don’t then whoopdido I missed out on 1 little loot bag. Now Thieves, those little punks will spam stealth constantly and occasionally attack. That is WAAAAAAY more annoying/imbalanced. Of course I just adjusted and started running builds focused around killing those types of builds so even now it’s not a huge issue.

It’s another case of players wanting Warriors to be free kills again and not having to learn how to deal with them. Apparently ANet agrees going by these notes.

Just an angry old man…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Sadly you are mistaken. It isn’t.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I have to strongly agree the warrior is defiantly too mobile in this spec. This spec has higher armor, and health then an spec you guys defending it, have compared it too. As well it does comparable damage. It doesn’t fit thematically to a heavy armor profession, has no lore to support it, and does not fit into anything mentioned in either the old or newly stated balance philosophies.

No one defending the mobility is offering any path of logic to justify its existence. They are just repeatedly claiming it is validated by other professions movement skills, yet refusing to justify why it is validated for a warrior when they have other things in a build that the other professions do not.

The most comical excuse, is when posters claim those who disagree with them are crying because they missed out on a free bag. Whether or not you would or would not have killed the warrior is irrelevant. The fact that it is not an option is relevant. What a thief can do is irrelevant, mobility is used to describe their intended purpose in the balancing philosophy.

The same posters who claim the skill does not deserve the same treatment as RTL nerf because the professions are different, turns around immediately after and hypocritically uses the different profession of the thief to grasp at straws trying to justify it. Warrior mobility is still too high.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

DiogoSilva.7089

Also, it’s not hard to guess that warrior’s GS and elementalist’s FGS were meant to be destructive weapons with gap closers, not turn them into the Beep Beep Road Runner.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Also, it’s not hard to guess that warrior’s GS and elementalist’s FGS were meant to be destructive weapons with gap closers, not turn them into the Beep Beep Road Runner.

its not our fault that some warriors equip GS/Sw-Wh just to abuse mobility skills to flee!!

we the other group of warriors NEED this mobility to even be close enough to Thieves and Mesmers, to be able to have a chance against them.

nerfing Warrior mobility will hurt this group of warriors, but those who flee will just have to do it earlier.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

I have to strongly agree the warrior is defiantly too mobile in this spec. This spec has higher armor, and health then an spec you guys defending it, have compared it too. As well it does comparable damage. It doesn’t fit thematically to a heavy armor profession, has no lore to support it, and does not fit into anything mentioned in either the old or newly stated balance philosophies.

No one defending the mobility is offering any path of logic to justify its existence. They are just repeatedly claiming it is validated by other professions movement skills, yet refusing to justify why it is validated for a warrior when they have other things in a build that the other professions do not.

The most comical excuse, is when posters claim those who disagree with them are crying because they missed out on a free bag. Whether or not you would or would not have killed the warrior is irrelevant. The fact that it is not an option is relevant. What a thief can do is irrelevant, mobility is used to describe their intended purpose in the balancing philosophy.

The same posters who claim the skill does not deserve the same treatment as RTL nerf because the professions are different, turns around immediately after and hypocritically uses the different profession of the thief to grasp at straws trying to justify it. Warrior mobility is still too high.

If you REALLY want to see that warrior was made by ANet to have that mobility you just need to compare the GS of all professions and what they offer.

Warrior one only offers mobility and some conditional burst.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

we the other group of warriors NEED this mobility to even be close enough to Thieves and Mesmers, to be able to have a chance against them.

nerfing Warrior mobility will hurt this group of warriors, but those who flee will just have to do it earlier.

This is a joke right? We are talking about WvW here and every warrior can sit on my face 90% of the time because dogged march, buff food and runes make him almost invincible against any form of soft CC. They dont even need a greatsword for that.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arcades.4689

Arcades.4689

This is a joke right? We are talking about WvW here and every warrior can sit on my face 90% of the time because dogged march, buff food and runes make him almost invincible against any form of soft CC. They dont even need a greatsword for that.

1v1 roaming in wvw isn’t balanced and will never be. Cond thief, engi or mesmer curbstomp any warrior out there, but nobody cares.

in Profession Balance

Black Box.9312

1v1 roaming in wvw isn’t balanced and will never be. Cond thief, engi or mesmer curbstomp any warrior out there, but nobody cares.

I, for one, care, because I refuse to play PvP because point-capture is a terrible game mode to base class balance on.

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

I, for one, care, because I refuse to play PvP because point-capture is a terrible game mode to base class balance on.

PvP is a competitive game mode that tries to be an esport.
Pvp is balanced around point-capture, wvw is balanced around zergs.

Just like nobody cares about condi thief or PU mesmers in pvp (they’re troll hotjoin builds useless in point-capture), nobody should care about 1v1 in wvw.
And frankly warriors can’t really compare to other 1v1 cheese builds in wvw.

in Profession Balance

Black Box.9312

Just like nobody cares about condi thief or PU mesmers in pvp (they’re troll hotjoin builds useless in point-capture), nobody should care about 1v1 in wvw.

Point-capture is based around the premise of who can bunker and counter-bunker better. When you balance classes around this, you get predominantly defensive builds and CC heavy builds that overshadow others. Take for example the guardian, who has been ‘in a good place’ for 2 years now, even though in reality it’s pigeonholed into two roles despite the promise pre-launch that class wouldn’t have a factor on player role.

Once they start balancing the way classes interact with each other on the fights themselves rather than who can hold a circle on the map better, I will take sPvP and this game’s balancing as a whole more seriously.

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

Point-capture is based around the premise of who can bunker and counter-bunker better. When you balance classes around this, you get predominantly defensive builds and CC heavy builds that overshadow others. Take for example the guardian, who has been ‘in a good place’ for 2 years now, even though in reality it’s pigeonholed into two roles despite the promise pre-launch that class wouldn’t have a factor on player role.

Once they start balancing the way classes interact with each other on the fights themselves rather than who can hold a circle on the map better, I will take sPvP and this game’s balancing as a whole more seriously.

The point is not “PvP is awesome, roaming is not”.
the point is: every game aspect balances around itself.
Wvw aims to be balanced around zergs, pvp around point capture.
In both game aspects you can create extremely troll cheesy builds, but completely useless for zerg or point capture, and that’s why nerfing them isn’t really top priority.

Also, I’ll never understand why you’re complaining about gs. There are a metric TON of cheesy builds in wvw, why is everyone whining about warrior’s gs (a mediocre weapon)?

Ah, btw, I really wish they’d nerf Rush to 1200, 900 loc, just fix it and let it hit something!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ackos.7942

Ackos.7942

I main warrior since beta, i must admit that GS is a bit too much. The problem with the GS is that it is the main weapon in PvE with the high dmg and that is has plenty of movement options. I would not mind that they nerf Rush to 900, but atleast fix the bug that it won’t hit anything.
Outside the GS, we have only 1 more weapon skill that leaps and it usefull for running and that is sword (hammer got nerfed, axe is meant to run with) and next to that bulls rush. If you dont run with GS or sword, we almost dont have any ‘leap’ skills (to escape). I would like to see that the GS gets of gets a dmg nerf or a mobility nerf, so it gets 1 place it excels in and not more than that.

in Profession Balance

Black Box.9312

The point is not “PvP is awesome, roaming is not”.
the point is: every game aspect balances around itself.
Wvw aims to be balanced around zergs, pvp around point capture.
In both game aspects you can create extremely troll cheesy builds, but completely useless for zerg or point capture, and that’s why nerfing them isn’t really top priority.

Also, I’ll never understand why you’re complaining about gs. There are a metric TON of cheesy builds in wvw, why is everyone whining about warrior’s gs (a mediocre weapon)?

Ah, btw, I really wish they’d nerf Rush to 1200, 900 loc, just fix it and let it hit something!

Except, Anet balances the whole game around sPvP, which has a single point-capture game mode. Not everyone in WvW zergs, and even if they did it would be completely irrelevant to the overall balancing of the game. This is why you have glaring problems like stealth disengages and out of combat mobility being able to essentially ‘reset’ fights in WvW; because they aren’t issues in point-capture and therefore they are largely ignored as balancing factors.

in Profession Balance

Black Box.9312

I main warrior since beta, i must admit that GS is a bit too much. The problem with the GS is that it is the main weapon in PvE with the high dmg and that is has plenty of movement options. I would not mind that they nerf Rush to 900, but atleast fix the bug that it won’t hit anything.
Outside the GS, we have only 1 more weapon skill that leaps and it usefull for running and that is sword (hammer got nerfed, axe is meant to run with) and next to that bulls rush. If you dont run with GS or sword, we almost dont have any ‘leap’ skills (to escape). I would like to see that the GS gets of gets a dmg nerf or a mobility nerf, so it gets 1 place it excels in and not more than that.

IIRC, mainhand axe and hammer both have ranged cripple abilities that allow you to close the gap with your target. You don’t really NEED a leap on either one to keep up with your enemy. As for leap skills being used to escape, that is the problem in the first place. Warriors shouldn’t be able to just say “oh I’m losing, better just run away” and be gone just like that. Skillful play should be rewarded with the kill, just like it is when facing any other class (except maybe thief/mesmer with stealth, but that’s another discussion meant for a separate thread).

in Profession Balance

Arcades.4689

Except, Anet balances the whole game around sPvP, which has a single point-capture game mode. Not everyone in WvW zergs, and even if they did it would be completely irrelevant to the overall balancing of the game. This is why you have glaring problems like stealth disengages and out of combat mobility being able to essentially ‘reset’ fights in WvW; because they aren’t issues in point-capture and therefore they are largely ignored as balancing factors.

Wvw is (should) balanced for zerg vs zerg, or at least gvg. That’s the purpose of the game aspect and most people play with a group.
Those disengage skills that you despise so much are the only way to avoid being curbstomped by any enemy zerg, so I’d say they’re pretty much necessary for roaming.

in Profession Balance

Black Box.9312

Wvw is (should) balanced for zerg vs zerg, or at least gvg. That’s the purpose of the game aspect and most people play with a group.
Those disengage skills that you despise so much are the only way to avoid being curbstomped by any enemy zerg, so I’d say they’re pretty much necessary for roaming.

GvG in GW2 is a joke IMO, and isn’t even worth bringing up. As for zergs, they are only effective because of the aoe cap. If that were to ever get removed, you’d see a lot more roaming/havoc groups and a lot less blobs. But again, this is irrelevant, because WvW is not a factor involved in the balancing process to begin with.

in Profession Balance

Axialbloom.8109

If warrior mobility is somehow fine, then Greatsword needs a large damage nerf.